(2008) Brides of year 2008

vernwyen

ahnet:
my colleague suggested me to eat gui ling gao, good to reduce the 'heatiness'. Think i gotta try tat liao, pimples and illness all come together...

my colleagues celebrated my hen's nite.. ahha! no striptease hunk, but it was fun and we laff till stomachs stitched
happy.gif
i shall upload the pics if there is time

~sblbee~

msclaire,
it's so sweet of u to think of such a wonderful bday surprise for ur fh...im sure he'll b v touched by ur gesture....do enjoy urself n hope dat both of u will have a romantic n wonderful celebration
happy.gif

koyoyo,
sigh....actually i dun intend to make any more albums le....d fact im upset is dat they didnt tell me clearly dat there's hidden agenda though i tot i was juz doing them a favour :p
den if im made to pay, den i shd b able to choose wat i wana wear but i was not given a choice....i saw d pics but den some of them didnt turned out well cos of my eyes (1 big 1 small cos not taped properly n my face swelled cos i drank too much d nite b4 when i went clubbing :p)
im in a dilemma if i shd even spend extra $ to buy back d softcopies of d pics :p

keer13

Hi Leely, my hubby also working.. Great.. Then, we can arrange as an all girls outing.. I will PM you my hpn no. via Multiply ya.. Please sms me back your no. so that we can arrange the meetup. Think Icic is really busy as she has so many things to co-ordinate.. Hee.. Give her some time.
happy.gif

blurz_ger

Hihi,
I have arranged with Icicle to collect the gown on Thurs. Can I join u gals and go together? I manage to get her address also.
happy.gif

gingerbread_gal

thanks for the feedback on having 2 male emcees...i thot it'll be alright too and jus wanna double check :p so kiasu of me....

Meiling,
i think if the pics are really really nice, and you love it, then maybe can buy those pics...perhaps another way to decide is to see if the pics are the timeless classic type...if yes, then can buy?? I agree with koyoyo...you are the shopping queen..sure you can get them to give you some good deal!

koyoyo,
so how r u going to get the suit for your FH?
hmmm, our families haven't met each other yet! much less about GDL :p

msclaire,
hope your plan goes well...yeah, thank goodness you didn't choose thailand as a destination...chaotic situation there...
when are you going bintan?

nelle

Jac, 2 emcees? I think it is great if both of them share the same sense of humor and thinking! By all means then.

msclaire, that's a good idea. Time away from all the planning is good for both of your minds. You and your FH deserve the time out.
*nod head on the painting* We tell ourselves we are not going to help paint other houses...atleast for the next 3 years...hahahaha...

Mei, sorry to hear that. I don't think you should spend $ to buy back the softcopies as some pics you don't like.

koyoyo, maybe by mentally going through the actual process helps to see what else is missing?
I may be wrong, sometimes, the old folks can think of things we left out!

lsntyl

Jac>2 male MCs sounds ok arh. Hope they have great chemistry.
happy.gif

Meiling>depends on how nice the photos are but maybe can save the $ bah. They should be giving you the photos instead since you are doing them a favour!

~sblbee~

jac,
hmmm....im still considering, cos though as much as i love d pics but im still sore dat they didnt tell me clearly dat tis is gona happen n wait for me to fall into their trap, if i had known earlier den i wldnt bother to help them
sad.gif

perhaps tis is oso d reason y i can walk away dat day n try to calm myself down...until now im still q amazed wif myself cos given my impulsive character, i wld have gotten d pics back n wldnt stop at dat :p

nelle,
i was thinking of chking out d prices nearer to d date of wedding or after my wedding n offer to pay them a token sum for all my pics back....in d meanwhile i see if they know how to "zuo ren" cos i dun wana "si po lian" wif them when my AD is not yet over....guz my coordinator can see my face turned black instantly so she suggested dat i come back nxt time :p

~sblbee~

lsntyl,
dat's y i think oso, perhaps i shd play for time n mayb after my wedding, i'll get a better deal, sigh....had tot wld b great to include a few of those pics in montage but den i think i better see how much damage my wedding gona cost me b4 i make another loss :p

lsntyl

Meiling>agreed. You gave them precious time n effort to help them. Least they should do is either give you some of the photos or give you a v good price for them. Shouldn't use this as excuse to get you to spend more...

eunice82

Hi

sorry to disturb, i am looking for a short gown as well. Wondering if you all can update me if there is another spree? How long does it takes to reach after you have placed the order?
how's the quality like and what about the sizes?
sorry to ask so many questions.

Will be glad to hear from you

Thanks

charma97

Hi ladies,

I am back.. been sick since last friday.. no energy to do anything..

Btw, i am starting to send sms and email invitation.. My friend commented that email is abit informal.. but i dun have their contact number.. and another one commented if i send email and sms, best is to do a personal call to follow up..

but i was thinking now send sms and email.. oct then send out invitation cards..

nelle

true, Mei, in case AD got some problems... Sigh.
See how lah. Maybe once you spend some time thinking how to handle this, you'll be able to reach a solution that's closest to what you want. Remember, you did not budget for this.

charma97

fruittea, if you want traditional kind..

GIN Thye Cake Maker at 423 Sembawang Road or Guan Hiang Confectionery at blk 20 lor 7 Toa Payoh

If want more modern one,
choz confectionery..

So far these few i heard gd comments

msclaire

They should give you at best price possible. Actually since you have bought quite a no of pics before, maybe u should think abt whether you need more pics before u purchase more. also, i know of couples who allowed the BS to take their albums as samples, were given a really good discount on their original albums. PS are so damn tiring I think you're really amazing to be able to go through anyone so soon for them. They should appreciate your efforts.

And i look forward to a good break too! Work has been CRAZY the whole of the last month!!

Nelle, your colleagues are really nice to help you. I think 50% of work satisfaction comes from good relations with colleagues. The same reason why i turned down my offers from competitors too!

Kokoyo, i'm not sure what secret mission Mei was intending to embark on, but I'm going for a getaway to bintan but keeping it from fh until that very day.

~sblbee~

lsntyl,
yah lor, dat's d reason im upset, smore i paid for my own fake eyelashes n ampoules on dat day....im still waiting for them to contact my fh n see wat kind of preposition they r coming up wif b4 we decide on wat we gona do :p

nelle,
im so worried abt d table loss than anything, seems like ppl r still giving d rate of AP many yrs back though d prices of d banquet r ever inreasing....
yup, in d meanwhile i try not to think abt it n try to control myself frm spending anymore unnecessary $ esp when im not getting any financial help....perhaps i shd apply for financial aid soon :p

msclaire,
yah lor, i alrdy spent $10K at my BS so dun wana spend so much....actually i dun need d pics but i was thinking of keeping some nice ones for memo's sake since i helped in taking d pics for them...im not expecting them to give me discounts cos my package is alrdy fully paid but i was hoping dat they'll give me some softcopies back :p

koyoyo,
actually wanted to go down n pass a wedding gift to my fellow BS fren who's getting married dat day but i was told dat it's better for me not to do so...

nelle

ya, Mei. People still think $100 is enuff for hotel. Actually only about $120 then can cover. For restaurant, some people give $60 only. Actually only $80 then can cover.

dodolet

nelle, my friends who got married this year was telling me they are still getting about 60% to 70% S$80 for hotel only. If you can get $100 it is already a bonus. Not to mention the no show gangs... When you add on these factors the potential lost can be pretty big.

That is why when we do our planning we calculate in terms of everyone giving at $80 and there is like 2 to 3 tables of no show, with number of tables at 30 (mine max 30 mah), then de discounts we got from the hotels. Then we have our potential risk amount. With this info, it made our decision of hotels ezier.

Of course obviously not i do the calculation 1 lah.. ^^

nelle

I think there will be very kiam people. If the same group is invited for the lunch and dinner, they will give very little (thinking it will cover the lunch they eat) and for dinner, you won't expect them to give big angpao. Cos they think they give you alot liao.

fionachua83

yaya agree ppl still pay the same amount at $80 at least. My hubby calcluate and thinking that we are taking 48 tables tat y we decide to hold at a restaurant at least either loss a little or no loss cos restaurant table not so exp. Mine is at $500+ per table.

~sblbee~

gals,
i agree wif all of u....most ppl will give $60-80 depending on how close u r to them or where u r holding ur banquet....d additional cost of buying wine n stuff is not even included :p
d nitemare will come when ppl always think dat d muslim n vegetarian table is cheaper than d normal table but it's not true....i think i got 1 muslim table n 1 vegeterian table, i doubt i can breakeven but was hoping dat i wont suffer a huge loss :p
i heard horrible stories dat muslim guests only give $20-30, wah sia if dat's d case i think i'll suffer 80% loss
sad.gif
my cousin's wife's malay colleague only wrapped $5 for their banquet at furama....wah sia machiam like d price of having a meal at hawker centre :p

necrosis

gosh, now ya gals are making me sweat, thinking of the banquet...!!!

ask you ladies ah, i know you gals are taiwan/taipei experts,
so i'll be going for a short trip in oct,
where to go, what to eat, what to see and what to buy?
;) know anywhere where they sell traditional chinese wedding stuff?

lsntyl

sotonglet>I'm impressed by how u choose your hotel! We just see which place we like and go with it. :p

msclaire>donno if its market rate, but a few years ago, I gave $50 for a church reception.

fionachua>wah, which restaurant are you holding your reception at? Mine is also at a restaurant but I need at least $80 per pax to cover cost.

Nec>how long are you planning to stay in Taiwan? Only in Taipei or you venturing out? Not sure where got sell traditional chinese wedding stuff but I'm sure its somewhere... maybe you can email the Taiwan Tourism place. They are v helpful.

ermmm

leely: I have replied to your email already.. ;)

keer, leely, blurz : May not be able to meet you girls leh.. Realised I have another appt tmr, will still go. Hopefully, we can cross-paths at icic's.. My HTB may be coming along also, so can't stay for long.. he may be a bit impatient whilst I will like to wow over the other gowns.. haha...

pinky_devil : Not sure will have another spree or not. For the 1st spree, we waited about 1 mth before we got our gowns (from closing date). As for sizes, it is MTM, you measure yourself and give them your measurements. Head over to icic's multiply site to see the gown she got in her bintan and seletar pictures.

fionachua83

Lsntyl, i holding at yishun lake garden rest located at OCC. B4 we book the place i actually wan to held my wedding at hotel cos more grand but hubby tell me like tat we wont be able to cover all our cost including BS package and ang pow and go honeymoon liao tat y i change my mind agree to book at restaurant so tat i can go shopping at Korea and dun need to fork out so much money.

lsntyl

fiona>ahh, that's not a bad place. I know another bride who had her wedding there and the photos look quite nice.
happy.gif
I actually wanted a cheaper menu at the restaurant but was overridden by PIL who insisted on a better menu.

dodolet

sigh.. i wanna resturant, but my parents made noise about transportation, location and dunno wat face else. So end up we have to do so much maths to try to contain cost.

Cost wise for BS, GDL,fotos, video,gifts, etc are controllable, so we plan more tightly for them so that they can stay within budget. But dinner and church and AD expendiature(fetching bride, helper angbaos, etc) are more fluid, so we did a rough estimation to make sure we are still okie.

nec, i got my taiwan trip info. I can pass to u ..

necrosis

yes yes, sotong, pls send me your taiwan info.

i know taipei have yum night mkts, where are they?
any particular taiwanese products i shld look out for?
lonely planet doenst give this kinda info, i think only pple who have been, then will know.
like skin food fr korea. :p

ermmm

keer, leely, blurz : I can't go tmr already. Will go on Sat Morning instead. Supposed to meet my PG to talk about our PS next week today, but he is sick. So need to meet him tmr. Otherwise a bit too late for PS.

lsntyl

fionachua>no reh, still need to hunt for shoes and cufflinks for FH, confirm guest list, confirm guest seating, etc etc. Lucky thing is our gowns and suits ok le. Went for CS fitting today and it looks so much better now. Now sent for final cleaning and ironing then I can collect it.

Nec>I've a WLMJ on Taiwan from one of the forums. Quite comprehensive. You want me to send to you?

nelle

I think I will turn into the infamous bridezilla when I am in the last 2 weeks of wedding! hahaha....

ok, here's the list for the meetup (a dinner perhaps?) on Fri 26 Sep:
1) fionachua
2) providencia
3) Meiling
4) nec
5) florabliss
6) Jac
7) nelle