(2008) Brides of year 2008

jolene428

haha.. dont nervous
happy.gif
still got alot of time :D heehee... i think the ones very nervous is jane now!!! her AD is tmr!!! all the best to her!!!

who else AD is tis wkend ah??

clarissa

hi ladies, need some help here... juz like to check, for the PG, VG, MUA and jiemeis... hw much is the norm to give for red pkt? and when parents give, do we give as well? I heard different versions from different ppl... very confused now...

jolene428

stay: i oso lor!!! got to serve drinks and all also! ahaha but mine is 8am so no need to cook for them :p but me and my HB brought the two brothers/helpers our for a good breakfast after bringing the GDL items back to my HB hse
happy.gif

oh btw, who else is like me gg to stay with MIL after AD? my new hse ready in 2012, Punggol Lodge!! Any neighbours here???

luckiechako: ehhh how come u need to prepare oranges? my GDL is return 50% of the oranges my HB brought over.

yeah, we give 2 bottles of orange juice, give angbaos to represent towels to my two SILs, angbaos to represent shoes to my PIL, MIL, GIL and HB.

my mum also gave my HB another two angbaos - 1 for buying land and 1 for birthday. i think its a teochew bride customs.

We also gave the red basin set, the 2 bedlamps, 1 tea set, 2 cloth shoes for me and HB, two towels for me and HB, 2 pyjamas for me and HB. the cloth for the shen2 tai2, a musical box, chao3 tou2, mini clogs and da yuan xiao yuan.

i oso brought the drowry set over to my HB hse.

jolene428

stay: aiyoh.. he taught in mixed school leh and teaching mainly NA and NT somemore.... haha.. he said his female students v distracted at first until he told them he got a pretty wife liao hahaha... then he said they abit sad but some still like secretly crush on him... duhz... he soooo thick skinned lor!

but bad thg is, he is not tall lah :p hahaha... 1.7m only :p

jolene428

hihi clarissa: actually it realli depends... for the two mothers to give is just for ji2 li4 so the amt normal is like $8 to $18. But then i personally thk bride shld give lor coz they are serving the bride mah, nt the mothers... angbao from bride will be like tipping thm for their service
happy.gif
and best to give them before they start work... will make their day.. amt varies lor... can be $28-$58... depends on hw much u are comfy with
happy.gif
rem to tip the hotel coordinator and banquet captain before the dinner too ^^ best during the handover
happy.gif

stay: i thk i forgot to ans ur qns on the amt just nw oso :p tis is the ans :p

racht

jie huan bu zhi shi liang ge ren de shi, er shi liang jia ren de shi.. ½á»é²»Ö»ÊÇÁ½¸öÈ˵ÄÊÂ, ¶øÊÇÁ½¼ÒÈ˵ÄÊÂ. Marriage is not about two people but two family. *sighz*

racht

jie huan bu zhi shi liang ge ren de shi, er shi liang jia ren de shi.. ½á»é²»Ö»ÊÇÁ½¸öÈ˵ÄÊÂ, ¶øÊÇÁ½¼ÒÈ˵ÄÊÂ. Marriage is never about two people but two family. *sighz*

happymrskoh

Stay: I will share my experiences after my visit and thanks for the encouragement!

Jolene: Will tell them it's recommended by you! Thanks!

Btw, the thread is moving so fast!I can't catch up.. haha

Think it's good to give all the helpers Ang Bao. It's a form of gratitude & appreciation and they will be more than glad to help you out on your BIG day. =P

pinky81

STAY (stay): Lol.. That time when I replied.. there are only a few replies on that day. I thought that the posts are getting fewer. I really got a shock when I read the posts today. SOOOO many!

Jolene: TIA! I will ask u questions if I have any about rasa. But the first thing... I also want the Presidential SUITE! haha.. Luxury leh. Maybe I do not book that many room as compared to yous.. only 2 for my xiong dis and jiemeis.

Like you, I will be staying with my MIL. Even if we apply for a new flat, the flat will be rented out first. Only child, only son. No Choice.

As for the mani and pedi you recommended, seems not bad! Feel like going down already to do it to try it. I need a nail design that can match with my bridal and evening gown. =)

sylmc

totally agree with racht. and this time, you will see the angels and the devils (nosey relatives who nick pick at everything...cannot keep comments to themselves. I hate them grrr!!!)

sotonglet - y stress over attendance? dun lah...I oredi remove 2 tables because my guests have to go away on holidays. I still have a handful of 'amber' colored guests who are on the waiting list for holidays so I spread them out. Even activate guests on reserve list also.

pinky81

Jolene: One more question - Is Far East Plaza very near to your place? I am thinking how to do my manicure a day before and then protect it nicely till the nest day since Far East is not very near to where I stay.

happinessbliss

Green < Brazilian wax is ok .... 1st time when u do the brazilian wax sure will be abit painful... but after a few times it is quite bearable... I am also a regular of brazilian wax... find that it is cleaner....

lost_in_space

so nervous.. my Ad this sat.. tomolo go do manicure and pedicure..

jolene, glad that everything went well for you..
how much to tip the banquet manager ah?

stay

Jolene: im also staying with ILs after marriage, and mine is infinity one... dun think we will move out coz my HTB wants to stay with them. On ur HB's height, dun u realise that good looking men are always not very tall? take Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise as very good egs! thanks for sharing on the ang bao amounts too!

Pinky81: if u REALLY REALLY wanna protect ur nails, dun need to stay near the nail salon, just wear gloves after u are sure ur nails are dried lor. So make sure u have plenty of time to stay and wait for it to totally dry. I recommend using quick dry. I feel it usually lasts longer. i think i will also wear gloves coz im super "cho-lor" and always spoil my manicure on the first day that i do.
Lost: ALL THE VERY VERY BEST TO UR AD! Just rem to smile more and stay calm!
happy.gif

jolene428

lost: heehee... wow!!! so fast ur AD!! dont worry, it will be great!!!

ehhhh... i tipped the banquet manager and hotel coordinator between $38-$58.

Pinky81: ehhh u can try to ask if can give u a better suite :p heehee.. if u are the only bride tt day maybe chances are there oso...anyway nt everyone will wan to book the presidential suite for hols mahhh... $2K a nite wor!!!

my hse in thomson..nt fair frm far east but then dun worry wor coz it will last for a few days.. till now the color hasnt come off
happy.gif
the nailart still intact nicely too after i washed a few times of hair after my AD ^^

ohh.. then we same same coz we may eventually just rent out the new hse ... keke... okay lah, as long as ur MIL is nice hor, it doesnt matter
happy.gif
even better still coz she can help u do hsework :p and take care of ur future baby ^^
my HB oso only son, with two sisters...he told me frm the start, he needs to take care of his parents liao... so i oso understd lah ^^

veria

Dear all,

Does anyone of you have "Two Words" by Lea Salonga? Or "We could be in love" by Lea Salonga &amp; Brad Kane (Disney love songs)

We're still trying to scramble around for songs for our ROM ceremony before our Banquet.

hapimint

My wedding is also on the 7th Dec...

Doing my GDL this sat Intention is to order 32 boxes....... ordered my cakes from this old cake shop in Jurong West...

Buying those round cakes, walnut cake... cos my mother and aunties tell me that even elderlys are getting afraid of getting fat so dun like creamy things...

Not sure true a not lar... then they tell me cannot keep.. cos sometimes we take more than a day to deliver all the cakes mar.... Anyway, my mother happy can le lor... Just give lar...

jo_vin

Jane! Congrats to u!! Rem to come back n update us what happened ya??? Guess u must be so excited now.. I think u wake up alrdy? Have a nice wedding!!!! So excited for u le...

STAY, ya lor.. stress really cannot eat right? Its like u wont feel hungry one lor.. But after the event, ur stomach will growl. Haha.. Btw, i would be gg down to the reception are to meet up with the guests. I feel that its better cos guests come all the way just want to c n talk to u. But if u hide in the room then like not very good. Somemore maybe whole night u wont have much time to talk to them..

Jolene, i'm sure i will drink alot one lor.. Cos my friends all drinkers. I hope i'll be able to eat on that day!! But im like tat de, once stress then cannot eat liao. Pray hard.. Haha...

Haha.. ur hubby so sweet.. At least u let him handle liao then he finally understand why its so shiok. Haha..

Wah.. 20yrs old open nail shop le.. Thats very amazing lor.. U really like helping them advertise wor. Haha.. If i dont have my nails salon liao, i will also go thr n try out.

Take birds nest everyday really got effect ah? If yes, i also want to go n buy liao.. Hehe.. Any good brands to intro?

Xiaokai, i wanna c ur photos also leh!! U have multiply? Go set up one account la.. Hehe..

popeye_gal, i've also added u in Multiply le. Approve ok? Hehe..

Stay, my hubby also crazy liao. He tell me he goes to gym every 2 other days in Macau. Will it really make him look more big size? Cos he's quite skinny wor.. I scared the more he workout, the skinnier he become. Haha..

jo_vin

Jolene, thanks for the tips! Will ask my hubby to prepare ang baos for the hotel n banque coordinator. I think that's impt too!

If u like cosy place to do ur nails, actually i can recommend u the nail salon that i always go. Cos its on the 2nd lvl of those shop house, so its very enclosed and very private. I like that place the first time i went there! Its at Tj Pagar there..

Wah.. what kind of ji2 li4 words we must say? Pls advice.. Huh? U mean put underneath the bed? Or ON the 4 corners of the bed? The shop ppl teach u one ah? Wah.. i very blur leh. How!!

Luckiechako, i think bride can be seen during GDL la.. no problem about that...

Wah.. how come u gals GDL so early one ah? Anyone do in the evening one huh? Cos we plan to do it in the evening leh.. Does it matter?

Lost, congrats to u! Must be very excited now and it will be a bz day for u today.. Dont think u'll be able to c this post also.. Hehe..

My hubby is coming back on Next Thurs!! Yeah! Think i will be very bz by then! But will be very excited also. Now alrdy very excited liao. Haha..

blooms

hey gals..will be having my AD in a few days time..so nervous...

anyone also having AD these few days?? I still have quite a lot of things to settle..especially the march-in songs..really headache..

any recommendations..

stay

morning gals!
jo_vin: yah, agree that when stressed, really cannot eat coz wun even feel hungry. but like wat jolene said, its to cushion the alcohol effect so die die oso must eat. for u, since u already know u are gg to drink alot, if u really cannot eat that day, just force a cube of butter down ur throat ba. sounds gross but better than getting drunk rite? for me, im not gg to drink at all coz i look very ugly with a red face after a few sips.
okie, i shall mingle with the guests too! i totally agree with wat u said, tts why i posed the question in the forum coz i hardly see brides mingling but think its nice to, but of coz, if no time for makeup or not ready yet then bo pian lar... hope my MIL is ok with me doing that!
my bird's nest supply is from Hock Hua, its the concentrate so i take 2 teaspoons everyday. been taking since june. tense up ex intake started since aug. dun feel much difference leh... maybe i expected more ba.
u must tell ur hubby that he cannot do too much cardio okie,else will really become even skinnier! must do more weights, less cardio. my HTB super onz, take those weight gain milk from GNC each time after gym. and the trick is to eat only after an hr after gym to put on more weight. for u gals out there, rem to eat within an hr after gym.

stay

hi Starry, im also having headache on march-in songs! tried surfing last nite but there are just too many to choose from! i was told need to have a song with impact. its a headache!!! good luck to ur AD preps!!! if possible, leave all that isnt done to ur jiemei the day before! u shd be stressful n relaxed!

cassie02

Hi ladies

Does anyone has lobang for corsages? Tot of making my own but can't seem to find the materials needed here. Tried Lovely Lacey but her Dec intake already closed...

Jol - mind sharing what u mean by waiting list and reserve list mah? I'm having a big headache over my guest list...

jolene428

morning gals!! Yaya! i think Jane must have finished most of her ceremony by now coz she is an early bird bride oso rite? I still feel the excitement now when talking to u all!!! Heehee!!! Ohhhhhhhh Lost's AD is tmr hor!!! So exciting!!! Anyone on Sunday???

oHHHH i forgot to ans the qns on the reception!!! Yes yes! I went to mingle oso! I feel the same too, at dinner we dont have time to tok to our guests so must be there at least to hug and shake hands with frens who came all the way for the wedding mah.. esp mine coz at Rasa lor!!! And when u see ur frens, u gona be less nervous for the march in oso ^^ kekeke...

but i mingle only after my rehearsal :p heehee.. we run thr the march in twice only and then after tt we ran off to mingle with guests... kekeke felt so much better and less stress when i see all my frens!!! it helps k!!!

ohh ya, i thk if can hor, try to rehearsal ur march in 1-2 times.. even though its jz a simple march in.. run it thr... at least once.. including the cut cake, pour champagne... u will feel so much less nervous coz u run it thr already
happy.gif
So when the real march in comes, it's ur show ^^

jolene428

jo_vin: yaya, i knw sure wont even feel hungry but then hor must really not leave ur tummy empty wor...esp when u are gg to drink alot!!! hahaha tt method for a cube of butter sounds familiar! my fren oso taught me that when i first started clubbing :p keke... and it works!!! but hor of coz use those nice nice butter lah
happy.gif
heehee... or u can eat roast peanuts oso coz they got the natural oil
happy.gif
it works!!!

stay

yaya! think rehearsal very impt. i was telling my fren that i was crying as i wrote my thank-you speech. then my fren said i shd rehearse it over n over again so that actual day will be ok. heehee!!

jolene428

jo_vin: put beneath the bed coz they gg to stay there till you 'lost' thm.. get wat i mean? Some ji2 li4 phrases are:
- bai nian hao he
- yong jie tong xin
- bai tou xie lao
- zao shen gui zi

so u jus say 1 phrase when u put 1 da yuan xiao yuan packet beneath the bed.

its v simple de
happy.gif
The shop taught me!!

haha... not advertise lah.. for me, as long as i thk is good service i will reco one lor ^^ wooo i thk i heard of the tg pgj one lehh but duno where is it.. keke coz abit far to me :p next time we can go tog lah ^^

how come gers must eat within an hr?? some said cannot eat at all after gym wor..

ehhhh the weight gain one hor, must be careful.. not to be cold blanket but i have a fren, who ate alot of tt.. and he did become v strong and BIG... then suddenly it lost control and become TOO BIG like The Hulk... and once he stopped eating... he ermmmmm.... still VERY BIG but muscles all become FATs... he is like 100kg now lor.. very scary.. my HB got a fren oso v skinny wana try but once we told him the story he oso scared... so hor... tis type of thg cannot overeat...and cannot stop gg to gym if nt the side effects is scary...

actually can go the natural way. I used to hv a uni fren, who ate full cream yoghurt and eggs everyday to gain high protein before he trained them into muscles...but at least he looks okay to me...just nice... nt TOO big...

just my experience lah ^^ But hor, i thk for short term is okay de ^^ Hee...

vivaliciousviv

<font color="119911">~~green</font>
<font color="0000ff">hmmm....brazilian wax is kinda scray initially for me when i was i think 23....my 1st time was w strip....it was pain esp at the "triangle" area, the rest are fairly ok...after regular monthly treatments, the pain start to lessen and more or less the hair there gets less stubborn and ok...occasional they may tweeze out the stubborn ones, tts ok also...i do it for hygiene and feel kinda clean dwn there...and maybe also to spice up the night life?? haaaa</font>

jolene428

wahhhhh u cried when u write ur thank u speech!!!!!!! i thk u must rehearse many times to get the feeling over!!!

tell u all hor, during tea ceremony, most likely ur mothers will cry in tears of happiness... my mum did lor!!! and we used to hate each other so much. But she cried still! at tt moment, i suddenly feel her love for me and tt she is really happy for me and she bu de me at the same time...i see her cry until i oso wana cry! AHHHH lucky i hold back my tears or else my makeup will be gone!! so must be prep for it! tt time i ROM oso like tt! My HB suddenly sang for me!!! And then i almost cried lor.. then my helper was waving crazily at the back and ask me dun cry! SO funi!!!lucky nobody see her mad waving :p

ehhh i guess we sure get emotional when we say or see thgs tt touches our heart but must remember not to cry and smerge ur makeup!!! i seen a fren smerge until v jialat!! eeks... must make sure all our photos are pretty pretty :p

jolene428

keke actually when u are on stage, most likely u wont read the thank u speech word for word... coz either too nervous or too touched...

me and my HB didnt write our thank you speech leh... we just say lor.. nothing beats natural expression of gratitude to our guests and frens who helped made our wedding possible
happy.gif

jolene428

hihi yvonne!!!!!! wooo... next wkend who else getting married other than yvonne? i m so confused so many brides with so many AD dates...

stay/starry: paiseh ahh..cant help v much with the march in songs reco.. coz i thk the march in songs are smthg v personal.. a song tt means smthg to both of u... not just a song.. keke...

for me, is rather simple coz i m singing in the 2nd march in and the song is Our song already... the first march in was chosen by my HB... i thk is So Close from the movie Enchanted,the song near the end of the movie where they danced waltz.. My HB felt tt song reflects our mood and also we are dancing waltz so just nice!!! I love tt song!!!

jo_vin: u dancing oso rite? wat song u using ah?

baobei123

hihi

actually I can recommend march in song.. like common ones like from this moment. prefect moment, andy lau - jie hun jin xing qu, valentine
&amp; destiny.

you all can find fr you tube and see if u like it...

luckiechako

Morning gals!!!

thanx for all the advices shared!!!

u gals got any recommendation for caterers on AD??? thinking of having a simple buffet for lunch.....

tonite nid to cfm wif my MIL bout the precedures of my GDL.... she told me to stay in the room when the GDL arrives &amp; to come out once they haf laid all the stuff.....

AS for my Dowry, MIL told me to bring over 3 days later..... tot of bringing it together after GDL.......

too many versions, dunno which is which???!!!

baobei123

hmm headache..

planning actual day schedule.. looking for songs (luckily juz manage to finish yesterday) emcee's speech prepared liao but cant find emcee. havent confirm table wif banquet. haven reherese to test out the music there... haven GDL and haven an chuan...

stay

hey jolene: who should do the an chuang? can my HTB n i do ourselves?
must eat within an hr coz that is when our methabolism rate is the highest. which is why my HTB refused to eat within an hr coz he dun want his food to burn so fast. and ure rite, must becareful abt those weight gainers so i made him promise me after wedding cannot drink anymore. but he is very well informed abt the dos and duns when it comes to drinking such things n the kind of exercise. he is very skinny by nature so now its just nice.
i kept telling myself die die oso cannot cry but i think its very hard to control lar, im a crybaby!! heehee!
its ok for not sharing the march in songs coz i do agree its very personal, tts why im gg to browse thru lots of songs until i find a very meaningful one! good thing i only have to worry abt 2 march in songs. the rest will be settled by the quartet.

stay

luckiechako (luckiechako): dun need to care abt the different versions, just listen to ur MIL will do. do everything she says and u'll b fine.
happy.gif

yvonne (baobei123): thanks for those songs! and u tried neo garden before? i was considering between this and YLS. any comments for these 2 caterers? im very concerned abt the quality of food.

baobei123

ya lor haven GDL... next tue .. the si fu give me the date for GDL and an chuan very close to my wedding .

GDL - 11/11 and an chuan 15/11 and wedding is 16/11

y butterfly in tummy ?? kan cheong huh u mean.. is stress liao.. coming soon and my thing not done actually no butterfly in tummy shd be yi tu zi qi!!!!...

very KPO colleague... ask y me dye my hair to red.. obvious not not very bright la...

i tried some time ago.. i like the chocolate eclair... neo garden is actually quite recommended in the forum and my friend also book them b4 say gd.. but hor diff ppl diff taste leh.. like my hubby side not really think they r tumb up... so so only..

i sure miss the day chatting in this forum together wif u all on our wedding....
haha.. those haven add me in multiply can add.. keep in touch fr there... my ID is guayng