(2003) Brides of year 2003

matka

Hi bibip

sounds like a good idea. greatly appreciate the pix and contacts. My email address is [email protected].
happy.gif

cream

Hi Sandy

You mentioned you went to Voxy @ Seiyu Bishan to do your mani & pedi, may I ask how the lady look like coz i hv signed up a package from them already.I want to avoid having this lady doing my mani & pedi.Btw, i feel their mani & pedi really don't last. Do you happen to know why?

I hv my PS in 2 days also. Will be seeing the proof nxt fri. Very excited, not sure whether will it turn out nice.
happy.gif

teatree

hi sandgirl,

glad that you enjoyed your ps so much. and boy, you must have taken lots and lots of pictures. for me, i started at 10 am exactly cos the make-up artist and i were early and ended slightly before 5.

mmh i didn't get cought in the heavy downpour but there was slight drizzling towards the end of ps. we went to east coast park and the beach for the last few shots.

don't worry about the SARS thing, read in the newspaper that he's okay, no fever and all that are related to him are okay too. hope this time round it won't spread.

when do you get to se the proof prints? must show us ah?

hi all,

if you happen to be in holland village area, do visit this mani/pedi shop on the 2nd floor of holland shopping center. i forgot the name of the shop but it's a very zen looking interior. i tried a mani there before and the result was good.

hi cream,

we're waiting to see your pictures. hee...

sandgirl72

Hi Cream
The lady tat served me was Jane - a China lady. I think maybe it is the quality of their nail polish.

Hi Teatree
for indoor, we reached the bridal shop at 845am waited for the shop & make up artist to come till nearly 9am. from 9am till 11am, i was being 'painted' by my make up artist.

i'm not too sure when we can see the proof print, too tired until forgot to ask.. heheee.. will show all of you when it is ready.. hopefully my 'flaws - double chin' are well under covered.. hahahaa

cream

Hi sandy

Oh, I know who is she is liao.Yes,she is not good at all coz my fren also got her.Luckily, I was served by another one.
happy.gif

Hi teatree

The proof is not out yet leh. Plus not sure whether BS will return me the proof.Hope they will lor.If they return,I will inform you all.Btw, is your pix ready? Can show us?

cutiechar

Hi Sandgirl!

tks for the contact yeah! I will definitely go find out..hope its not tat ex.
looks like you have a fun time during your PS!
wow..must be tired and enjoyable!
I tot meni & pedi oli trim, paint and polish..oso can do until it bleeds? wow... sounds painful & scary.

Hi teatree

don wori! you photos sure come out mei mei..must have faith in you photographer and yourself! : )
I will visit the mani/pedi shop..tks!

Hi Jbride!

How is the greenery scenery ar Changi beach there ar? I oso tot of going Marina South Park for greenery.. : )
yah lor! so mani things to be done and seriously I haven even started on a single thing yet!btw, must show us your pics if have hor! :p
9 ah yees and many brothers indeed sounds fun!

Hi Piper

yah lor, mani things not done yet! my guestlist is not even out yet..though the designs of the invitation card is ready...*jialat..
I think my mother more steady than your FIL. She keep saying that she dont have the name and so if I got cards ready, just pass her the agar agar no. of cards..even my own mother oso not cooperative..dunno how to convince her that we need the actual head count..

Hi Cream

Must show us your pics hor!keez

WOW..looks like everyone has taken their PS..EXCEPT ME!
sad.gif

I haven go and buy the shoes, acessories and my hubby's shirt..aiyoo..so mani things..

BTW gals, did you all see your veil until the PS or you all have actually seen it during your fitting? I haven seen mine yet..forgot to ask my BS..

tks

Muacks & cheers!

liching

My FH is supposed to come out with the Songs....while i do the rest. BUT, looks like My Mr Busy & Bo Chap won't be able to come out with a draft song list in time....No sound no picture from my FH yet.
Sign! I think it's another task i need to complete myself...Sob!

Leo29,
I felt that the relative form China (My FIL siblings) should be seating on the red table too ...is a respect...afterall the have come all the way from far.
But at least both side parents should be siting together with the bride & groom...rather than having them siting separately lor...nicer mah!
To sit separate ...makes it look like 2 side family not in good terms like that...

Though my parents is very understanding on this but i feel is the least respect that they should be given. They are not giving away their daughter lei!

teatree

hi sandgrirl,

i also have double-chin! my photographer kept reminding me to stick out my chin else could see the double-chin. hehehe... and it only took me about 45 minutes to get all made up.

hi cutiechar,

thanks for your reassurance! when is your ps anyway? oo and i also only saw my veil the night i took my gowns from the BS. so don't worry.

hi cream,

my photos are not out yet. i will only get to see the proof prints 2 weeks from now. will show you all once ready.

kristen

hi all
I am new here..really interesting to read all your postings here.
Will be holding my wedding in Dec 03 too..on xmas day to be exact. Pretty stress over PS which will be next sat...hopefully will turn out nice.
Any suggestions where to go for outdoor shots?

meowie

Hi all, today was at the Philips Sale. Bought a rice cooker, dect phone and 15" LCD Monitor/TV. Saw Akira there with hubby too. Well she has bought many things as compare to me
happy.gif

Later went with Min to go down to AMK to buy the bedside lamp at $1.90each. And we went back to Beauty World to get the teaset at $15 and other stuffs like ang bao and a pouch to put the pingjing inside.

sandgirl72

Hi Cream
so try to avoid her to do yr nails if U can lor.. kekekeeee
biggrin.gif

Hi cutiechair
U r welcome. But I really do suggest U to call Jemina ASAP to book yr appt to avoid any disappointment. Bleeding will not happen in SNAILS as Jemina is a very experienced & careful nail technician.
happy.gif

yes, we did really enjoyed our 2 days PS.. i'm sure U too will enjoy yr forthcoming PS...
happy.gif

for accessories, don't yr bridal shop provides U for PS? do remember to wear a button blouse for yr PS for the ease of the make up artist and yourself when changing into yr outfit to prevent yr make up being 'taken off' if U wear a round neck t-shirt..

well, i only saw my veil during my PS. in fact my make up artist used 2 different design of veils for me during my PS.

sandgirl72

Hi teatree
exactly lor.. my poor photographer have to constantly reminds me to lower my neck and bring out my chin...
biggrin.gif
lol.gif

during outdoor PS, his boss also joined in to help me to 'combat' my double chin by tilting, adjusting my face... heheheee..
biggrin.gif
lol.gif

akira

meow, not tat many things lah... our house is expected to be ready soon so we just got all the necessary things like dect phone, iron, toaster etc. now got big headache of where to store all the stuff!! btw are the ang boas at Beauty World nice? maybe go there next month when less busy...

btw ladies, I went down to my printer yesterday too .. its called Lil Art at Pasir Panjang. for ladies who are too busy to make their own corsages, Lil Art does rather pretty ones with prices ranging from $2.00-5.80. I tot of buying from them cos got no time to do anything.

lkf

meow

can let me know the addy of the beauty world shop u n min went to? need to buy the teaset leh. thanx

serene

ur outdoor looks great but the sky abit dark leh. n u r not fat lah, i think me lagi fatter..haha..

boo_boo

hi gals,
me jus uploaded a fewof my ROM pics in the NOVAS site. if u would like to see more of the pics, i've also posted the websites in the novas site. for ur info, in the novas site my nick is zlf772003, so dun get confused k?
anyway, any comments is welcome but i'm not pretty lah so dun expect 2 much hor? haha....

kopibean

serene,
saw ur ps pic...u r pretty!..but cant c ur whole gown as u lying down...;-)

wedsoon,
really surprised to c u there toO!!!
i have confirmed my printing..and i be going down on tues to collect the format sample cos need to bring home n let my parents n pil c...
u printing how many inserts?

DK n leo n meow,
my parents also not sitting together wif pil...cos got 2 vip tables..so 1 is pil n the other is my parents...guess i think tat is the norm??

akira,
where is this Lil Art at Pasir Panjang?
Can gimme the address??
thanks so much!

cream

Hi sandy

Seems like your BS ppl are good lor. My BS only arrange photographer & assistant to follow hubby & me for outdoor PS only.Initially,they told me my co-ordinator will follow also but they did not fulfill the promise.Luckily,I know how to do the touch up myself.

liching

Meow,
Was @ Philips Sales on Sunday. Sob! This year no fans on Sale...Sob!

Serene,
SO fast you got your pectures already! The studio told me my B/W sample are ready but not the colours one so got to wait...I'm really looking forward to it....
Even MIL's is so anxious to see the photos that she keep calling me everyday since Friday.

sandgirl72

Hi Cream
well, my BS has got 2 photographers and their bosses are trained photographers but have 'retired' to the back scene...hehehee...
biggrin.gif

meowie

Lkf,
The shop is located at Beauty World shopping centre. The one with Mac in. Its at level 2 and from the escalator jus turn right if you're facing a craft shop directly. This craft shop also got sell the tea set, but the one we went sell everything for wedding. There's a big "Xi" on the passageway. You sure won't miss it one. The box he gave us is very nice leh, not those we see from AMK but nicer one. Not sure by the time you go there he still have or not.

Akira,
The ang bao for the big one is standard with the Xi there lah, but just thats it big ang bao and the male side need to buy that to put the ping jing one. Which means, $$ put in big angbao, then wrap with a red cloth with some words on it then put it together with a round plate written "bai tou xie lao" something like that and given along with the 12oranges during Guo Da Li.

Teh small angbaos got a few designs but i didn't scan thru.

Boo boo, dun worry about your nick in Nova, i'll update that very soon into the database when my broadband is back. My PC got some problem, think got virus, so now can only use dial up, damn slow ah....

Kopi, me also both parents won't sit together lor.

DK,
Yeah lor, this year they dun sell fan but they got install fan lah you didn't see meh??
happy.gif
Jus joking. So what you bought?

Today our both parents sit down and talk. My dad asked for 40boxes of cakes. *Fainted* but my MIL also wants the long feng zhu. If your hubby is cantonese and got pray at home, the candles is different from other dialect. LKF, you can tell the shop your dialect and his, and he'll let you know what's needed and what's not. Then hor my MIL also wants the red cloth for the sheng tai. Sigh..all these will cost me $$.
sad.gif
My mum did pay anything leh.

piper

hi jbride, cream, sandgirl & teatree,

r u gals excited to view ur pics? Must share ur photos with us once available ok??

must get a grip on urself when u view the photos....dun overspend on the photos....

seems like most of the brides are busy with their PS....

i just went to print my cards last saturday...actually wanted to print on cream color cards, but my FIL say dun wan cream...so print everything in red. Luckily got ask him first, if not, waste $$ on the cards for nothing.

also went to get my "si-dian zuan".....hehehehe..actually wanted to buy gold, but my hubby prefer white gold, so managed to convince his mum to buy "si-dian zuan"...kekekeke
happy.gif

but for the tea ceremony, his mum say must be gold, so bo bian, got to buy 1 or 2 pcs of gold bracelet....luckily the design not too obiang...might still wear it for CNY/dinner etc....

meowie

Lkf,
Those boxes we see are those that got pictures of different designs on them right? The one we bought is a plain red box lor.

cutiechar

Hi cream and teatree!

My PS on this coming sat (20/09). So excited..keke..hope its doesnt rain. :p
yeah, just called up my BS and he told me tat he has prepare the veil for me oredi..keke mine is a plain one oso. btw, is it necessary to bring along a frd to help us? my hubby has got the photogapher and his brother but me alone..but I feel bad to ask my frd along coz my make-up artist mentioned that ppl who wait during the PS veri sianzz one..so I don dare approach my frd for help. wat cosmetics you gals bring along? lipgloss, lipsticks, loose powder or...etc?? paiseh soooo mani questions!

Hi welcome Cherie!

when your PS? your wedding on Christmas? mine on 27th Dec..
happy.gif
my PS I leave it to the photographer..too lazy to think..heez

Hi Sandgirl!

oops, I need the mani/pedi on Thursday..dunno available or not..later I call up..
happy.gif

yah, sad to say that my bridal shop dont provide. he has it lar but not wat I want..his all quite fancy fancy..I am looking at plain ones.
yah! tks for reminding me to wear button shirt! wow..two veil! my BS oli gave me a plain and simple one which he describes as a "cloth over the head", so I can roughly imagine how simple the veil is without seeing it yet though. hahaha..

Hi Piper

I oso wanted red cards initially but my hubby dun wan..hehe..opposite of you all!
yah! we managed to convince my MIL to buy white gold but my mother insisted on GOLD.:S don think I be wearing it anyway. issit a must to wear the GOLD on the actual day?I am a teochew.

cheers & muacks!

cream

Hi Piper,

Not a problem.Will show you all the pix once ready.For me, we didn't seek FIL's permission on the colour of the cards coz i know he is very very old fashioned one.We chose a cream one with a gold xi word on the front.

Hi cutiechar

Will pray for you on that day for no rain.For me,I only hv 1 photographer & his assistant.We didn't bring any fren along coz photographer say don't need too many ppl.Btw,I ask my MU artist to use my 2-way cake & lipstick when she did my makeup coz I afraid I hv to do some touch up.But in the end, don't need coz MU artist apply ampoule for me.Can last me throughout the whole PS.Enjoy your PS
happy.gif

baobei

Hi, cutie,

me also have the same doubt as u...do we need to bring cosemtics kits go, but wat if the colour tone is different??

My PS is next sunday, really hope the weather is fine~~

leo29

Meow,

Our both parents meet up yesterday also. My parents also request 40 boxes of cake plus 48 canes of troutter. What do you mean your MIL want Long Feng Zhu? It's a must what. As for the Sheng Tai red cloth, my mum already prepare for me. I think maybe becos I'm hokkien so your hubby's mum(They are hokkien) requested things seem to be what my mum had prepare for my hubby side.

Did you pay for everything from gal side? Some of the things must let your mum pay lei.

piper

hello cutiechar,

actually i dun mind either red or cream...so long as design ok can liao...come to think of it..its just a card...nobody will appreciate the details anyway....

as for gold, it's more for the old folks to see. my MIL say it represents her "xin yi" so must accept lor...anyway, i'll be wearing kua for tea ceremony...so all the glittering gold should complement the kua very well...kekeke

leo29

Gals,

Just for your reference only, below is the discussion of our both side parents requirements.

From Guy side :

GDL :
Ping Jing
Si Dian Jin
Cake
Trotter
Orange
XO(2 bottles)
Long Feng Zhu
Ang Bao for Ah Gu(My Brother) to buy clothes(Open the bridal car)
Ang Bao for Grandma

AD :
Orange
Pig Leg

From Gal Side :

GDL :
F&N Orange(2 bottles)
Towel for my SIL and BIL(Can use Ang Bao to replace)
Shoe for my FIL and MIL(May use Ang Bao to replace)

Things from my mum to us :
Bedsheet
Red Cloth for Sheng Tai(Even though we don’t pray at home but my mum insist)
Bath tub, red lamp, sewing kit……

yve

leo, what is your mum gng to do with 48 cans of pig trotters? :p My mom asked for 2 cans of trotters, 2 cans of abalone, 2 bottles of XO, 12 oranges, 2 pairs of long feng xhu and probably 38 cakes.

For my dowry, mom paid for it. She bought a luggage for me too. Gng to buy the guy's side stuff this weekend. Which will be paid by FH, which means will be paid by us lor. Money flying out of pocket again..

akira

kopibean, you can get the exact directions to Lil-Art at their website: www.lil-art.com its better to see the picture of wat the building looks like.. else it would not be too easy to find if you're not familiar with the area.

leo29

Yve,

Each box of cake to go with 2 can of trotter. My dad already request less, by right should be 80 cans in total. I think they are going to top up on their own.

mtmtmt

Wow, looks like mine really simplified!
<u>From Guy side vs what we return</u>
GDL :
#1 Ping Jing- mum will return most,
#2 Longfeng bangle- I will keep,
#3 Four boxes Kahluibang Cake- mum will return two boxes,
#4 Wash-my-backside angbao (directly translated from what my MIL said...???)- mum dunno whether keep or rude to return???,
#5 Orange- mum will return some,
#6 Two or four cans abalone- mum will keep all cos she likes
AD :
Should be nothing. Cos the pigs served for banquet.

<u>Others</u>
#1 Longfeng cloth laid over normal bedset to substitute as longfeng bedsheet- couple bought
#2 Red bedside lamp- mum will buy
#3 Red umbrella, red fan- mum bought
#4 Tea set- mum bought (but not traditional type, is Japanese... dunno whether PIL will say anything???)

teatree

hi cherie,

hehehhe... don't get too stressed about outdoor locations. i also thought about it over and over but in the end let the photographer decides. he's afterall the one with more experience!

so nice, wedding on christmas day...

hi girl and cutiechar,

will pray that it's a sunny day on your ps (",)
my sis tagged along for my ps. i have to say that she's a great help. she helped me carry my train, bouquet, made me relax with her funny remarks. and most important she helped me get into the car. hehehe... which was something i dreaded.

i didn't bring any cosmetics cos apparently my make-up stayed thru out the ps. even got difficulties trying to wipe it off afterwards. hee... especially the water-proof mascara.

hi sandy,

hehehe... you're so cute! but nice hor got someone to keep reminding you. i had to be self-conscious all the time.

meowie

Leo.
my mum didn't want any trotter lor. So we not getting. Mine is a very very simple one, only go for 40 boxes of cakes, NO Orange Juice, No roast pig. My mum also dun want the candles, she say will make the ceiling black so even if i have, she also won't lit it up. So far everything i pay, she didn't say want to return $$ to me. So far those that i buy is all i pay lor. She strongly oppose me on getting the teaset anyway only that i insisted on it so i go get it.

lkf

meow

oic...now i know wat u mean. the teaset looks so lovely n presentable with the box. the set cost $15 rt? do they hv other design? btw do u hv the tel no of the shop wanted to take a look after work today but scare tat it may be closed. my hubby juz reminded me tat it's juz two more months to our AD...

amore

hullo!!...

got gathering again ah.... me both friday oso can make it....

meow... my mum oso same as urs leh... anything oso dun want.... infact she's okie not to have GDL... but my MIL want
sad.gif
... so my mum say exchange ang bao can liao...dun need to buy anything.... and those teochew peanuts cake for our relatives for the invitation cards!....

leo29

Gathering Attendance Update:

Sept 19 - Besse, Akira, Amore
Sept 26 - Leo, Meow, Besse, Kopibean, Yve, Akira, Putise baby, Aloevera, wedsoon, Amore, Ann

are

hey hey... i shd be able to attend 26th as well. so venue will be??

Gathering Attendance Update:

Sept 19 - Besse, Akira, Amore
Sept 26 - Leo, Meow, Besse, Kopibean, Yve, Akira, Putise baby, Aloevera, wedsoon, Amore, Ann, are

leo29

Amore,

I don't know how the teochew peanut cake look like but i believe balestier or normal confectionery shop should have. I knw a shop that make peanut sweet(More to Hokkien type). You want to call them and check it out? Tel is 6253 8298 and is located at 233 Lavender Street.