(2008) Brides of year 2008

~sblbee~

pipi,
thanks for d info! oh im wearing size 5....hopefully she got my size...gotta make appt wif her soon so dat i can do my xmas shopping there b4 my fh comes back n scream at me :p

baipipi

hi meiling, why don't you email her your size and preferred designs and colour first? that was what she requested me to do when i wanted to make appt with her

pyhoh

Hi valerie morning, I did not receive the spreadsheet as well. Have u sent?
Thanks alot
happy.gif

icyxiaozhu

Hiya~ I have confirmed my BS.. Will be with signoria =") Congrats to blinktulip, i live near u =P haiz... didn't know abt e sales of flat there else will apply too.. gonna wait liao..

ling27

hello! Valerie, when is your photoshoot? My outdoor shoot has been postponed to 17 Dec. That's 9 more days to be exact.

By the way, it is less than 6 months to my AD!! Not much time left liao.. I will be getting my GDL date/time and AD time tomorrow.

Haha xinyi_reiko.. your next yr sounds so long but yet so near...
happy.gif

xinyi_reiko

Selina, ya lor.. mine need to wait around 1.5 mths. got alittle speical requirements. Now 1 week just pass only.. haha..

was look through some pictures, which my friend sent me just now. Someone actually did a mini photo gallery at wedding banquet reception area. Nice sia. Those got budget can give a try.

princessnono

Hi Tris, the background songs wehave chosen are mostly chinese songs cos both my hubby & me dun really listen to english songs so much.. so we decided to chose something more like US.. some songs are from FIR, Li Jiu Zhe, SHE, Jay Chow, JJ, zhang Dongliang, zhang fengqi etc.. hahaha.. I can email u on monday some of our chosen songs if u want..

blinktulip

Hi Dor, I m a Teochew btb =) but am clueless abt the traditions keke..n both r Christian families so tinkg we may just adopt the bare minimum procedures.

Icyxiaozhu, suggest u aim for e Apr 10th bimonthly sale. There r still a number of new flats in JW st 64 and Taman Jurong which r yet to b taken from the recent ballot n frens have said likely to b released in the bimonthly round..good luck to u ya!

ling27

xinyi_reiko.. just to share what my BIL did for his wedding dinner.. he placed his apple eMac showing his photo montage at the reception area.. no cost is incurred at all.. can give a try if you like the idea..

itipit

=) blinktulip,

I'm Christian too, but my HTB n both our families are not. So will still have to follow their customs...

lara

Hi Selina, i wanna go supreme court n shenton way.. the 'nature' one haven decide =) u?

HB say wan go recce these few days n im dreading it..

ling27

haha y you dread going recce?
I will be going to Sentosa and Upper Pierce.. If have time, i will go one more place..
happy.gif

happinessbliss

I am also teochew btb... Christian... HB is cantonese, but we are both clueless when come to traditional custom too... hehehe.... so we will just do the basics ....
happy.gif

mage

Fifi, thanks!
happy.gif
Shall leave it to my mum to communicate with her what she wants exactly.
happy.gif

Kymmie, my friend intro me this florist who can work within your budget. I'm using them for my hand bouquet and car decor and corsages, etc. If you are interested, let me know I can pass you the contact.

lara

coz he wans to go mandai orchid garden n lower pierce.. i dun like to go such places leh.. i'd rather go orchard road :p

ocean_blue

Yes, yes, please send me the pix. heehee
happy.gif

I signed up with Santiago. Just went to try some gowns yesterday. Very nice! Mine gowns are all OTR. I think because I don't like the hassle of thinking abt designs, etc, so as long as when I wear the gowns and I feel comfortable and make me go WOW! I will be happy. Yest, we went to see a few other hotels. We love the ballrooms too but decided not to coz we know we will burst our budget as well. So, gotta remain rational lor. There will be alot of things we want or wish we could do, but being practical is the key. Gotta keep reminding ourselves that. Otherwise, at the end of the day, when the credit card bill comes, another stress. hahahaha...

BOWS is a yearly wedding show event. The largest too. You can visit this site for more details. Got freebies too. Heehee... http://www.bows.sg/

jesteress

hi All

really feeling abit stress.. dun know wat to do and how much things left.. Anyway, as times go by we will all be very busy... I intend to hve a very simple wedding.. Actually i not really keen to have wedding.. Anyone gtg for honeymoon. Think u all can start to source for the price and package.

tinkybell

Hi Meiling,

i will be going for my fitting on 12 Jan, stil quite far away... nonetheless, hope i can find my ideal gown...

btw, if u gg to mit Belinda, do give me a ring k. maybe i will wanna come along... love her designs too...

earthsea

Hi everyone,

I'm joining in the party
happy.gif
My wedding date's on 26 Dec 08. Already secured the hotel: Novotel Clarke Quay, and almost about to make the decision on the wedding photographer. (one of my conditions is that they must return all photos in high-res on dvd, so I don't need to do the "topping up" stuff). After that need to source for MUA, gown, suit, all that. Anyone out there like me who's doing your wedding staff a la carte?

Liting, Mindy & Florabliss, I'm thinking of making my own wrist corsages too. Are there lessons on how to make? Maybe can ask my bridesmaids to go with me and we make all during one session.

Plasterbride, I bought a small planner too from Kino just to record wedding stuff. It's just a normal planner but it's proving to be super-useful to mark down all the appointments and things to do.
happy.gif

jedilim

haha...ya i agree. i also dun wan to be superstitious, but then wedding is a big occasion, so i thought better to choose a good auspicious date as well just to play safe right and let our minds be more at ease.

oh berry, wow we got same designer, oops, then on same day also, think jeslin will be really busy with the two of us. you are also doing MTM for both gowns? mine i went down to design WG, she drew it up at end of session. so end of Dec going for 1st fit. hope it turns out as I expect. quite worry also since MTM, we wouldn't know outcome n whether gown will look nice on us or not until it is done up. Have u gone to try out their gowns?

plasterbride

yeah, earthsea, a planner really helps. my FH was saying this afternoon when we were tallying our appointments together, we have never had so many appointments filled up to the brim in just one month calendar. hahaha....

adding myself to the list too
happy.gif

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif
Dec 08 Brides
Dec_08_Brides__8_Dec_-578620.xls (27.1 k)</td></tr></table></center>

hoitytoity

hi Cherz,

Congrats to you also!
happy.gif
i am still looking for my AD PG &amp; VG. but i have some in mind. if want, i can pm u details
happy.gif
. so where will yr AD be held and which BS did you go with??
happy.gif
kaypo a bit. haha

thanks for the info on BOWS Oceanblue. i registered liao. so if u r going, maybe can bump into u there ;D. Santiago sounds really chic. show show pix also when u have some okie??
happy.gif
yup yup. take yr time to choose hotel, but dun take too long yah. they get snapped up pretty fast nowadays. i didn't realise till recently, but 16/08/08 equals 'yi lu fa fa' in mandarin. kekeke.

baipipi

thanks for your compliments
happy.gif

tink i've got most of the things done except research on hairstyle n makeup, songs and confirm attendance list (which may affect the room layout)

ling27

Lara, orchard road a lot of pple leh!! i SHY!! haha Maybe you can try botanical garden.. heard that the place is very nice..

kitty_ng

Hi all,

I jus came back fr my biz trip yest and straight went for my first fitting...so tired now
sad.gif
But overall v happy with the design
happy.gif
so looking forward to the 2nd one...hee

Valerie, can you pls also send me the spreadsheet? Many Thanks!!!! Think hav exceeded budget too.

I've finally cfm my AD PG &amp; VG too (updated here). And scheduled my PS in Mar. Feeling so relieved nw when everything is more or less settled. Wow....the rest of u are really fast. So envious!

I'm oso collecting my keys for jalan membina tmr. Very excited, so no more time for wed planning as gg to busy with reno. Haiz....a busy 2008 <center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif

Copy_of_Jun_08_brides-562864-563364-568589-568633-569317-571129.xls (30.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>

marcy

Hi all! I'm a Nov 08 bride too! My AD will be on 22 Nov 08 at Traders Hotel.

Now looking around for BS... I have shortlisted a few but need to know how's their packages are like.

1. Divine Couture
2. Margaret Brides
3. Ritz Couture

Sigh..... this is really giving me a headache..

lazybride08

hi,

Have not done much for my wedding preparation also. However, have taken my wedding photo. Thinking of sourcing for place to go for honey moon, any good place to recommend for the mth of march? Hope to go to places where weather is not too warm. too busy with my work and thus no time to do research.

ocean_blue

Oh yah ah! I also didn't realised it! LOL! Good, good! hahaha. Yah, gotta book hotel soon. But, we have tentatively placed a booking with Furama. I don't think aug will be a very popular mth, right? So, I think though there is an urgency to book the venue but the urgency is not as high as if it's a popular mth. Hee... So, you are going to Bows too! Great! Maybe can see u there
happy.gif
Eh, can PM me the details of the AD PG and VG? Are they exp? Santiago is ok lah. Like all BS, can be hard sell too but once you put your foot down, they will know that you're serious about your decision, they will respect it. So, so far so good coz I bargained alot and they know I'm adamant about it. lol..

princess_sue

hi mei/ koyoyo,

when will be the next time you are going down to Belinda? Let me know k... wan to tag along too hehe... have been hearing so much nice stuff about it.. :p

hey pipi... ya nice heels..
happy.gif
how much did you actually paid for it ?

hey tinky... 12 jan.. not far liao.. very fast de.. dun worry, believe you will be able to find something you like .
happy.gif

cherz

AD: 31 Aug 08
Venue: Grand Copthorne Waterfront
BS: Divine Couture
PG and VG: still deciding (hoitytoity, plse PM me the details. I actually had 2 in mind but had not cfm with them)

nectarine

Hihi Liting

Yes! In fact that was the first shop (Love &amp; Co.) I went to in my search for wedding bands. I did find a couple of designs i like from there...heard it's part of Soo Kee. And they do customisation too!

Am just thinking if I'm paying a premium just for the brand...I also went to Clarity (thats where he got my engagement ring)...quite a bit of difference in price (cheaper) from Love &amp; Co.

Now also searching around for AD photographers...now that it is Dec, it just seems the wedding is not that far away anymore.. =)

jv_moments

Hi ladies!

went for my gown fit last night.. PS 2 weeks later.. abit late right.. n i just got news that PG injured his leg will be on MC for a week.. i do hope he recover well soon...
happy.gif

anyway i booked my honeymoon with hb during the last natas fair.. will be going to Italy.. not much choices cos in March there will be another Natas fair so they dun have much packages for march 08 when we went... anyway it will be too late for us to go for the March Natas fair for our honeymoon since we do not want much delay after our AD
happy.gif

providencia

Hi Marcy, I've only visited Divine from your shortlisted. Here's the info I got, hope it'll help.
Executive package ($3988)
- MTM WG (R)
- MTM EG (P)
- MTM Man Suit (P)
- Make-up and Hairdo x 4 sessions
- Hand Bouquet &amp; Car Deco (studio, AD, 8 corsages, car deco + 2 following car)

Atelier Package ($2988)
- OTR WG (R)
- MTM EG (P)
- MTM Man Suit (P)
- make-up, hairdo, hand bouquet, car deco same as above

Additional surcharge of $250 or more on intricate beading, full lace, embroidery &amp; pure wool material, excludes dry cleaning charges of $120 for 2 gowns.

Heard good reviews abt Divine and Margaret, don't know much abt Ritz, but nothing beats going down to the shops and trying on the gowns. You'll have fun, don't fret.
happy.gif

sleepycat_2

For some strange reasons, i keep getting kicked out of the forum...urghhh!

Mage, I have decided not to go with Angel since there isn't that many good comments abt her here. I have originally booked her for 9.30am but recently got an email from her to change the time to 10plus. I think this is after u have contacted her.
I have found a friend who is willing to help me. She is just starting out as a MUA so I thot I give her a try and lend her some support as well. I will be informing Angel by early next week, so you shdn't have any problems if u are engaging her.

pearlybling79

HiHi..
Dor, I am with Julia wedding News..
Heard about the incident that it was Julia's AD photographer who left the wedding dinner film/rolls in a taxi and till now, still cannot find. I dunno how they compensate the couple, but heard that the photographer was a hard working one and he was drunk because the bride groom offered him and ask him to join in when the dinner ends..Haven met the photographer_ah liang yet though,but heard that he was nice, not so nice..so depends on our chemistry liao.Dor, you doing the outdoor at Legends? You bought over the package from someone? I was considering to buy over from this couple who had a good deal with Legends.But in the end, I took the Grand Shanghai instead.

I am a christain too, will be holding church wedding+ tea ceremony +dinner..help leh..how to plan..tea ceremony after lunch buffet at church or when my hubby comes and fetch me?
My HB is cantonese too..think must wear kua..but no la..so hot.maybe take studio pictures..
How traditional you ladies want?
BTW, anyone heard of O studio? Their actual day photographer ok?