(2008) Brides of year 2008

lilacbliss07

selena and jo_vin.. wow u all give so much ar?? haha i only give $20 during my ROM.. it's just to cover their transport ma.. their service is voluntary.. keke... $20 more than enuff le.. and i still give him the complimentary parking coupon.. hehehe...

kellyduffy

hmm.. i also dunno how much to give to JP.. need to ask my HTB liao.. Do you gals think we also need to give red packet to MUA, PG and VG on AD? just token "yi shi yi shi"?

kellyduffy

jovin: hehe.. i haven heard of it though.. would you htb be unhappy? I think mine would, if i have guys going with me out on Hen's night.. hahaha

lilacbliss07

jo_vin.. ya hens nite is only for gals le.. bt if guys come along also can le.. coz it's the last time to mix with the guys.. next time no time to meet them already.. keke...

kelly.. no le i nv give ang bao.. coz they earn alot from me le.. LOL...

jolene428

ehh.. i thk JP has full time job one lor or a retiree high ranking personnel.. so dont need give so much lah :p haha..

3 more days to go ^^

tanlee and fruittea nervous mah? who else wedding on 1nov ahh..i forgot...

hehe, i did the corsages myself liao..will post it soon :D

earthsea

Hey girls, haven't been here in a while. Want to ask, is it the norm to present a set of gifts to parents at the wedding dinner after the speech? My VG says it's a norm but I've never seen it done.

Mindy, you're giving your mom a pendant right? Anyone else giving gifts?

shirlin3

Xiaojan - I have distributed my cards to friends. Cards for relatives will be after GDL.

Earthsea - I am not. Are we supposed to?

dodolet

Well I am giving my dad and mom gifts, so is my bf. For many of the weddings i attended, they gave things to their parents, including my sister and cousins and close friends.

But then, my parents are not taking much things from us except for a "token" sum of 88 (i think and based on my sis wedding) for tradition purpose. So it is like giving them something back in appreciation.

uk_fung

Hello everybody! I am back from Egypt hee hee fun and interesting trip
happy.gif

Congrats to EVERYONE we are all offically all Mrs!!! hee hee ....

keep in touch :p

pinky81

Karen Francise Tey (ceo38): Nah.. not to mention. definitely there will be some photos which you do not like. I do find most of the pictures very nice. The whole feel of the pictures are very modern and romantic.

pinky81

Jolene^^ (jolene428): Nervous ma? Nowadays I got such questions like this from pple around me. The thing is, I am too busy to think of nervousness. I just want to get things done and them free from my mind, especially when it comes to work.

jo_vin (jo_vin): With guys around, I believe it will be more fun! Especially they are your close friends.

Viva,

Sharing my 2 cents worth...

Please be more confident in yourself and have more trust in your hubby. Personally I see nothing wrong for a lady friend to confide in my bf about her problems. :p I will only mind if they flirt with each other. Remember she became an “EX” for some reasons hehe! (Meaning there are reasons why they couldn’t work out in their relationship). You are the PRESENT and she is the HISTORY
happy.gif

Temptations are actually everywhere haha. Well if a guy wants to cheat, he doesn’t have to look up his ex gf, there are so many other girls around.

It’s good to go for a short break, gal!

jolene428

lol.. yeah pinky81, so nervous..got thgs undone yet
sad.gif
and still dun have minus one for my 2nd march in...

nervous .. haha one day left to prep... sat will An Chuan for my HB then go mani and pedi and then head hm liao
arghhhhhhhh

pinky81

Jolene^^ (jolene428): What is "minus one" for 2nd march in?

Your An Chuang so late? I am thinking of doing a week before.

Where will you be going for mani and pedi? i am still thinking if I should have nail art/designs for my nails for just french manicure will do.

vivaliciousviv

~~green (green_tranquility) & Happiness&BLiss
<font color="aa00aa">I truly appreciate your replies and stuff...

yup, i agree that maybe i somehow felt insecure outta the blue, or depression is drowning me as my menses pending....i always have faith and trust in him, n i even thot tt if he ever cheat on me, juz dun let me caught him...cuz it really depends in him, he wanna stray, wat can i do?? it's not tt i cant find another guy..? i dont totally depends on him for survival...LOL - SCREAM INDEPENDENT WOMEN-

Hmmm...we had talked thru' last night and he told me it was always her (ex) to call on him. seeing her in like pitiful state, her guy so ..2-timer, he cant jz say "SORRY, i cant adv" and bye...thus talked to her lo,nth is gg on btwn him n her lo..wat matters and most impt is me..blah blah....well...alright...i have to say i gotta have faith in this new r/s tt i need to build on and nurture...haa...i also dun understand y i became so...insecure...i hav always been the "bo chap" gf for all my r/s (past)...perhaps this kinda imply tt i m afraid to lose him??or sth else?? LOL - sun shines after the rain...i guess....

on my wedding day, i had invited one polymate - guy, tt we used to like each other but never confess and get tgh, my hubby was kinda uneasy to see him coming to our wedding, LOL....</font>

<font color="0000ff">yes...yes...i really need a BREAK....please give me more time to r&amp;r!!!</font>

sylmc

Sotonglet - I think you need a rest to recharge. cannot everyday and every weekend busy with only wedding. my AD about 5 weeks away and I told my HTB that we must finish all preparation by mid Nov so last 2 weeks we can shake leg ^0^ sorry neh. color pens still in my office. I will pass them to you next mon. sat GDL so these few nights busy running errands.

I was told that in the past, the bride will present her in-laws &amp; huband's siblings with gifts on the 2nd day of the marriage. And when the bride return to her maiden home on the 3rd day, the newly wed will bring gifts for family. This has evolved to presenting gifts during the wedding reception.

For me, I just buy towels for my in-laws and for my parents...still thinking *sheepish smile*

xiaojan - it is ok to give out invites b4 GDL but for relatives' side, distribute it after your GDL coz it will be accompanied by wedding cakes, pig trotters can etc

hapimint

We will present my own mother a pair a white gold diamond earring, my own dad a wallet (which I have yet to buy)

My in laws will be a jade n diamond pendant for mother and purple jade pendant for my father in law.

It would be a thank you gift to the parents for bringing us up...

But there are also couples who choose not to do this during the dinner... so its really up to the couple if they want to do it....

Hehehe... for me, its more of convenience to give the cards after GDL. cos my cards will probably only be ready next week mar.... then 8th will be just nice lor...Then start to slowly distribute the cards le...

I quite tired of the preparation... then with my renovation all at the same time... really tiring....

sylmc

time to hit the spa, girls! pamper yourself, go for a facial. sea salt scrub. body massage. Its good to take a day off a week and do anything but wedding preparation.

do you girls think it is ok to give watch? you know how older folks are when it comes to taboo gifts e.g. fan (my parents said fan in chinese sounds like 'separate ' but my HTB retorted and said fan is good coz 'kai zhi san ye'. Caught my parents tongue tied :D

dodolet

Jol, Err i finished my pillow liao..can see in my multiply. but i am thinking of selling the other 2 white 1.. how to make them more sellable ah.. ^^;

Anyway I am buying some gold stuffs for the parents and PIL. They usually will reject any gifts we give them.. but at this occasion, they will not reject.. so we tot this is a chance to give them something they will keep till they err.. u know..

Need to settle everything before this week ends.. or else my new project starts and i will have no time to sleep.. talk about doing anything... Still got like few hundreds cards to write for church and dinner... SIGH

jo_vin

Kelly, i will be giving ang bao to PG, VG and MUA. But not much. $18 each. Just yi si yi si lor..

Jane, i think i will get a couple of my good guy frens to go. Cos my fren say its not necessarily all gals la. She say just treat it as Joanna's nite then i'll feel better. Cos that nite is just for me ma. Hehe...

Jolene, cant wait to c ur corsages!

Pinky81, ya, i think i will be getting my guy frens to go. I think more fun also.. Hehe..

Minus one is just the music without vocals. I will be doing my An chuan 3 days b4 AD. N i think french manicure will be nice. But maybe just add abit of designs to maybe 1 or 2 nails. No need all.. Hehe...

xiaojan

thanks girls for your replies!

u girls have done so much things already...i have tonnes of things not done yet...me and hubby belong to the last min kind -___-

jolene428

haloooooooo!!!

i sick liao
sad.gif
down with sore throat and fever!!

how to sing???

anyway i posted the corsage pic liao ^^

yest managed to make the pens oso :D simple one lah.. use ribbon wrapped around the pens :p heehee...

selena

All the best for those who are getting married this weekend.
Enjoy your day and don't forget to come back and update us ya!
happy.gif

euanterence

So excited for u gals who are getting married this weekend and next week..
had just finished my hen's party and it was sorta the most "embarressing" yet memorable day. Wondered if anyone spotted a gal wearing pajamas and shower cap few days ago frm clarke quay to orchard road and made to do quite a number of activities such as singing in public, approaching guys and telling them they r cute and asking for their numbers and whole lots more.

summer_ice

wa, finish everything by mid nov! i doubt i will be able to do that, i tink until the very last day i will still be thinking wad else i have missed out and tying all the loose ends..

you girls having any hen night? im thinking of going for a relaxing spa treat or sthg else, coz i feel that clubbing will make me waste all my months of preparation for the big day.. alcohol is super dehydrating for the skin de... so i dowan to risk it..

eggs

hihi..
when to 'an chuang'...?
was told to be done 2 weeks b4 AD, so it means we have to zzz on the floor for 2 weeks..?
can it be done 1 week b4 AD?

jolene428

LOL
wow... solunds so fun!!!!! ur frens are soo creative!!!

haha i didnt have hens nite
happy.gif
heehee coz i dun wan imagine my groom having stag nite...

just seen the doc..still like many thgs undone..

esther_c

omg girls what overwhelming response to my question to ur GDL date!

it also means our wedding dates are getting real close.

my GDL seems significantly small compared with all of you gers!mine only 12 boxes of western cakes ,8 boxes of Hokkien sweets, std 2 red wines,12 oranges, rice candies(hokkien),12 canned pig trotters,diaper Angpow and Pin Jin

Hui Li:
2 bottles of sweet syrup in return for wines,a bunch of banana (hokkien),a pkt of red dates (hokkien), a red packet for in laws to buy shoes,a portion of bride price,6 canned of pig trotters, 6 oranges, 4 boxes of western cake, 4 boxes of Hokkien sweets and cakes,2 sets towels for in laws tied in red ribbon, 4 types of seafood (sea cucumber,fish maw,shark's fin &amp; scallops for cantonese MIL-optional only.

all simplified for practical reasons!

piglet17

Hey Sotonglet,

I prefer the enchantingkairos PG as well cuz he will be my AD PG. =P

And the 2nd ring pillow looks more attractive to me, mre feminie feel hehe!

dodolet

Piglet - Yeah, I have confirmed him liao.. so when is ur wedding??? ^^ ... He also happend to be one of my close work mate's poly friend.. so must be fated.. LOL \o/

I have made another one and everyone voted that as the best.. so I am using the 3rd piece.. it is pink with purplish lace.

summer_ice

wa, meimei, yours isnt simple compared to mine!

my HTB has to prepare 38 boxes of cakes, 2 packs of sesame candy, 2 packs of peanut candy, 2 bottles of martell, 8 cans of pig trotters, dragon pheonix candle, pin jin and 18 oranges.

on my side, we only prepare 8 oranges, 2 bottles of orange juice, table lamp, teapot set, dowry (jewellery) and table cloth only.. plus an angpow to my future grandparents-in-law, my FMIL, my HTB's bday angpow and one angpow for him to "buy land".

the diaper money my mum told us that it has to come on the AD and not on GDL day..

summer_ice

simplejer, when my 2nd sister had her GDL, it was also 5 days before her AD.. her hubby's side insisted coz they say that day is a 'ji ri'

so i tink it's ok de la.. anyway your relatives would have already known of your upcoming wedding, just that they will only receive the invites later..

as for frens, we can start sending out / giving the invites already ma.. we dun need to wait until after GDL then give all the cards de.. like what you going to do right?

somemore frens we need to do RSVP leh.. imagine 5 days before hand then you pass your invites to frens, you gonna have a very busy 4 days! heehee

piglet17

hehe... my wedding is in Dec.
He has taken a casual session for us. You can check out my Photos on his blog. =)

When is yr wedding?

dodolet

Mine also Dec, but end Dec... Err... Yours is under D &amp; M? I like MC's tongue in cheek style... He was teasing me saying he is waiting to take of me tripping on my gowns when I said "eh can take some "oops" of shots and I meant other pple... >.<

Anyway afew of us are also in Dec brides forums....

nelle

hi gals. My wedding's over. I am so glad.

The bad news is, my mum's in a critical condition in the hospital. We do not expect her to be with us much longer - maybe by end of next week. The fortunate thing is she did go through the tea ceremony on Sun before she collasped in the late afternoon.

So, the honeymoon's postpone to Feb next year. Everything else is put in hold.

Thanks in advance for all the well wishes and prayers. I will come in on and off. I'm fine, we have gone past the denial and extreme grief stage. I have to be in practical and decisive mode even if the heart hurts very badly.

piglet17

ooooo....mine is under T&amp;E... hehe duno who is D&amp;M.. So yr work mate is from TP? Heehehe!

Hi Nelle, sorry to hear that. Do take care of yourself as well and Congratulations to your marriage!

lsntyl

Nelle>your wedding went well? congrats on joining the Mrs club. Hugs. I'm sure your mom is happy to be able to make it through the tea ceremony. take care, ya?

jo_vin

Haha.. Yaya!! Congrats to those who are getting married 2mr!!! Wonder what they're doing now... Must be super bz.. Rem to come back n update us!! So excited!! It's Nov alrdy!! Ahhhhh!!!

bubu, ur hen's nite sound so fun!! Think mine will be the usual drinking n partying only..

Jolene, take good care ya? N rem to drink lots of water! Saw ur corsages! They're very pretty!!

Lost, TanLee n fruittea is the first!!

Gals, im so happy today.. My hubby specially ordered flowers and choco and sent to my office today.. All the way from Macau!! And attached a very very sweet msg. I posted in Multiply too. I feel so blessed!!! Kept smiling n smiling.. Think my colleagues may think im mad liao.. Hehe...

dodolet

Nelle!
Sad to hear about your mom's failing health...
Congrats that you have the whole wedding part behind you. At least your mom get to drink the tea you offered and given her blessings in ur marriage.