(2008) Brides of year 2008

~sblbee~

hehehe cordie,
it's not so scary lah...i guz all guys r like dat, despite they look v tough but when it comes to extraction during facials...they'll b ouch ouch ouch, it's such a funnie scene :p

nelle

Thanks, MeiLinG.
Have start the planning process by creating a file with separation tabs. Also starting to correspond with a few photographers, makeup artists, etc.

Get this, this sounds and is silly. We have yet to inform our parents...hahahaha.....

ryu

hi Cordie,
i'm sure my bf will complain abt the pain too haha... at least i'll get him to use once before he says no thanks XD

hi nelle,
wow, think they'll be shocked when they get the news. hehe i didn't tell my family i was dating till we decided to get married hehe

mage

Stnov, I'm thinking of doing a square 1 fold card, small one, to attach with a ribbon to the hotel chocolate favour. Design will be in line with my invitation card. Toying with the idea of our name on the front, a short love verse/poem/quote on the inside and a "Thank You" to end it off. Something like that.

As for paper, can try glossy paper of about 120gsm. Program use can be Adobe Photoshop.
happy.gif

moments0442

racherly >> me too... i plan to have the PS in end of Feb actually.. but seem that alot of ppl have prepared... kekeke... and also buy ring in june... was thinking Great singapore sales...wahhaha... but if not in time to buy ring then it's terrible... should buy in advance...

princessxiaomei

wow wow wow ... overwhelming~ hehee... so happy that so many of you are here... =) initailly its quite quiet... =X Hmm.. so far what have your done so far?? =P Times flies so fast...

nelle

Hi ryu
hmmm...naughty naughty naughty...

We've been together for 7 years so marriage is a sooner or later thing, just that, the urgency now is because HDB is rushing us for a date as our place is ready!! This will be funny when I look back.

The strange thing is when I was younger, I always wanted a grand expensive wedding. Now that I am 'significantly more mature' (& hopefully wiser), I want a fuss-free simple low budget wedding where guests enjoy the food and laughter.

Tea ceremony, solemnization and dinner all on same day.

queenie10

Xiaolongbao,
tat WG is not bare back wor,i dun have any bare back gown cos mine is bustier type. Only sphag type can have low bare back,mine is only abit bare back.

princess_sue

wah... all the food here is making me hungry.. am craving for korean food again.. hahah hey mei... where is that place..bring me there leh.. i wan to eat..

polar.. ya ... jap food i like too.. i like suki sushi.. coz esp those conveyor.. they have those cheaper version of red plates.. like the tori karage which is the red plate at sakae served only at 1.80 at suki but of coz portion smaller.. but i feel that its more worth it..

i only eat salmon sashimi.. the rest i dare not eat leh.. hahaha..

queenie10

xiaolongbao,
oh r u referring to my outdoor WG?Cos my outdoor WG is totally bare using a think transparent cloth as it back design.There is a V slit in the front center but cover up with a thin cloth, tat is the only outdoor WG tat i can wear cos the other r too short for me, surprisingly alot of positive feebacks abt the WG bcos of the front design.

~sblbee~

hi sue n polarwhite,
no prob...we'll go there nxt time, it's at chinatown...always have to make reservation as it'll b packed cos it's really a small eatery :p
i seldom eat at suki sushi...i like ichiban sushi n kushinbo more, anyway my colleague's nephew owns a jap restaurant at goldhill centre, he got a pte room as well n there's ala carte n ala carte buffet...$30+++ :p

koyoyo

hi meiling n sue
i love korean n jap food best. there is thhis very good korean food at haw par villa it really authentic the side dish alone is enough to fill ur tummy.. but it not convennient went twice either by car or cab.. let me knw if u are keen we go in a cab.... u wldnt regret it... i love kimchi soup for it spicy feel...

koyoyo

i like to go sushi tei or ma maison.. feel latter is a cosy pl .. it french cum jap crusine limited choice but escagot is good...

~sblbee~

hi nelle,
hmm...u r so well-organised, must learn frm u alrdy. wah....it's so cool...hehe, i guz both parents will b shocked or if u r dating for a long time, den it shdnt b a surprise for them
happy.gif

same here, i'll b having my solemnisation, tea ceremony n banquet on d same day too
happy.gif

hi cordie,
i added u on facebook....accept my invitation ok?

~sblbee~

hi koyoyo,
sure no prob, it sounds really gd
happy.gif
im always game to n love to try new things n go to new places so i can bring my fh there to pak tor so he'll have a nice surprise :p

ryu

hi nelle,
hehe, me also solemnisation, tea ceremony but lunch on the same day ^^
same for me, i hope everybody enjoys the lunch and that the mood will be more relaxing ^^

catz_

hey gals! wow, suddenly so many replies!

hi apple_gal, yup, i need to look for my wedding shoes too! and i agree, most of the shoes at Taka are very expensive! i dun think i want to spend so much on the shoes. heee....

hi racherly and moments0442, better buy ur wedding bands ahead about 2 - 3 months in advance! I heard that sometimes they required altering and it may take some time for it to be ready for collection. And especially when the rings are made into quite big most of the time... Hee... I'm going to shop for mine this weekend, cos my ROM will be in Feb.
happy.gif

hi xinyu_reiko, remember to share your beautiful photos with us!!

hi catz_,

Have you decided on your PG yet?

xinyi_reiko,
faster go see, then can post online oso leh...oh...ur BS allow u to "BUY" all the photos back?? as in CD ROM, even the unedited and unchosen ones??

pinkyting

Hi ladies,

Lately super busy so didnt hv time to log on... It seem i miss quite alot hor...

Firstly, Abt T-zone, black heads and 'you pau', all these i oso hv.. keke.. i use Fancl the T-zone clear essence, quite good leh.. den i use Loreal Pure Zone, the facial wash and toner, it help to make ur pores smaller and oil control too.. At this moment, my face in control.. keke.. so maybe anyone can try.. As for the mask hor, my cousin oso using something like that, she oso say good..

Nelle and Ryu naughty leh.. but me oso la.. for my case is we apply flat and htb nvr tell his mum yet.. Oops.. nowadays, young people very bad leh.. keke...

Cordie,

How u know both me and htb is perfectly ok? sometime got hidden fats wan leh.. haha.. my top wear loose abit den nobody can see liao..

Meiling,

I oso duno wat i miss in the hotel details, i havent sign contract yet, they will send to us den i will ask all of u did i miss anything anot.. scare i too excited till forgot.. lol...

Nec,

You shall buy facial products from japan, their are products is good leh.. muz ctrl dt eat so much.. keke.. i say only nia, me oso cannot ctrl when mouth itchy feel like eating snacks.. keke...

Now i want to stop doing any preparation first la, wanna take a break.. but hv to book my church first la.. when my mood is here den i will start.. keke..

cordie

hi ^MeiLinG5^
no prob added u le...

hi nelle, ryu and of cos meiling...
wah i truly envy u guys leh...can have solemnisation and dinner together...same day...sigh...i hope i can do without the dinner ba...and have a lunch like ryu...with tea ceremony...hee

xinyi_reiko

valerie,
this one i never ask leh. will ask abt it on sat. I only know will get back edited ones. I doubt I wont be getting back the softcopy so fast. Got to wait eh.

ryu

Hi Cordie,
hehe i hope you get your way too. don't be sad lar... seperated occasion means more chances for you to dress up in differnt styles? and less stress.

wendily

GND,

May i know how much did u engage for the band? And how many piece band, and the kind of setup for the price u pay?

Thanks!

~sblbee~

cordie,
thanks for adding me!
dun envy, actually fi given a choice, i rather do separate cos wont b too rushed n can have more time to carry out ur program, u oso will have more rest...we possibly have to b madwomen, rushing all over d place :p

flora_bliss

Nelle, ryu and meiling, me too me too having my solemnisation, tea ceremony n banquet all on the same day. I tink I'll be shack out at the end of the day.

Luckily we decided to do away with church ceremony. If not, it'll be a mad rush. But a pity loh, matt's childhood dream no more liao

~sblbee~

flora_bliss,
if both of u r christian, den y not carry out d church wedding? den can skip d morning part....it's always a beautiful n sacred sight to see couples getting married in a church
happy.gif

apple_gal

Hi, valerie
I think is better re-select the outdoor gown till it suit you... Wish you good luck!

Hi, selina
Great! Hope to see your beatiful photo soon. Yes, have already gone for my 1st gown fittings. Have already confirm my AD WG & EG as well as the outdoor gown. MY 1st trial makeup will be on 6th Jan 08 together with the gown fitting. 1 week before my PS.

Hi, ic.didi
I have not choose my PS location yet. Still thinking where to go.. Haha.. I like greenary & beach..

Hi, xinyi_reiko
Do share the photos with us once ready. Also excited for you.
happy.gif

Hi, Catz
Totally agree with you. Hehe, we share the same mind. :p

lara

Hi Catz n apple_gal, u can check out Anna Nucci at Far east plaza n those shops at city plaza, the shoes r very affordable.. most at less than $70 n i think they r pretty nice! i wanted to get a pair at city plaza but it was too high..

i oso didnt wan to spend too much on heels coz i felt that since they will b hidden by the long gowns so wun b too obvious. im actually using 1 pair of heels for ALL my gowns

fruittea80

Hi Summer Ice,

Yeah, those were the same questions I asked my HTB yesterday. Keke, just 'tasked' him to find out more from the HDB personnel. Our understanding is they should still allow us to collect the keys and proceed on the reno as per normal. My contingency plan will be to ROM on an earlier date, perhaps sometime around mid-2008.

For us, we were lucky to secure a new flat in Toa Payoh 1+ year ago. We had both priority as first timers and staying near his parents within 2 km, was told this had given us 4 times the usual chances of balloting. Our Q number wasn't fantastic but we had the opportunity to select a unit on a slightly lower floor. No complaints for the accessibility.

Anyway, good luck for your balloting. The property market is certainly HOT! One of my colleague just shared with me that a friend of hers bought a resale flat (I would assume 5 room) at Buangkok for about $360k! That's really rocket high for the area as compared to few years back.

gingerbread_gal

Hi,
read abt you guys getting a flat before the solemnisation. We're thinking of getting a flat so that after our AD, can immediately stay at new house. But HDB has a rule that must produce the wedding cert withing three months after getting the keys. So we're wondering if we could not get the timing to be just nice such that we can't produce the wedding cert three months after getting the keys, what will happen?

Nelle,
so you will be collecting keys to your flat soon? when is your AD?

I'm also having tea ceremony, solmenisation and high tea reception on the same day....jus wanna do everything on the same day and finish the day early too
happy.gif

hi girls,

i'm thinking of trying out for the T3 photography contest...tomorrow i'll call my BS to see if they can re-schedule my PS and fitting...hopefully can...keeping my fingers crossed...

hey, thanks LoveXiaoLongBao.

I find "alittledream" impressive but i bet will be expensive cos seems like they are very experienced. I dropped them an email to ask abt the price alr. Oh ya, the other one nohighheels group, i contacted them before but need a few more quotes to compare the rate. Cos this is something on budget but i will hope to get one that is within my budget.

happinessbliss

hi icyxiaozhu,

U can try Our Wedding Affairs in Upper Serangoon. I got quite a good deal from the boss.. L@ Belle also has very nice gowns... Initially I love Sophia, but the package is way out of our budget...Then happen to passby Wedding Affairs and sign up with them...

cordie

hi liting
eh...u send us the mail to vote for you regarding the carrefour thing mah...both u and htb look alright mah...
happy.gif

hi meiling
u also look ok mah...y u say u need major reno for yr skin? yr skin look ok and u also dun need lose weight mah....
happy.gif
my facebook no photo de...hee all on friendster...go take a look ba..dun faint hee...was havg a bad breakout then... hahaha

hi ryu
hmm..true do agree that separate means i have more time to prepare and less things to take care of at a time...but seriously, i'm like nelle..wanted everything fuss free and simple...

hi jac...
wat u are doing is wat i wanted leh...simple and nice...sigh..guess i can only envy...i'll most prob be stayg with in-laws cos i wanted new flat..but htb might not want cos BIL also stayg with parents after marriage till they get the flat...i mean i'm ok with it afterall..only go back home sleep mah.. hee hee besides i wanted to get one in the district i wanted...wont mind waiting..have u gotten yr flat yet?

moments0442

Apple_gal>>> Gal! So you went to Fame to fitting already? how issit?!!! Fun??? kekee.... So did they have new arrival for you to choose from??!
You choose to OTR or MTM ur gown? it must be fun choosing from so many gowns... keke

icyxiaozhu

Hi Hapiness&Bliss, thanks =') but serangoon is far away from us.. hahaz.. both of us live in Jurong area.. ya, will put in effort to look ard town or west area =") Glad u found ur BS~