(2005) Brides of year 2005

gin

Sierra,
Hehehee...you have a very 'fortunate' look! Heee....so cute! :D Your red gown is very nice! The color is fresh and it suits u alot! :D It covers those place need to cover and expose those no need! Hehehee..and the gown also have slimming effect! Hehehe..
Lastly..the back very slim leh! :p

fifidoog

hey jelly,
yah both MTM. EG i will keep. WG i think i'll keep it too. but probably have to pay another few hundred dollars.

hey pigger,
yeah i think that tone is about right?!
happy.gif
beading for both have to be done, not up yet.

hey janice!
i went looking for the hairpin shop today. but cant find leh. when you say north bridge road, do you mean south bridge rd? that stretch near boat quay? anyways there's like quite a few, i went into all, but dont have!?
sad.gif
sad.gif

apostles

Hi YSL,

WOW your honeymoon sounds fun and romantic. So sweet that it was love at first sight.

Hi choc,
So it has aldo been quite a while that you know your FH. Yep i will go to Hunter Valley the next time i go Sydney. Will drive up to the vineyards and enjoy the scenery and wine and cheese... (yearning to go for a holiday)

Hi Cute Miffy.

OH MY GOD... You are one of the rare and fortunate ladies to actually marry your "qing1 mei2 zu2 ma3". So lucky. Must have really treasure this relationship

mehmeh_lim

Hi Pigger

I booked Scarlet when they still had promo rates. $150+++, so came up to $180 or so..
I like the big peony lah, actually not much choice coz only 1 shop was open tt day when I went down.

Thanks for the compliments on the CS & WG. WG with ribbon in front is for AD, CS is for tea-dress (made with a seamstress), EG is more for PS may use for AD. WG at botanic gdns is outdoor WG.

iggy17

hi gals,
had sent the links to a couple of u whom I already had the emails, hope I din leave out anyone....pls check and let me know...cheers!

icy

tougei,
Yap.

Sharlene,
So far me no problems.. I have abt estimate number of 450 guests and cards I printed abt 290 cards. Hotel wont charge u extra if U take the additional cards by adding additional tables. :p

It is a trade off lor, dunno leh, I thought better than giving the hotel too many tables.. unless u sure u can fill up. what u can do is go through ur list and count how many minimum guests u have.. (those who die die will come one), It really helps. Else use inserts, print more inserts and then when not enough cards, get from hotel

panggou

hi daphne, i am flying in the afternoon around 3pm heheh i more worried cos my mum is going, i worried that we may have toa light from the plan and walk the long stairs down, do you think it will happen? i worried about my mum cos she has hypertension and did not take plane for a long time.

hi caityln, yeap i agree with your family leh holi more ex. but can use the time for er4 ren2 shi4 jie4. i read in the thread of my crazy MIl, make me worried leh, to see some MIL following to stay even on wedding night at the hotel. so better treasure times

dolphin48

ha ha...winnie! i was reading that thread too.....cos i'll be staying with MIL for a period of time till we sort of found our own place.....scary rite based on what was written there....

Not sure about the stairs...the other time i took valueair to jkt, i don't remember the long stairs though...not sure about HK. I only remember the air stewardess singing to us in plane. it's a very relaxed and casual feeling with valueair.

chanol

hi gals,

Glad to see tat its a busy street today....

Pierced, u're right...I can't find time to come in e thread during wkends...so ocuppied with many things..housework, shopping?? hee...

Caitlyn, SK2...Yeah, we weren't tongue tied at all but instead are "fighting" for opportunity to talk...haahaa...Watashi, gd idea...I juz show them the desserts we had tat day...make them drool...=p

Highness, yeah..we might bump into each other again in Sant. No news for my MTM yet...will contact them soon..

ashie, no lah...not ma fan lah...u hv to decide e colour of ur EG eventually..we r all here to share our wiews...issit? =)

Winnie, wow u r another one going on tour too....aiyoh, I so envy....too much influence here alr. haha... Sorry, can't contribute much on e hotel u staying..but as for e current weather, u may wish to bring a cardigan while u shop...The weather is cooling in tis period..but u'll probably use it in e evening.

Sorry if I left anybody out....

sharlene

Icy,
That means u having 45 tables? I have confirmed 35 tables excluding reserve though we invited 400 guest. Hotel only gv us 250 cards. For extra cards, they do charge as their cards were outsourced by American wedding treasure and each card is quite ex. I already negotiated from original 50% to 70 percent invites. Mine is hot stamping thus no inserts. Our guest are mostly colleagues and friends, relative less than 8 tables only thus need to use alot of cards.

pierced22

caitlyn, yup true abt wedding being the one to experiment with something diff. guess we will hv to try and see how the diff colours will suit us. hee...coz sometimes the colours really i thk dun suit mi. or the dresses i see for the EG. act in the mags, i hardly can find any EG that i really like yet.
ashie, heh heh...i thk i sama like u , appt only in may, so by the time really get down to toking to designer, will be mid may? unless i rush the BS.

HK is nice! so gd...u gals all gg on shopping trips like BKk and HK. sigh...only can envy u...haha
hey can get very nice & cheap kuas there too besides CS...better den the ones BS usually provide. coz mi grandauntie got it fr there for her daughters and i intend to borrow it fr her too.

choc_cowgirl

hi girls, my first fitting is in 4 weeks, but I can't seem to find any shoes that I like and is of the right height. I can't remember how many weeks it takes for paradox to finish a pair of MTM shoes. Any idea?

highness

Hi VJ! long time no "see".. haha..

yah, it does come in different sizes.. from A to D. yalor, this one oso got a clip in front.. ur EG cannot put padding ar? my EG cannot.. front part got a translucent V shape thus cannot put padding..

sierra

jtan: sent to that address already
happy.gif
pls check
jelly: i send to you already leh...can u check?

pigger: yupz, my EG is a 2-piece...it's for keeps, so i'm planning to cut the skirt short after the wedding :p

got your pics as well
happy.gif
the blue CS gown looks very unique...u can carry CS well
happy.gif
which one is your actual day WG??

mehmeh: got your pics too! notice your WG has 2 ribbons, was that intentional? you have nice shoulders, i prefer the high collar piece though, i think that shows off your shoulders nicely...

Gin: thanks
happy.gif
I like the red colour too

piggersorous

Sierra
oic.. tats a gd idea..so good, u get to keep ur gowns..
i hv not chosen my AD WG yet.. actualli the gown selections was meant jus for my PS .. its jus tat i paid extra $$ for the blue CS after tryin tat gown.. and the BS told me if im interested, they will let me use it for PS AND AD, tats y i took it.. I shld b choosin my AD WG and EG smtm in June or July
kao_clap.gif

panggou

HI daphne, please pardon me for my suakuness hehehe, but hor, you know if we take flight, tehr is a connecting path that we can walk from airport into the plane right??

the tour agency told me that for value air maybe need to change to bus when we reach HK leh, that means touch down, have to switch to bus then can reach the main airport, not sure if it is liek that.

Hi chanol, actually dont want to go one cos cannot really afford it, now i have to postpone my purchase of wine first. but my parents ask for it so i intend to take them out first, more impt.

ohh yo mean it will be cool? my hubby told me he hates going during this period as it will be very very hot, so it is not true right?? sorry again suaku.

pierced, you mean can get cheap CS??? i am hoping leh. but hor, i going GHA on this friday for fitting and empire to look-see. if nothing much in GHA, I may go back to empire to buy on 5th may when i am on leave. hmm but that is before my trip so not sure if i should wait.

dolphin48

winnie, err......not too sure about that cos i only took once with valueair to jkt and i didn't need to take the bus. it's possible that you need to take bus to reach airport...

sierra

jtan: have resent u the link, please check...

I like your EG...u look good in it
happy.gif
Say, are they going to adjust the Halter straps? Maybe it's the camera angle or if it's intentional, the first pic of your EG, the right strap looks low than your left...

your WG very sexy ya!! is the bare back netting going to have anything???

Pigger: which PS are u with?

fifidoog

hey sierra,
thanks, sorry for the trouble. no access to internet email in office so i gotta check when i get home
happy.gif

hehe... ok i will note the straps, yeah, but it's not fixed yet so it was only pinned on at the time.

the bare back netting will have some of the same embroidery as on the rest of the WG.
happy.gif
cant wait to see yours. cos i really wanted TWP. in the end took sil cos they had something like my WG on display so i was really comfortable with that. but anything from TWP excites me
happy.gif

sierra

jtan: sure, no worries...i think sil are good with their bustiers, their cutting are ok

think twp doing well...when i went for my fittings, there were a lot of ppl..

piggersorous

hey JTan
Sil has alot of variety of men's shirts? R they OTR or MTM? I saw from the bridal mag tat theres quite a few nice men's shirts... but nw i start to wonder if they r OTR or MTM.. btw, ani idea roughly hw much one costs?

Gin,
ok, will send them to u in awhile
happy.gif

dear99

hi gers,

oh so u all can tak pics of ur wedding bands ;) as for mi my PS is over but i havn't get mt rings yet will be getting it before my rom which is 5May'05.

piggersorous

sierra
heee.. its ok, no probs.. hmm yep yep, i stick the hollywood tape.. but dunoe isit coz i nvr stick properly or wat, then one side stick, one side nvr stick to my skin.. hahaha

wtan

Hi hi cu2nite..
Really thk u very much for helping us to organize the gathering, very pie-say to trouble u & thks for all..hopefully next mth we can meet up¡Kcheers~

Hi hi janice..
Thks for sharing the photos of the pearl pins with it, really appreciate u for taking the photos, very worth for $4 leh, how do u intend to pin it on? Care to share? Do they come in big packs or just one piece by one piece? I will try to find time to check it out the store..thks!

Hi hi jTan..
Can u email to me at [email protected]? Me wanna have a look at the gown too..thks!

Hi hi ww¡K
Thks for taking time to take the photo of the umbrella..i think u can consider to use it if ur parents are ok to use it..guess the effect will be very unique lor..i like the lace part..very ye-shanghai style..heehee..

Hi hi mehmeh..
Can I also check if u will be gg to tailor-made another CS from the lady in tamp? Care to share with me the journal platform u did for ur wedding preps? Thks! My email is [email protected]

Hi hi sierra..
Can I also have a look at ur 1st fitting? Thks! My email is [email protected]

wtan

hi hi ladies...
sorry that i m unable to make it for the gathering last fri night, i left the office at ard 11+..so sorry for it..guess everyone must have a enjoyable night together...

hi hi angela..
thks for organising the gathering..appreciate that..thks!

sierra

tyng: i've sent you the link too...pls check.

Gin: did u share with us you pics??? dun remember seeing anything from your end
happy.gif

fifidoog

yeah yeah pigger,
where hollywood tape! i definitely need!
happy.gif

actually i din ask about mens shirt. we'll be getting our own. it's quite cheap to tailor make, around 80-120 per shirt. we go to oxford tailor @ OUB ctr. otherwise, i heard peninsula plaza got one cheaper.

wendy,
you have mail.

ash_

highness,
yah lor i also say.. still headache abt color cos so many pple are telling me got to get a strong color cos im the bride plus ballroom gonna be v grand so cannot look too pale.. but i still like pastel colors leh... *stress* hahaha...

oh i see.. maybe i can go check it out aft my design is out.. secali dont even need.. but i dont think so cos i'd def want a bare-back gown! hahaha... hey ur EG designed alr is it? or u took OTR?

hi virgo,
errr... but if u quite big alr then cleavage shd not be too hard to create right??
biggrin.gif

hi ming,
oh i see.. well even if u go F&E still can go these two places cos very fast by train. oh u going japan for HM... me still dunno where im going. my fh is the beach bum type so he's keen on the maldives. ive seen nice photos from some of the brides who've been so quite looking forward too.. so guess we shd be headed there.. hehe. but accomodation's so exp.. sigh... thot shd be super cheap aft the tsunami...

piggersorous

hi sierra
i bot it from CK Tangs, its at the cashier counter at the lingerie section... cozts $19.90 (if i dun rem wrongly) and has abt 36 tapes.. quite gd lar..

JTan,
ermmm u mean 'wear hollywood tape' or u were asking 'where hollywood tape?'.. sorries, me confused, dunoe wich one u askin.. heee
oic.. i saw the mags and found their design quite nice.. my hb size quite easy to find a OTR shirt so we nt tat keen to tailor make..so thot if their shirts r OTR, we mite wana drop by to take a look one of these days.. otherwise, we jus stick to his fav brand - raoul.. hahaha.. actualli nw tinkin to tailor-make a suit...
happy.gif

icy

Sharlene,
My max table can be 45 tables, but I only confirming abt 36 tables now.. my invite cards is like 80% and they give me some extras so I have 290 cards in total. I thought if u further confirm more tables.. then they can give u more cards FOC?

ash_

highness,
ei i wanted green leh!! hahahaa... but my mum n bf says it may make me look pale.. so jia lat hor.. hahahhaha... was contemplating just wearing my WG tro'out.. but that wld be b-o-r-i-n-g....

hi caitlyn,
yah.. but his place is in the north n my parents requested we move near them.. my fh agreed on condition tt he sells his place.. so now got to sell that place first lor.. that's my prob! sighz. act the sad thg is tt he's spent a bomb on reno to do it up, with interior designer n all.. so quite heartpain to sell also... tt's why evtime i hear some of them got new place, doing up the place.. always feel very happy for them.. wish i were in that stage too..
happy.gif

daphne,
oh really?? im thinking of turquoise too.. but maybe i lil more to the green side... but may make us look pale leh... how ah?

pierced,
errr.. ur apptmt is not the same as 'talking to designer'??? mine's mid may lor.. so we abt the same time ya.. so exciting rite?? esp cos me cant decide on color so waiting to hear wat my designer has to say...
happy.gif

gin

Hi pigger,
Heee..you are another pretty lady! :p I like ur WG....how come you got so many WG? :p Ur blue CS also very unique leh..is tat your WG, EG or tea dress? :p Hehehee..how come din see ur hubby in those pics? Anyway which white gown is ur WG? Hehehe...thanks for sharing!

piggersorous

Gin,
kao_blush.gif
Dun like tat say lar.. me will shy wan.. heee
my BS gave me 6 styles/gowns.. i chose two traditional ones then 3 WG and 1 more EG.. then plus i paid extra for tat blue CS so they agreed to give me 7 styles lor.. heeee
happy.gif
Im intendin to use the blue CS as my EG.. ermm, ive nt chosen my AD WG.. still got another AD EG to choose oso.
kao_wink.gif

din see HB coz all those fotos taken wen i went to select gowns mah.. me tryin gowns, he din try so nvr take foto of him lor..
lol.gif

wtan

hi hi sierra..
thks for sharing with me ur 1st fitting...when will u be taking ur PS? i have also replied to ur email...cheers~

hi hi jtan..
thks for sharing ur 1st fitting photos with me..i tried to reply to u but seems like ur mailbox is full..wonder if u have any other mailbox that i can email to? when is ur PS?

hi hi pigger..
can i also take a look at ur gowns? my email add is [email protected]

hi hi ladies..
seems like it's ok for us to take photos during the fitting sessions, me still duno is ok one..thot BS wont allow..i also didnt check it out...did u all inform ur BS that u will be bringing cam down to shoot it or? pie-say hor, me seems like asking stupid qs...aaa...alamak..

tou2

Hi gals.

Hi Sharlene, I have the same problem as you
happy.gif
Need alot of cards... I have also told Regent 35 tables. Maybe I should increase the number to get more cards. By the way, I saw AWT's cards- most of their designs are lovely
happy.gif

Hi icy, you are right, maybe I will print more inserts too. Thanks!

gin

Hi pigger,
WAH! So many gowns ah?! For PS? Good leh....I dun have that budget to do that....sigh..good for you...ur white gowns are very nice! Hehehee....

Hi Wendy,
I juz bring down lor...but so far, u signed with them, i see no reason y they dun allow. If you haven sign with them..then another story lor...
happy.gif

blue_genie

hi iggy!

sorry to intrude this thread.

thks for sharing the pics with me.
saw ur pics already...really nice nice..

if i were u, i will have problems in choosing them....no regrets in topping up..rest assured!

fifidoog

hey wendy,
yeah sorry my mailbox is full and i cant clear it @ work. you can feel free to post your thots here. as for taking photos, it's quite up to the BS. some dont like to let you take, scared other BS steal their design mah. but you ask them first lor.

hey pigger,
yeah, i meant where is the hollywood tape.
happy.gif
thought speak broken english cute mah. at this age you'll do things to act cute. like get a pink EG. ;)