(2003) Brides of year 2003

aloevera

besse,can u send me a pic of the wrist corsages for yr ah yee huh?

does any1 know when is the NATA travel fair huh? did any1 of u go to the home maker fair? i need to get those small side drawers to put beside my bed so tat i can put the lamp..can some1 recommend where to buy?

im still abit confused abt gg into the xin fang after GDL/Ann chuang leh. can some1 pl enlighten me? my GDL is 3 wks b4 my AD, wun d floor be very dirty if we dun mop on d day b4 AD? also do we put the bedsheet cover during ann chuang or on d WD itself?

teatree

hi naturally,

yeah i know how you must be feeling after a fight. hope you and him will make peace soon. i usually can't stand being mad at my fiance for too long. he would show me a guilty puppy look every time i'm angry. hehe...

have done your card printing and guest list?

i'm doing my own hand-bouquet. hee... i have practiced with roses. anyway, i'm choosing calla lilies for ps, which are even easier to tie. just need to find some nice ribbons and double-sided tape.

cutiechar

Hi Sandgirl!

Your PS tomorrow ar? mine on the 20th..alot of things not done yet..haven buy alot of stuff..
According to the early postings,the items to bring actually wont be use. e.g. blotter ..etc but I think mineral water most important. I oso haven think of going where for PS..lazy to think.wahaha..:p

Hi naturally

You like heatwave sandals as well? Me too..but they always no stock..eh..I veri confused leh..shld I wear sandals or shld I wear the heels for the actual day to PS?

If wear sandals, will the gown get dirty?

cheers!

sandgirl72

Hi teatree
so yr PS is done in 1 day for both indoor & outdoor shooting? ours is separated into 2 days..

must pray hard that the weather for this next 2 days will be good and fine.

so where will U be going for outdoor? Sentosa?

tonight i m going to collect my 2nd EG from Allure for tomorrow indoor PS! i'm very excited to see the complete piece of this lovely EG designed by Allure

sandgirl72

Hi cutiechair

ya lor my PS is on tomorrow and Thurs lor.. i m thinking of bringing mineral water and some snacks (in case my hubby hungry).

so far i only went to do my mani & pedi last evening @ Voxy Seiyu Junction 8 Bishan..

we both oso dunno where to go for outdoor, actually intended to go to the bridal suite of Meritus Mandarin but heard from the Manager that nothing much to take pix from that suite, so gave up the idea... most likely will leave it to the photographer to decide la..

bibip

hi serene, gift for GDL? i dun get you leh?!?

wah.. innovative ah... maybe i can consider that too! hehhehe...

i'm still looking ard for hairstyles leh... but still have 3 weeks.. think still have time lah..
happy.gif

besse

Hi Aloevera

I've posted the pict of my wrist corsage under novas groups, Misc.

Leo, Yve,

Chosen my picts.. err.. was stuck at 40 picts, (basic package oni has 20), so decided to upgrade all the way for the 2K top up.. ended up with abt 70 picts and Andrew threw in a free slide show and table top :p .. hope he can digitally enhance the picts well :pP

Pok kai liaoz

teatree

hi sandgirl,

yup, my ps is only 1 day for both outdoor and indoor. will be a little rushed i guess. heee... i'm praying hard that tomorrow will be a sunny day cos i want to go to east coast park to take the blue sky. will be going to holland v and my church too. how about you?

so, is tomorrow your indoor or outdoor shoot?

shirlynn77

Hi Leo29,

My hubby also came directly from our new Punggol place to fetch me in the morning. Initially plan to take photos before going back to in laws place, but my MIL insist that bride must go back to pray to ancestors before going anywhere.

But I think you should be able to enter the room anytime since that is your wedding day liao.

Did not really ask a boy to jump on the bed, as time do not permits us to do that. And only my side have young kids, his side all old liao.

Don't worry meow, I think a lot of couples nowadays delay their honeymon trip due to time schedules.. but anyway, you will still have the same feeling of newly wed no matter where you are as both of you will be together.

Also something for you to look forward to that will keep you smiling all days

meowie

Thanks Shirlynn, will jus take a few days off then leave for the whole week.

Besse,
saw your corsage. A bit stiff leh, but overall still nice. But must remember to have a opening for the ah yee to wear. Make a hook or something like that, else wearing one will take some time leh. Hey, realise you got the same paper roses as mine.
happy.gif

How's reno? Still doing carpentry? Me most prob will start my carpentry next week or the week after next.

Min,
miss me or not? Long time never chat liao leh.

meowie

Aloevera,
If you are a new member with us, you wanna sent your details to me so i can compile them? Please sent to [email protected]:
Nick:
Birthdate:
ROM date:
Actual day:
Venue of banquet:
dialect of bride+groom:
AD photographer:
PS date:
Others i can't remember.

wenz

Hi Besse
Thanks! Will talk to my coordinator about the suite.
Feel my coordinator not very helpful. Everything also cannot commit. v Fan!!!

You will enjoy the food tasting. The food is really nice but portion might be a bit small.
If you are getting wine from hotel, ask your coordinator to include one bottle for food tasting. I asked for Penfolds. It is quite nice. Still thinking if it is worth paying $10 more.

Talking about gowns. Quite fed-up w designer. Until now, still have not informed me about first fitting date. Wait until very sian already!!!

Once everything is done, you will have a great sense of satisfaction!!! Turning a house into a HOME!!!

cutiechar

Hi Sandgirl

Woo..good leh can do PS for 2 days, which means that can wear ur gown twice..keke..I always cant bear to take off my white gown.. :$

Is the mani and pedi good or not at the bugis one? I need recommendations for mani and pedi coz never did b4 in my life..coz of wedding started to be veri vain ...haha...
same here,also no idea where to go for PS, just leave it to photographer.. : )

Hi Teatree,

holland village is a great idea! I am thinking of church pics but I dunno which church is nice for background shooting. My PS oso 1 day for outdoor and indoor only..so sure veri rush but the photographer says he can finsh at 2-3pm everything..issit possible?(I wonder?? )

Anyway, hope you gals have fun yeah!

cheers

are

hi all... do u think there is a need to update our nicks? some hv changed nicks & i'm not too sure who is who liao. ;P

for those who hv changed, can post here so changes can be done?

meowie

Are, that's a good idea. For those who has changed theirs theat not obvious, please let me know. Will take the first nick to be nick rather than the one in bracket.

aloevera

hi all,
sorri if im intruding.. is this for only private discussion? do i need 2 seek any kindof permission to post my msg in this topic for discussion huh? paiseh.. im new here. hope i'm not creating any confusion..

hi meow,
i hv sent to you my particulars.. hope u received.

leo29

Besse,

Wow... 70 pixs, alot lei... must be very nice lah..... So excited hah, 2am still cannot get to sleep. Did you get back all your photos and negative? We can take back becos we spent more then $800 so all will be return to us. Me very Gong lei, forget to ask for additional thing, like extra table top. My hubby was telling me when we have left the place. I think we are too happy with the photos until being carry away.

Shirlynn,

Your MIL is correct, you should go back to her house and pray before you proceed to any other place. For my case becos my MIL house don't have god and ancestor so no need to go back to her house. They will all gather at my punggol house.

amore

aloevera... no lah u dun have to seek any permission... just dat... when we tok we prefer to at least noe who are we toking to.... so we wont feel like we are toking to strangers....

leo n shirlynn... ahh like dat ah... wat if my hse no god/ancestor... meaning no "shen tai".. but my late grandpa/late grandma hse have..i have to go there??? ohoh..... nebber plan this leh....my mum was telling me the "long feng chu" will be at my late grandpa/late grandma place.... do I need to marry off from there??

serene_sng

Hi gals,
So many postings!!! sick yesterday.... didnt manage to log in..
I also very happy until forgot to ask can take back the extra pics & negatives or not...but scared they charge us... cos they did told us that cannot take the extra pics back...how..?? sobsob
Shirlynn,
Thanks for the advice!

leo29

Amore,

Actually you no need to marry off from your late grandpa/grandma place. And by rite, your Long Feng Chu are suppose to be place at your mum's house. If house got no god/ancestor, just no need to pray but tea serving will be as usual. My Punggol house also no god but we will burn our Long Feng Chu there. This is just my opinion base on our practise. Pls follow your mum's way if she is very confirm that this is the rite way. Last time, my hubby intend to use his sister's house(Bigger Space) for our wedding ceremony but was told off by my MIL. She said wedding is a happy and lucky event, must held at our own house to bring us luck. Cannot go other ppl house. When I told my mum about our planning, was also lecture by her.

lkf

leo

yiling is at the blks 68x something, hougang ave 8 there. there's lots of neighbourhood shops there, even got 1 or 2 tat sell guo da li stuff.

are

i will be getting a dozen of red wines as my hotel already provide a free-flow of beer. u need to hv some hard liquor to stand by too although nowadays people dun really drink them.

leo29

Aloevera,

I replied your email liao. Pls take a look.

Ya lor, you Wu4 Hui4 alreay. You no need to seek permission to post here. Meow was just asking for your particulars to be placed in our Novas(We call ourself) list. As what Amore had said, with the list for you to refer back you'll know who you are talking to. You will feel more close in this way, just like talking to your friends. Correct gals?

leo29

lkf,

I think i know where already. Thanks! You order your cake already? Ai yoh..., yesterday see my parents discuss the cake, really can vomit blood. They will talk talk talk but never come to a final conclusion. I'm going to see how they going to answer during the parents meet up discussion which is this Sun. Hee...., me very bad hor.

are

leo29... certainly! ;P so those who changed their nicks... kuai kuai xian sheng, so we noe who u r! ;P

lkf/amore... so u 2 getting 12 bottles oni. i was planning to get 30 bottles! hahahaha... think my guests all jiu kwee! hahaha... i promised my dad tat it wun run out lor, cos we juz attended a dinner where the waitress kept telling us to wait when we asked for refills, then we realised they ran out of wine. and it was oni the 2nd dish!

am preparing 30 bottles red wine & some hard liquor for 28 tables. think most my guests will drink, so dun want to risk finishing b4 the dinner end.

but they are old ppl, so wat a fren suggested is the 1st 10 bottles buy better ones, then the rest cheaper ones, cos by then they wun be able to tell the diff! ;P think it'll work?

amore

are.... coz getting from hotel... think if it run out... the banquet manager will inform us and check with us if we wanna open more bottles.... that happen to my best fren wedding... initially she ordered 30L beer.. the guest finish this 30L.. the manager ask if they wanna have another barrel.....

so i think start with 12 bottle should be quite safe... and me same as lkf... got free flow beer leh... so i planning to tell my guest to go for beer more hehehee...

leo29

Are,

2nd dish finish the wine liao! Very pai seh one lei. I believe the older generation ppl, sure gossip one. We still haven't confirmed the qty we want but should be 50 bottles or more. Red wine nowadys is such a high demand during dinner so mush standby more. And have to standby at least 5 bottles hard liquor, got Taiwan guests and my boss, they are all good hard liquor drinker.

lkf

are

tat's scary..run out of wine at the 2nd dish!!! siong man...but most of my friends r not really wine drinkers, mebbe shld order 1 and 1/2 dozen to play safe..hehe

leo

cakes huh...not yet lah, beginning of next mth then placed order since my GDL is 24/10 but source for the shops already.

dun need to vomit blood lah...i think mine also sama-sama. i also asked my mom how many boxes she want, then she said see how so i told her, better count the no of boxes wait hor not enuf to give all the relatives then will lose face ...hahaha...btw wat ur ILs n parents discuss during ti qing huh? becos my mom will not prepare a list of things altho i tried so hard to persuade her to and she said tat sounds like she is selling off her daughter, then she said the other relatives also tell her no need to list down. dunno whether my ILs will read her mind n know wat she wants or not
sad.gif
think i better tell my hubby to prepare the "Hai wei" n hard liqour 1st.

serene_sng

Hi gals,

Very troublesome hor.. my MIL say give my mummy hongbao.. then whtever she wants then my mummy go and buy...sound better that way...

Im not intend to buy any red wines in my wedding cos i got free flow beer and alot of hard liquor (from my MIL) so not intend to spend more.. so we didnt plan to have any red wines.. Wht do you guys think??

aloevera

leo & amore,
thks for clarifying..^__^.. this thread appears like a big family 2 mi.. every1 is aware of each other's developments.. me trying 2 read & digest when i hv some time. : )

leo, luckily my parents quite straightforward, they juz gimme the names of relatives whom they wish to give, & the total qty is decided. of course i oso include some for my closed frens & colleagues. believe yr parents will know tat they shld request for a few boxes more, accept the qty they need, then return them remaining boxes. hokkien practice is not to accept all lor.

believe most of us will hv cocktail b4 dinner rite? do u prefer beer 2 be served at the start of the cocktail or wait until dinner then serve huh?

besse

wenz.. *patpat.. mai sigh abt the gown.. will turn out ok la..

Ya, excited abt the home.. looking forward to putting the finishing touches!!

Meow

Yesday went up to my place to take a look.. they in process of putting in carpentry.. quite good so far, cos we go for minimal laminates, mostly veneer.. so quite ok
happy.gif
hehe.. excited!!

Ya, the corsage will have a opening.. my auntie got the flowers from chatuchak mkt and she is doing it up for me. she said will add ribbon to make it softer
happy.gif
hehe.. since she loves doing such stuff, i won turn her goodwill down! ;)

Yve, Leo..

err.. annor.. 70 picts.. i oso faint.. but mostly in collage form, so is ok lar, not all 70 blow up lor.. picts are alright.. i am quite disappointed cos my false eyelashes pulls my eyes up too high.. looks pretty harsh.. don like.. think i will do without the fake eyelashes on AD.. *SULK*

teatree

hi cutiechar,

i know! i also want to be always wearing the gown. hehehe...

we asked permission to take in one of the restaurants in holland v, it's the sushi bar called raku. also, the church is my church and have to ask permission to take photos inside there too.

you too have fun!!

meowie

Hi aloevera, i've reply your mail.
happy.gif

Besse, lucky you man. Me will jus wait and see. Yes, i got the flowers from the market as well.
happy.gif

serene75_serene

Hi bibip,
Paiseh..type too fast..wat i meant is that:
My parents wil be inviting frens too..but won't be giving them those pig trotters can, cakes etc (which will be given during GDL)..so need to push them to send the wedding cards to frens earlier..some more my mum gg overseas for a week in end Sep..so must push her to work
happy.gif

akira

serene, whether to serve wines or not depends on your frens' and colleagues' drinking habits. 2 weeks ago I attended a fren's wedding dinner.. the couple didn't serve wine and his good frens were 'complaining'. I think our generation people dun really drink hard liquor and have learnt how to drink wine with meals. anyway, I'm getting about 4 bottles of wine for every table of frens/colleagues .. hopefully will be enough and standby some hard liquor for the older generation just in case.I think I hang ard with too many drinkers lah
happy.gif
and its impt to me tat guests must enjoy themselves. just my 2 cents worth

kerenelu

Hi Serene,

May i ask something? Where would u put the ang pow box? On the reception table or underneath the table? Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid.. kekekeee...

babypooh

normally u will ask someone to look after the box. most of the time it is on the table as guests can deposit the ang pao. hope it helps.

meowie

Sorry, did anyone mention about getting cakes from "Choz". If i didn't remember wrongly, my sister sis-in-law open that shop.

bibip

helo serene, oh ok.. i get what you mean liao.. hehehe... yah, must push, so you can RSVP earlier. for my mum, she say she only gif the cards to those frens who will def turn up... so i guess it's 100% attendance on her side.. if she's rite loh, so i dun need to RSVP on this..
happy.gif
oct coming soon.. better fast fast
happy.gif

helo kerenelu, yup, emma is rite, someone will look after the box for you, find a trusted person.. the box will be on the table, so the guests can put the ang bao into the box loh
happy.gif

liching

Leo29,
I dun think Fruit tarts is a good idea for GDL cos i believe these are meant for your imediate relatives when U sending your invitation to them...if the weather is too hot, the tarts will be rather messy. But it's rather special to recieve tarts for a change though...it's ok if your relative stays nearby & there's not many of them to deleiver to.

Someone Mention:
Ah Chung & GDL?
Well some ppl have that on the some day....& once Ah Chung the bed should not be occupied till the AD.

Meow,
My GDL also on 2 Nov lei! I think me & FH really Boh Chap...We still seating around during nothing & waiting for our parents to tell each what they want....
the only thing i know must have is the "Long Feng" Candles, Lamps (from my side),can pig trotters(Qty KIV), teaset (from my side - no need cos use PIL's),cake (Boxes- KIV).
Ay yah...troublesome!...I jus hope they dun give me last mins requests?

Hey the AMk stall is the Househole shop is it? I remember they sell teasets also...it's about $15 or so they've 3 to 4 designs. I din know they got sell the lamps....I go see!

Yve, I was thinking of getting those modern bedside lamps then paste the "Xi" sticker (for pratical reasons)...but i'm no so sure is there a "no=no" to other than red lamps?

Are or is it Yve,
Heng ah! Confirm both sides no gold coin with the rope chain oledi for the "Jia Zhung" from Mum & "4 dian Jing" from MIL. My mum & "Ta Sao" brought me the jeweller to pick the items & i have not seen those from MIL.
BUT! "Jin Cha" time dunno have not?....both Mums never mention.

yve

dk, hahha.. login at 1am in the morning of cos got typo lah.. my mom went to buy all the GDL stuff yesterday.. red baby bathub, red tray, red baby potty.. got the bedside lamps too.. traditional design running on batteries.. i think modern design with the xi sticker is fine too, but check with parents lah.. mom spent about $80 at chinatown.. and that's only for the ger's side.. MIL gng to buy the guy's side stuff next weekend..

The teaset that my mom bought cost $19, but I dun like the quality. But nevermind lor, since buy already..

kerenelu

Hi Ladies!

Thanks! My hubby was saying the box should be under the table so that it will not be carried away easily.. hahahaa...

But i was thinking since u ladies wrap the box up so nicely how can it be placed under the table rite? :p

leo29

Aloevera,

Normally beer is serve only when the dinner start. I will stick to this way if not sure very fast finish one. If you are having free flow beer then you can go ahead with beer being serve during cocktail but I doubt the hote will agree.

Akira,

4 bottles per table…..alot lol. Yesterday told my friend that I planned 2 bottles per tables and she told me no need. She said the more you have the more they drink and they will neglect your beer. It’s quite true! She just have her wedding so she experiment it. Anyway all this depend on individual and the guests we invited. I have cut down my bottles from 100 bottles to 50 bottles.

DK,

Yah, that is the shop. Their lamp is right at the end of their shop. They placed together with the tea sets. But I think you saw the tea set at the cashier counter, rite.

You sound greedy... joking lah! The jewelry that our mum buy is to be given to us during Tea serving unless your mum but extra for you. Si Dian Jin is to be given to us during GDL so MIL have to buy one more for tea serving. Some they used Ang Bao to replace which i more prefer becos i believe i won't wear those jewelry unless i like it.

akira

DK andLeo

yah.. agree tat 4 bottles for per table is quite a bit.. but hor will only serve abt 20 glasses and tats 2 each.. v little if frens/colleagues are not in a 'tame' mood... on the ave if I drink, I normally finish abt half a bottle during dinner and I'm only considered an average drinker among them... so you see my dilenma...but luckily its weekday and I only have abt 15 tables of frens/colleagues... already budgeted for this 'loss' rite at the beginning so its alright I guess.. most impt everyone must enjoy...