(2003) Brides of year 2003

fishball

hi kk,
me thinking hor, ang pow box can display on table but nearer to helpers, cos I want my helpers to note codes on d ang pows if some ppl left out their names. Actually yr hub is rite, under d table lesser chance of ppl snatching d box n run, esp' in times like this.... But under d table oso muz careful, scared ppl crawl under table 2 steal.... Gosh, I'm getting paranoid!!!!
lol.gif

meowie

Akira, so you are the one. My dad hor very greedy. He asked for 30+ boxes. Stupid theory of his. Each of his brother and sisters will have one. And for their children will have another box for those who are already married. So ended up i have to get so many boxes. Faint ah.

Hey DK, i thought no one's GDL will fall on the same date as i am. My mum dun want anything, not even the hard liquor nor pig's trotter. She say and angbao will do. She also mentioned that she'll take $400 from my hubby for ping jin.

starmiffmel

helo...
my dinner venue change liao... now is hotel new otani. as for the reason.. better dont say here. wait kena sue for nothing...meet up then tell u all..

as for the no of pics.. i had 50 pics.. some colleges some full blown..

have u all selected the tea dress?

akira

Meow, I haven't gone to order yet cos my so-called GDL is on 16 Nov. when my mum asked for 8 boxes, saying that she has to return 2 to us, we actually tried to bargain to just give her 6.. otherwise who is going to eat the other two?? ha ha guess we already have lucky escape. My mum only asked for 8 boxes of cakes and an ang bao for my grandma.. seems like if there are old folks still in the family got to give the old folks ang bao.. dunno where she heard from. but now come to think of it, just 8 boxes of cakes and an ang bao makes me seem v 'cheap' hor.. just kidding.
happy.gif
but at least I dun have to go hunt for so many things...

leo29

Meow... 30+ boxes is reasonable. I ever came across a friend mum ask for 80 boxes but reduce to 60 boxes becos my friend scream at her. I'm getting 20-30 box also. Actually your dad way is correct lei. Suppose to give our cousins as well. Our friends or colleagues can be in the list also.

Sob sob...., sometimes our parents thinking are so differnt from us. Just like my case, I want to invite my mums side cousins but my mum stop me, so sad.... Anyway I don't care, i insist i wanted to invite them. Then my mum come out with this theory, if you want, you can only invite guy cousins and not gal cousins becos they consider outside ppl after they married out. So Lao1 Gu2 Ban3 thinking! Hahaha.... my dad also kana stop by her becos he want to invite his cousins which my mum think that it's too far away relatives. My parents are not going to invite their friends and I can't invite my neighbours. Ai yah, what to do... we used to stay in Kampong so their thinking is more traditional. Plus many of our estate neighbours are from Kampong as well so more or less it did effect my mum's thinking.

I really envy Are... her parents are so open minded that they invite their friends to her wedding. So good..... Maybe i was too afraid that i can't fill up my tables, heehee.

akira

Grace, wah at this late date you can still manage to find hotel huh? luckily you can at least find replacement cos yours is a lucky date. is it still going to be on the same day?

talking abt meeting up.. anyone still has time to meet up?? seems like everyone is super busy.. else we can think abt meeting sometime in late Sep???

leo29

Grace,

Me using Kua as tea dress. Confirmed long long time ago liao, b4 PS.

Akira,

Yeah... same same my hubby must give a Ang Bao to my grandma during GDL also. Actually there is a biscuit call Ah Ma Bia to be given to grandma but nowadys ppl seldom follow so they used Ang Bao to replace. Actually gal's side return items also alot lei. I've to buy towels for my hubby sisters and brothers(Can used Ang Bao to replace) and Ang Bao to my FIL & MIL to buy... I think shoe.

akira

leo, wah still got to buy towels and shoes huh? neither my parents nor PILs said anything abt these so maybe we can act 'blur'
happy.gif
oh, my mum actually said she would buy shoe for my hubby but hubby asked her to give him a token $2 ang bao..

wenz

Hi Leo29
If we use Ang Bao to replace Ah Ma Bia or Lao Ma Gao, must we pass the Ang Bao to Grandma? Or my mother can just keep the Ang Bao?

min_minnie

Meow,

How have you been? Yap, miss you lot lot. know you busy with your house mah and I busy with my furnishing, so never really tok to you for quite quite a while. we will catch up when everyone is more settled.

Hi gals,

Check with you all. If you and hubby came up with the banquet $, do your parents return all the ang paos that they collected at the banquet. Cos the relatives of my side occupy about 13 tables and my friend told me the ang poas that my parents collected from relatives will be keep by my parents. If parents keep all the ang paos, then we really broke, will have a 'big hole' in the pocket. Is it the normal custom?

meowie

Min, yeah i tried calling your office yesterday afternoon, but no one pick up the phone.
sad.gif
Now i damn angry with them. They dun know how to lay my pebbles leh. Wanna chat tonight? I'm on night shift. So please dun sms me k, no reception remember?

So far as to what i know, those your parents ask from you like mine my dad ask for 6 tables but total she wants 11 tables, so those 6 tables, he'll return the $$ to me whereas those he pay for himeslf will be kept by him.

Grace mei mei, i'm also wearing kua. Tomorrow i think i can go collect my album already
bounce.gif

aigee

HI jolin,

hmmm.. dun thk u will have the time to log in today since tmrw is your big day.. anyway.. just want say "Congratulation" to you!!! enjoy your day tmrw yah..
happy.gif

Hi Sept 03 Bride,

Your wedding day same as mine leh.. me also 17 Sept.. how's ur preparation? me have not finalised my songs yet leh.. ;)

akira

after a favourable response by Yve.. lets do a poll.. anyone free to meet up for dinner on either 19 Sep or 26 Sep? (both are fridays since from past experience, most people are tied up over the weekends.)

kerenelu

Hi Fishball!!

hahahha.. u are so cute.. i laugh and laugh at ur statement :pP

Oh yah hor, some guests will forget names so the helpers can help to code their names down on the ang pows. But what if the guests just slot in their ang pows into the box without handing them to the helpers? Then the helpers not able to code too
sad.gif

akira

min, I think it depends on individual families. We are paying for the banquet but are giving the ang baos of the 7 tables my parents have asked for to them. This is even though my parents didn't really want to keep the ang baos. my hubby feels tat they should get something in return for bringing me up. maybe you can negotiate to keep half? or sometimes I think parents also understand our financial burden.. they might just give you back in the form of a big ang bao during the tea ceremony. tat way everyone looks good.. parents can brag tat they have filial daughter and son-in-law while they also look generous..

grace, I'll be wearing a CS for tea ceremony.

leo29

Akira,

Huh… so fast miss us liao hah…. Me too is fine with the meet up. Don’t know lei, seem like nothing much to do. Me very jia lat lei, now already having wedding mood, no mood to work. Just Yi4 Tian1 Guo4 Yi Tian. I prefer Sept 26 but if majority vote Sept 19 I will try to adjust.

Wen,

Yes, you have to give the Ang Bao to your Ah Ma!

Min,

Your friend is right, your parents will keep all the Ang Bao. But nowadays most of the parents will give back the Ang Bao to the couple. They might not tell you now but may return to you after the wedding. Me too will not take the Ang Bao from my parents even they return to us. Just treat it as a small token to them for bringing me up.

min_minnie

Hi all,

Thanks.i have not ask my parents if they keeping all the ang paos.I'll discuss it with them later.
I'm a bit concern cos with my hse renov and wedding preparation, we oredi spent a big sum.I think my parents are open for discussion. Will discuss with them after I finish my furnishing of my hse.

meow,

If 2nite free, I'l call you.

sept03bride

Hi Irene,
wow.. this date seems to be popular too...
happy.gif

I have not finalised the "itinenary" for the day, and also the songs... i oso have not finalised yet...Argh... seems like endless task...But if i cun finalise the songs, i will just use the songs supplied by the hotel.. their song list seems okie too.

jbride

hi gals,

wow! take me a long time to read all the postings
happy.gif
i guess most of us have either finished our PS or going for PS ya...

really enjoyed my PS
biggrin.gif
me too...can't bear to take off my gowns...feels like a princess...haha...

hey, i went to the beach too...but i took off my heels & walked on the beach...

micky, thx for sharing your photos...u look great!

akira

leo, yar loh.. miss you all already...esp since I missed last month's gathering... seems like no response yet.. think the rest prob a lot more busy... good thing that you are already getting all excited and in wedding mood already..

boo_boo

hi all,
me also a nov bride... would also like to join in ur group so who do i email my details to? n wat do i have to include? thx.....
was looking at all the other msgs..... then realised i'm so behind time. haha...... guess both hubby n i very bo chap.... jus finished my PS yesterday only, dunno if they'll be able to get the album done by nov sigh.....
anyway, jus got my cards from the hotel now looking for a affordable printer. the hotel actually recommended jasvy. izzit very ex? i really dunno all these so need to ask for opinions. or do any of u have contacts of cheaper printers?
thx.....

starmiffmel

wah..alot of u all wearing kua.. n cs..
i not sure yet..

akira, yah so lucky man.. can manage to find.. if not i going to cry liao ah..
phew...
oh, the gathering ...sigh sigh. 19th got class gathering, if i dont go wait get killed.. cos i miss 1 liao. 26th got company event..am organising committee member so lagi cannot run. so sad.

meow, good for u, i collected the big album. small album they still doing loh.. something like scrap book.

anyone else want to go to mani pedi next week or following week? heheh, chio kaki.

i tell u all, i arrange a visit to the dentist in oct..clean my teeth so that my smile nicer..hahah so funnie.. =p

baobei

hi, jbride..

u also went to sentosa....how is it? which part of sentosa u went to? I heard my colleague said that there is a church there,is it true??

Hi,micky,ca i have a look at ur pic too??

meowie

I'll be available on 26th. But maybe a little late. Who's consolidating this time?

Grace,
You very heow leh. Teeth also must whiten ah. Then miffy need to dress mei mei too to walk in or not. He'll be very smart too.

besse

halo..

me ok for both dates to meet up "
happy.gif

Meowie.. just went my new place.. everything almost up.. now pending lights, wall paper and touching up and paint jobs, prob will be handing over in end Sept..

Any one can recommend the shelfs to be put up in storeroom???

Meow, muz bring photos when we meet again hor!!!

meowie

Hey girls, we forgot about our new little member booboo.

Booboo...welcome
bounce.gif
I've received your mail. But details not all in, i'll reply your message.

As for your printing problem i think you can refer to some previous posting. Some of them have their cards print elsewhere. I can't help you lor, my restaurant will settle the printing for me.

kopibean

Hi besse,

I have 1 contact....cos get it frm those flyers in my letterbox!!I use tat cos i think all the shelf r the same material n design.
Can I pass u the contact next mon as it is in my new hse?

wow...Meow..so fast u collect ur album liao siah...me still waiting for photographer to call me...wait till neck long long liao..

Hi Booboo,
Welcome n Nice to see u !!

gals,
me can only make it on 26th sept as 19th sept got appt liao...

meowie

Besse,
if you look at these few days straits time, you'll find a number of contact in there. Sorry i thought its common, so didn't cut them out.

mtmtmt

Meow, I'm previously MT.

Just went TD printer again today to submit my pic (doing postcard insert, in addition to the usual gold-stamp words on the free red invit card). My hotel was nice enough to absorb the extra 20 invit cards I requested (on top of the 75% quota in contract negotiated).

Those considering printing pic- the price difference negligible between sepia/ b&w and 4-tone glossy. 4-tone glossy is the colour pic, very huge improvement in looks/ quality.

Now end up each invit set costs $1.75 (enough for Hamburger n ice-cream cone at Macs). But still tempted to print thank-u bookmarks with personalised ribbons... HB's going to strangle me. Total up I might as well have gotten the silk-wrapped cards instead?

My GDL is 18-Oct, only getting 4 boxes of kah-lui-bang each $40 thereabouts from my hotel, no other cakes cos lehcheh to deliver to relatives (no pte transport).

liching

Sign! Sign! Sign! Having too many sisters in the family means big problem...
When to my MIL house for 15th today....got attack by surprise by my SILssssss...Now they're trying to get (or rather have already got) involved in the table arrangements....
Sob! Sob! Thay say the 2 red tables:- one for their side & 1 for mine....which means My Parents cannot sit with me!
Cannot Tah Han! I voiced out that i would want both parents to sit with us! (Luckly, my FH is no my side on this issue) Ooppps! I think a little fiction create there...(i'm expecting more to come)...
Then they insisted the rest of our VIP table be consists of all the relative from China...
Jus wonder is it our wedding or theirs....Imagine having dinner with ppl I've & my Fh never seen before on our wedding night...
While my & his brother sit elsewhere???

Sign! I'm insisting my FH to scan tru the guest list before i get another surprise attack again...

How come this things din happen at my brother's wedding? Sign! Bid Headache!

liching

Leo29,
Not greedy lah...
Jus that i never use to wearing gold...but "Cai Chan" got lots of silver, crystal, costume jewellery & a tiny diamond stards i wear eveyday...

Imagine if i get the Gold pieces form my MIL, they'll (my SILs) definitely made me wear thoase on that day...SILs are in their late 40s & 50s (very traditional type)...
Plus, i think it's really waste money if they get me things i won't wear later. I'm fine even if they dun get me anything. If not i'll fell obligated..

& of course for my own Mummy, getting a gift for remembrance is only i ask for. Dad bought me a "Kerosang" for my Kebaya which is theonly thing i requested from them. Being "Noyna" i tot it would be nice to have something link with my culture.
My Mum, who knows my taste better bought my a diamond ring & pair of ear-rings. (i think it's the most expensive small assets i have so far.
I'm feeling rather pitched though...i should have insisted i dun want anything.

liching

Someone memtioned about having to kneel during "Ji Cai"?

Come on! It's a respect & i tot it's also a gratitude gesture lor.
Ay made your elders happy on that day won't " Loo Gee" one lah!
"Your days be better mah!" Jus kidding...
I think it should be done (kneeling down for elders) when tea is serve to them...unless they insist U dun.

liching

akira,
Have checked wif frens doing banquet line...An average 2 bottles a table should be enough...
Lets say 30 tables - 60 bottles...
But if yours is on weekends then maybe 3-4 bottles

piper

hi jbride,

enjoyed ur PS huh? got photos to share with us yet?

now u must be really excited to see how the photos will turnout...

sunnyling

Helooooo gals

Long time bo post here liao, you gal talk so fast lah so I didn't comment anything but do read the posting.

I was searching for my red wine now also so can I know where you gals buy your red wine ah?????? Any gal going to employ make-up artist for Mom and MIL? I looking for it any recommendation??????

DK

I already done my song and select all those song liao..

So where is all the MJ kaki when is our 1st session of MJ ah?????

aloevera

hi gals,
abt songs compilation. does any1 know wa'ts the title of the song which is normally played after d channel 8 "Romance de armour" huh? do u tink it's appropriate 2 use 4 either march-in or champagne pouring?

yeah,where can we find reasonably priced red/white wine ha?

can i join in d gathering? do i need to rsvp? "__"

leo29

Hi Boo Boo..,

Welcome you to our big family!

Grace,

Me too planned to go dentist but in Nov lah. Also want to look Siu Siu when I smile.... Meow said we hiao lei.... Must wack her backside when we see her the next time

Besse,

Your photos so fast can collect liao hah mine will be ready in Mid Oct. Can't show you all liao....

DK,

My parents won’t be seating with me also.... We got 2 VIP, one for us with hubby family and the other is for my family. By right this should be the correct arrangement unless you have only 1 VIP table then your parents should seat with you. And if you ve grandma, uncles and aunties, they(According to rank) should be seating at the VIP table instead of your sibling.

Their china relatives is your hubby uncles and aunties or your FIL sibling? Maybe they think that they came all the way from China so must give them privilege lor. Sai Yang Sai Yang, don’t get so work out. Cool yourself down by telling yourself that they just want to make their brother wedding a perfect one so more or less they will give comments. Just bear with it if they are not too much and don’t make your hubby in difficult position hor.

For me, sometimes i do think that the older generation way of doing is correct which I never ever think of. The most serious is to avoid gossipping... which is the most serious weapon to our parents and IL.

leo29

Aloe,

Hahaha..., i tot of using that song also but you know what is the song name... Bitter Love. Cannot use lah!

You are welcome to join our gathering. So which date u can?

Gathering Attendance:

Sept 19 - Besse
Sept 26 - Leo, Meow, Besse, Kopibean, Yve

Did i miss out anyone? Please add in if i overlook you. Pai seh!

teatree

hi all,

i'm done with my ps. like jbride said, couldn't bear to get out of my gown. hehehe... but it was so difficult for me to climb into and out of travis' SUV. and it didn't help that my skirt is super big.

there were some hiccups along the way that made me upset. we weren't allowed to take photos inside my church despite the fact that we have asked for permission and we knew a couple who took inside. and they didn't have the courtesy to let us know that we couldn't take photos inside. was really mad at them. we have really wasted time going there. sigh...

anyway, i'm just hoping the photos will turn out good.

cath

hi bibip,
to code the angpaos so that we noe who has given the angpao to us.

Hi kk, fishball and the rest of Oct brides,
hv u tot of the march in songs yet?? I'm so in a lost... can share share what are the songs which you have shortlisted?

serene_sng

Hi gals,

I have post my one and only outdoor pic in novas for you guys to views... comment pls...

leo29,
I also take my album during that time..sianzzz..

Also,im going to BKK tonite... anyone want to buy anything..??? or can suggest wht to buy over that...?? where is our BKK gal(Meow)..??? SUGGESTIONS PLS!!

jbride

hihi,

girl, nope, i didn't go to sentosa, went to the small small beach near changi safra coz we wanna take some shots of the greenery...

piper, yeah, i enjoyed it...really excited to see how the photos will turn out...we didn't had time to take any shots during our PS
sad.gif
dun think i'll be able to get my proof back soon rite?

btw, how's your prep gals...it's less than 3 mths b4 our big day...seems like there's a lot of things to do eh...*stressed*

meowie

Whahh.... *cry* Dun beat meowmeow. So ugly yet adorable and so kind to everyone.
lame.gif

DK, me too have completed selecting my songs.
happy.gif
One load off finally.