(2008) Brides of year 2008

~sblbee~

tinkybell,
dun worry...it's up again, u can go n chk
happy.gif

tinkybell

Hi Meiling, i am back from lunch... managed to log in now... Heng ah, thought they block it off... think i m indeed the gan jiong spider.. kekekeke...

btw, i just called my BS for the next round of fitting n my coordinator sounds kinda cold after the recent incident... and this is really affecting me...

necrosis

flora,
1c!!! *droooooool*

when is our outing? where?
this time i hope i can make it!! :D

all of you babes with photos of EG/WG/CS/MUA/etc remember to bring or post hor!!!

dodolet

Jac, I think hor for the location 60k too much esp when so much reno needed to be done. Can go check at the going price around tat area type of flats in hdb and re neg. I think the owner yi xiang tian kai.

nec, I just came back from missy and mama. The price range is from 300+ for long CS. The workmanship is nice, but hor they have limited material to choose from. I wanted a black lace on chilli red satin CS cannot find a lace I like inuff to part my money. Also Lucy, said my figure not suited for classical cut CS. T.T

oh oh oh... FH just massaged me the shop got this E VS2 0.56 diamond for 2.8k. Worth getting????

lexilicious

hey tinky
don't be upset by your coordinator.. After all, this is going to be your BIG day.. you deserve to keep trying until you find the right gown that you want.

It's not unreasonable to find that you don't like a lot of their gowns. Cheer up ok... if you want some "support".. we can all go cheong the BS :D see who can outbitch who... kekekekek... I doubt your coordinator can put on a funny face when confronted with so many of us ^

providencia

yeah yeah, i'll try to make it for the outing.
happy.gif

flora, 1 carat!! big big!!
sotonglet, what cut did she recommend for u? can get the diamond, price is reasonable, go and buy.
happy.gif

dodolet

flora, Wah... So nice 1C.

Who is going to be the org for 25 April ah? PLEASE choose a place that will not make us pig out 1 hor...Need to jian fei! ^^

Prov, she recommended me the open infront type or aline type.. Cos she was saying my hips and chest ratio too imbalanced.

Anyway I will be checking out the diamond place tomorrow.. will tell you gals if there are any nice items to get. ^^

gingerbread_gal

Yeah,
I try to make it for the outing too! It's gonna be on a Friday right??

Shybride,
yes, as of now, we can afford to wait. Ya, I'm predicting the market will go down some time soon....How much was your reno?

Flora,
I agree that $60k COV is way too high considering its in Woodlands and that the hse requires full reno. I'm actually thinking of not hiring a ID (when we get a hse) cos feel like doing the design myself then hire contractors to do it accordingly. So wondering if can save some $$ by not hiring ID...

Sotong, I think he really yi xiang tian kai...initially he thought he can get $490k but the valuation was too low and i heard from agent that he was very disappointed with the low valuation.

Wah, most of you seem to be getting CS? Which part of the wedding are you going to wear it for?

Sotong, by the way, I read somewhere that the cut of the diamond is the most impt of the C's. It determines the value of the diamond.

~sblbee~

tinkybell,
no worries...u r d paying customer n it's once in our lifetime, of cos u got d rite to ask for wat u want cos u want d best...dun care abt them, all they want is convenience...like wat lex said, if they dare to b funnie, call us...we'll go there n support u :p

shybride

sotong i agree with jac.. other than carat, the cut + clarity + colour all very important.. cos these 3 things determine how shiny the diamond is.. that's why brilliant rose & destinee diamonds are so much more expensive.

jac, my reno stands at $42k now.. excl furniture, doors, aircons.. : /

lexilicious

Yah lor tinky
Imagine if you go shopping and you want to buy a $1000 gown.. you notice their service is sure very fab one ma.. because we're paying a premium! In this case, what they are selling is their service, since we don't get to keep the gowns what.

Don't be upset by the silly woman la... Maybe she woke up late today, kenna scolding by boss so grumpy nia.

providencia

SotongLet, i wonder what the open infront type or the aline type CS look like. hmm..

Agree that cut is impt for diamonds as a well cut diamond can enhance the colour and hide inclusions. However the proportions is impt too, most of the round diamonds available these days have near perfect proportions. So go check out the diamond tmr, if u happy with it, then buy it lor.
happy.gif

~sblbee~

lurvz17,
i've alrdy pm u her contact but her spree is over, hopefully she has some excess bags to sell...which bags r u looking at?

jac,
dun!!!! i think u shd wait cos it's not a MUST BUY flat...i dun think u shd pay so much COV given d condition is of d flat...though it's convenient, u must think of how much more $ u gona invest for reno on top of d COV, usually d COV paid is non recoverable...so it's not worth it :p

nec,
my fren actually paid abt $400+ for her long CS...she got her own fabric frm china...gorgeous red wif sexy high silts....nice
happy.gif

providencia,
ok ok, i'll try to cut down on my bags...hehehe, hope i can...i alrdy bought more than 20 bags (small n big) tis yr :p

nelle,
i appoint u our long-term organiser for gatherings so everything will come to u to coordinate liao....thank u thank u :p i put it down on my calender le :p

flora bliss,
omg...i carat...wah, gona chop off ur fingers liao....so envy...i must protest to my fh too, i've wanting a 1 carat too but it's off his budget...my 3/4 carat alrdy cost him $7K :p

sotonglet,
wat style does she recommend? actually was thinking to drop by on gd fri but i think it wld b better to do so after my gown selection so dat i can better coordinate d colours n design, i was actually looking for an unconventional design esp at d bottom :p
i think d diamond is a gd buy...but must chk out d cut
happy.gif
at least a v gd cut ok?

jac,
try to make it for d gathering cos u missed it d other time le...den u can go tgr wif nec :p
oh i intend to buy d CS for tea ceremony or sending off guest, i havent decide when to wear cos i'll b lending 1 frm my BS :p

simplyserene

Hello all... Just got back from my trip to Melbourne. Thought it was nice autumn weather, but ended up stuck with one whole week of heatwave. Ugh! It's good to be back now
happy.gif

I should be having 18-20 tables. Most of my overseas guests won't be able to make so that's a little sad...

shybride

meiling i going taipei next mon to sat. then will spend sunday whole day reading the posts on this thread! haha.. :p

ok gals, just remember not to buy anything from la senza until 25 april!!

~sblbee~

shybride,
oh, i wana go on holiday too but cant...d weather now shd b cooling in taipei cos i went there during tis period a few yrs back
happy.gif
sure thing...we'll tell nelle to include la senza as one of our gathering itinery...1st stop shopping n den feasting :p

lost_in_space

meiling.. no lah.. I didn't want diamond.. :D i want gold~ bought our ring at 37 per gram, now 47 per gram :p hehe..

Shy.. i can't wait.. i will be going down to suntec to get nubra.. cos PS on 30 apr.. need one for the upcoming gown fit..

de_princess

I am also looking for strappy shoes for my WG and have also gone many shops but no nice ones so far.

Babyiguana can i know what is the price range for loeandbehold? Did you custom make? Thanks
happy.gif

R&J what program are u using for ur photo-montage? I am using this software for scrapbk making and it is so tedious...

dodolet

shybride, I am going taiwan too! but in may. I wonder can i get any nice clothes there.

Lost, wah.. really know how to save ur lao gong's money.... It is the only time i can ever get my FH to buy me any jewellery, so must must must get 1 diamond mah. LOL

Meiling, oh u can make an appointment with nicole the designer from mama and misse before going. Her number is 96425990. 32 New Market rd #02-1088

There is another place called golden scissor also selling tailor made CS. 32 New Market rd #02-1126

Both are at people's park market.

~sblbee~

sotonglet,
ok thanks for sharing! i'll save d contact...n i'll try to call her when i wana go down to d shop...duno how long it takes to make a CS cos i havent lose enuff weight yet
sad.gif

shybride

lost, i didn't wear the nubra for fitting at all.. hmm u think about it ba..

sotong, is it your 1st time to taiwan? it's my 3rd time :p you can get nice cheap clothes at wu fen pu.. it's a wholesale market but they also sell small quantities.. cheaper than the night markets. Bring umbrella & jacket.. cos it's quite rainy in may.. my 1st trip was in may.. rained & rained..

luvz17

meiling, contact received. thanks!! eh..i cnt rem the name, bt i saw it before. if i am not wrong the design was nt available sometime last dec. the staff cnt be sure if it is going to appear agn.

i know nothing abt diamond cut, cnt even rem the carat. so i cnt comment on that. our wedding bands was bought after we saw few places and few tries. we din actually compare coz we know nothing..hahah..maybe we have been cheated..in any case, i have been wearing it together with the proposal ring.

thanks, providencia.

shybride, who is your id/ contractor?

jac, the cov abit too high lei...mine oso need full reno bt dun nd to pay so much.. mine is 9th floor (highest is 13), corner. bt take note mine is hougang area. but walking distance to hougang mrt. think woodland more established area rite? either u pay lower cov or lok out for more choices.

is it a must to change to kua/ cs during send-off? tot commonly wear EG?

m

nelle

wahahah.... was away for meeting so many things liao.

ok, ok, those 'nubra-buyers' (incl. me) better meet shy earlier [note to Mei: only buy nubra, NOT buy anything else] Then can adjoin with the rest of the group at starbucks.

~sblbee~

luvz17,
no prob...oh d design no longer available le? perhaps u can consider getting it frm d forum sellers cos some of them r selling older models, i juz got myself 2 new design signature stripe n oso 1 small pouch frm d spree ard $900+ :p
no, it's not a must to change into a CS or kua but i wana do so...:p

shybride,
i like wu fen pu oso but i got lost there...hehe, i wana eat d xiao chi, i missed d yummy food :p

~sblbee~

nelle,
hehehe...aiyo, i promise dat i'll buy nubra only...i dun usually invest in d lingerie dept...or shall i say, not d time to invest yet...haha :p

shybride

meiling, hope u won't get tempted when i buy the lingerie!! cos i have vouchers to spend and my AD is coming soon!! hee hee
happy.gif

yep i wanna eat and eat! i also love the ma la huo guo!

lost_in_space

meiling.. i went down twice for fitting liao..
going down 2 more times b4 PS...

Shy.. my co-ordinator suggest to me to get nubra for the next fitting cos MTM wedding gown will be ready by then.. :D so excited~~~

jedilim

Jule, thanks, i can wait. AD on 26Jul, so anytime before that is fine. my email is [email protected]

wow everyone looking for shoes already, i got a white one for my ROM in Jan, so hopefully will be able to use it for AD. Ya i think a silver one will be able to match both WG and evening gowns, so for those who want to save some can consider that. i got mine from john little marina square, cheap cheap...robinson cityhall has some nice shiny ones too.

~sblbee~

shybride,
no lah, i wont b tempted in dat lingerie dept cos i got no asset to flaunt so no motivation to buy anything there :p ^5...i love d ma la huo guo at d basement....simply delicious ~ hotpot at chongqing ~ yum yum :p

lost,
wah....i only went once, will b going down again tis sunday...must b exciting n i bet u found ur dream gowns le...i havent found mine yet...stressed
sad.gif

lost_in_space

yeah~ will be taking out 2 wedding gown (MTM and the other one for 1st march in), evening gown and tea dress, for photoshoot, will have another evening gown and outdoor photoshoot will be another wedding gown.. hehe.. total 6 gowns.. but may want to change the outdoor photoshoot gown.. :D

msclaire

hey gals, can i join you on this thread? Always been reading the dec thread, didn't realise this thread also so happening. Just a short intro, my big day is in dec, and i see some familiar nicks here
happy.gif
hi girls..

I'm really excited to see you guys so CS siao here too...i've signed up with BC but i wasnt able to find a CS i like there. looks like i should drop by intl plaza this evening!

michellegerald

Hi Nelle

thanks for the reply. Ya.. I'm in the ala cart choice as my bridal studio is in malaysia. I'm also looking at the budget ones. I'm comparing the price and portfolio with the bridal studio which I had.

So ladies any recommendation? I'm also searching for MUA too?

ykls

hi gals, i am a dec btb can i join?

I am also looking for CS, anybody looking at Lady Xiang from Centrepoint is it still there? I accompany my sis there last time for her wedding prep.

nelle

Lady Xiang's designs abit traditional, to me. Flora's recommendation of Misse and Mama is good. You may like to pop by at International Plaza where the shop is in.

Michelle, what is your budget for MUA? For day or night? For PG, I did consider Edmund Leong and Tommy Leong before. You can find their websites easily.

ykls

hi nelle, thank you for the information! Ok, will pop by and check it our. Do you know if they do white high collar kind? I am thinking of those but I think have to slim down a lot first.

Anybody also join the balloting exercise in Jan08?

shybride

anyone using andrew tay as PG? cos i just found out his wife also does makeup for weddings. given that andrew is so nice, i think his wife will be very nice too! too bad i found out too late.. oredi got my MUA ..
sad.gif

nectarine

Hi all

I'm not a regular in this thread as you can tell. But i think i mentioned before that im also a 27th Dec BTB!

I am currently sourcing for tailors or ready-made dresses for my bridesmaids - 8 of them. Any recommendations? I really want them to be in the same colour and fabric becoz i think it will look nice on photos, so i thot i should pay for their dresses.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to keep the cost to less than $100 for each dress???

dodolet

Y Kim, Lady Xiang's design is pretty nice, but I feel that it is pretty ex. I think if you are of ave size, figure and height can go tailor one for urself.

Alternatively, You can go try try try till u like the design u like at Lady Xiang and go other place to make it. ^^ *supah kan*

Nelle, I need a MUA also for my actual day and my dinner on another day. I think most prob i doing ala carte. I dun wanna do any pre wedding foto shoot.

Msclaire, they open from 11:30 - 7:30 mon - fri and sat 11.30 - 4:30.

pinkcupcake

yeah, chimes. have to consider that.
happy.gif

thanks karen.
happy.gif

Hi Providencia and monkeymuffin,

thanks for your input! ok. i will also check out mrs teo. whoever checks her out first will just give feedback here i guess.
happy.gif

eh, monkeymuffin, do you think the last 3 "good feedback" post about that florist in our BS thread are faked? Very suspicious leh. All are from new users and only 1 post. I just didn't want to say anything in that thread for fear of starting an 'online war'. ha ha.

ykls

hi sotonglet, thank you hmm good idea haha think go and try try first in case I dun look good in CS lucky see you post the timing I was thinking of going down today heng huh
happy.gif

shybride

hey gals, 1 idea.. maybe u wanna see how your EG turns out first? cos i had wanted to make CS at first too.. but after i tried my EG with full makeup & hairdo during PS, i fell in love with the EG and decided wanna wear the EG for a longer time during the banquet (ie from 2nd march in to saying byebye) :p