(2008) Brides of year 2008

sleepygal79

Hi TanLee, i am keen in the wine supplier. Both Wine Bos & Cornerstone are quoting me abt $17 -$18+ per bottle. Can PM me your contact?

xiaokai

yday went to attend jolene wedding.. a great success..
her march in is so special!!
wanna know? i let her share with u all when she log in

dodolet

pin, wah.. u gone to YKK also ah... They have lots of things there, but i feel some of them are abit out of shape.

I thinke YKK makes ring pillow also. Maybe u ask them to quote u on a simple design? Or u can sew 1 urself.. Pretty ez.

I got most of the stuff for my corsages from diaso, and ykk. Made 4 wrist corsages for gal JMs and one collar pin for the guy JM.

pinky81

xiaokai (xiaokai): How did Jolene march in? Share share?

TanLee (tanlee): Oh dear.. for Hakka traditions, raining means that the couple is a very stingy couple. Haha.. I rather listen to the good ones.

blanqq (blanqq): Why did they change the terms when the banquet contract has been stated in black and white? They are unreasonable!

sleepygal (sleepygal79): I did not have a typical hen party. It was a PJ party for me. As long as we enjoy the session, everything is fine with me. =)

lynnqi

Sleepygal: Have PM you the contact
happy.gif

Attached is my AD schedule, can use it as a guide. And its OK not to have a hen's party ah which is usually organised by Jiemei/gfs. can just meet up and go for a relaxing spa treatment or manicure session.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif
AD Schedule
AD_Schedule2.xls (34.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>

xiaokai: Hmmm. what did Jolene do. so curious.
Jolene Joelene where are you. we wanna know. hehee

pinky: haha i did joke about my hub being stingy. Heard of it in the past but didnt know that its hakka tradition eventhough i am one. OPpss... Ya and its later in the night his teochew friends told him its good.

euanterence

Tan Lee..Welcome back! Guess most of the brides here felt excited for u as u were our very first gal to walk dwn the aisle..hehe. U must have a very enjoyable and fun wedding!It is normal to be nervous, who wouldnt be? I think i be sweating away even before the march-in..lol
Hmmm,did ur hotel prepare food for ur husband and urself before the banquet? Else u be damn hungry.. Cheers to a new chapter in ur life!
Hey thanks for the advice..have tried using Adobe Elements 3.0 and saved it under the HDV quality but had to convert it to wmv which took me 45mins.. otherwise the quality is really good and clear.

ceo38

Hi TanLee, congrats once again.... Bet i will be more nervous than u ba..i very kan cheong spider one..

Jolene, i very curious leh, how u march in?
happy.gif

lynnqi

I am confused with the multiply nicks again. Is Jolene there?

bubu: Haha. but think my hub was more nervous than me. Can see the stressed look on his face and his walking speed was on turbo. haha

Yup, we had pre-dinner at 4.30. Hotel was to serve our banquet food after its over, but hub 'concused' so i told need not to.

Karen: haha i also a very kancheong person one, and one who doesnt like to smile. Just take a deep breathe, and remember to pace your steps and SMILE
happy.gif

rayrachel

green> actually i also reserved 3 Nov.. but since nobody could make it..
i stayed at home and watched the last episode of 7pm show instead.. hahaa...

all> hehe.. how's married life??? one by one we are all settled liaoz.. left for green.. hehe.
happy.gif

I'm beginning to like it.. hahaha..and life lately has been good.. less quarrels..and more loving.. hahaha..
happy.gif

jolene428

dear all!!!!!!

im back!!! so tired... my hotel coordinator was great!she have me the presidential suite and our checkout time was extended to 2pm!!! great view!!! huge room!!! we can even get everyone to makeup and do the hair in the dining and living room while we change in the bedroom!

haha..my march in ah :p
we danced in the first march in and sang in the second march in!!! :p only rehearse twice at the ballroom itself before the dinner starts! my HB really very creative
happy.gif
Love him lots for the simple but nice dance steps :D He
he was actually less nervous than me
happy.gif
coz he very used to crowd and he is a natural performer ^^ i really trust him that we can do it and we did it!!

the food was great and everythg was great ^^ I had my fairytale dream wedding come true!!!

i hope all ur weddings are great too!!!

hapimint

girls, I planning to do my GDL on sat...

Really major now lor... my mum invited her whole church cell group to celebrate this event...

BTW, any of u know about nappy hongbao? Any standard rate?

vivaliciousviv

~~fanny
yup, ur hubby is Jealous! the greeen Monster is coming outta him...my hubby also abit ....jealous when i invited my poly crush to my wedding....my poly crush gt once we sms ma, a few years back after we grad from poly saying tt he actually did liked me back then but din confess, i also tt time liked him but also too shy to say...LOL, my hubby read the sms n deleted it right away..LOL tt was then....

~~rach
<font color="aa00aa">married life....ermz...so far so gd...ok ba...but i do wish we have more time tgh....and more get aways!! i m aiming batam soon...i hope....i need massages!!</font>

~~strawclare
<font color="0000ff">added u in msn, nice chat wor... =D keepin my fingers crossed....
yup, i agreed we better be confident in ourselves...each n individual have their attraction to the opp sexes/same sexes....there bound to have some weird attraction out there and if we faced temptation, what will u do? haaa, love...trust, faith... tts the secret ingredient to make the r/s works! =D</font>

i juz watched American Pie 5, it's abt a high sch grad guy w his gf (2yrs) both virgins....then the guy had his dudes teasing him he's a PU**Y for being a virgin, gf is not ready for it yet....
then 1 day gf so called giv him a GUILT FREE pass for the weekend to allow bf to do watever he wanna do, he went to the wat NAKED MILE , another state high school and almost got laid....but he stopped the temptation and drove back to gf as he said" i m in love, i dont wanna have sex, i only want you..." owww....

jo_vin

Congrats Ergina! 3kg to lose in a week sounds not easy!!

Sleepygal, u're most welcome! Glad its of use to u!

TanLee, haha.. u so cute! Why jump up n down? To minimize the excitement? I can imagine u doing that.. Haha.. Think i will remind my hubby to walk slower during march in also. Cos my gown is quite heavy n long.. Post pics of ur AD with us ya? We wanna c u marching in too!!

Blanqq, how could they do that? But i think its stated in the contract that its waived right? Can use that against them lor..

Xiaokai, share with us leh! So excited.. But i rem her saying she wil be singing right?

Jolene, u're back! Oh, so u danced in?? What song u used? I will also be dancing in. Hehe.. N i use the song by Lee Hom and Selina. Got take pics? Excited or not? Scared? I worried i wont be able to dance well and will forget the dance steps also le.. Haiz... Actually now alrdy forget liao. Was trying to dance alone the other day but i forgot the dance steps!! Jialat, must wait for hubby to come back then can refresh memory.. Stress ah....

Congrats to u for ur fairytale wedding come true!! U sound so happy. Hehe..

Gals, i've finally seen my final MTM gown! N im happy with it! Have also posted pics in my Multiply le.. Yeah..

monkie

hello mindy
nappy Ang pow is given by the groom's side to the bride's mother. the amount is just a small token of appreciation, no such thing as market rate. in my view is about $100 (minimum).

for GDL, i personally think there is nothing wrong that ur mum invite her friends over to witness the process. GDL is mainly for bride's side to announce to their friends and relatives that their daugther is getting married.

for my case, i take my GDL to invite my friends and relatives to restaurant and something like pre-wedding celebration.

ermmm

huh? nappy ang pow is from groom to bride? chalat.. my MIL again give wrong info, and we still need to follow.. sigh...

ee.. anyway, there are a lot of ang pow's to be given during GDL.. e.g. to MIL and FIL, groom's grandmother, SILs, for groom's bday... how much u all give huh?

leely

Eh.. I think my parents are also supposed to give nappy ang pow to my in-laws.. So Erlina, I think it's not wrong lah.. depends on family..

My mum said that the groom side don't need to give us nappy ang pow because they're already giving us 10 tables for the banquet.. After the banquet, my parents get to keep the ang pow money for those 10 tables..

I think GDL ang pow no market rate one bah.. Depends on how well-off each family is.. I leave it to my parents to decide how much they want to give..

summer_ice

oh, bride's parents need to give groom's parents nappy AP also? i only know my parents need to buy my HTB a ring, a son-in-law ring..

then there are APs for groom's 1st bday, cloth for the grandparents-in-law, parents-in-law, BIL &amp; SIL, and for the groom to buy a plot of land etc.. too many things to follow already.. my mum say she will bao one bigger AP, then list down all the things on the AP paper to represent all.. if not really too many already.. heehee

racht

can anyone share with me.. can we do without emcees, cake cutting, stage toasting, thank you speeches.. montage etc? even if it's not evening banquet but high tea buffet?

happi_bride

really he jealous? jealous of someone whom i did not even meet up? he just a fren who sms updates now and then...hmm.. maybe say easy. if a gal sms him or he sms a gal, even did not meet, but if sms how are you? etc etc, i think i also dont like it! perhaps i will ask him to change tel no too! but now for myself, i dont intend to change tel no cos i love this no, unless can find another no which i like. then he black face keep quiet. he ask me dont go n sms this person when he sms me. if he sms me, he say i just reply buzy, and ignore.. also can lar.. maybe listen to him if it makes him happy. to me, rather strange for us to do that to my guy fren. but say if got a gal also smsing with our hub, then we also dont like and ask him to stop doing that or reply her sms, right isnt it?

are u all with hr hubby every night after work? my hub always go for exercise after work from 8-10pm twice a week. but i dont like that exercise at all so never join in. so always by the time he is back is like 1145pm, i always wait until v sian, sometimes very angry, until i sleep first lor. imagine 2 nights a week. i always watch the scv all channels from taiwanese to hk shows until nothing to watch then get more n more angry.. is 2x a week really too much? he say if dont let him exercise he come fat again??! cos we both slimmed down 5kg+ for wedding. i only jog with him twice a week on other days he is not exercising.

strawclare> i think yr idea of hubby/ wife book is good!

xiaojan

thanks girls...i went spotlight on 2 occasions but still cannot get the white fur...they have fur in other colors though

monkie

the purpose of nappy ang pow is a token of appreciation from Groom's parents to bride's parents for washing her nappy..so call nappy ang pow lor. cos in olden days, washing nappy is consider very un-glamourous.

hi racht
i still think u need someone to do the announcement so that guest will know what is going on. can get hotel manager to do the job.

jolene428

wooo i think the rest must be busy preparing for their wedding.. who are the next brides for tis wk???

keke... yeah jo_vin, u will be happy with ur wedding too
happy.gif
dont be nervous!! have faith with ur HB and urself and all will be well!!! just look into his eyes and dance~!!!

ehh nt sure if anyone saw enchanted.. i used the song during the ballroom dancing..think its called 'so close'... really love the song... my HB chose it.. love it ^^

xiaokai: cant wait til ur wedding! need any help must ask me k!!! u so nice~!!! stayed with me in the morning during the gatecrash or else i sure faint of boredom sitting in the room alone!!! haha... so nice of u to come over the nite before to visit me oso!!! love ya!!!

sylmc

racht (racht) - sharing with you my own experience. my AD is 6 Dec.

No gate crashing. Morning tea ceremony only for parents. Relatives not invited. Solemnization late morning and follow by an outdoor buffet lunch.

Casual dress code. No emcee, no march in, no cake cutting, no champagne pouring. 3 yum sam cut to 1 yum sam. We will give thank you speech and do a montage to show our overseas PS. Tea ceremony for relatives towards the end of lunch.

Personally, wedding is own affair. why follow the norm? Be happy, celebrate it the way you want it to. Be prepared for unpleasant comments from relatives. I oredi kena it. Parents might nag but they will still support you at the end.

sylmc

forgot to add - me and HTB will be the emcee. I've been emcee in a no. of wedding so this will be a breeze. We are the star of the day! We want to be seen and to be heard!! And we chose to place our VIP tables right in the middle so our guests can surround us.

I have the following ang paos during my GDL last sat.
- Pin Jin
- Nappy AP for my mother from Groom's side.
- My HTB is Cantonese groom so my mum gives him an AP to buy pants. wallet and belt are optional. Pants in cantonese sounds like prosperity.
- my MIL is cantonese MIL and my mother prepare 1 AP for her to buy skirt
- my mother gave my HTB an AP to buy SIL ring. The ring will be given to groom during tea ceremony
- my mum also prepare APs for me to put into our new wardrobe. one AP for one compartment
- finally, AP to replace pig trotters cans

and the funny thing is, my future FIL prepares 2 APs together with the oranges. Said its token. I take lor. Din return heehee

Remember to give AP to helpers who came with the groom oh
happy.gif

jo_vin

Jolene, nice nice! I went to youtube and see the video! Hehe.. Did u dance like what it was in the movie? So romantic wor..

spoiltbrat, I'm also quite nervous le.. Mine is still 3 weeks more. Go for massage n spa n relax!!

hapimint

haha... I dun think its anything wrong for my mummy to invite her friends lar... just that I didnt expect to have so many lar... like such a major event... haha....

I thought just simple de mar

sleepydopeey

hi jolene,

yupz saw the movie enchanted, the dress that the princess wear is so beautiful, think you must have a good time dancing in. By the way can share what games that your jiemei used for the gatecrashing?..coz im racking my brains and will be miting up with my gals frens soon so tot of having some ideas from those brides that have done it =)

lost_in_space

jolene!! me me.. me this sat!!

super nervous and stressed.. haven't an chuang yet.. and now i'm still in office working ah... help me ah.. the never stop changing guest list is giving me headache... later after work then collect the wedding gowns home.. tomolo an chuang.. friday manicure..

u think 5k is enough to cover the banquet loss anot ah?

charma97

Hi Ladies,

I am back.. Have not been for quite a while..

Just had my GDL. Still settling some hiccups for my AD..

The worst of all, i cannot shed any fats off me...

racht

cynthia - agree with u, we do need a person to make the announcement for toasting n montage at least.. since both of us hv "stage phobia" doubt we can talk properly on stage unlike jol, a natural gifted host (^.^) when is yr ad?

jol - my wedding timing n style is almost identical to yrs.. except my htb wishes to do without the tea ceremony for relatives too.. (=__=") btw, do u hv an ad schedule? can u share with me if u dun mind? (".")

monkie

hi racht
my AD was 23/12/07
i register myself in this thread cos I am helping my SIL prepare her wedding. but now, she is not staying with me so hard to help her also...she got to DIY liao..

kellyduffy

hihi.. me too just had my GDL yesterday.. still have the guest list and sitting arrangement to confirm by this week. catering haven book..

one of my jie mei told me she kanna have to work till sat 1pm.. cant be my sister for morning.. sigh..

will be taking leave from next tues onwards (AD is next SAT!)

racht

cynthia - u had a full day schedule for yr AD previously? hw was it like? do u hv any PS, AD photos that i can see? (^.^)

kellyduffy

hello rommie..

initially also plan to take from wed, but on 11th, gotta go rom to verifiy the documents for the marriage cert, so take one more day lo.. haha.

you having solemnisation on AD mah?

i will be back to work on 18th.. hee

ceo38

Hi Ladies, the atmosphere is getting real kan cheong here... the guest lists &amp; sitting arrangements r really headache lah... Hi Kelly, i also have a jie mei same like urs, cnt make it in the day
sad.gif
so turn off rite...sigh...my solemnisation is also on AD...and I am taking leave starting 18 Nov..my AD is 21... grrrrr....

lynnqi

No matter how tired/nervous you are, ladies must eat your pre-dinner. In the end, hub and I only had a bite so that the photographer can take a pic. Then we are whisked off to change our clothes, and then after 2nd march-in, we were busy taking photos.

Lost: safer to prepare more. The average is 8k to 10k. But depends on the dinner place. no. of tables and guests. Most will give $80 angbao.

jo_vin: ya. jumping cos excited yet nervous. My train was pretty long too, had to hold abit up at the front or i will step on the skirt.

kellyduffy

hi Karen, ya.. i know she tried to push away le.. but her colleagues not helping so no choice.. dun want to affect her work also..

Lost: take a deep breath.. after collecting the gowns, time will pass very fast liao..
happy.gif

TanLee: ya.. think will be too nervous and excited to think about eating.. haha.. you only eat one dish ah?

sockie

Hi all,

I have 1 carton (12 bottles) of wines (CORNERSTONE Classic French Red 2007). Willing to let go for the 1 carton (12 bottles) at a discount at $204 only ($17 per bottle), but have to self collect. Please contact me at [email protected] if you are keen.

sockie

Hi all,

I have 1 carton (12 bottles) of wines (CORNERSTONE Classic French Red 2007). Willing to let go for the 1 carton (12 bottles) at a discount at $204 only ($17 per bottle), but have to self collect. Please contact me at [email protected] if you are keen