(2004) Brides of year 2004

questy

Hi Onee,
Ur..? I think u used my nick liao, ha.....!
U so lucky hoh, i wanted TC but FH said too ex and troublesome to coordinate the package, so there goes my lovely CS! Sob sob!

I saw the selling of Blush blush package in the other thread and they selling at a discount, I nv being there, so just interested cos it's a very comprehensive one. Why leh? Got big pblm there? Regarding the selling terms? Tell me tell me! I too long nv chk out on bridal package liao, time is getting tied for me liao.

Yeah, my mum wants no trouble from wedding, cos hers is also very hassle free, so she encourage me to do this.

Hi cubby
PIL are doing the banquet stuff, could be the resturant in the OCBC Centre. If not, it'll be in GCW, cos we've tentitive booking for it.

FMIL wants the date? just give her the dates when u r free and let her do all the findings. makes her happy and let urself hassle free. Just say u young couple dun knw anything. This is what i do when FH side wants a date for us, he...!

Yeah, i knw BB is ex, but other thread is selling it a a discount, so i just try my luck abt it loh. Any comments?

rabbitwsk

Ya, Yvonne creative... Evon, maybe cannot take photo as I am going there try try only.
Fenc, u also very funny gal lei...

Its good to be cheerful!! Right , ladies....

silver

Hi rabbit,

No problem! Saw you in yc thread, hope the gals there can ans ur queries. Oh ya when you make appt wif yvonne tell her you like to try their gowns too (the fitting rooms are ready). You can let her know you are been refered by Serene cos yest when I went down wif my gf, yvonne will throw in same thing as my package. Happy trying the gowns!

yan

hi gals,

just had a chance to take a breather and come take a peek... seems like today very quiet lei...

sagi -- shiok right, after taking a break... got sun burnt or not???
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

ever-- i agree... karyinn must have forgotten us...
sad.gif
sad.gif
the emails i sent her all got bounced back, reason being, "i m not welcome".... her email agent very hostile...
angry.gif

dear gals- are u all getting professional help for your actual day photoshoot?
for the tongshu, endure dears.. its already the 7th month, so one more month to go before the "latest" and much awaited issue is out...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

lin

hi girlfriend,
hilton hotel. so have you confirm your venue yet?

hi silver,
ic...yeap. it's a good idea to monitor first. If it's not really windy, i guess it's alright.

B

blue lake

7th month! oh... cannot do anything? i dunno. not very superstitious.

i just bought my wedding shoes. lace, silver one. got from takashimaya. and within my budget. keke. $70++
can go there for look for ur shoes too....=)

A

a&w

Silver,
If you want to use candles, then its probably better if you use like those glass candle holders otherwise the wind might just keep blowing the flame off. You can either find those with clear glass or frosted glass. If you have a certain colour theme, then you can use coloured glass even.
happy.gif

Lin..
How have you been? Enjoying school hols now? Weather in Aust must be nice...it's hot like hell here (literally). Will you be going back to S'pore anytime soon?

jan

Morning!
happy.gif

Phews.. it's mid week already!

Hmm.. think we leave out karyinn in our email next time then.. think anyway she blocked all of us from sending her emails..

Jul, u mentioned that Monica Eng uses conventional camera rite? Do u know her studio & outdoor packages like? And how are her pics like?

ever

Morning gals!!

ya, yan.. most prob getting a prof photographer for actual day.... but maybe not high-end ones though....

so, its confirmed that the tongshu will be out in the eighth mth of the lunar calendar??

its mid-week... but still very sian... looking forward to weekend again!!

onee

Good morning gals...

Questy : Pai-seh pai-seh, mi beri blur ah... Sorry... I always see the forum until eyes blur blur cos the 2 other threads I frequent and always full of messages, haha... Blur liao
crazy.gif

Cubby : Aiyah don't mention lah. Afterall we are here to help each other with an alternative opinion for reference / considerations mah
wink.gif
Esp. so in Asian context, the elderly will abide certain traditional values, which is good as well. We won't lose heritage over time mah...

Mi also bless to have both sets of parents who are open-minded yet bounded by asian values. Like "Si Dian Jin". MIL asked if my Mummy needs it. Mummy says it's fine cos it's a gift from MIL. Of course Sis and a few close friends has different perspectives too. Dunno whether to have or not??? Wat abt u gals?

Questy : I like Blush Blush but found it ex when I was there. Will navigate to the thread and give my cent's worth in a while okie ?

doreamon

Hi Postpet2,

Sure, no problem. I liked your table deco. Look very sweet!
happy.gif

Your bouquet is something that i have in mind. Thinking of adding in iris as well.
happy.gif

yan

morning ladies,

ever- from what i heard, the tong shu comes out after the seventh month, so i assume its the eight month lor...
biggrin.gif

And I have an announcement to make... I have verbally confirmed with David on my bridal package...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Will be going down next week to finalise the details...
a load off my mind, but next will be which studio photographer to take, which actual day photography to choose, what designs for the WG, EG and my tea dress..

jan

Hello!
happy.gif

Hi Yan, congrats!!
happy.gif
Now can't wait for my turn to meet him!! hehe... Btw, do u know what's the rough price without photography package from him?

Coz now headache, same as u, dunno which photographer to choose.. Saw that Vividshots (Monica Eng) is having promo for SB card members (but i'm not) for studio & outdoor only $900... I'm asking Jul how's her pics like since she visited them that day... But Jul seems to be missing leh... heheh..

yan

Jan, we verbally confirmed two packages... without PS, its $3.2k and with PS its $4k

Vividshots so cheap??? must check her out as welll. me should be meeting up with beetle@works to see their works next week, maybe should include monica as well... what abt u? who are the photographers that u have shortlisted??

ever, dun sian la... two more days to go..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

yvonne

Morning Ladies, Mid Week oredi...!!!
Wow...tong shu out so late!!! Sigh... tot i can confirm by Aug.
sad.gif

Hi Yan,
Same as Ever, will find a prof. photographer for the actual day wedding (not dos HIGH-END one) but not ROM...hee hee!
wink.gif

Btw, you gals got any GOOD lobang for manicure/pendicure? Saw one at Millenia Walk yday, $22 for manicure & $32 for pendicure (if i didnt remember wrongly...hee!!!)

Ever,
Will you go do yr nails for yr ROM? I intend to take a half day leave e day before my ROM to do manicure & pendicure... haa haa!
biggrin.gif

yvonne

Hi Yan,
That's Good News!!! Finally make the decision on the BS... hee hee! But the package very X hoh... $3.2K wo PS!!!

Hi Ever,
We've to wait patiently for the TONG SHU, nothing we can do...

Hi Jan,
Better act fast on yr bridal search... Yan is catching up... haa haa!

jan

Wah.. without PS 3.2k.. budget will bust for me then!! Is yours with 3 gowns or 2?

yup yu, vividshots having promo now! u look at the main page of this SB. But must sign up to be member first.. But still quite good offer rite! Can consider! But dunno whether her package gives back negatives or not...

jan

Yup yup, Yvonne, hopefully after visiting silverlining and David can come to a decision soon!! hehe... Currently David is my top choice!

questy

Hi Onee,
Of cos must get it loh, from MIL leh, he...! I'm getting the SDJ and a roast pig from them, then the rest will be simple affairs liao. Actually we r doing the traditional way with a modern twist, he...! If pig trotters r required, just get canned ones, so much more simple.

ever

Hi Hi!!

Congrats, yan!! finally settled the BS stuff... feel very relieved, rite??

yvonne, me will be doing mani & pedi for my ROM too!! heard from my fren that a shop at Mohd Sultan is very good... nice ambience... make you feel like tai-tai!! heehehehee.... not very exp lah.... me go search for the email and forward you....
happy.gif
me went hollywood secrets for mani/pedi before... the skills are ok, but find the services not personalised.... quite crowded, so it feels like "production line"!!!

ever

jan, think yan's package consists of quite a lot of stuff... so, maybe yours wouldnt be $3.2k?!??! she doing 2 or 3 mens'suits mah.... these are quite exp....

ya, Aug already.... jan, you can start bugging yr hubby to go BS shopping liao!!

jan

Yup ever, Aug already!! *evil laugh* can start my bridal shopping!! hehe..

Oh ya, Yan, u doing quite a no of suits & gowns rite? Hopefully will get a decent quote from david then i'll have more budget to choose photographer! hehe..

yan

ever, the one you mentioned is Indulge right?? its at the second floor above illusion, the ex "orange" premise..

i agree the ambience there is very nice, relaxing, rather baliness style.. the gals thare are also very friendly.. i think i got a voucher for that place lei.. its for first timer only so i can't use it.. do let me know if any one of you want that voucher... i think its a free classic mani... definitely a better place than hollywood secrets... indulge has a better ambience, just that its a bit out of the way for me... Yvonne, if you or your bf drives u there, then its ok... you bf can wait there for you too.. there's a sitting area for him..

Jan - dun get frightened away first la... for my package, i have several additional things.. I am going to have 3 gowns, and i wanted rather ex materials for them, hence think david have to factor in those cost.. and not forgetting i got 4 suits lei... and my sis dress lei..

now, i have to decide whether to take photospace package as well... it seems very attractive, but its only 8R pic and can only take back the CD rom for selected pics... dilemma... want fish, also want prawns, want big bowl and filled to the brink.... *sign*

jan

Yan, me also like u... Yup think photospace quite worth it... If not David only deduct 800 from it... But still very cheap, imagine for urs, so many suits and gowns and with photoshoot at 4k!! Very good deal already!! hehehe.. Or maybe can bargain with photospace, see can get more pics or get all exposures?
happy.gif

ever

ya, yan... the shop i was talking about is Indulge.... never been there, but it's highly recommended by my fren! that's the shop you always do your mani/pedi?? me always go diff shops.... heehehehehee.....

ya, if Photospace's pics are nice, can consider.... think more worthwhile to take his $4k package....

cubby

hi questy,
u are so lucky to have ir PIL do the banquet thingy man...it can be tough searching for one!
happy.gif

hehe me cant leave everything to PIL also cos i eans to know what will be happening and stuff so i can be assured hehe.
abt blush blush i didnt really go in the shop be4...just heard that its not cheap. if u have the budget, i suggest u look ard first then decide.
happy.gif

hi onee,
gee thks...
happy.gif
for me i think its necc to have si dian jing cos it like a gift fm ur PIL and your parents as well. prob bcos i'm teochew so MIL already said its necc....
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Jan,
Hee hee... im interested in e voucher! How can u pass it to me huh? Btw, wat is classic mani? What kinda of mani shd i do for my ROM? French mani OR...... ** Headache **

Don tell me go for PURPLE nails again... haa haa!

Ever, you doing what kinda of mani?

Hi Yan,
My bf also paying for the Bridal package... kee kee! But me abit heart pain for him... will help him lighten some of his burden.

Btw, hv u gals decide who pays what for marriage? And which shd be pay by guy and which shd be spilt???

U noe talking abt financial arrangement can be quite a 'SENSITIVE' issue but is unavoidable i guess.

yan

hi yvonne,

when do u need to do your mani?? if not that urgent, i can arrange for the voucher to be sent to your place. if u need it these few days, then i mit up with u somewhere la... but, let me locate that voucher first.. i m a very messy person, throw things everywhere... also kanna scolded by mum..
classic mani is the usual mani.. think they just came up with a nice name themselves...

light purple or lavander shades should suit your rom dress right?? i personally like french mani, cos more natural.. ask them to do french mani with colors.. its nice.. if not, can try their nails painting.. a friend did for her sis wedding, and its real nice.

ivory

wah... so many new comers ah.. welcome welcome
happy.gif

hi oldies

*wave* *wave*

u gals really busy into preparations liao hor... not like me still kiao kar-ying cos date not set yet...

now i worry i stress like siow when my time comes... *shake head*

yan

for finances, me and bf have a joint bank account, which we will pay all expenses from there... but as he is the main contributor, being the major "shareholder", he is paying bulk of the expenditure...i happy happy transfer a few hundreds into the account, whereas he does it every month.. so pai say, have to let him pay so much..

having the bank account reduces the arguement on who pays what... just my 2 cents worth..

ever

yvonne, me prefer french for fingernails and maybe a dark maroon colour for my toenails.... that is, if i'm wearing white/off-white gown... think you can go for french or very light purple... you know, those kind of pastel purple... heehehehehhee... if you scared too purple, then go for french!!
happy.gif

think its very impt to discuss all financial issues.... from housing loan to wedding costs to future daily expenses.... for me & my bf, its 50%-50% for everything.... no choice, cos we're of same age mah.... so, everything half-half loh... sometimes, i pity him cos he started working much later than me.... so, i try to save and help him out loh.... but me always tell him when he "fa-cai", must pay me back!!! hahahahahahhaa....
biggrin.gif

icechoco

hi A&W!
I'm ok..it's winter here now. But i thought canada experience more cold. It's really that hot? what's the temperature there like?
happy.gif

Are you excited to go back? I won't be back in singapore till end of the year. so..still have few months. Hehhe..when i come back, we can meet up. Yours is 2nd or 3rd april har? I know near mine.
happy.gif
Have you decide on your menu yet...like selecting dishes..etc?
happy.gif

Are you going to buy your wedding shoes in canada?
happy.gif

hi Ivory!
long time no see!
happy.gif
what you mean?? how come you haven't set date yet??? quicklah..set date. you book bridal studio & venue already a not? it's already later 1/2 of 2003. 2004 is coming already...
happy.gif

ivory

hi Lin

aiya... my MIL offer to search the date for us so still waiting for the tong shu lor.. but i told my hubby if after the lunar 7th mth still no news from her side, then we will go to those feng shui masters to calculate the date.. well.. who ask my hubby thinking of having the customary in May or Jun ah... i oledi told him need 1 yr to prepare he dun believe...

now just wait n see lor
happy.gif

bridal booked liao lah, venue not yet.. my hubby very confident sure can get venue one.. *faint* nevermind lor...

onee

Questy : Wah pig trotter sounds interesting
happy.gif
Add some fun and feels like wedding mah hor?

Cubby : Agree, we've been to 13 hotels for a quick glance of their rooms for wedding yet still haven't decide on 1 !

Questy & Cubby : Both Mummy and MIL say up to me, even though FH's teochew n mummy oso teochew, funny rite, tot this kind of thing not much choice, now it's my choice !!! ??? Even the Xia Ping they oso chin chai until nobody takes the decision. So Mummy says juz oranges and a few boxes of cake will do the job. Issit like dat? Can lah hor? Mi know nuts about traditional thingy...

jan

Gals, esp to Yan, this is the promo for vividshots:

18 pieces of 8x12
up to 3 locations for outdoor
Touch up of selected photos
10X15 framed portrait
Soft copy of selected photos will be returned.
additional photo at $50.00 per page.

They use digital for trial shots and conventional for the actual... I dun really get it, for photography can have trial? i guess maybe b4 they take the real shot, they'll take it using digital first rite.. And negatives are not returned.

silver

Hi A&W,
Thanks for your suggestion! You mean those tall glass holder whereby can 'cover' the flame?

Hi Ivory,
Ve not seen you ard for quite sometimes ya. Guys always the case - think no need so much time to prepare. If you guys ve certain mths in mind perhaps can make tentatively booking first?

postpet2

Hello Yan , Jan,

had posted this in another thread before.

Its abt letting out my newly purchased package with Indulge.

Had went to them for mani+pedi for my ROM recently. Becos of the svs and comfortable envt, i had signed up a package with them on the spot.
But hor, now a little regret lor..
cos that place not very convenient for me leh..
Now, when feel like pampering my nails, and think of travellin so far, a little xian liao...

i had took the classic mani+pedi one.
paid $250 for 5 sessions, free 2. so $250 for 7 lah.

I must say i quite like their svs, though i had gone for the first time then only..that's y had signed on the spot...

Anyone interested let me know ok...
[email protected]

silver

Gd afternoon gals...

Hi Yan,
Yes will engage a professional photographer for actual day but not high end one...

Hey congrats! Finally one thing off ur list!

Hi Jan,
Where did you get the vivdshot package from? Below is what she email me :

Studio & Outdoor Photography - $1500 (Further discount of $500 with Singaporebrides card)
- Photography services
- 22 pcs of 8X12 prints
- 1x 10X15 portrait with frame
- Soft copy of selected photos will be returned
- Up to 3 locations for outdoor.
- London cab/merc cab chaffeur for shoot.

Jan & Yan,
If you guys meeting Kelvin from Beetle@work tell him referred by Serene cos my gf is interested in the ROM package so if 3 of u gals taking might ve a better bargain (hopefully)

Hi Yvonne & Ever,
You can try NailGirl but abit far for you cos it's at westcoast. They charging meni & pedicure at $14 each. If you sign up the package it's $100 for 10 sessions. I like their foot spa hehe You can visit the website http://www.nailgirl.com.sg/

Jul MIA liao?

A

a&w

Doreamon..

Sorry...kinda missed your posting on Sunday..

Well flat wise...I really want to stay near CCK...new flats will probably be better cos its cheaper plus it comes bare so we don't have to spend extra just to tear the fixtures out. Haven't really put in much thought about the flat we want yet lah. Job wise...I'm doing International Development while Amos is doing International Relations. So think it might be easier for Amos to find a job than me just becos S'pore doesn't really do much third world development or at least i don't really know about the organizations that are involved in such development. Guess I'll have to do some research.

Lin..
Hey hey....oh boy, you have no idea how excited I am about going home man. HEhehe...now really counting down till the 30th of Aug. Arrrrggggh..so near yet feels so far away cos still have papers and exams to do. Anyway..1 more month..can lah..can tahan.
My wedding is April 2nd. Yours is on the 10th? or 9th? 9th right?? HEheheh..
Yah..the weather here...we get the extremes pretty much or maybe its due to global warming..who knows. But it's been really hot here..not enjoyable.

Why buy shoes here? Canada has good shoes meh? We haven't choose the menu yet. Have you? I thought we choose the menu during the food tasting? Dunno...We'll be meeting the hotel coordinator on the 1st of Sept..will see how then. So you got a wedding planner right? Is it a lot easier for you guys?

jan

hi Silver,

I emailed her about it too, but perhaps the one she gave was for $900 then maybe a few things lesser??

Ok, if visit beetles will say that.. hehe.. hopefully will get better deal!!

Btw, Yan, did u further dicuss with Robin abt the package?

A

a&w

Silver...

Yah..the glass will have to be fairly tall..to be able to block the wind..You have any idea where to get those? I can only think of Ikea...not sure where else you can find something like that at a relatively affordable price. What do you plan to do with the candle holders after the wedding?