(2006) Brides of year 2006

kar

Hi Wendy,
me looking for affordable accessories. Will join you for the search in april. hee. Btw, i learnt exotic dance too, but still cant dance for FH, am bad in tis. haha. Oh, i jus heard the song 'jia ge wo', nice! the lyric suits a man's commitment to marry a gal, wana use tis song lei, but duno for which part of the wedding, most prob the photo montage ba.

Fi fi,
me also wana buy wedding gift for FH, but no idea wat to get too. hee. FH might be reading tis thread... so dun leak out too much. haha.

Minnie,
me also solemnising on the same day, will hav my solemnisation and matrimony a church nearby my hotel, then walk over for dinner after tat. Btw, u've booked yr JP? thought it can only be done 3mths before the actual day, when we book a date with ROM?

september

sweetkar, if u r solemnising outside, i tink u can file earlier.....do check wif ROM centre.....

and i tink u can booked ur JP earlier....coz some hot JP like David Loh are oredi fully booked till end of 2006....u nv noe...

september

since no one voting for the venue, then we pick MOS lor....btw, anyone noe how and if we can reserved table/seat at MOS?

Cat, we can all mit at PS (or anyway along the NEL line)for dinner then take NEL to clarke quay....ah bor liang court there like nthing to eat leh.....

Application are still open for registration of Oct Bride party on 31st March....

Date : 31st March Friday Venue : MOS
1) Diana
2) Elsie
3) Cat
4) Sweet Kar
5) Fifi
6) Pauline
7) Dwarfs
8) Moninet
9) Cecilia
10)Tansy

All candidates pls email me your mobile no. at [email protected]

So far, i only hv Elsie, Cat, Moninet, Tansy and Cecilia hp no....the rest, pls remember to email me ok....

moninet, do u hv my hp no.? if dun hv then i will sms u.....let me noe.....

elven_princess

jingles,
No lah, where got siao..i think its cute leh, to take your PS at a bustop. I ever saw a montage photo where the bride has her pic on a bustop poster (dunno how the photographer photoshopped it)& her hubby was admiring the model in the poster (his wife). hee. I may be doing a pre-wedding video in coffee place too, perhaps with casual clothes.
happy.gif
I think nowadys couples dont so the conventional type of pics anymore, can go wherever your imagination takes u! :p

lipstar

Hazel: That song for the Lee Hwa advert is "There She Goes" by SixPence None the Richer.

Jean: Later passing him the songs & photo for our photo montage.

jiamin_loh

Da Man - very confused hor...
sad.gif
need to check it out again...when is your PS???

RainQQ - last time, me also short hair 1 then after that quite sianz...now got long hair, more styling...
happy.gif

pony_pang

Hi wendy & diana,
Me also have a budget of $50 each. I think is too little to help them. I have 6 jie mei few of them earn big bucks so they want to have theme, while the rest just started working or studying so tot of helping them by paying a bit for them. As for xiong di most of them is helping out by driving so wanted to give them something nice and useful. (At first want to give $$ but like not sincere so....)

sdblues

morning ladies..

suishi, ur office no gahment hor.. then start revolting for 12 month bonus lor :D

on my renov, just finished liasing on her contract price liao.. so we shud be starting vy vy soon :D

jmonster

timmin,

think the shop whr u buy the furniture frm, they will help u to remove the built in bedframe...normally tats the case, remember to bargain if they want to charge u... but normally free

pinkbunny

lipstar
you go to holy family? your wedding will be there? i used to be part of the saturday evening choir
biggrin.gif
i LOVE red house. many of my school time dates were there. keke. i've been going there since i was a kid. what a shame that it's now gone
sad.gif

chin mee chin is happening too, but not the same la.

jean, how come you know the shops there? you east side girl too? yay another savoury fare kaki!
bounce.gif
which did you take? also the nice mini hearts?
happy.gif

oh by the way girls, i'm at HOME now and i woke up at 11am
proud.gif
MIL arrived last night at midnight and we spent so much time talking (bluebunny talk, me falling asleep) that we got home at 3am

chillipadi25

elven - :p yeah good idea!!!! can also do it...but must think of something original.. what is a pre-wedding video? u mean something like a MTV which they air before the wedding dinner?

angeldust

wah wah wah.. so many posts.. fainted..

panda - toss a coin and let GOD decide.. ha ha ha ha ha ha

for the hair thing, i find short hair can be arranged to have hair extensions or wig to look long, as for long hair, wear wig to make it look short but.. i prefer my OWN hair.. ke ke ke ke ke :p

on progress package - got the mail but haven open.. so ya.. shall do that when i more free. took one whole sunday to file income tax.. oredi make me *puke blood*.. ha ha ha ha ha so such things shall be left on a leisurely sunday to decide..

pre wedding video - nice idea but must get a good VG to do it and editing must be good otherwise will become like those cheesy KTV MTV.. thats in my opinion lah.. :p

jiamin_loh

Jingles - how much you be paying for pre-wedding video cos my VG charge me about $200 - $300...( Yeah, its actually a MTV - outdoor shoot, you can make use of your trial make up for the shoot...
happy.gif
Its normally before 2nd march in...
happy.gif

jmonster

timmin,

my hubby hv painted the room, removed all the 'rubbish' accumulated for the past few yrs.. heee
the new bed frame will be sent to his place next Sat.. then next friday the technician will come to his place to fix up all the lights/lamps/ceiling fan.... i guess by then almost done liao... only left with pillows/bedsheet stuff

timminbuzz

jmon..wow...cool!!!! i won't be taking my keys till end of may earliest. praying really hard that we can get things done by wedding date.

lipstar

Sigh... another hiccup. yesterday flower girl & pageboy can't make it for church rehearsal.

Now my cousin who agreed 2 mths ago to be driver on the big day drive the photog, videog & bridesmaid not free anymore to drive them from morning to afternoon. I got to find another driver with a car oredi.
kao_sad2.gif

lipstar

pinkbunny: I don't go to Holy Family. My sis-in-law stays near there. She goes to that church.

I used to be an East side girl. I was born in Joo Chiat, stayed there til 1997 then moved to Choa Chu Kang, cos my mum can't get along with my grandma.

jmon..
wa..u're so lucky.. me & hubby also split the cost..but he also pay more lor..heez..cos he earning more ma..

timmin,
u can only get the key in end may?? then how u reno ur new in such a short time frame??found all the contractors liao huh?

gera,
ha..cos i want to find something purple & cheap at the same time..so initially we tot of DIYing purple sweets packets lor..save money & at the same time can match my theme ma..

hey ladies,
do u think the list is abit too long huh(as in the width)?? it widens the entire screen..now whenever i read the msgs i need to scroll sideways leh.. do u girls experience that?? or is it me only?? if its really the list, may i suggest taking out the column "studio/outdoor photoshoot"?

jmonster

ic, mine home will be ready in 2010 or earlier... gotta wait liao.....

if u get the keys by end of May, got enuff time to do renovations? or u skip the reno?

tissuebox1

kao_frustrated.gif

my HB went to collect the inserts then called and ask why the gap to write the name is so small. if write eng name is ok but chinese name may be difficult.

that time do the draft show him say ok ok, now then ask me how.
why like that??

for those who have not start printing, pls take note

greekgal

hi tissuebox
thanks for the pics. very nice! u have a great figure and sweet smile. wow, u spent a bomb on ur PS pics also yeah..hee..

oh dear, i got my cards but forgot to check if space is enough for names..faint.will check tonight. thanks for sharing..

hi higglegy
i wana see ur pics also..
happy.gif

[email protected]

xie xie!

snowy_casper

hello all,
want to check with your... do all of you know your partner salary+commitment payment etc?

do all of you hv join a/c to pay all the exp?
or all payment paid by hubby?

greekgal

hi angel
i've seen ur pics too. wow, ur eyes are soooo huge! u look like those hongkong actress. hee..

hi gintonic
ur wedding card is so unique. mine is red card with gold hotstamping..glad that i dont have to spend time to tie knot, fold inserts, etc..hee..

gs1979

tissuebox, which printer did u send ur cards to?? why they nvr anticipate that wont hv enuff space for writing...? btw, my printer is jasvy and hv oso heard bad comments abt their service level. But luckily we din encounter such incident. I guess the printer itself muz b able to provide us with some advices...the red ink hotstamping was suggested by the boss.

gs1979

Hey angel & greekgal, tks tks!! i paid an extra of $20 for 200pcs cos mine is red ink hotstamping. if use gold or silver ink, it will be f.o.c...but dun look v clear. scare my guests got prob reading the details...u noe lah, there r alot of pple who wil give "negative" comments when it comes to weddg preparations.

so funny...i got a fren who is married told me that its too early for me to send out invites cos i intend to post out either end this week or early next week. confused leh
kao_confused2.gif

jeanng79

pinkbunny,

ya la, me trained to be east side gal cos FH stays east side ma.. Somemore, last tme he ah beng always go there play billard..hahha so quite know that area lor..

Mother-in-law come liao..uh-oh, u gotta BEHAVE liao..heheh :p

kaye

*yawn....
Morning called my htl coordinator to confirm my wedding favors, table linen, which florist to choose., etc...
Then gt a call from Robinsons.
cs I complained them on the mattress delivery.
They didnt wrapped up nicely & its just deliver to us like tat
Ther person is rude & said there's no compensation. Only can return us the money...
hey, my mattress for the same model had increased the price by $600~800. Then how can he compensate that? He said he will ask the supplier for exchange. Then I asked him when can it be delivered? N what if there's no stock available. He asked me NOT to press him for an answer.
Am I asking too much? What if its after my An Chuan date? After An Chuan, then chg to a new mattress? if that's the case, why bother to an chuan...
He said dun press him, he cant suggest anything till he asked the supplier for stock availbility.

Seems like I got alot of prob from reno, wedding prep, etc..

kaye

Jean,
Our pinkbunny will be very well-behaved..
see that she can sleep while they are talking..
"so nice" of her tatshe dun want to disturb their conversation.
heheheee...........

babygera

jasmine, icic....u and ure hb discuss about it first lor but dun drag too long hehe cos if u want all purple soap i gotta request from the guy earlier
happy.gif

timminbuzz

jmon & jas...
the home doesn't need reno. It's quite nicely done up. I just need a fresh coat of paint and removal of bedrm fittings. might get a friend to provide us with some wallpaper and create feature walls in the living and bedrm. That shld do the trick. haha...

As for the furniture...we'll just get the neccessities atm and buy the rest along the way.

u gals think it's enough time? To paint and do feature wall by wedding date?

bigbig

Hi Sweet Kar,

you are right that you can only file for marriage 3 mths b4 but you can starting sourcing for JP liao...

FYI - JP David Loh already booked all the way till 2007.

So act fast k !!! Can get list of licensed JP from ROM website.

Hope this helps.

tiki

Hey Gals!
Haven't been back to this thread for a long time now, too busy with moving office etc etc...secretarial job s*cks!

FINALLY, my photoshoot is coming! Can't wait to have fun...

Any gals out there wanna show yr pics to me?

Lyn, enjoy yr Perth trip, lots of nice views and it will definitely be different! Lucky you!

Hmm...51 more days to AD! Anyone has any idea when invites should be sent out?

And how long in advance to AD do you gals have yr final meeting with the hotel?

bigbig

eh, wendy - so when is the jewellery trip???

wic sat / fri would that be???

I personally prefer Sat cos most prob I will not be required to wk. Do let me know again...

bigbig

my solemnisation would be b4 my wedding dinner, thus not in the function room itself...

but headache is that my FH can only leave his hse after 9am. Thus this leaves us with about 6 hours in btw b4 reaching hotel to rest (maybe no time to rest too) & wait for MUA to come & etc...

need to double chk if MUA is coming to my hotel for MU or ot...

sigh
sad.gif

timmin,
think shld be can la..but muz do it fast fast..get all the paints & equipment ready ist then start doin once u rec'd the keys..set deadlines for all the things that needs to be done..

gera:
okie..i'll let u know soon..have emailed my frens..need to wait for them to reply too..

gs1979

tiki, me meeting my coordinator mid next mth to finalise all d details. 1 week before AD to confirm the no. of tables.

so happy for u leh...PS coming. rem to sleep early and dun drink too much water d day before!!
happy.gif

chillipadi25

samantha - hmmm not me taking the pre-wedding lar :p its elven and asking elven what is it used for. Oh yeah hor good idea can use the trial make up for it- if not waste of make up also.....so which VG u using...can let me know? thanks
happy.gif