(2008) Brides of year 2008

bigfish

well fairy inc is customised rings, so i am not surprised if it is expensive. but just want to see how impressive their design can be, so really unique, i dont mind paying a bit more.. but like val, i am looking for a non-diamond ring... anyway, this decision is purely personal preference... as long as you like it, it's okie..

btw, any jan'08 brides are hosting their banquet at oriental hotel??

beachgirlz

Hi Vivienne

hmm i dunno abt the prices. but many ppl go there, so u can pop by to see? oh like tat har.. ok i understand wad u mean hehe. but hor if long liao.. it becomes dull, band old.. (like my fren's, only 1 yr... then look like those pasar malam bought ring) then looks even worse leh. cos this is worn everyday 4 the rest of ur life. so must be durable.

then hor.. 0.01 carat cannot see clearly also.. got point ma? no offense meant ok girl.. juz let u noe the theory only hehe. my theory la
happy.gif

yup i will let u noe abt my visit there.. but need to wait for him to be back 1st la keke. ya lor u go with him ar.. go and have a look wont hurt and give u more choices! since u have until july to make ur choice. so many ppl go there, shdn't be wrong
happy.gif

hatemenot

i think small diamonds looks cool too.. fairy's inc wedding band may set the couple back about 2k like dat i heard.

from lee hwa.. kinda like this kind of thin bands =)
461266.jpg

brightstar

Hi blythe15, u r welcome..must u must sound like "u r very interested to take up" BUT "got to ask ur parents." so say "if u an chop the date first" and buy time

brightstar

wow the ring looks so nice...

i bought style wedding magazine in sept last yr and manage to get 100 dollars off vouchers from lee hwa..not sure if u can get any discount from some credit cards or banks

muddpie

hmm...ladies...customised bands from fairy inc ah...does tat mean u design & then they make according to ur design? or they have ready made designs where u choose me?
hehe...me abit mountain tortise... =)

happy_wedding

I am also planning to have wedding on 2008. I have started my preparation in searching those photography and videography ya. You guys got any ideas?? can share with me?

hatemenot

hi muddpie,

yeah i heard can customize any design you want =) i believe they have ready made ones too.

vivienne, there's a upload attachment beside the preview/post message button.. just click that =)i oso figure out not long ago

necrosis

victoria theme sounds really wonderful leh...
lots of lace and brocade....at least that's my idea lah...
have you selected your BS? must find one with those lovely gowns...to match your theme
happy.gif

valerie, what type of theme you imaging for your banquet?

beachgirlz

Hi Viv

oh... like tat huh.. then shd be ok. but still i tink diamond on bands tat are worn everyday not v 'shi ji'
happy.gif

Most impt u like it.. and ur FH too! go ahead if u like it gal. u'll be wearing it ar. at most go for plating n washing once in a while to maintain it lor
happy.gif

i cant wait to go shop for my bands. so exciting! keke

beachgirlz

nec..

i now having problems finding venue due to budget ar.. then FH away, cannot discuss. all stucked. so until i find venue le then see can have wad theme lor.hehe.

i like victorian/english theme. like intercontinental's
happy.gif

does anyone know of any other venues like tat other than goodwood?

necrosis

have you tried the british club?

what's your budget?
i also have budget constrains
sad.gif

but lucky don't need so many tables..maybe 20-25 max
(i think, havent actually draw up guest list yet...:p )

cocobear

hihi all!

i'm a 2008 btb too. But I have no specific date or month yet hehe. Glad to join in.

I look at some of you already get venue or BS I feel stress. I'm looking at JB BS too coz wanna cut cost and plus they offer the same things as SG BS.
happy.gif

beachgirlz

hi nec

british club.. i saw in the mag tat its v nice. but cannot see the whole place - meaning they focus on the setting n flowers. do we need membership to book? u have enquired abt tat place b4?

my budget is preferably 600-700 after all taxes per table. mine also 20-25.

how's ur budget like? which venue u looking at?

Hi coco

welcome
happy.gif
no need to feel stressed at u have no date yet! wait till u have date then stress.. hehe. meanwhile u check out the venues and BS u to shortlist ba.. these will be the 1st 2 things to book when u have ur date.

necrosis

coco welcome.
me also no date yet.
just doing research first lor..

i also intersted in JB BS...but so far no one send me any of their packages from the other JB threads
sad.gif

maybe cos i'm not active there bah...

hi val,
i also saw pics only, but they say have Tudor ballroom....sounds very english, very posh! :D
maybe i'm easily taken in by the write up?
lol...
i haven't officially discussed budget per table w FH yet, just agaration, shld be abt 700-800 per table bah.
including all the extra wine...(start collecting from DFS whenever you go travelling liao!)

wondering how much i can DIY vs time vs cost...
i don't mind DIYing everything but no such thing as DIY photoshoot right? plus gown rental not hua suan (buying is like $500-$800, renting is like $1k+)

oh yeah, val, i stay in west...west coast...saw your post in another thread..but that thread like die liao..:p

korice,
can find kaki to go wedding show?
val? wedding show??

beachgirlz

hi nec

haah. ya i was telling me to email me regarding the address thingy. don wan post in threads wait everyone noe where i stay hahaha. ok i'm gg to check out british club! check liao let u noe.

i asked woodsville florist for the pricing of the deco on the mag, this is wad he replied:
As per magazine the 3 chairs floral decoration and 2 x table urn floral and 1 reception long low is at $230.00, thanks.

dunno is considered normal or expensive. need to do another research on this again. so sian hor. everything need to do research cos all needs $$$ and a lot of it! keke.

hey how to collect wine when go travelling ar? buy wine from dutyfree area much cheaper ar? i've absolutely no idea for wines n beers! i even asked my fren wad is corkage charge. alien term to me. but i saw in some packages.. corkage is waived only if the wine is duty paid and hard sealed. so if duty free then got to pay corkage?

got DIY photoshoot ar.. u book PG like chris ling, tuckys.. they are standalone PGs and offer both PS and AD photographys.

which wedding show u wan go? i also interested! scared drag my FH go so many wedding shows he'll say i waste $ hehe.

necrosis

hey korice,
can share the chijmes package w me too...also like val i tot must hve 8k on top of the table charges!!!

but chijmes, don't really have space for a dance floor right?

anyone knows of any ballrooms with space for a dance floor...my FH and i wanna do a couple of dances ....first dance as husband/wife thing...also we met at a dance class...so in a way, it's meaningful
happy.gif

ask a rather mercenary question ah, if hold banquet in a restaurant, will the ang pows received be much less?

allo

Hi Korice & Valerie

My new house will be in Jurong West... Renovations is a very tedious process as it concerning our wallets. Wedding dinner is another sum, but most of it can get back from angpaos.
happy.gif
Ya, have to plan early... more for the wedding venues... dun be surprise that many dates are already reserved.

stnov

hey val.....in fact mine is d old pkg lei.....dun have a copy of d revised version.....mayb u can try brightstar's link....saw FRF pkg & many others in one of her contact's multiply.....**paiseh**

necrosis

wah, val...
i think your research more advance stage than mine!! :D
corkage eh...how they know if from DFS or not?? if we remove the stickers?? but recently i went to DFS to check out hor, unless you want those cheem cheem wines, no point leh.
those from carrefour or cold storage can be much cheaper...abt $16/bottle also have...and they are the not bad kind, not too dry ( i dun like dry reds)

but beer, definitely DFS cheaper, by a LOT. but each passport can only take 3 cans
sad.gif

so that's kinda silly also.

abt the DIY PS, if engage PG, then where to get MUA/GOWNS/accessories etc...?
all this still must go BS shopping right? *blur liao*

ok, late liao.

talk to ya all tomorrow lah..
happy.gif

zenzen

hello to all!
am new to this forum and a BTB in 2008. if all goes well, it should be 26 Jan 08...still sourcing for hotel banquet, thinking of orchard hotel but it is a little inconvenient

will be having a church wedding in morning and have "booked" the priest...waiting for him to confirm if he will be available

taking a small step at a time..too many things to juggle

korice

british club?? british club?? hahaa.. you guys have advanced so so far!!! wat's their capacity like?

morning..!
happy.gif

tell you all.. we've managed to find someone who can endorse us into the China Club.. but now change of plan liao.. all in one night! hahaa.. was considering si chuan dou hua @ oub tower.. but dun like the seating arrangement.. so now, we're back to the original idea!! back to equinox!! hahaa.. hope they say got space.. we'll do a 2-night dinner instead.. night 1 for relatives, night 2 for colleagues & friends! hehee.. totally love this idea.. but hubby wasn't open to it initially.. yayee!!!
happy.gif

love victorian stuff (sorry val, haven had time to take pics yet, spent last night at PIL's place).. but scared i can't wear all the lacy stuff cos me fat.. sigh..

nec, managed to find one fren going for the style one le.. you want find one more, den 6 of us go together??? the rest i haven taken a look yet though.. my hubby wun go with me one.. sigh.. so i rather go gather info le, shortlist, den bring him..

hey.. no DFS alochol allowed one.. unless you sneakly sneak in & pour.. cos no taxes.. yah.. confirm ar..

me now starting to get BS quotes over emails first lor.. have got TWP one.. looks ok..

korice

hey yane.. i;m staying in JW too.. I'm at 613.. you? yah.. talk abt renovating the house.. tedious & at times, emotionally draining.. when you 2 cant agree.. hehee.. lucky mine's done up le.. *whew*

nec & val.. will email you the proposal.. nec.. email??

suntec can do dance floor..
happy.gif

and it is the norm that if the wedding is in a rest, the ang pows are slightly lesser.. but according to one of my frens, they covered the banquet costs & still have balance..!! so yah lor..

bigfish

hi muddpie, my AD is on the 19th jan...

zenzen, welcome... seems like you and me wld be busy from morning till nite, cos having a church wedding and the dinner in one day can be pretty rush... but i believe that i'll enjoy the day...

beachgirlz

hi stnov

its ok then. i'll email the hotel for the package.
happy.gif

hi zen zen

welcome here
happy.gif
orchard shd be ok le la.. i'm tinking of having it in sentosa even..haha. which church u booked?

beachgirlz

nec

hmm its v hard to say for restaurants cos some ppl see its restaurant, they will bao lesser but they might not noe what is ur rate. and lesser normally means 40-50 instead of 60-80? so still can cover i guess. then some closer frens n relatives will bao more like 80-100, so u might even have balance. but all these depends on what kind of frens/relatives u have. (malaysian relatives do affect too cos some use ringgit to pay!)

hi yane

so which restaurants/hotels have u shortlisted? share share.. i'm also looking for rest and hotels.
happy.gif
my new house might be in jurong west too cos the houses there cheaper. if u don mind, can i ask how much is ur hse? 4rm or 5 rm? at least i can have a gauge how much are the flats at JW. u can email the pricing to me cos its quite personal hor.. [email protected]

hi korice

i'm waiting for ur hse pics! hehe. 613 is near mrt not? 4rm, 5rm? can share the price not har? put in ur email to me if u don mind!
happy.gif

beachgirlz

morning gals!

nec: no la mine not v advanced. i see british club's menu hor.. seems like no chinese sit down dinner leh.. all western. i sent email to enquire if they can arrange o not. wait for them to reply then i let u all noe. their verandah looks v nice leh. really a lovely place. maybe can go there rom. haha.

erm i really now nuts abt wines. yest i toked to my FH. he also don noe abt wines. he said some weddings don provide alcohols at all. i tink tats a gd idea. maybe we shd do tat. save a lot of $$$! then i can take intercontinental liao! i simply love their new ballroom, but they're so ex. so if i give up the alcohols part, maybe i can take them le
happy.gif

ya for DIY its quite ma fan. i also lost leh. sorry cant help much. i noe for gowns u can try Allure charix and Angel Atelier and Just gowns. all have not bad gowns. MUA can look in threads, find those famous ones like the PGs lor. i only noe this 3 factors. i dunno wad else i need to make up the list. so i'm tinking, get bridal package from one studio tat has nice WG and CS like divine couture and then photography package from another studio or from those standalones. like tat lor. cos i see whitelink's PG is v gd. but i don like the rest of their package. thus i might go this way. a bit confusing reading so much ma?? keke.

korice:

ya i also keep changing my mind la. as u can see from wad i wrote. i changed from hotels to restaurants then now back to hotels again. i dunno wad to decide! arrgghh. hey who is the person can endorse u into china club??? i'm intersted to noe also. u have china club's quote? can share with me? ya equinox is not bad too leh but its like quite ex. and my tables too many for their space. my FH doesn like the idea of spliting into 2 nights, so i cant take the idea at all. urs seems a gd idea if ur FH agrees! u got more time to mingle with ur guests too!
happy.gif

its ok.. when u free u take pics show me. if my place also at JW then we can go see each other's hse too! hehe.

uniblue

hi stnov,
saw u in the FRF link, i took the FRF wed package too.

Hi valerie,
You can go to their Furama webby, the wed package is in their wedsite.

korice

wahahahaa.. ok ok.. will take asap k.. janice too! hehee..
happy.gif

dun mind sharing.. published price aniwae.. mine is 5-rm exec premium flat (134sqm with floor & shower screen), paid $308k.. location is between boon lay & upcoming pioneer mrt station lor.. walkable distance.. who need reno conatct?? mine is with A&D Interior.. not bad.. and a lot of my friends & colleagues are/have used them too le..

oh oh.. nec & val.. email sent..!
happy.gif

necrosis

morning girls.

if ang pow for rest lesser...may not cover leh..cos some rest can also go as high as 800++ per table leh...
maybe have some way to hint?
like say this rest famous chef, better than 5* hotel?
*perplexed*

lol.
me getting money face!!!
no choice cos both FH and i still studying now...:p

beachgirlz

hi nec

hahaha. all brides are $ face la. as u can see in my other post. i'm considering not having alcohols in my dinner!!
happy.gif

i tell u wad.. for restaurants i've shortlisted 2 v gd ones. noble house by tung lok and peony jade at clarke quay. both v convenient locations. veri nice deco. VERI gd food also! prices cheap also! for peony, 300-500 per table. for noble house, 400-600. taxes for both only 2 ++ only. no service tax. save the 10%! a lot ok! am i more $ faced than u?? hahaha.

and many ppl told me, restaurants are as good as hotels. most imptly is how u plan ur dinner or lunch so tat its unique and ppl will remember ur wedding. no point gg to hotels and burn a hole in the pocket and its juz a normal wedding dinner like the norm.

for noble house, its a high class restaurant, even nicer than some of the hotels for the deco. peony jade have veri nice deco and u can choose to arrive by bum boat too.. special leh.

do check out their sites. veri nice.

beachgirlz

hi korice

hmm i might take JW too.. then we'll be neighbours! hehe. wad is with floor and shower screen? can explain? i dunno housing terms yet la.. haven gone to housing threads yet hehe.

ok i wan the reno contact. email me ba then i wont lose it
happy.gif
how much is ur reno? takes how long to do a reno ar?

korice

*whistle* are we all so free this morning? *oops*

nec, val is right.. noble house & peony jade are really not bad.. i think "my humble house's" bqt packages are reasonably priced too (as compared to their private dining prices), but only 110pax seating.. with regards to the rest thingy, it's really difficult to control lah.. if your guests know that the rest is well-known, then they might auto a bit.. but still.. yah lor.. anyway, most ppl say cant cover 100% one.. if can cover 60% good le.. *lol*

diff between hotel & rest is mainly the ambience & food quality.. ppl say if food is the priority, den should go rest.. like wat most f&b ppl will say.. but if ambience more impt, den diff lor..

val, we did consider noble house too.. but we wanted to see suntec.. sigh.. eh.. 31 mar got wedding show there leh..

flats got premium & standard.. premium ones normally comes with the floor & kitchen wall tile done, and the shower screen in the toilet (the divider between shower & main area). standard ones are mostly bare houses lor, with kitchen floor tiles (some). take near me lah.. heheee..

will email you his contact.. his name is thomas.. patient man lah.. same wavelength too, cos similar age group..

my reno cost is about $24k.. we knocked off quite some walls, & put back some too.. have a wiw, and a u-shaped kitchen with a serving ledge.. den plus all the furniture, electrical appliances & watnot.. total works out to be about $60k.. slightly towards to higher range part.. but cos our furniture are mostly bought & not built-in.. plus cos of the theme.. so slightly off a bit.. we had to mark-down the total cost to tell our parents! sigh..

inex

another jan 08 bride reporting! anyone here who have to deal with reno bridal and banquet at the same time? tiring man!

brightstar

actually really depend on what type of photography stlyle...u can check with antevy.com and if u dont like their syle...then u can ask them to refer u to other photographers...

muddpie

jolene...yeah...whole day will so super busy...but i don't hv church wedd...so should be fine... :p

wer is ur dinner venue & ur BS?

muddpie

hi jean...welcome welcome...
when is ur AD?
Wow!! u deal wif reno too...think u will more busy & tiring than us...but its ok...i'm sure u will enjoy it... =)

inex

My ad is set at either 05 Jan else 19 Jan.. depending on which hotel we decided to book. should know by this week
happy.gif

yeah loh I'm tired out just going from reno to reno
happy.gif

what about you? settle all already?

beachgirlz

hi LO

i wanna see their pics of their ballroom ma.. so emailing them lor
happy.gif

hi jean

welcome.. which hotels r looking at now? share share ar..
happy.gif
where is ur lovenest?

bigfish

i'm having my banquet in oriental hotel on the 19th jan... my BS is Dawn in JB...

my flat wld only be ready in 2010... got a unit at the sembawang BTO... so no renov to overlook... jus need to concentrate on the wedding itself.

beachgirlz

hey hey jolene

i juz saw oriental's ballroom pic. seems quite nice! is ur package the same one as stated on their site? can share with me why did u choose oriental? heard their service is not tat gd though the food is great.

how do u find their service so far? have any pics tat the coordinators sent u? can share with me? thanks!

inex

Hi Val,

I'm taking either novotel or Holiday Inn Atrium. think mostly likely HIA because they offer a very comprehensive package thats kind to our wallets and nothing really much left for us to negotiate because they have given us almost everything one can negotiate for. FH likes the place alot, while me is ok with it.

my lovenest is at whampoa, got it in the recent WIS, now waiting for keys and getting quotes from IDs

any La B*lle (replace * with e) couture brides here? I pop in just now during lunch and they are quite nice and pro, not pushy at all.. however their pricing is a little on the high side

necrosis

aiyoh,
i dunno where to reply liao...
Lol..
So many thread... heheh...
yeah, we all quite free ah?!?!
sshh...dont tell our bosses..

i suppose if go restaurant, of cos must go the "high class" ones lah...
equinox can seat how many pple ah?
what's the food quality?

since my guest list is not that much (cross fingers) maybe can squeeze into some places...but then i'm stubborn abt wanting a dance floor leh..
even if only 2 pple dance ( me and FH) i also want!!!
restaurants don't really have this kind of space right?

wow, renov talks already.
val, buy house already ah?
i think most impt is get near to work plce....or parents places to get thata $40k grant...
$40k is like the whole wedding liao man!!
lol...

31st march wedding show??