(2008) Brides of year 2008

xiaojan

blurz_ger...i juz emailed u abt the pine garden list
happy.gif

vernwyen

oh dear... i was scanning through the thread and saw comments that Carousel isnt nice... We're going there for company lunch (coz we have a muslim college). Sigh... Seems that only Royal Scotts and Hyatt has halal buffet but the spread for Hyatt is asian food, hence we chose Carousel
sad.gif

Sorry ah, wat thing need to sit separately?

sportyangel

meiling : wah .... ur getting married tom ... cant tahan d thrill ... hehehe
be preety jia yo jia yo

btw, when is d right time to do meni pedi ? 1 day before or 2 days before d AD ? is it okay if i do it 2 days before ?

lynnqi

jolene: i think i also wont be able to survive as a full time housewife. Will go crazy at home. Need to go out and walk walk.

jo_vin: ya lor. take package tour for SA to save all the trouble. Then for nails, see what the girl recommends, cos 1 of my fingernail and 1 of my toe nail broke off. Gheez

charma97

Ya lor. I also got alot of things want to do after my wedding.. 1st thing is to go shopping. Haahaa..

I also planned to go overseas once in a year. Do my monthly facial. Pamper myself with pedi and mani too.. etc..

Girls i can only email you tonite after 11pm okie?

lsntyl

wah, you gals are more excited than me wor. I'm just going for the free meal. :p Just told to dress smart casual and turn up at the hotel. Not big stars so don't think there'll be any makeup or wadever la

uk_fung

angelina: Yeah really good date on 18th! I think go any where also can see bride hahahaha good you are ready! so u can start to stay relax mode...

Have you been to Taiwan or china? maybe 6 day u go these place is nice
happy.gif
Japan also good but abit short unless u only go to tokyo

1day before is the best time to do .. coz usually the few days before wedding u still need to do some packing up and stuff.. might "damage" the nails if u keep doing packing stuff... 2 days before also can .. but u must be "tai tai" don't do so much things...

annabella: never been to korea always hear friend go with SA or ASA... so I guess those are the more popular one..

^MeiLinG5^: all the best.. and relax... dun think so much over the event... then enjoy fully when it happen
happy.gif
happy bride la

charma97

eelin, if u want to specially find matching one or the design hard to find, can try leaping lizard. but i find it abit steep.

For me, i went walk walk look look see see then found at DMK.

annabella

Hi Mrs chiew,
Thank you. Yup, SA very popular with korea and japan tour. But my friend told me Wingo not bad too, she went two yrs ago and the local guide told them wingo, SA and chan brother usually engage them and the wingo package is ~150-200 cheaper than the Big 2, so most likely going to book from Wingo.

Hi Angelina,
Do yr nails 1 day before.Collect yr gowns 2 days before and get yr things done beforehand. Just be a tai tai and do yr nails the day before.

eelin77

Thanks charma.
I think Leaping Lizard also abit steep.
Actually I'm finding it difficult to pick a show colour, cos my gown is a little pinkish. And most shoes are white or silver, which I think may look a bit odd le.

jolene428

ehhh.. eelin, ur pink got metallic shines or silver deco? if yes, silver shld be ok...

ehh i found mine at CK Tang.. ehhh aiyoh..keep forgetting to take photo..tonite i take and show u.. just normal shoes... bought at $60+ silver, coz my WG and EG got silver deco...

only thg i wonder if it will look weird with my KUA :p

tanlee: if we become houswife then we all can come out walk walk together... play mahjong.. hahaha....

charma97: me oso!!! facial must continue!! nw i doing once a fortnight!!! then later must change back to once a mth... keke and my massage! cant do without it nw :p heehee... oops...and must hit the gym again ^^

jo_vin: me the same oso lor.. always i plan the trips one... my HB always said ...lets go and expect us to be able to find lodging so easily.. aiyoh..we been lucky lor... cn find those RM60-80 motel at KL, went BKK can bunk in with a fren, then we did book the lodging before we go TW on roadtrip...thats why he said better to take package tour or else he expects me to go crazi planning the honeymoon alone since 17-28nov he got exams...my honeymoon on 3-11dec lor!

xiaokai

haha i mean sugarcane
so confirm liao la..
GDL.. 2 angpaw for my parent? i got 2 brother need to give? my mum say my ah kong must..? a.. and also pinjin.
AD is the nappy and the sugarcane angbo..
set!!

jolene428

ehh i nt sure teochew bride give groom wat. coz all prepared by my mother. All at my hse nw. keke u wan come over tmr nite to take a look since we stay next block nia :p but i will be takg pic and posting on Sat/Sun.

but i know groom must give teochew bride - pinjin, 1 angbao each for my brother, da sao and baby, 1 liu4 li3 angbao so that my mum can bao for grandmother, canned pork legs (if nv give the real cans must give angbao to represent).

sugarcane angbao?? and i nt sure nappy angbao is when give leh.. confused...

but the AD i giving my parents+brother+da sao+baby angbao.

jolene428

hehe i think i gg Rasa with my nite IC and HB to take a look and finalised thgs with my hotel coordinator liao ^^.

Pinky81: u seen ur Rasa coordinator?

providencia

I also haven't efile yet, going to do so tonight.
happy.gif
Only managed to confirm my JP last week.
happy.gif

MeiLing, xiaolongnu usu don't disappear, can live quite long, i think. hee hee. Is it really tmr? So fast, we are sending you off from the "singles" club, a bit sad leh.
happy.gif
Quick, go dose yourself with lots of vitamin C. You'll definitely recover in time and be a gorgeous bride. Next is Nelle, I supposed. After that?

Fiona, I getting from hotel, too lazy and busy to DIY.
happy.gif

rayrachel

viv> the filming is done at whichever place u are going to eat la..
happy.gif

U must have not watched the show before... check it out tonite 8pm on Channel 8.. then u will know liaoz..

there's no dress code.. just smart casual will do..
happy.gif

Wear what u want to be seen on TV la.. of coz the nicer the better.. but dun have to be formal la.. hehehe.
happy.gif

There's no audition de.. as long as she see ur application and is happy with ur face, think she'll call u loh.. u stil yet to send in application ah??? faster send..else no more liaoz..
hahah.. i dunno this thing is how many episodes wor... but Lunch, Dinner, High Tea, Breakfast buffets are over.... so... depending on what kind of food they going for.. maybe they'll go into themed buffets.. like Japanese, Thai, etc....

So... tonite is the 3rd episode.. next Thur is mine.. 4th episode.. i think YL's 5th episode...and they are still filming.. 2 weeks in advance... my fren went for High Tea at Regent this week.. and YL gg Merchant Court this sat... hehehe... each episode.. they show 3 buffets...
$10++
$20++
$30++

So each buffet they'll need about 8 people.. means each episode will require abt 24 people...
they'll do filming on 3 different days..at 3 different locations..

So they need alot of people.. i've already fwd to all my frens liaoz.. so if the mails get fwd to all the time.. more people will get a chance to go loh..
happy.gif

once she calls u.. she'll tell u where to go to eat... meet at the cafe direct..
happy.gif

Make up?? u dun wan to make up also can la... when i went for the breakfast episode.. some of the girls didnt even make up...

And hor.... besides Ann Kok, i'm the oldest lo... think breakfast buffet hard to find people.. only kids and people like me can make it.. so i think that episode quite boring.. hahahhaa..

Catch tonite's 8pm la.. channel 8.. Buffet Buffet!!
happy.gif

Tonite is Dim Sum Buffet i think...
happy.gif

spoiltbabe> the filming for Buffet Buffet need to sit separately.. coz we're not supposed to know one another la.. hahah.. so its eat alone... of coz during non filming.. when they are filming another person.. u can walk ard and talk to ur frens la... when its turn to film u then u sit down and look pretty lo.. hahahhaha....

>

jolene428

waahhh... my ex student volunteered to be my musician for my AD!!! so sweet of him! And a fren's brother volunteered to sing with the 'band'... sounds good wor... But maybe letting them perform at cocktail only... maybe check with HB first...

so nice of them...

lsntyl

Rach>wah, hi-tea at Regent sounds good. Means the buffet I'm going is the 20+ one, I guess. Good enough lah. anyway, just for fun. hope they'll let me eat in peace. :p

clare>your photos are great! You look so pretty. Your mom and sis too.
happy.gif

charma97

Woww Jolene, so nice of them..

my uncle also volunteered to sing, but my hubby abit unhappy.. he scared wait become like getai.. Lol

jo_vin

Jojo, wah! Ur AD Catering so exp. I think twice than normal catering. My buffet will also arrive at the same time as urs. About 11am. Hehe..

Yaya, i also din expect all those things to be so exp. My bedsheet cost me $200+, quite abt $100, pillows and bolsters $200+. Faintz..

How come urs not lasting de? Mine can last quite long even thou my nail bed very short. Maybe if u wan i can reco u my nail salon?

Yvonne, hehe.. will go n c ur photos when im free tonite! As for video montage song, i leave it to my VG to do. I think they got the experience n wont use very obiang songs ba... Hehe..

Lost, stil must give ang bao to PIL n SIL ah? Then must give how much per ang bao? Given by bride or bride's mum? Can dont give or not huh? Haha..

Charma97, so sweet of u to think that way for ur grandmother.. Im sure she'll b most glad!! Rem to update us when u really becoming a mother ya? Hehe..

jo_vin

Jolene, ya lor.. Can choose not to believe. Tats what me and my hubby did. Cos the timing given to us was super early. Then hubby say dont follow. Haiz.. Sometimes also dont utd him la. But nvm lor, we bai wu jing ji. Haha..

Ya, very true about feeling good on spending own money.. I also wouldn't want to rely entirely on my hubby if i wanna get something in future. Who knows, skali later we will quarrel about money issues right? So better spend own money sometimes. Hehe..

We have the same tinking! I also feel dont give the child too much stress when they're young. Adults grow up alrdy so stress. Tats the only time they can really enjoy themselves lor..

Ya, still need 9mths. But i think the most impt period is when im pregnant, i'll want him to be there for me.. I wouldnt want to risk getting pre natal depression.. Very scary. N some more i very dependant gal de..

Charma97, haha.. ya lor.. sometimes i also wish i can just stay home rot. Actually my ambition is to be tai tai! Wahaha!!

Jolene, play mj!! Jio me jio me!! Im mj freak lor!! Haha.. But i play small small only la. 3,6 /2. Just to pass time.. Hehe..

So nice! U got free live band.. Hehe..

Later gg to meet my JP to let him sign the consent form. So excited!! Leaving my office le. See u gals again!!

straylamb

wah yl... u all goin to be reviewers?? happening leh!
happy.gif

strawclare... saw ur AD photos... looks fun!! u look like ur mum leh... realli very alike! ur sis n bro look like ur dad...

next outin is 3 nov? i can't make it too
sad.gif
... u all enjoy...
plannin to go hm in dec... japan!
happy.gif

gingerbread_gal

meiling,
congrats!!! share with us your experience ya? and not forgetting photos too!

fiona,
will be using guest book provided by hotel
happy.gif

when are you collecting your photos?

sotong,
are you getting AD PG? dun stress ah...
what abt the previous PG u looked at? no good?
i prefer fotologue - his pics seemed softer than the other PG...what abt u?

jolene428

jo_vin: wahh u must see ur JP personally to sign consent form? Mine was via fax lor.. very chop chop one hahaha...

my HB said duno the small kids can play well or nt coz they 17-20yrs old nia.. haha then give them free meals and small angbao i thk they very happy le.. like exploiting small kids.. aiyohh... gg to discuss with HB see hw.

haha jo_vin, we can become tai tai together! go shopping, do small biz, play mahjong.. my dream life :p hehehe... i cannot play mj v well de lor..jst play for fun de la..:p

the angbao for PIL and SIL on the AD is small small only.. like $28-$38 can liao lah.. aiyoh...if not so much money to spend on :p

ur pillow and bedsheet so ex!!! alamak..i thk i v cheapskate.. my bed+wardrobe only $2K like tt. Then bedsheet buy at OG only $99 with comforter and pillow 2 for $38 at carrefore and bolster $15 only :p Actually duno must buy new pillow and bolster until my GIL said so.. keke.. End up wont use oso coz lie on his arm to slp and hug his leg like bolster mah :p hehe...save money :p

charma97: ur uncle very old one ah? last time i oso told my HB lets have KTV system for guests to sing lah coz our frens mostly KTV fanatics :p haha...but he said later the uncles and aunties go queue up then will become like getai :p hahaha...

u all ordering catering is for the bride's side ah :p Mine is order for groom's side... 8.30am must come liao....keke...coz i thk better let my mum choose her own caterer...

jolene428

jo_vin: i know wat u mean lor..i oso very dependent.. thk maybe ask him parents see wat they say :p if they said will take care of me when my HB busy then i have baby next yr :p hehe if nt i wait for 2 yrs LOLZ...

i thk if we get pregnant together will be so fun!!! :p can go shopping together :p then the thread becomes MTB (Mother to be) thread :p

lost_in_space

wah.. long thread again..

jolene.. i didn't buy pyjamas from AD.. bought them at the shop at level 3..
happy.gif
the nappy ang pow is to be given to ur mum after the groom enters ur house.. :D take pictures wor..

jovin.. is ok not to give one lah.. i also never give :p i ask them whether they want me to buy shoes.. they don't want.. then okie lor.. :p
jolene guess what.. my SIL expect 100 from us hor.. to buy their dress.. -.-" never give.. i also don't intend to give liao.. at 1st thought of giving 100.. but she said the amt machiam i die die have to give like tat.. not very happy abt it.. where got ppl states the angpow amt one..

hmm.. baby.. told my MIL i don't intend to have.. haha.. she complained to HB.. HB also don't want.. then MIL ask him like tat why we getting married? his answer - because I want to live and spend my life with her.. not because i want baby.. haha..

pinky81

jolene: I have seen my coordinator to get my wedding cards. But not for the flowers, the table colour theme, the number of tables, arrangement etc.

strawbsc

spoiltbabe : add u liao~

yl > thanks..lol..alot of touch up down lah...dats y~~

straylamb > yeapz..I look like mum..my sis look mre like dad abit...and my bro~~~look like none~~haha~~

babyjj

my ring pillow is the standard soo kee one.. tot of modifying it abit.. anyone good with DIY can give me some suggestions? also tinking of making an embossed car plate with our names, instead of the usual "Just Married".. duno what colours to make it in lei.. cant visualise how it'd look.. anyone done before or seen real nice plates?

jolene, amanda's pyjamas costs $18 or $19 each, its the silky pink and blue one... urs also that? if it is $12 much cheaper... i tink i'll only wear the pyjamas once... and keep them with the yuan intact ba..

i tink my GDL onli ang bao is pinjin.. dun have nappy ang bao... my FH teochew, im hainanese... bride side not preparing any ang baos lei... duno ILs will be expecting or not.. cham..

i tink i'll be using Diana Ross' When u tell me that you love me, for 1st march in... heard it before? tell me what u gals tink?

jolene, my mum called the hotel and asked to speak to the boss directly.. also spoke to the chef to explain so he doesn't misunderstand or in case my coordinator carry tales and spread untrue things... now change coordinator le... hopefully it gets better.. wa biang i really duno how she can be in the PR line when her attitude is so bad. i definitely dun tink we have been difficult and yet she can make things turn so bad.

ehh my tinking different abt staying at home... my dream is to b a tai-tai lei! i've been whining to FH but he say cannot stay at home shake leg...
sad.gif

i bought my wedding shoes from Heatwave.. Den paid $60 to change the heels and add 1 inch in height.. total cost less than $100.. eelin, my shoes' white and my EG is pink... i tink it's ok de.. not weird.. anyway pp wun see ur shoes at all i tink..

jo_vin yalo my extensions super disappointing.. For PS i spent $400+ lei, $100+ when i first did it 3 wks before PS to try try.. tot it'd last till then with 1 infill just before PS. But 1 nail broke off within 1 wk and had to re-do it for ard $40. By the 2nd wk all looking very ugly with the edges loose liao, when i wash hair all keep pulling/trapping my hair, got so irritated i went to remove them. another $50. then re-did it the day before PS, $100+ again. stupid... then after PS remove it $50 again. my extensions never lasted until it was time for infills.. where u did your extensions? can last how long and how much? yalo beddings very exp.. all the barang barang, covers and quilt cost $500-600. @.@

xiaokai

try NOVO for the wedding shoe, i brought mine at around $60.. yday i saw they have new design very nice and classic..
Buffet i booked delihub, my bro use them during his wedding early this year and got alot of good comment from relative, abit expensive but worth it

vivaliciousviv

~~rach
<font color="0000ff">ya, i haven mail in the appln as my man not keen, haiz...sianz. then i dUno ask who go w me...sianz...haaa..also scare the time slot she provide might b not ideaL....dUno le...haaa</font>

~~strawclare
<font color="aa00aa">gg to view ur pics soon...mine haven gt time to upload as lazy la, n file size quite big...haaa.....afew u can catch in either MUltipy or friendster:

multiply: crayonv
frnster: [email protected]

cheers
vivian</font>

eelin77

I saw a lovely pair of shoes at NOVO, but colour don't match my gown
sad.gif

haiz... maybe should not have gone for such an unusual colour. Now headache...

charma97

Jo vin: high 5!! My ambition is to be tai tai too.. I always telling my hubby the diff between the tai tai and housewife. Haahaa

I also like to play mj but always lack of 1 leg..

Jolene: My uncle not really old. about late 30s or early 40s. His hobby is singing.

Yeah if we pregnant together, can shopping and exchange pointers.. Shall we organise an gathering after all our weddings?

Jojo: you are same as me.. hubby teochew I hainanese.

Ladies, I had sent the song to you. Inform me if you had not received.

eelin77

charma,
received your song. thanks loads!

now I'm having 2nd thoughts about the march-in song I chose. Sounds great on my ipod, but if hotel's sound system not good, then the impact lost.

now gotta keep looking... no time liao!!!!