(2008) Brides of year 2008

vivaliciousviv

<font color="aa00aa">Guess what...i was working ystdy....then morning already felt back pain...then i start to walk like a hunch back....cuz back pain at the spine area...cant bend....then i went to see doc during Lunch...then doc said i sprained my back....damn!!
he gave me MC for 5th and 6th (today), in the end i had too many shit work from my mgr and i did all the stuff until knock off time...haiz...today MC rest full day lo, but i need to continue clear my stuff....</font>

<font color="0000ff">talk about getiin all sorts if illness...when i m abt 4days to go to my Actual Day!!</font>

sianz

leejeslyn

i changed my actual WG yest nite even though my AD is drawing near!

I had opt for OTR WG and had actually decide on my WG but...wen i went to the bridal yest nite wif my frd (my frd is having the same bridal shop wif me), i saw a gown and i fall in love wif it! Tried it on and it looks absolutely great on me! Even my frds commented it! I straight away told the lady boss tat i wanted to change! Hee

i feel im realli fickle-minded! Haha

vivaliciousviv

<font color="0000ff">my room is finally DONE!! but....</font>

<font size="+2">tml collecting Gowns!! =)</font>

<font color="ff0000">3 more days to Go....heeeee</font>

vernwyen

bubbly:
din heard of tat custom eh, but i know no one is to lie or sit on the bed after AC. And our room gotta be lighted throughout, the bedside lamps also gotta turn on. I din know tat so when i entered my fh room i scold him, "so waste electricity!" and off the light... opps! After tat he explained to me the light must be on -_-"

YL:
thanks, feel so much better now! I got back my voice liao
happy.gif
and my cough is gone. The Woods peppermint cough syrup is damn good.

viv:
wah, 3 more days to your AD eh, now can stand up straight?

nylek

hmmm how do i buy? Do you have ready stock? i'm hoping to get it by this week.

i'm not sure if i should get A or B... sometimes i wear 32B or 34A...

flora_bliss

Lost> We will only be inviting close frens and colleagues to our banquet. But still we don't expect to earn from it. In fact we have already factor in a "loss" of $3K for the banquet.

Fiona> Just saw your gown. It's lovely. Well worth the wait.

Getting more and more busy. My hotel co-ordinator called to remind to go down to select the wedding favours, invites and guest books. Gonna go for 2nd fitting and gown selection on next Sat. Then still on got the PS on 25 Sep. The fortunate thing is tat my house reno is finishing (by end of Sep).

happinessbliss

Viv < u take care ya... dun try to carry any heavy stuff...better take care... last time i also had a small sprain but i did not take care in the end, ended up tearing my back muscle, i was in pain for a couple of weeks and undergo physioteraphy for a few months... so take care of yr back dun play play hor... i sound like an old auntie now...hehehehe.... 3 days to yr AD, so excited for u....

Spoiltbabe < yrs also coming in a week time... u must be busy huh... do take care also ya... drink lotsa water....
happy.gif

pinky81

Fruittea (fruittea80): Same for mine... Those bulky items will bring over first on a different day.

Jovin, fruittea: I think know that we can buy each other different things! Hmm.. Then maybe dun get PJ le.. need to think hard what to get.

Dear all: Any recommendations for a make up artist who is good in make up for moms? I need to get one to do simple make up and hairstyle for my FMIL. Thanks!

vivaliciousviv

all Babes...

<font color="aa00aa">Fortunately, i can walk n stand straight...Kudos to the Plaster n med the Doc Given...ystdy i ate the med n gt really drowsy, thus slept like a log after...</font>

fruittea80

pinky81, would it be less costly if you get your MUA to also do it for your FMIL? I've arranged so for both my mum and FMIL, my MUA will bring along another assistant and she's charging me $65 per person. It includes their hairdo.

melodypg

thnaks gals, but my hotel dont allow to give me more car park coupons other than the 20%, additional must pay $3 per piece 9they have to pay the shopping mall). And i must tell her early, 1 week in advance how many extra I need. if didnt use up, cannot return also.
sad.gif

gals, can share what march in songs you using, real headache about this too..

happinessbliss

Viv < u really must take care... coming tuesday is yr AD already... must sleep well... I'm so excited to see yr beautful and blissful pics hor...
happy.gif

Haiz... I just drink bubble tea again... die la... just don't seem to be able to control my diet... i m just too greedy... and I always seem to be hungry lei... jiat lat..

mary_poppins

Meiling, as for those photos, I feel that your BS should give you the soft copies FOC. You already spent so much on the bridal package. My friend and her sister also used WL a few years back. When the sister got married, she also spent lots of money by topping up photos and buying back the gowns. Intially, they were very nice to my friend, thinking that she will also spend so much money like her sis. Later when my friend refused to spend any money to top up the photos as they think were not so fantastic, they started to give her not so good treatment. You did right by not "si po lian" with them. You can check with them nearer to the AD whether they are willing to give you the soft copies since you already spent so much money and you will recommend people to sign up with them since they are so nice and flexible... blah blah blah... Plan your strategy well. Don't pay for it since the money could be better spent on LV, Prada and Gucci.

nelle, can I confirm with you whether I can join in the gathering on a nearer date? Paiseh about this...

florabliss, loss of S$3k doesn't sound so bad. My mum wants 9 tables which costs more than S$7k. For the remaining more than 30 tables, we expect another S$5-8K of losses as most guests might think lunch is very cheap. In total, we expect more than S$10k of losses for the banquet lunch. Your hotel is early. I have only got the invites from my hotel and fixed the food tasting date. Nothing was mentioned about the selection of wedding favours.

Jac &amp; fionachua, your gowns really look great. Are you two going to buy back your gowns?

nec, I am looking forward to see your photos even before you take the PS. Seems like you have lots of creative ideas.

happinessbliss

Oh dear.. better see a doc... and take some Vit C... will clear yr flu faster...
I also kena insonmia for the pass few days... turn and toss till morning... luckily these 2 nites I still manage to grab some sleep... guess too tired liao.

flora_bliss

Mary> Maybe our estimated loss isn't tat much coz we only have max. 18 tables. My co-ordinator is a very capable lady. I guess she should be efficient as well. Will probably try to meet her on tue evening. Coz tmr got to go buy housing stuff again.

lsntyl

oh no, so many brides sick. Please rest well. Now is not a good time to fall sick.

Green>I just had my GDL today. FMIL bought the cakes from a shop in Towner Road. Not bad. Its the traditional slices of cakes with fresh cream on top. If you interested, can pass you the contact.

lsntyl

koyoyo>Just had my GDL. Super tiring. Took quite a few pix of the morning. Basically, FH came with some helpers to deliver the angbaos, pig's trotters, dried sea food, cakes and other stuff in the morning. Then my mom gave back some of the stuff and kept the rest. FH then had to rushed back for another function while I stayed at home to entertain the relatives who came over to 'view' the stuff, collect their cards and cakes. They only left around 3+.

lilacbliss07

Pinky81.. need to buy pyjamas for hubby for GDL? I tot only buy for ourselves.. haha...

Fruittea.. yeah need to do it on the day of GDL.. dats the purpose ma.. exchange of gifts... keke...

Yvonne.. u can go see the previous posts for our multiply id.. =D

gingerbread_gal

Mary poppins,
wow, sounds like you are forking out a lot of money for the banquet....mine is also lunch, i wonder if the AP money will be significantly lesser because of that....but we're inviting mostly close relatives and friends, so hoping that it will not be a case of 'just another wedding reception' to them.....
thanks! My EG is for keeps already...might be buying my WG back...

lsntyl, one more thing done for you!
happy.gif

I haven't even plan anything for GDL :p

mary_poppins

florabliss, good to get things out of your way asap given your hectic work schedule. But remember to relax at times and unwind a bit.

LSnTYL, sounds like GDL is a very tedious process. Is it common for relatives to come over to the BTB's place to collect the cakes and cards or for our parents to go to their places to distribute the cakes and cards?

Jac, if your relatives and friends are relatively well to do, I think not so bad. My parents will be keeping the angpows from our relatives, that is why we take the S$7k+ as sunk costs. I am also inviting close friends and colleagues only. Should be able to break even for them. We just get prepared for the worst case scenario even though my HTB hear most of his colleagues and friends that they had made money from their banquets while I heard the exact opposite.

lsntyl

Thanks, Jac and Mary Poppins. My AD is 13 days away so I've to get moving. :p Not sure if its the norm for relatives to gather at the home. Think depends on the parents. Felt quite bad as my parents spent a lot of time preparing enough food to feed everyone. But then was nice to see my father catch up with his siblings. I've heard the opposite where we have to go around to the relatives home to distribute the cakes and invites. This way, saves us most of the hassle of hunting down the relatives.
happy.gif

vivaliciousviv

<font color="0000ff">i m back rm JB w my gowns! my huge pimples on my face n chest area really irks me! i bought the 3M Nexcare acne patch to paste ah for abt 6hrs n miraculously the pus came out when i peel off the patch and less red n swollen!! =)
COOOL emergency for Zits!! Strongly recommend!!</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Packing my luggage liao....and oh ya...i had my menses THIS MORNING....thus.....AD i also b wearing Sanitary pads...My oh My....but fly to USA on 6 and 10-16hrs flight shall b lesser by then....hoho....haiz. cancelled my Brazillian Wax apptmt for TML (mon) and proceed to Medi n Pedi at 3pm....Morning need to buy some stuff liao n get ready to showcase on AD.....Boobs seems "bigger" haa..but tummy... =(</font>

msclaire

I thought gdl was gonna be a relatively simple affair. Imagined that fh will come over with the stuff, while his parents would be at his place placing the bedsheets, etc. Looks like we need to do some more research...

pinky81

Jane Lim (lilacbliss07): Actually I duno leh.. Mom asked me to buy so I thought need. Anyway.. me and my HTB are thinking of doing without.

Fruittea (fruittea80): Hmm.. Why I have thought of that. Thanks! Ok..shall check with my MUA if she has anybody available on that day. Btw.. is your MUA doing your mom's make up at the hotel suite? It means that your parents have to reach the hotel early right? I just got to know from my HTB that bride's parents usually turn up very late for dinner due to 'face' factor. In that case... how to arrange the MUA?

happinessbliss

Viv < yr mense come now better then come during yr HM... look on the bright side ok?..
happy.gif
i doing my brazilian wax this coming thurs... scared wait mense come then cannot do...kekekkeek... my tummy also bulging cos of overeating.... don't seem to be able to control my diet... greedy me..

vivaliciousviv

<font color="0000ff">happiness&amp;Bliss</font>

<font color="aa00aa">haaa...ya true....hopefully tt day Boobies remain full as per now, haaaaa, as per wat my hubby comment la....then Tummy smaller lo..as my tea dress is Q fitting at the tummy area....</font>

<font color="ff0000">1 more day to Go....later gg ran errands and medi pedi n gg for sth practice...then...ahhh...BZBZBZBZ...</font>

<font color="119911">Wishing all have a Happy Wedding ahead !! =)</font>

~sblbee~

mary poppins,
yup true....until now we've not heard anything frm them though d PG who did dat shoot was supposed to contact my fh....but den oso gd cos it's a load off our finances n our mind as we dun intend to spend so much to buy back d albums or pics, guz they can sense our disinterest n decided not to contact us....but i'll still have to go down to WL cos i've yet to choose my evening WG for my 1st march-in :p

monkie

hi iciclediamond,
even my AD is over nearly a year ago, but i do missed the feeling of wearing gowns.. wish to re-take my wedding photoshoots again but the practical side of me is stoping me. :p a bit contradicting.
anyway, i kind of enjoy reading this thread because it reminds me of the days I was preparing for my wedding...

lsntyl

msclaire>at the heart of it, GDL is v simple. Its just FH coming over with the stuff to 'buy' us over. I don't know about the bedsheets part though. Think that is for an chuang. We are skipping that as we didn't get a new bed.

cutiephinphin

praisey/jac

I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the thread previously. But any ideas where to get the nice 'clothes' for doggies that can be used for weddings?

ermmm

Hi ladies, went to my BS yesterday to collect my gowns for PS.. eee.. getting a bit excited.. can't imagine myself doing much work these 2 days.. hahaha...

For those who are looking to own their gowns, there is another option.. hehe.. my BS is having a sale of gowns.. I asked my designer and they are going at mostly $500.. hehe.. very tempting sia.. I had my eye on 1 gown for the longest time, but HTB say i have a lot already and dun allow me to..
sad.gif

BTW, anyone taking Fancl now? anyone knows the diff between Fancl Tense Up Drink and Powder form? Someone just help me buy the powder from japan. hehe..

cfay

hi iciclediamond, when do you have the stocks for the silicone freebra? Also can i find out from you whether does anyone have a problem after buying this bra?

As i do have previously encounter some problem , i bought a freebra from Korean last month and when i came back it doesn't really fit nicely on me.. and that's my size, the smallest as i am very thin.
sad.gif

Not too sure if you can advise me.

fruittea80

pinky81, yes my mum and FMIL have to be at the hotel by 3.30pm as we're having our solemnisation at 5.30pm at the hotel on my AD. I guess I have less issue since they all have to be at the hotel early hehe...

It does help to save some hassle if your MUA can do it for them, except for having to 'queue'. Alternatively, if your HTB have sibilings/aunties to take care of the make-up arrangements for your FMIL, try arranging a make-over for her at a place nearby her house or hotel.

necrosis

morning ladies...

busy busy busy!!!

ah, GDL..... :p
too busy to think of that right now.
went to arab st to buy some lace (set me back $130!!) to "deal" with the less than pretty pink dress i've got (the one in multiply)
i think i know why the pink dress doesn't look good liao but looked nice when i bought it, it's cos i lost weight!!!
hooray! celebrate with buffet! :D
heehee...

then went to Avana to try gowns for mom and myself...(just for fun), tried that black lace one that's shown in their ad in one of the bridal mags...
WOW. that dress is GORGEOUS.
when i came out of the dressing rm, my mom went wow.
lol.
if you gals have $$$ to burn, i'd suggest that dress. it's gorgeous....a tad too low cut--shows too much bosom.
but the cutting and the shape is gorgeous!!!
makes me look AS IF i've a (almost) hour glass figure!!!
only $900+++.
any one wants to donate so i can look chio? :p

babyjj

hey gals, i put my digital layout pics on multiply already.. do gimme ur comments ya.. it's in the same album as my PS pics.. not all my multiply contacts have access to my PS album (coz some multiply contacts are my real-life frens and i'm not showing them my wedding pics yet), so if you're on my multiply list but cant see my PS album, drop me a private message kk..

vivaliciousviv

<font color="ff0000">haaa..</font>

<font color="0000ff">woke up early n need to run some errands....buy a fw stalks White roses as MUA may wanna add them to my hairdo tml morning...then hopefully can buy nice bed sheets n change my bedsheets....3pm apptmt w Medi n pedi...duno wanna try the wat acrylic Nails...frenz recommend, say will last longer...duno wat it is le...</font>

<font color="119911">gettin kinda jittery..i din prepare any speech as i will speaking in mandarin, hubby's english one...he alos din prepare, juz say wat u wanna say la...like winning an Oscar...thank all who came...LOL</font>

pinjie8275

Hi all

Have u gals book ur catering for ur AD?

Just to share with u a buffet caterer, Max's Cafe, located in Sunshine Plaza at Bencoolen, facing the main road toward Bras Basah.

I have used them several times le... For BBQ, house party and even my company event...

The best thing is they r very flexible... No fixed menu.. U just tell them wat u want or what is ur budget/pax and they will recommend accordingly.

Do try their pineapple rice and orange chicken chop... yum yum...

Interested can contact Mr Sim at 90225213. =)

gingerbread_gal

mary_poppins,
my mum didn't say anything about taking our Ang paos...so i guess she won't be taking any.... but as we intended to have only 12 tables, she told us that she can pay for 2 or 3 extra tables to invite more guests...we are still inclined to keep our guest number small. will see how when we have printed our invites..

cutiphinphin,
i read in some other thread that some bridal shops have clothes for doggies...sorry, not very sure as I don't intend to get clothes for my dogs...are you bringing your dog to FS?

praisey

cutie: can i sell mine to you? mine is 2 mini schanzuers, i have groom and bride, worn once. u can see them in my multiply site. id: codyliciousluv