(2006) Brides of year 2006

springbride

Hi Bliss,
Luckily both my HB & I are Hokkien, shd be easier to decide on the GDL stuff I guess... I agree with Peggy that the things you have sound like Hokkien leh.

Hi marchbride,
Hope to see your completed ring pillow soon. Jiayou! I'm supposed to start work on my Guest book and ang pow box, but have yet to buy the materials...Lazy...Bumming away the last few days of holidays.

Hi gals,
I also got another idea to share. Me doing a scrapbook of my love story with HB to give him when he comes to pick me up from mum's place. It's as a token of love from me after he kena sabo by my jiemeis.

Hi Augustina,
Where is Daiso? I'm not buying the ready-made ang pow box, too ex lah. Intend to make it myself with lace and ribbons.

september

ya...the feeling of one load off the mind is so gd...kekeke...u jia you ok...quick quick hv a estimate of the no. of table and start narrowing down ur list on the venues....tink u shld book ur banquet first b4 the BS...since Oct 2006 r 'hot' mth for wedding...;-)

kaye

hey,
I was thinking if I sld go to my new hse today...
Or shld I go tmr?
cos today the lights would be delivered after 12pm.
Initially I tot of going there tmr morning, take the measurement of the things needed..
then go Ikea to buy the things.
So that the workers can still install the things for me such as the mirror in the toilet & WIW.
else I scared it will be difficult to call them to do these things for me.

But now I dun wish to go OG..dunno where to go now...
Now slowly checking my office emails...hitting 90 today...

preci0usm0ments

<font color="aa00aa">sorry tazy i missed your post earlier :p 500+ is opposite the golf area near the mrt stn
happy.gif
got mosque at sembawang meh? sorry ah.. as usual... i only know how to walk home from mrt stn.. dun even know the blocks next to mine hahahha BLUR as usual :p

yup yup, unit is ready
happy.gif
will officially move in next year
happy.gif
</font>

axl

Hi Smallgirl, Starrynight, Bluegal &amp; Berry,
I have sent. Its a few photos as I do not know how to create a link.

Hi Linda,
Thanks for saying I'm "Beautiful" Ha!
It makes my day today. Yeah!

merryberrys

axl, thanks for sharing...ur pics r v nice... ur hair very long right? where u took ur PS? very nice in the water...
which one is ur AD WG? is the the one with yellow backgrd?

axl

Photos are tiny in my CD.
Not sure why but when I look thru' the photos, all of it are very small.
I really "abused" my outdoor gown on my PS. Lots of mud, wet and torn at the bottom! Hee..

kaye

hey,
I was thinking if I sld go to my new hse today...
Or shld I go tmr?
cos today the lights would be delivered after 12pm.
Initially I tot of going there tmr morning, take the measurement of the things needed..
then go Ikea to buy the things.
So that the workers can still install the things for me such as the mirror in the toilet &amp; WIW.
else I scared it will be difficult to call them to do these things for me.

But now I dun wish to go OG..dunno where to go now...
Now slowly checking my office emails...hitting 90 today...

merryberrys

axl, i going thru the table list for jan 06 bride... realise u r 8 jan too... same s me,linda,snowy &amp; daphne,and a gal xinxin....
u still going bali for HM?
linda u going europe for HM? which part of eur?

qq77

AXL,

you really looks beautiful. true from my heart...
happy.gif

berry,

ya.. planning to go europe, but think will most probably be going in March or April.
still planning the route.

jan193

thks chomecc.. but seems like cant rest much today.. later gg for my mani n pedi appt liao while my FH go gym.. aft tt we gg to wash car n then gg to do our "Just Married" car sticker.. his sis is gg to deco our car tonite hee

then gotta meet my emcees for final discussion

pudgyme

hi peggy &amp; spring, hehehe :p
me need the silicon bra to enhance the area so tat it wont look tat fake for my EG or WG.. hehe i underst tat additional padding can be added, but i tink hor, it may look v fake for me if the area has nothing, eg: fats, oni chest ribs/ bones..

hmm... since you have tried U-Me bra, i tink i will buy this too.. at least this is tried &amp; tested heehee
happy.gif

Hi augustina, ya loh~ u noe, i started to change my mind to DIY angpow box + wrist corsages when i see all yr interesting comments &amp; advice.. am excited to DIY.. sounds fun~

will show u all the pics when i hv completed the corsages.. haha

ahmei

hi are the BMW and Jag from the BS shop? rented? or ur own...

cocoberry, mine is mid Feb 05..some people do it in March 05, as long as about 3 months lead time is usually fine (that's wat the photographer says)

angeldust

Hi little twn stars,

had advise some btbs earlier on this issue before..
purple and bsproffy may find me lor sor but gonna repeat..ha ha ha ha ha

it depends on wat is ur preferred overall look for your wedding. The lists below are mainly designer BS and its mainly my opnion only. It does not naturally reperesent the BS. (must state this lest the BSes sue me for stereotyping ke ke ke ke ke)

Princessy/elegant look - classic gown types, ball gowns usually simple duchess satin
1) crystals / beadings try Bridal Veil. Amanda Lee.
2) embrodery direct on duchess satin, try Ted Wu

Romantic look - usually using soft fabrics like organza
1)frills and soft organzas, try Divine Coutre, Kai Bridal etc
2)Full Lace - most BS can do only need to top up.
3) Lace applique - Kai, Amanda Lee

Mod/Flamboyant Look - usually duchess satin with feathers etc..
1) Tan Yoong, Francis Chong, Federick Lee
2) The Wedding Present - this one added in here cos I saw they begun to do interesting twists to the duchess satin fabric recently. eg the recent gown on her world brides cover where the satin fabric is twisted into a circle.

Another thing to consider is when visiting BS, pls look at both WG and EG. Most btbs get overwhelmed by the WG and overlook the EG part which most BS will give whereas WG is on rental basis only.

Hope this helps!
happy.gif

augustina

Hi Spring,
Daiso is at IMM. level 2. I hv not been there yet to see.
But i got email from another gal selling the ang bao box, u wan to hv a look. I can forward the mail to u.

Hello Charsiew,
Waiting to see ur masterpieces.

Hello Gal,
I wan to ask anyone can recommend me where to go for body waxing. cos my back is very ugly.think of waxing my back.

lipstar

Hazel: Thanks for the suggestions. I'm only willing to spend about $40 - $70 for wedding shoes, since I only get to wear it once. Although silver is more versatile and can be worn again to future wedding dinners (bride not me of course
rofl.gif
), I tend to be more partial to white shoes
kao_love.gif
for my WG.
kao_clap.gif

I will check out Tangs and Heatwave.

IKEA, dunno yet. Will let you know when we are going down.
happy.gif

Idyll: Essex Walk, on ah! Go see see look look.
lol.gif
Next week after work so far no appointment yet, so you girls decide which day is more convenient.

patali

HI Charsiew
when my PS pics ready I let you see...hehee actually the little bit of extra padding ok lar...imagine I only 37kg leh....totally flat and bony...it's also easier to change from WG to EG and I can jump around not worried about dropping :p....juz a little paiseh when the BS coordinator help me change...cos I was braless hehehe

axl

Berry,
I went to P.Ubin. My actual gown is the one with the yellow background. U are so right!
Yeah, we are the 8 Jan brides!!!
Not sure about Bali. No money go Europe. Ha! Envy Linda.
I plan to go Hongkong Disneyland.

Linda, thank you huh.

My wedding cards will be ready 10-Nov. Time to do some work. Buy stamps and mail out.

How do you ladies confirm the attendance? Call our guests one by one?

tanel

Hello ATI! Yes yes yes, i am a margaret's bride and if u ask me, i say go for her! she is worth every cent...her gowns i mean. she is reeeally nice and reeeallly takes care of her brides
happy.gif
Yes, if u like lace, she is THE woman to go. I got german lace for meself. Yesh, she is abit costly, but if u do a diy package, u can always play around with other expenses like take a more economical photographer and videographer and stuff. alright alright, i admit im a little bias.

waaa, i lost u gers already. so many postings and i only have time to glance through...wats going on man???

merryberrys

axl.. ya i rem many 8 Jan brides here...
oh pulau ubin...no wonder i still thinking how come the place unfamiliar one... i like those in water one... v nice... hee...
alot pple cancel bali trip hor? going hk? good also... a short getaway to reward urself after so many preps...
i actually sms my friends 1 mth ago to confirm their attendance... relatives side difficult to confirm..some told me they cannot make it liao...

qq77

AXL,
dun mention.

don' envy me lah, "cikali", after my dinner, make a loss, in the end can only afford to go m'sia leh. kekekekeke....

newbbi,
reno, at the moment, not so busy.
cos ID have not finshed certain retification.

tissuebox

hi all

went for my WG and trial make up last week end...will post the photo for u all to see once i have upload them...

my PS on 19 Jan

qq77

newbbi,
have not buy anything yet. wanna wait for the hand over 1st, totally finished 1st then i will go get all the stuff for cleaning.

think all the cleaning is not a prob for me lah, cos i am a housework person. have been doing it since very young. so not really that worry loh.

merryberrys

linda... u really housework person? i not lo...
but something i cannot understand... my MBR i never open window... but every few days can see dust collecting.. i really dunno y like that...
u settle all ur wedding stuff liao? i think plus ur hse u will b v busy these 2 mths...

charmingpiglet

Hi ladies,

Thank you for all your feedback and comments on the bridal services. I shall find out more when I have time to visit them.

Hi Bear,
My banquet is yet to be confirmed. However, most likely, it will be at the grand ballroom of Meritus Mandarin as I have about 50 tables! Sighz..didn't want such a big wedding but no choice :p

Hi Diana,
It's a good deal at Crown. I might have considered it it's big enough for my 50 tables and that they have my date! :) Too bad!
All the prices at the hotels are so expensive! I heard that it is especially so in 2006! as some may put on their weddings for 2005 on hold coz of some blind year thingy in 2005.

Any one have any recommendations for a good full leather sofa set? Any shops? I went to a few but can't find satisfactory ones..

How about photographers? Anyone heard of Sam Wong? How's his works?

Yeah, the weekend is coming again. Enjoy your weekends ladies.

Cheers!
yahoo

qq77

hee... ya can call me a housewife... kekekke...

there will always be dust even when you dun open your window. it might be from your furniture or curtains. of cos there are other factors that contribute to dust (sound like an expert hor) kekekeke...

if you are near to the road, there will be more dust. another factor is that our windows are not air tight kind so that might be another reason for the house to be dusty.

wedding stuff, more or less settled. think will be busy from next week bah. hee...

lipstar

Hazel: I think El meant that she can scout around herself for more economical photographers.

Wah! Just now met my Director in the toilet, so scared man. Didn't dry my hands, I ran out of the toilet oredi.
uhoh.gif

september

yahoo, i tink amara can take 50 table u want to check it out? they will hv a wedding show on 26th nov and their price is below $800/table lor...

merryberrys

u really sound like housewife...hahaha
thats good nxt time i can ask u for help liao...
the dust thing u maybe right... i quite sianz to see the dust every few days...
dunno how to solve this... only way is wipe every few days...
guess i b busy too... still got a list of things i haven done... b4 AD, need to clean the whole hse again too

suishi

hi augustina,

do u have the address or rough guideline where those shops located?

hi AXL,
thank. got yr photos.

Very nice, i like those taken in the beach.

charmingpiglet

Thanks Diana.

I will discuss with my husband and see what he says. However, just worried that the day, our ROM date is not available you see.

Cheers!
yahoo

qq77

berry,
kekekekeke... i am a cleanliness freak, that's y, i know quite a lot of housework thingy!!!

That's also explain y, i had tiles for my whole house. its make my job easier, cos parque needs a lot of maintaence. and also my whole house is painted white. kekekeke...