(2008) Brides of year 2008

lsntyl

My FH is definitely a mummy's boy. But luckily he also has his mind. Although he respects his mom's opinion, he also tries to think from his and my perspective before making decisions. I just have to get used to him checking with his family on most major decisions. But then, that's part of the reason why I liked him in the beginning - he takes care of his family which means there is a higher chance he will take care of my family too. There are no perfect guys. The aspects you like about the guy at the beginning might turn into what irritates you at times. But main thing is he is the one I chose so I cannot grumble.

lsntyl

Anyway, back to the outing. List is now:

Place: Ms Clarity, Purvis Street.
Meetup @ Body Shop, Raffles City (just above from City Hall MRT at 7pm.
Current confirmed list: LSnTYL, rach , strawclare, neko, straylamb, spoiltbabe, waxie, soyabeans, ahnetsan, crown, ivy

strawclare going on own.

straylamb

anyone noe where to get fireworks and heart shaped rubber balloons filled with hydrogen (or izzit helium?? sorrie mi chemistry very bad!! =p ) thk normal balloons can buy from ntuc rite, but where to get if filled w e gas? wanna get a few as props for mi PS tis week...

for helium balloons, anywhere can get cheaper ones? saw a lot at the flower shop @ bugis, but quite expensive leh... bout $18.90 for the big ones...

pinjie8275

Hi nec, thanks thanks! I am thinking if I can get a pair of cheap and nice white boots, then probably I can wear a short white gowns for my PS too... (^_^)

providencia

nec, your holidays sounds more enviable, greece - such a beautiful place, will make a stop on my HM.
At least the rings are work in progress, all good things are worth the wait.
happy.gif

lara

Hi kittyng, i think most of the stuff r more or less done oredi.. i paid to tailor make dresses for my jiemeis so i wun be giving angpows to them, hb will give them the gatecrashing one den after the wedding i will give them a treats
happy.gif

how's ur prep?

cyc

girls, during ur PS did PG take pix of your nicely pedicured toes? i feel like saving some money and not do pedi... any advise?

PS this thu.. so excited!

necrosis

pin,
go to city plaza must bargain ah (nicely).
usually can drop the price by $20-30 one.

are you with venus too?
heard they have white boots there in case pple wanna use for PS.

simplyserene

qunqun... the term "control freak" was definitely not nice. That was very mean of your HB I feel.

My jie meis colour code is anything from yellow to light brown to matt gold. We decided on a colour that would fit easily for everyone.

necrosis

lsntyl,
language is not a problem right?
i guess the place so touristy, i'm sure more or less can make out some how. :p

we'll be staying for 6 nights in athens (FH has a conference to attend), then after that, we'll try to go to the islands ;)

prov,
holiday now cos later HM will be postponed for quite a while.
after my wedding, my besties wedding, then after that FH will be transferred to dunno where.
so HM will prob be like 6 mths after wedding...?
(so we faster faster take a little holiday first.)

lsntyl

Nec>Lang is no prob. A lot of them speak English. The timing is peak tourist season too so there should be lots of tourists around.

Wah, so nice. I wish my FH has conferences in exotic places like Athens too. :p Your FH might be posted overseas?

lsntyl

Fanny, you got use the correct dialing codes? The number I've for TnT is 07-2228862 which is the same number as yours. Worked the last time I got my JB fren to call them 2 weeks ago.

vernwyen

All:
sorry, cant join you all tonite. My flu isnt getting any better
sad.gif
sigh... next month if there is another gathering before our big day i'll join in again

lsntyl

have a good rest, spoiltbabe. BTW, I uploaded a map for PJ that I got from TDragon. You can see it at my multiply.

Place: Ms Clarity, Purvis Street.
Meetup @ Body Shop, Raffles City (just above from City Hall MRT at 7pm.
Current confirmed list: LSnTYL, rach , strawclare, neko, straylamb, waxie, soyabeans, ahnetsan, crown, ivy

strawclare going on own.

gingerbread_gal

Nec,
So nice...i wanna go europe too! but no time! My fren had her honeymoon in Greece and came back with lovely photos...your HTB attending a scientific conference?

Anyone has any recommendations for dance lessons?

happi_bride

i might be able to join u gals. we're going to walk there from cityhall?
i know why i cant get thru liao. anyway, confm they dont do hot stamping
sad.gif

lsntyl

Fanny>yes, we are walking there from cityhall. If you are going, can pm me your number? So we know how many brides will be meeting at City Hall.

necrosis

jac,
jjsalsarengue is where i learnt my salsa.
can try there.
tanjong pagar and in the evening, so not too rush fr our work place.
what sorta dance ya wanna learn?

lsntyl

Ohh, I learnt at jjsalsarengue too. But they have moved somewhere else. All the shops in Murray Terrace have closed. I heard from a friend that Jitterbugs is a better dance school though.

BTW, eClarity is having a sale. For those still looking for rings and stuff.
happy.gif

http://www.eclarity.com.sg/

annabella

Hi CYC,

For my case, no pictures of my mani and pedi at all.

It's up to yr photographer style and you. For some, maybe they'll specifically requested the photographer to take some pictures since alr do up their nails. I been through, given a second chance, I wouldn't want to spend money on pedi for PS. I would rather use it on my AD then, where all eyes will be on you.

dodolet

Cool. I also wanna get a boots for normal SG wear, but I wanna get those max 2" and broad front type. I used to get them overseas as they are bigger for wearing socks type. I wonder where got just boots ah.

I haven tot of where to go for HM and PS. So many things to think. I need a wedding planner to keep track of all the things man! -.-

Flora, you are not old ah, still young.. just sleep before 10pm loh if dun wanna have wrinkles ^^.

Oh, I was in KL for church camp, and I walked in a shop tat sold satin ribbons 1" wide type for 4RM. Dunno how long, but got at least 20Meters bah. Also bought some nice BIG AngBaos for my parents to use. I will take the pic and show you my buys when I have the time.

They were also selling gongfu panda, which we bought for our pastor, cos it looks like my pastor(yeah, we used my ribbons to make the white part of the collar too).

xenxen

hi gals,

My AD was over yesterday.. everytin went on v smoothly.. had a wonderful day
happy.gif
flying off tonite.. kip ur updated again
happy.gif

tay_weiwei

Mrs Chiew, where is the shop you brought your jewellery? Seems like you really got a good buy!

Anyone going shopping with your mother to buy clothes for them to wear on AD?

~sblbee~

cyc,
i think my PG didnt really take pic of my pedi...even mani oso not v clear :p
have a gd time at ur PS, have fun n have enuff rest, remember to smile n relax
happy.gif

i agree wif annabella cos no one notices ur mani n pedi during ur PS but it's different on ur AD
happy.gif

~sblbee~

providencia,
i was dead tired after d movie n d nxt day gotta attend a wedding dinner so consecutively 2 days was v tiring for me....but guz im relieved dat everything's over :p

nec,
wah....so lucky, u r always travelling, tis time is greece, so exotic, hope dat i got such opportunity to do so too :p hope u'll have a gd time there, remember d pics ok? havent been there...:p

happi_bride

guess i too late to pm LSnTYL my no
sad.gif
.... dunno hot to contact u all leh..

wonder hows the outing now.. must be good food, and good company....
sad.gif
tell me abt it when u'll r back.!

waxie24> did u opt for any cartoon with Focal? must pay additional $10 for each cartoon? how long they printed your cards. they told me they need 1 week to print my cards.

HiTech need 2 wks thou' and no extra charges for cartoon i heard.

I dunno how to write on my cards -
My card is a 2 fold, right flap open first then follow by left flap, so the middle page (centre page) print english words. in this case, my left page will be chinese wordings. cannot print on right page because its half a pc (half a pg) only. will it be weird to have left page in chinese and centre page in english?

like for those one fold card, when we open the left flap, do we see chinese words on the left page and english wordings on the right page?

my hubby quite lazy.. y all guys like this? eveyr time ask him how abt this, howabt that, he just watch tv nia! sianzz..

pls tell me / recommend abt those xibang cake shops, also the buffets.

i have a small family, so my side will only hv abt 20 headcount. some of the recommended buffet sounds like they need min 30 pax.. do u all hv this issue?

I've also selected my pics and can't wait to see the final album, which is due end June. I know it's early but at least I can something off my 'to-do' list.

Good luck to the rest of the Nov brides on your photoshoot! Weather's been great lately!

ahnetsan

hey gals, how was the gathering?

rach, did u receive my sms mah? i sent u 2x, but u never reply back... dunno you got receive or not... i sms u saying i cant meet up cos i need to run some errands...

hmm, seems that most of our guys are filial and almost all of us having problems with PILs. haiz... sianz.

hopefully i can get a better queue number for the punggol sapphire BTO. if the queue number is still 1000++, den im so sianz... hate the HDB.

wah crown, if i have to chauffeur the PILs, i think i will faint and die liao. me and fh bot a car a few mths ago, and i make it very clear to my fh that his father cannot drive our car. and if possible, our car is meant for us, not meant for chauffeuring ppl around. PILs have a lorry themselves, so i dun see the reason why the MIL always want us to drive her around. esp only to nearby area for her to play mahjong. i may seem very hard to get along, but i jus dun like the idea of having them in our car. sux lor. another reason why i dislike gg out with them is cos somehow or rather, either MIL or whoever will end up taking a lift from us and i dun like the idea at all.

worse is, there were a few occasions (those family gatherings again), where we bo bian got to drive MIL to the gathering, den she wanted to sit in the front, being the reason she fat mah, so easier for her to sit in front. sian lor, i immediately show my black black face, den my fh tel his mum to sit behind lah, front seat is only meant for me. den his mum LL lor, sit behind. and den dunno is purposely or wat, talk so loudly, i nearly become deaf.

fortune, stay strong and cheerful, your mum is great, can tell that you and her very close. im sure everything will turn out to be just fine for u and ur mum.
happy.gif

fanny, my fh also very lazy one. ask him to call the hotel coordinator, enquire abt the printing of cards, he always says later lah, still got ample time, why i so kan cheong...
sad.gif
now worse, the UEFA starts liao, den he glued to the tv liao. ask him to do facial mask and eye mask, dun wan to do also, every night watch football til so late, stil dun wan to take care of the skin. haiz... guys... headache sia.

earthsea

Yah, pin, city plaza has quite a few shops with white boots. Depends on what kind you like
happy.gif
but under $30 also have. The Charles and Keith boots are mostly brown and black leather. Far East will definitely have white boots- can be cheap too- stores like Mondo, Novo, having sale. So, you're going to wear white boots with short white WG, that's so fun!

Cynthia, wow, cannot beat JB prices of course :D You got 3 pairs for EG? Did you manage to wear them all?

Nec, about the shoes with smooth sole, I ask the salesgirl before. She said you are supposed to take them to the cobbler, or something like Mr Minit to put on the non-slip sole. Yah, but for winter, better don't get boots with stiletto heels.
happy.gif

Erlina, yah, the PS places quite far hor. I think I will ask the photographer to recommend lah based on the "feel" I want.

kitty_ng

Hi lara, u getting nervous? I jus increased my credit card limit and went for my final fitting. Collecting my gowns on wed
happy.gif
More or less done....left my chinese scripts.

Thias, congrats!!! Hav a sweet & romantic HM. See u when u are back
happy.gif

lsntyl

fanny>paiseh oreadi left office le. Next time just show up like jrgal did.
happy.gif

strawclare>wah, u so fast reach home?

Net>ya, rach got your sms.

fortune>gambatte. Hope you mom feels better soon.

jrgal

hi gals,
i enjoyed the meet up too=p sorry for the impromptu appearance..ha. will look forward to more gatherings wif u all..

LSnTYL,
i invite u as contact in multiply liao..pls add me=p

Hi strawclare,
tks for the nougats..hee..=p so sweet of u..

ahnetsan

fanny, i also have the headcount issue here. i think the lunch buffet at my side is only abt 20ppl, definitely less than 30, which most caterers set as the minimum number of ppl. sianz leh, like dat, i also dunno how to arrange for catering liao.

i remb rach recomm a caterer before, but i lost the contact liao...
sad.gif

btw, did u gals take any photos during the gathering jus nw? how i wish i cld meet u all... but gotta do errands for my boss... sianz... even if i rush there, it will be quite late liao.
sad.gif
sad sad

rayrachel

Ah Net> got.. i received.. but see no need to reply since u said u not coming.. so i saved it..
happy.gif

yeah... had a nice outing... Mmmm... next round....
Waxie'll be arrowed to do it okie? hehe...
happy.gif

We are sure u can do a great job!
happy.gif

Looking forward to one in July or August ba..
happy.gif

Jiayou!!
happy.gif

straylamb

u all soo fast bac? tot u all will b stayin till veri late so din join for e 2nd round... ;) i bit concuzz liao... somemore PS in 3 days time n now pimple outbreak!
sad.gif

thanks for the nougats, strawclare!
happy.gif

jrgal... forgot 2 mention... i like ur shirt! where did u get it?? lamb! thk i one of e oldest there hoh (year) =p

shybride

HI gals i am back from Greece!! just touched down this morning. As promised here's the photos of my CS. never let it be said shybride disappear from forum after her wedding :p
693554.jpg
693555.jpg

providencia

nec, same as me, HM will be postponed for abt 6 months, but i ok with it, gives me plenty of time to plan. Greece is such an exotic place for a conference, so irritating that our conferences are always held in Asia Pac.

MeiLing, u are like always so energetic
happy.gif
glad that the worst is over for you.

Shybride, welcome back, lovely dress, so looking forward to hearing all your experiences - wedding and honeymoon.
happy.gif

pinjie8275

Hi earthsea, initially I also thought of lot of new venues for my outdoor shoot. But now I have decided to leave it to my PG to recommend based on the concept and theme we want... cos sometimes layman's view of the venues are good but PG might not be able to capture good angles.

Seems like City Plaza is a good place to shop wor..