(2008) Brides of year 2008

blurz_ger

Hihi,

I have arranged with iciclediamond to collect the gown on Thurs nite.
happy.gif
Fri and Sat I already have other appointments.

crown

Ladies,

For those who ballot for flats, can give me some advice?

When you receive the result of balloting, how long will they give you to go and select flats? Will it be immediately or?? Then if the couple is not in town, how?

I scare the letter will come during our honeymoon period and we¡¯re not around for 3 weeks.

~sblbee~

nelle,
i hate to paint on my own....it's a gd form of exercise n it's really gd when u see d completed house n realised dat u played a major part in d painting
happy.gif
jiayou n happy painting :p

lost,
u juz need to spend $75 at OG during d mth of sep to qualify to apply as member....i gotten my mum, myself n my cousin a card :p

fruittea80

I will be sending out email invites to my colleagues/friends 1.5 months before so that there will a bit more time for us to plan out the sitting arrangements after they've RSVP. Handing out the official invitation cards will be 3-4 weeks before as like what jo_vin mentioned, I intend to meet up with our different groups of friends to hand them the invites personally.

2 months from my AD...getting real excited and stress at the same time cos my house reno is less than 50% ready!

Not to worry jo_vin, I think you have done much of the preparations and now is to wait for your HTB to return. Meanwhile, can do more facial, pedicure/manicure and be mei mei on your AD. =)

praisey

am back..hows everyone.. posting my post wedding trip for sharing...

Around Town: USD 5 from airport to any hotel in town. If you have pre-arranged transport, pick up is free.

TUKTUK: Through travel forum recommendations, i have emailed this tuk tuk driver - SENG VANTHA. He had created a blog and email, and he checks twice a day. He gave a brief background of himself and best is that he serves as a guide to tell us the backgrounds of the temples before we step in. He cannot step in as he is not an official guide which cost USD 25 per day. 2 bottles of cold 330ml water per day and cold towels when we are out of temples. This is a darn luxury when the sun is scorching hot and you are sun burnt. Hey! The mineral water and cold towels is not offered from other tuktuk, Vantha is personalizing his services. We even went to his house for visit, to see the real local lives.

Tuk tuk driver webby address: http://angkorwattuktuk.wordpress.com/

For tuk tuk experience, sunglassess is a must. Super dusty and very hot compared to camry car that brings you around. And have guts, cos tuk tuk are perceived as more dangerous. I was very assured with my tuk tuk driver, cos his driving is safer than me, always giving hand signals. His cost is USD12+USD13+USD20 for 3 day tour, cost varies as the location distance differs, and rates are reasonable given that gasoline prices are increasing, and he is with you from morning to evening...like 8hrs standby!

Hotel Review: We booked the trip through ZUGI. And the Tara Angkor was a pleasant experience, as the hotel is only 1 yr+old, all ammenities are new and service staff is always so helpful. Room was upgraded when they knew we are only honeymoon, and even place rose petals on the bed. No free internet, wifi and business centre available, from USD3 per hour. Go to the town if you need, 50cents usd per hour. Webby: http://www.taraangkorhotel.com/

Restaurant Reviews:

Soup Dragon: At the corner of Pub Street, the 3-storey restaurant consist of vietnam-khmer food, and western of course. We went back twice for the deep fried spring rolls, don't try the prawn fondue aka steamboat cooked in vingear soup. Not suitable for the singapore palatte.

Red Piano: Tomb Raider is a let-down. Ingredients: Lime Juice + Gin Tonic. At USD 3.50, will not recommend. Unless the purpose of the visit is to see Angelina Jolie's year 2000 pic hang on the wall and which chair she put her butt on.

Banana Leaf: Opposite Soup Dragon, chill out for a drink and people watch. Try the sorbert, it comes with sparkles, quite 'choo pattern' one.

Dead Fish Tower: Rated as no. 1 restaurant by ang mo travel forum. Food so-so...they have live crocodiles to let customers feed. Inside is all higgledy piggledy with lots of different levels like a cool old warehouse feel. Maybe cheap beer la...

FCC: We didn't stay in this hotel due to budget. But insist to visit for lunch, ambience is great. Feels so colonial and service is fabulous too. Fish and chips can try, and all the juice shakes are nice. Webby: http://www.fcccambodia.com/angkor/

Blue Pumpkin: Semi closed for kitchen renovation. Great location for people watching. Expensive fruit juice at 2usd for 50ml of orange juice. Rip off....

Street Food: Fried mee mama at USD1, gutsy to try? Don't take ice cubes or shakes from street vendor, i saw them taking out the same ice to make drinks and chill the meat!

Restaurant around the temples: Cannot make it... we had beef loc lak and amok fish. Smelly and expensive. Around 4usd onwards and coconuts cost usd 2.

Beer Critic: We tried Bayon Beer, Angkr Beer, Beer Lao, Black Panther (means stout). Winner is Bayon beer!

TOD - Temple Over Dose: 3 days of visiting to Angkor wat, Angkor Thom, Bayon, Preah Khan, Neak Pean, Ta Som, Ta Prohm(the tomb raider movie shooting), Banteay Kdei, South Gate of ANgkor Thom, East Mebon, Pre Nup. Elephant Terrace, Terrace of the Leper King, Phimeanakas, Banteay Srei, Banteay Samre. And slowly, all start to look the same to me...no sunrise/sunset for us, super lazy. If you are going Banteay Srei, which is 37km from town, ask the driver to bring you to the Landmine Museum which is on the way, for 1usd to see the pictures of landmines victims and their stories. Buy some stuff to help the children and association.

MOD - Massage Over Dose: We went to a couple massage to try every day. Seeing Hands - Blind massuee for usd 5 per hour, Dr Feet - 6usd (sucks big time, they use a wooden stick to pok my feet, not the kneading types), Body Tune - 12usd for foot, 18usd for body (consider higher end), Korean massage near Tara Angkor - 5 usd.

Children: Bring lots lots lots of candies if you are not buying anything from them. They can really follow up till you leave the place. Every temples has the kiddo peddlers, they will absolutely melt your heart with their doe-eyes look and pleads. As much USD we have, we cannot possibly be buying from everyone. So candies will bring sparkles to their hard day work. We brought new pens and stationery too, which are gladly receive by them, to encourage and remind them to use in school.

Donations: Do consider donating your stuff to them (hotel) or directly to the children you see on the street, such as educational materials, hygiene stuff - toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, toys!!! Kids love toys, and you feel all worth it when they receive from you. Pre-warn: you have to lug over and maybe overweight during check in.

This is the hotel to drop off your donations alternatively: http://www.shintamani.com/community/index.php

To view lovely children pic, pls see my multiply site.
happy.gif

nelle

Was cutting the gold string for invitation cards during lunchtime.
Hahahah...my colleagues all help me to tie the knots. Finish very fast cos got 4 pairs of hands.

zephyrine

Hi Dor,

My MUA charges $80 for make-up and basic hair-do.. does not include the setting of hair..

but think you gotta check if she's still available...

she's called Joann, h/p:
9028-2999

ermmm

leely : when will you be going? we go together ok? I wanna see your gown.. ;) hehe.. i think we have similar taste.. Thur night,ok? BTW, the short gown I got is only $80..

cube_cube

crown, your letter will tel you which mth the selection will take place, and then you need to wait for hdb to send you the booklet with the flat details and your appt date n time.

If you have gotten a num within the no flats provided, you can go after your allocated appt date, but within the selection period,
eg: selection period (you have to find out from hdb) is from 1 sep to 30sep, and your appt is on 12sep and you cant make it, you can go down from 13sep to 30sep but not earlier.

If you are out of town, and you have a good ballot no. you can choose which units you want and authorise someone to go for the selection appt on your behalf. I tink the docs that comes with the booklet will inform you of what stuff you need to authorise another person to select for you.

Anywayz, the booklet will be sent abt 3-4weeks b4 your selection date. If you haven receive it on your AD, then you should b fine

nelle

I am sure that I will not paint the same house tll at least 5 years later... hahahaha...

ya, LSnTYL. I am fortunate to have good colleagues. They are very excited about my wedding too, even wanting to see the tea ceremony at my place!
It is very difficult to leave a workplace when you have good co-workers. Take alot thinking to turn down some offers my competitor companies offer me.

pinky81

Wah...lost, you are really fast! When is your actual day? I miight do it somewhere eailier.. SOmehow or rather,1.5 seem a bit too near to the wedding date to send invites. Need to back date again to find a suitable timing.

leely

Erlina> $80? Oh no.. I super regret not buying now..! Coz the initial estimation icic gave was $125 and I didn't want to spend so much on a short gown.. Turn out to be so much less... Sad..
sad.gif
.. Wonder if icic will have another spree... keke.. Okok, let's go collect our gown together on Thurs night..
happy.gif

happinessbliss

cham ar, its less then a month away and I am still not watching my diet... I am still pigging away... and lately I have been very into Steamboat and bubble tea.... Jiat lat....

jo_vin

Hi fruittea, ya, i think most of the impt stuffs are more or less settled for me. I have also sent out sms confirmation for my guest lists. Now waiting for my HTB to confirm his, then we can do abit of table arrangements.. No choice, i very kiasu cos HTB not here also. Must be prepared for any hiccups. Haha..

ahnetsan

haha me also not dieting.... cham too.

wow dor, where u going for ur hen's night? i dun have hen's night leh.... did u arrange or ur jms arrange one? den who's gg to pay for the expenses?

happi_bride

my PIL wanted2 table for frens on top of the relatives table.. but cannot confirm who got come, just wan 2 tables??!! so funni..dunno who got come, think i better tell the hotel 2 reserve.. but hotel say can only 1 reserve, canot hv 2 reserve

euanterence

u gals are damn fast..i havent even "smell" the cards yet..lol
havent complete photoshoot, room furniture also havent gotten, wedding favours design havent do yet..teadress havent buy...am slacking big time man..=)

eveve

hey ladies,

just wondering is it the norm that shiongdis disperse after tea ceremony complete at groom's place?

i thought both jiemeis & shiongdis will return to bride's side for tea ceremony & lunch then go off to rest. But husband says he's going to tell his brothers dont nd go back to bride's place for lunch & tea ceremony.

trying to plan for the jiemeis to carpool with the shiongdis, but if he's going to ask shiongdis go home after that, then i got to make alternative transport arrangements for my jiemeis.....

sportyangel

my invitation will be done tomorrow from bras basah printing. im done halfway with my guest list, just waiting for my FH's list

just got news from Jakarta that my gown not ready yet ... n im planning to fly there this weekend, siao .... think must go there again on oct...walauwe

koyoyo

Wow Nelle,
Lucky you got 4 pairs of hands to help out.Nelle treat painting as another way of exercise to be a even slimmer you dun u really dun need it... consider it toning maintence!!! My big day is getting nearer and i got hiccup up everywhere. Sigh starting to take leave to do other stuff. praying hard then i can finish on time..
Sotonglet,
Haha i am cfm a bazhang dun believe we stand side by side lor.. just tt my bazhang like the real dumplin at one particular area.. trust m e i am confident i got bigger waist line den et tua!!!. Anyway bazhang or not i no longer afford to play spot.. now i hope i can do everything in time.. pray for me guys..
Providence away already.. i guess must wait till she came back to share w us new photos of her trip.. how the rest doing? Florabliss how ur gown doing??

gingerbread_gal

Nelle,
its good to hear that your colleagues helped you out and are excited for you
happy.gif

I rem the last time i painted my room...was so tired but it was good muscles toning time....and nothing beats the sense of satisfaction!

koyoyo,
what hiccups are you having?? Good luck to you!!

Meiling,
will you be getting additional pics for this 2nd round of PS? i mean free from your BS....

Oh, and i wanna check with you all - is it going to be weird having 2 guys as emcees?

straylamb

yo everyone... dun cry! must take care leh esp now crucial liao...
mi pimples all comin again... aiyo...

was lookin thro e listing waxie posted earlier...
next shd be viv (9sep rite? can't find u in the list),
then followed by soyabean (11sep)... am i rite?
happy.gif

pinky81

Hi sunny_piggy (sunny_piggy),

Thanks for your email! I just checked my email and read that you replied! Lazy to log in again.. Thanks anyway!

vivaliciousviv

all ladies...
<font color="0000ff"> gettin really jittery....and i did asked for extension of my Annual by another day..but cant, cuz short manpower...sianz..my room still like a warzone (too many stuff!!!) and i haven pack luggage.... AHHH..may i can finish stuff at work asap n leave early to continue packing....grrghhh...</font>

~~Ice (ice_cool)
<font color="ff0000">i did try to email to Order for the pens, abt 2weeks ago, but she replied NOT eunf time to finish the pens, thus....i love the designs, very Sweet!! But i guess i will juz buy a few nice colours pens la... are they expensive?? </font>

~~Happiness&amp;Bliss (happinessbliss) and Ah Net (ahnetsan)
<font color="aa00aa">sama sama, when it was my elder bro's wedding, i was on a fierce diet and lost gd kilos!! now it's my wedding, i have been munching Donuts, Pizzaz (last week 2 times, this week once...up tO date..), KOI Bubble tea!! Shiroi Kobito....haaaa</font> i can feel my tummy abit bulging....Alamak....

happinessbliss

Viv &amp; Net < My tummy also bulging...kekeke... i lagi worse..I'm into steamboat and bubble tea nowadays....Can u imagine i eat steamboat 3 times last week.... and a cup of bubble tea almost everyday... jiat lat liao....
sad.gif

msclaire

wow gals, it took me so long to catch up wad i didnt get to read in the last 3 days(only)!

happy happy birthday Mei, nelle and jac! hope all your wedding preps go sui sui and you'll all be the most gorgeous brides!

outing? i prefer 26th.. on a secret mission before that...

Mei, not bad wor can be a model for your bs! your beautiful pics will be eternalised in those albums for so many to see!

nelle, i had bad memories of myself painting when i moved into my old house, n if i can help it, i'll never do it again. after all, i can hardly paint in a straight line, wasting effort only. can understand your pain totally!

keer13

Hi Leely &amp; Erlina - So excited.. Can I join u ladies too on thurs night.. I have also bought a short gown. Only costs me $45. Was very happy with the price. Btw, where are we meeting? And what time? Are you bringing your other half along?
happy.gif

vivaliciousviv

<font color="ff0000">LOL</font>

<font color="119911">some more my TIME of the Month is prolly on 10th-13th Sep, sometimes may come early...hopefully NOT on my AD, but might come when i m in USA! Haa, need to smuggle lots sanitary pads n pantyliner to USA liao...haaaa.

good thing for menses coming is - SWOLLEn n thus seems like i have bigger boobies...

bad thing - mess...mood swings...cravings for Chocolate n sweet stuff...</font>

~sblbee~

lp,
no prob, hope dat u got a wonderful makeup trial
happy.gif

jen jen,
i usually go to my stylist for hair treatment once a mth if i can afford it, heheheh....if not, i'll use my own hair mask bought frm salon...so far, no prob of hair dropping leh, mayb u wld like to go to a professional cos i oso got oily scalp but dry hair :p

melody,
yup yup, i had lotsa fun celebrating my bday...guz im treasuring my singlehood even more cos im frequently meeting up my frens for makan n ktv sessions etc....

porsche,
same here, i mass sms my invited guests (colleagues n frens) n den passed d invites to them....for frens, i'll only post to those who wants to attend....

mrs chiew,
i havent continue writing my invites yet...scary, must go n write tonite...cannot always go out n play these days le :p

angelina kusuma,
oh mine, so sad to hear dat ur gown is not ready yet, i hope to hear gd news frm u soon dat ur gown will b ready for ur viewing n collection d nxt time u post d msg
happy.gif

~sblbee~

nelle,
wah, lucky gal....i can only rely on 2 additional pair of hands frm my mum n my maid to help me wif my invites....luckily we all r fast workers so we managed to finish within a couple of hrs for my 200 cards :p

jac,
i duno....i dun think so, they havent got back to me cos i got tis feeling dat they r trying to get me to buy d pics n make into an album which smhow i dun feel comfy cos it's not sth dat i intended to do....see how 1st lor, sigh
sad.gif

oh, having 2 guy emcees will b lotsa fun, i think guys can b really funnie n witty n can liven up d mood cos they r not afriad to crack jokes....*no image to maintain*

msclaire,
thanks for ur bday wishes! i actually tot of getting back d softcopies frm them after i see how d photos turn out....luckily my PG went off for his PS so i quickly get out of my BS after selecting my WG n viewing my pics....at least it gives me some time to cool off cos i was so tempted to buy back some of d 120 pics....i was amazed dat i actually walked away frm d pics at dat moment, now im still in a dilemma :p

~sblbee~

msclaire,
wat secret mission on 26th? i actually had a secret mission but den my frens all advised me not to carry out cos it's not gd for both my fren n myself....so i gotta abandon my plans le :p

msclaire

it's fh's bd a few days before that and i booked a room in bintan to celebrate. its a surprise, so i have to kidnap him there somehow....hopefully nothing crops up to spoil my mission. was very glad i didn't choose thailand then.

uk_fung

Yar lor~~ No time to play one... >.< Almost everyday I go back home I try to dig out what I can do to make some progress... yesterday nite only manage to send email/sms to collect address... and so far only few replied... still got to wait... hee hee but ok la.. this time sending message to ask for address will serve as a reminder also hahaha :p... hope to send out the cards soon la... Mom side still got to wait for her to call her friends etc etc.. :S

Just sth to share, rem to remind and invite your relative on the Time to REACH your house for tea ceremony (rem to give them your home address) when you pass them the invitatino card.... So that They will not be late (at least reduce the chance) and also help u to gauge how many ppl food to order for the lunch
happy.gif
If they are late you just got to keep waiting... abit mafan (so do plan buffer time when you do the AD schedule)

yesterday also got do some montage I would say 70% done still got the last part to add in and fine tune the effect and songs :X when is it going to finish..... hahaha

koyoyo

Jac ,
I agree having guys only as emcees is perfectly alright. Like Meiling say sometime they can create a very pleasant feeling and liven up the whole dinner.. NO worries..

Hiccups well i guess it normal to bride ba... the GDL stuff not settle , my hb cant find a suit from my bs etc..

Meiling,
I think definitely the bs will get you to pay some.. since u already taken.. chose what you really like and put your bargaining power to use.. dont forget u are the shopping queen! I am sure you can work something out...Be happy u now have mei mei photos of u and bf in ethnic clothing.. Haha gers... help me out a bit... what secret mission are u gers talking abt???

rjwedding

hi praisey, welcome back!! saw ur post &amp; photos on ur multiply.. looks like u had a great trip.. so how's ur married life till now??

leely

My other half is at reservist so he won't be coming.. Keer, do join us! We're probably meeting at 7pm.. But err, Erlina, can let us know where to meet..? icic didn't reply my email ley..