(2008) Brides of year 2008

~sblbee~

hi msclaire,
take care n enjoy urself, cya back real soon frm jakarta....i'll b in beijing nxt week so i'll b oso MIA frm tis thread for a while :p

nelle

mei, tell me what's nice in beijing ok?
We will be going there next year (likely in Mar) with my PIL and bro-in-law's family.

We intend to travel somewhere in Nov this year from 21-29 Nov. Can anyone suggest a place (10- 25 deg cels) and cost about S$3k for 2 pax?
Australia will be hot so I don't really want to go there.

providencia

nelle, ha ha, surely the poor porter doesn't mind going again? Mine wants to retire there. Ha ha. Oh boy, you are one rich little lady!!!!
happy.gif

How abt going to Taiwan in Nov? Weather should be nice and cool.

Sotonglet, I'm a greedy gal, i want freehold and at least 1200 sft, district 8,9 or 12, should be near town. Don't mind resale. I just wait it out, hopefully can get something by year end.

Mei, have fun, i want to go too, but htb is a china hater.. sigh..

msclaire, the outram flat is 5 room, selling at 500 plus, near the mrt. U still interested?

lsntyl

Nelle>we think the price is v steep. :p Will prob wait it out. In no big hurry to move out. Am starting to be more inclined towards getting a small condo unit rather than HDB...

dodolet

prov, WAH.. so central leh.. err district 12, u referring to which side ah.. 12 still got getting freehold 1200< for close to 1M, 3 or 3+1 bedder type. But the others dun think will drop tat much to get tat big freehold below 1M. Hard but may not be impossible. Just need to open eyes big big.

nelle, dun wan aust can go NZ. Taiwan as prov say good choice also...

lsntyl, condo must also see leh.. cos condo means bank loan only and need to plan for the repayment. Also need to pay more per month also. If wanna get, please get a good area hor, dun go for the feel of staying in condo go buy where there are many HDB around u too.

nelle

nodding *agree with sotonglet on the pricing of condo vs HDB*

Taiwan sounds good
happy.gif
I haven't been there for almost 12 years...haha... and I didn't get to see any of it cos it was for a work convention at that time (daily hotel-convention-hotel kind of thing). Will it be cold, like, need to wear jacket-all-the-time kind of cold?

lsntyl

sotonglet>but condo prices now are closer to HDB. Might as well top up a bit more. But donno yet lah. We still prefer a HDB. Maybe just wait till prices really fall.

Nelle>Think Taiwan in Nov should be nice. A jacket should be enough

~sblbee~

nelle,
sure, i'll tell u wat's nice in beijing after my trip....n i'll b going to tianjin too, always wanted to go to shanghai though...there's juz too many places dat i wanted to go le :p
aiyo, u rich lady....travel so frequently wor....d thought of going to japan in jun is alrdy killing me cos i think all d things will b v ex there
sad.gif

i think taiwan or hk will b a gd place in nov....been to hk in nov n been to taiwan in mar, both places r cooling when i visited
happy.gif
wat abt korea? but i duno if it meets ur budget...

providencia,
heheheh.....thanks gal, sure i'll have fun in my colleagues' coy.....same here, my hubby dun wana pay for a china trip so i dun think there's ever a chance dat he'll go wif me....so i'll juz have to explore china wif my frens...think apart frm beijing, d other place i wana visit is shanghai den shd b done :p

lsntyl,
heheheh....yah same here, wld prefer a HDB over a condo unless d prices r really competitive, given d floor area dat i wanted n location ( wanted to b located near mrt or shopping facilities), i think is gona cost a lot....i want a 110 -130 sq m, really need d storage space for all my stuff :p

providencia

Ya lah, Sotonglet, ha ha, very ambitious hor, want central, some more want it cheap, where got deals like this.. balastier area for district 12. The developers are moving towards releasing small units in order to make the price reasonable. Very soon, our unit sizes will be similar to those in HK.

LSnTYL, agree with nelle and Sotonglet, plus don't buy condo with multi storey carparks, to me, that spells "low class" big time.. ha ha. No lah, seriously, a HDB is always good as a first property. If you can wait, do wait.

lsntyl

There are condos with multi-storey carparks? Like the ECs? Visited the EC in Simei. Was so cramped and didn't have a condo feel at all. Felt just like a HDB. Hubby n I are v nua atm. Crossing fingers prices will drop in later half of the year.

Meiling>if Japan is stressing you out so much, maybe you can sell the tickets instead? Although its a bit wasted but with the $ from the air tix, maybe can pay everything for a short trip nearer to SG? Just a thought.
happy.gif

nelle

Mei, it is the eating &amp; shopping that are expensive in Japan. Is it a tour package?
Maybe after June, no travelling for you lor. :p

haha...mei &amp; provi, I am not exactly rich...just manage to 'spend &amp; invest wisely' so don't need to worry much on money for travelling. Sigh, I am limited by 17 days of annual leave and my partner has only 14 days, so we can only go to limited places. The worse is his company is those type where you cannot use up your leave in advance, ie, eg, you are entitled for 12 days of AL, it means that every mth you can take 1 AL, or cannot take more than 6 AL at Jun. The AL must be 'earned' 1st.

~sblbee~

lsntyl,
im considering d few options given to me....but my hubby felt dat it's abit wasted to forgo my prize n gd luck....hehehe, if i can sell d tickets at 1/2 price, i can even pay for a short trip n have some shopping cash but i wonder will ppl pay for biz class tickets in tis kind of bad situation :p

nelle,
yah lor, d shopping n eating as well as accomodation is extremely ex in japan esp in tokyo area, i managed to change my return tickets to tokyo to 1 stop tokyo n 1 stop osaka so dat i can visit more places but den may have problems travelling to n fro cos im not familiar wif d places there....im thinking of booking my air tickets but den im afraid dat d tour wont b confirmed n den im stranded wif d tickets w/o any package cos i need to confirm my dates by end of mar....
sigh, i've to make a trip to KL end of d yr to attend my hubby's fren's wedding....felt bad cos she n her hubby-to-b travelled all d way there down to attend our wedding last year....

~sblbee~

oh btw gals, i'll b flying early tm to beijing alrdy so wont b in action for a week, in d meanwhile, do take care of urself ok?
happy.gif
cya soon....

msclaire

take care mei, and have loads fun in beijing
happy.gif

just went a whole day of house hunting today, and seems like all owners today were going for below valuation. really happy, so shall wait out the price even more and slowly see the prices drop. one of them was pretty awesome, very move in condition, so hardly need to spend on reno, just need furniture.

prov, thanks for the lobang, we are interested. could u give us the details pls? most probably can only visit on sunday.

nelle

hmmm... the area where I'm staying still have people selling above valuation, about $10-$30k! I was talking to neighbours and the other 'downstairs aunties', just kpo and ask if there are really people buying at those prices. Amazing that there are still people who are cash-rich. Generally 3 &amp; 4room units are quite expensive, prices are 5room/EM &amp; above are falling.

jolene428

haloo gers...

yah lor.. everyone so quiet...

maybe busy working, busy making babies :p heehee...

Jovin, hows ur trip to find ur Hubby?

vivaliciousviv

~LsNTYL
<font color="0000ff">Cuz hubby said i Put on weight..Haaaa...better Dun eat so much, else i will complain when i expand..</font>

<font color="119911">in the end, i bought the NachOs set from rach's strOng recommendation..really nice! =D</font>

rayrachel

Pinky> just email her directly.. she is selling the Nachos all the time.. just that when she post in the thread.. she has only 7 days to do a Bulk Purchase thing.. coz they need to pay $25 for a 7 day advertising period..
happy.gif

bedazzle

Hi all,

this place is so quiet nowadays. How is everyone getting along?

I'm 2 months away fr my EDD. Feeling scared... haha.

Just bought car seat n stroller fr taka baby fair. burnt a big hole in my pocket. =(

vivaliciousviv

~Dor
<font color="0000ff">* Dun b afraid ...u will soon b a happy Mummy!! SO excited for you!! yup, here is gettin pretty QUiet...all bz ba...tt time was bz over wedding preparations, alot pointers n prob to pour out to discuss n share...now manyb more bz w reno, work, being mtm?? =D</font>

<font color="119911">- sat i went EXPO for Robinsons sale, saw alot Bb items v cheap lo, bought FOX clothes for my nephews, haaa....also gt Addidas sale, POPULAR sale, FooD fair..hee</font>

lsntyl

Dor>ya, don't be afraid. You've got your hubby's full support, ya? Your families must be really excited about the impending birth soon.
happy.gif

I went to the robinson expo sale on Fri. Really got a lot of items. But didn't go into Addidas as the q was too long.

vivaliciousviv

~ LsnTYL

<font color="aa00aa">hubby &amp; i went on Sat abt 2pm - 3pm, reached there it was almost gg to pour...saw a lot pple coming out from the MRT to Hall 4, 6, 3B..etc...saw A MASSIVE JAM @ Addidas Queue..CRAZY sial!! NVM lo, we aint so keen in Addidas so proceed to ROBINSONS sale...Hee...my man bought 2 G2000 Shirts..(v affordable lo, $23 nial each) i got 2 eSprit Tees..(each $9.90!!!) 2 set FOX kids wear for my nephews...some underwear frOm hush Puppies, Byford...Tidbits also..I love ROBINSONS Expo sale, or JL's, really roomy but sometimes can b really crazy....overall $$ well spent la, haaa...All happy....

then we went to the FOOD FAIR, tried the what Baker's biscuits...Gelato, hmm...yummy!!

Then Addidas FINALLY no Queue as most Stocks are v big/small sizes, not much left to buy, went out empty handed...POPULAR sale gave it a go as well, dun think need anything from there ba...haaa</font>

<font color="119911">yup..i was in the MAKE ME OVER section....i kinda prefer the BEFORE look pic le, haaa...the Tote bag tt comes along w it was funky!! =D</font>

~sblbee~

hi gals,
im back...hehehe, so far d trip has been a fruitful one cos it's a different experience having to b d chaperon for d students but they r generally v well-behaved
happy.gif

i didnt buy much except for food stuff n souvenirs but on d day b4, i managed to grab 9 pcs of winter clothings at rather cheap price....so it's a gd buy
happy.gif

florabliss n praisey,
hi there, no long time no see....hope dat u gals r doing fine...i've been for my honeymoon in dec, now planning for my 2nd honeymoon in jun :p

straylamb

hi gals... long time no come... buzi w reno stuff now... seems to take veri long...
dor n ah net will be first rite... dun b kan jiong... keep urself in good mood n it'll good for baby too... ;)
just visited my new nephew at mt alvernia 2 days bac... babys are really wonders!
happy.gif

viv... where to see the watson magazine? post the photos leh
happy.gif
or did u post them somewhere liao? wow e sale sound excitin... makes me gian shopping now! hehee...

vivaliciousviv

~~ Straylamb
<font color="aa00aa">the mag is kinda thin mag called GLOW, comes w free funky (3 designs) tote bag....$2 each copy, available at WATSONS stores nationwide i think, while stocks last... nth spectacular la...small corner....i look kinda chubby after makeover, LOL</font>

<font color="0000ff">Reno starting? mine BTO Coral Spring - Fernval area tentatively 2011..stil long way to go n guess what, i dun even have na idea what my ideal home will b like...i wish for the wardrobe like wat the lady had had in SEX in the City, but i dun have so many Glam stuff to put, lol...

Colors (warm colors) are kinda cOzy feel. etc..i duno la, totaly clueless...</font>

<font color="119911">Shopping - retail therapy is definitely fun but pocket harming..haaa, recession, i m watching what i wanan buy....</font>

<font size="+1">~SIANZ!!!</font>

jolene428

hihi gers...

wana share the good news with ya... :D i went to KKH yest and tested Positive, thk charma, joanna and jane knws le coz all on my MSN :p

about 5wks preg.. still need to wait for 2 more wks to rescan and see if bb is healthy.. wish me all the best :D

charma jiayou!!! do once every 3 days sure can strike de :D heehee.. though tiring but if want bb got to work hard :D

will post it in my multiply once i rescan and cfm bb is healthy :D then u all can see the bb scans and progress :D

no one else planning for bb mah? kekeke ohh other than xiaokai who is a aug 09 mummy :D

pinky81

hi jolene,

Congrats!!! It's really good news! Must share your experience taking care of your child leh. What is your msn ah? must send me leh.. so that I can add you. WOnt be coming here that often. =)

cyc

huh? estralita, don't think anyone of us from this thread is getting married again anytime soon.. wrong thread...

straylamb

rach... yeah started reno... now is week 6 liao but still a lot of things not done... quite slow... when r u plannin 2 do urs? guess now veri difficult now coz u r expectin
happy.gif

viv... wow... makeover must b fun
happy.gif
u still haf lotsa time b4 reno... dun worrie about hafin no idea... even if u eyeing some design now... 2 yrs later might not b liu2 xing2 anymore
happy.gif

rayrachel

straylamb> wah.. week 6 by right should finish liaoz.. who did u engage??
We are still renting out ours... prob next year then we get it back.. no hurry... anyway.. HB is ID.. he'll be able to do it even if i'm preggy.. ;)
Dun need me to be there. but i would want to ensure everything is done to MY expectations though.. hahaha.. ;P

providencia

LSnTYL, yup, saw a few condo with multiple carparks, like City Lights, in Lavender.

Meiling, outdone yourself again, what are you going to do with 9 pcs of winter clothings??!!???

koyoyo

hi all,
long time never pop by.. same as florabliss been busy + sligh lazy..

Meiling as usual u still manage to bought somethg even though u have little time left. HOw food in china?? was it cold when u went???

pinky81

HI jovin (jovin72):

Me ah.. not so soon. Intend to enjoy a year first. For me, I stay with in laws.. I dun even have the luxury of er ren shi jie to start with. Besides, I still want to go travelling so baby plan to be on hold first. Establish the relationship first.

Yvonne: How about you?

~sblbee~

providencia,
hehehe....i got carried away cos there were so many designs n they r a lot cheaper than sg wor....some r jackets, some r sweaters so hopefully i get a chance to wear them if i travel to countries dat r cold :p

koyoyo,
how i wished dat they can extend d shopping time to 2 more hours....i didnt managed to go down to d basement to buy shoes
sad.gif
but den it's a lot of satisfaction cos u can slashed d price by 75% cos they usually quote u a v high price....hehehe, lotsa tuggling cos they all want ur biz so eventually they'll give in to u :p
d food is ok but den too oily n salty to my liking...somemore we r fed like pigs cos every meal has abt 8-10 dishes....it's no gd for my waistline :p it was rather sunny but cold ard 12-15 degrees but v windy....lotsa ppl fell sick during d trip cos of d unpredictable weather :p

vivaliciousviv

<font color="ff0000">Tampines 1 - new shoping mall</font> <font color="0000ff">is damn crowded!! but sth similar to like....almost the same la, but gt new shops like Japn's UNIQLO (damn long Q when we go see), QUEEN's AVENUE (selling Japan only sellin brands like BURBERRY BLUR LABEL, etc)
Gt time go walk lo..better after sometime..when te faze dies down..</font> =D