(2003) Brides of year 2003

sandgirl72

good morning ladies...

last week has been an upset and busy one for us... encountered some hiccups in our banquet with the hotel..

went for my 1st WG & EG fitting last Sat @SB. Quite ok la.. kekekee.. going for my 2nd fitting next Sat.. and soon our turn for PS liao..

will be going for my 2nd EG fitting with Allure this Fri. very satisfactory even on my 1st fitting..

btw, have anyone of U start to print invitation cards yet?

are

hi all... there's a page in LIFE section today toking abt the different fairs and their details. you might want to keep it for reference.

meowie

Aries,
Amore had Benny Ang for her PS and actual day. You want can contact her.
Like what LKF has said, you wanna sent your details to me? Its only sent to us Novas, no outsiders. From there think you can also see who's falling the same date as you and also the which photographer is taken up. Please sent to [email protected] with the followings:
Nick:
Actual Name:
Birthdate:
ROM Date:
Actual Day:
Venue of banquet:
Email address:
Contact No.:
New home location:
Name of bridal:
Actual day photographer:
Photo shoot date:
Dialect of bride + groom:

Leo, then i think you can try Home Merchant at Changi. The sofa are very nice too. Maybe Liano at Suntec?

Besse,
forgot one thing, get a free doorbell from them.

wedsoon

Hi leo29,
I am just worried that by NATAS fair all the tickets will be fuly booked as Nov is school holidays for secondary and JC students as O level examinations starts at 3 nov 03. Better booked early else too late. I will be going to US and stopping over at Japan-Tokyo for a 3 days trip. I will be staying at US for 15 days, self-drive will be interesting but tiring too. My boss warned us that we might come back with divorce due to self-drive hahahahaha
happy.gif

Hi akira,
I will be staying with my parents. Thank god. I thot Bishan Loft will be ready within this month or next. So you are deciding to go to Europe? It will be romantic and cold too ;p

Hi meow,
Take care of yourself and have a good rest/sleep now. Drink lots and lots of water.

are

wedsoon... is school holidays starting so early??? i tot its mid or end nov, esp aft the SARS closure. my relatives were complaining when they knew my wedding's 1 Nov leh, say exams the kids hard to come. then i better expect more kids to turn up man...

lkf

leo

yah heard lots of gd comments on his personality. hopefully he can make me relax cos' i am the super kan chiong type :p where u go 4 ur PS? allow me to refer refer.

meow

rest well n more today since u will be on nite shift again tomolo. dun get yourself too tired n stress up in the reno thingy. all will end well
happy.gif

besse

HI Aries

I've done my PS, but not selected photos. haha.. compared to you.. seemed like we are gan cheong spiders ;) hmm.. but good to plan earlier cos if not will stress yourself up nearer to wedding..

Anyway, your love nest done up? where is it?

Wedsoon..

wat airlines you taking and how much u paying? mind sharing? i saw northwest has a good deal at 918 to west coast.. actually was also considering US.. could decide between US or Europe.. but we definitely will go for self drive F&E.

Meow..

hehe.. ok. noted abt the doorbell ;).. so you confirm getting new contracter ar? hmm. but is elfa willing to share the detailed designs??

Aiyo, i oso v v ngeow.. think my ID v scared of me.. bargain like siow and even payment terms i oso scrutinise and i insisted to pay the 50% downpayment with credit card (can chalk points and translate to retail dollar ma) .. they super pengsan cos must incur extra service charges..

Leo jie

Haha.. wa.. so good no budget?! hehe.. we started with no budget, then realised we have tendency to go for expensive stuff.. so better put a tag to the sofa.. if you really have no budget, and you wan nice nice sofa.. go ParkMall, XZQT and iStyle for the more high end wans.. i see oledy i drool.. but won pay S$7 - 12k for a sofa set.. else you can custom made the sofa lor.. can give you my id's contact to check them out.. they custom made sofa with a brand called "Substance"

Lami is modern contemporary style. Akira gave u the info liaoz.. great world city or marina sq 2nd floor where the furniture clusters are.. Can also try the LifeShop at Paragon

lkf, not sure when's promo over.. but if wanna book, best make a booking earlier.. don hv to pay 1st mah.. just get the flights u wan.. pay oni last day prior to tick confirmation lor ;) but tot you going turkey? Was also considering Turkey, but it's sharing a border with Iraq leh

Akira

Wah.. your PS shorter than mine.. hmm.. ok, i better don grumble to much ;)

wedsoon

are,
It is school holiday for secondary and JC students but for primary school students, some of them starts exam on the 3 Nov 03. Primary 4 and 6 students will have their streaming and PSLE earlier. Some of my colleagues are not coming to my wedding due to their childrens' exam
sad.gif

matka

erm. Bibip, you kiasu? Erm... not as kiasu as me. I've already sent mine out! Early last week hehehe...

We went for our food tasting last night. But i think i was so greedy i over-ate. *burp* Felt quite sick after that. heheheh.

Serene, what kind of silver ink are you using? I realised that different brands of pens produce different quality of ink. Some are duller, while some are actually brighter. So you might just want to go to the bookshop to test them out, if you haven't already done so
happy.gif

bibip

hi serene, how much did you pay for your package to NZ? hubby wana go NZ leh...

i'm using gold and silver pens for my invites.. mine is only a ivory insert with gold letterings.. for your red cards, i think you can use silver pen.. it will look outsatanding loh...

helo matka.. hehehe.. you very fast huh? last nite, i still staring at my cards and wondering whether i should start or not.. quite lazy leh.. hehehe...

so the food tasting must be really gd lah.. that's why you overeat.. erm.. where is your dinner ah??

lkf

besse

me still considering turkey but tat wil be a grp tour. wonder there will be any airlines offer tied in wif natas, if the airfare is attractive then can consider gng 1 or 2 c'tries in Europe f&e.

matka

Hi bibip

i suppose it's a good time to start now because you probably want them to RSVP by mid-month and get the seating arrangements done. For those who RSVP earlier, you'll know if they can or cannot come and perhaps can invite those whom you weren't able to include earlier. But not too late tho, like a week before. :p

The food was really yummy. Before i knew it, i ate so much... i didn't even know it when I was seated. It was only when i started walking that I realised how ill i was. ehhe. the dinner's at the fullerton. The food is from Jade Restaurant by Tung Lok.

leo29

Akira,

Hahaha.... so you another one like to eat fish huh, Ms meow meow. Originally, me too shortlist Maldives but find it quite ex. Plus..., i don't really like sea sport so no point going lah. Had drop Maldives. Now will choose between Europe and NZ. Japan may in my list also.

I think Amore is going to Maldives.

Yesterday you recommended a furniture shop at Great world city. What is the name hah? I lost my paper and i too lazy to trace back. Can tell me again. What type of sofa there have?

Meow,

I think you mix up liao. But hor... i not very sure also. I think Amore actual day is Andrew Tay PS id Benny Ang.

HM at Changi Where?

female

well, thanks nicole! like cookiemz, i was vexing abt the ribbons - i went bras brasah, but the shade & size just not right. will check out concourse.

aigee, a matte satin white with thin straps also can. its more subtle if u want attention to be on the dresses. my EG is at the knees, sooo hard to find shoes, but finally, last sunday, found a custom-shoe shop at holland v. i could actually match the colurs almost exactly because u choose own fabric fr textile shop. $59 only! takes abt 2 weeks. whew, 1 headache gone! i saw a gorgoeous pale champagne gold fabric, u can consider.

yes, yes, breathe...all os us...breatheeee.
happy.gif

akira

leo jie, its the same one tat Besse prob mentioned to you lah.. Lami also.
happy.gif
so you are sitll torn between whether to go Europe huh?? I dun really like cold but then Europe does sound tempting. anyway the Japan trips tat are advertised now all look quite cheap so its quite tempting... even though I've been there quite a no. of times already. but I love Japanb and food there.. can eat all I want after the wedding.. ke ke ke

meow, take care.

Aries, a belated welcome
happy.gif

leo29

lkf,

We went to Fullerton, a natural park at Bukit Merah and Changi beach.

Wedsoon,

Wow...., total 18D. Long holidays. You and your hubby work in same company rite. Your boss allow you 2 to go off so long?

Actually i prefer self drive also but was worry on the safety.

Gals,

Just curious... how long your company give for marriage leave?

besse

For those planning to go US West coast, JAL has a pretty good package deal with 3 or 4 N accommodation thrown in at just S$1300..

Siow liao.. now start to feel the stress to get everything done.. *tear hair*

Leo, not sure how long is marriage leave.. prob 3 - 5 days. u leh? how long planning for honeymoon?

meowie

Hey thanks everyone one for your concern
happy.gif

Sweetie,
for the wrist corsage thing can we say do it on the last week of next month? We wait for Min and do together can? The 2 of you stay quite near mah. Cos first week, i was "forced" to run 3km for our team. Sianz ah.
sad.gif

Leo, See lah, my brain burnt by my fever liao lah.
lame.gif
. Home merchant is located at 11 Changi South Lane #01-01, beside the bodynits building near to expo and Nan wah building. Price is maybe a bit high but sofa not bad. Something like rainforest but cheaper.

Besse,
Boo hoo...you chase me away. After surfing net, i feel better liao. Told my colleague jus now...nah that guy lah...that internet is my antidote.
biggrin.gif
Joseph even suggest to my hubby to get another carpenter. Can save money and we also have all the drawings liao. hee so i'm only going for a carpenter, not contractor now. A reminder, i've already asked one who's dad is a carpenter but not sure if he's price is really not contractor price lor. Still waiting for his quote, then another carpenter will come on friday to my house to see see and also take measurement and quote. The guy who's father is a carpenter has already experience how niao i am. Cos i even found a hole on the top of the carpentry that the owner didn't even see that. He say my eyes very sharp and he knows that if he takes my job, he has to be very careful liao.
happy.gif

Aries, you need to make one too?
Anyone still need to use glue gun?? I'm willing to share.
happy.gif

meowie

Leo, my company gives us 3days marriage leave to clear on any dates within a year from ROM date i think. I plan to get it before my wedding to rest not to say take local leave too. I also wanted to go Europe, but hubby say maybe not too much $$ left. So plan to take a short trip first then next year when increase another 21days of leave then go somewhere further. Trying to convert 14days of leave to money first. Hee hee I told hubby i wanna go Bintan after watching the resorts on TV for holland village. Quite tempted to go, hubby say go those place like tell my friends that he very niao. So this means i can go somewhere more ex but not Europe lah. Maybe US to visit my aunt and cousins and get some precious moments back from there. My aunt say the tickets are very cheap now and its very safe lor.

Then my stupid hubby say go australia to attend his brother convocation. Stupid leh to go with his parents. He then ask himself to be a good son or good husband.?

leo29

Ai yoh...., Besse and Akira, pls stop calling me Leo Jie lei, you two make me sound like very old. Pls hor... you two only younger then me 1 year.

Akira,

Ya lor...., going to break into pieces liao and yet still can't decide where to go. It seem magnetic at europe side is stronger,
happy.gif

bibip

for my case, i will be putting the table nos. on the invites itself.. cos we are pretty sure of the turnout on that day... but i will still hoping that i can get all the invites out by this month.. hehe, maybe i should start today..

glad to know that you enjoy your food.. mine was average only.. just hope that actual day wun turn out bad loh.. cos heard stories that this hotel's food is not good loh.. hmmmz...

amore

aries... welcome on board! deciding on Benny for ur PS??...had my PS with Benny in May....enjoyed myself alot... and I like my photos... esp the outdoor one...

leo29

Besse,

Me was eyeing on 2-3 weeks honeymoon. But afraid hubby company might not let him go off so long,
sad.gif
. Me too, I think my company will give me 3-5 days marriage leave. Anyway, I still got bal 20 over days leave.

Meow,

Ok, will go and take a look this weekend. Tks for the address.

Indeed, Europe is not cheap. Everythings in, I think we need to spend at least 5-6K. X2 and that will be ten over K. Wow... this money can buy us many things huh....

Ya ya, good idea to visit your auntie. No need to worry accomodation, just pay the air ticket and some local expenses. Maybe $1500 is enough.

naturally

Hi hi everyone!
happy.gif

Enya,
Just for info, if u inform Raffles Marina 5 days in advance, fees will be cheaper than walk-in, or if u or your frens are members, then there will be a further discount rate.

Teatree,
i think my ps bouquet is from secret garden... my bs did the liasing, so didn't know they can be rude to customers... There are a lot of good florists around, if millenia shopping mall is convenient for u, then u may want to check out level 1 (sorry, forgot name), i like their creative wrapping, but they are rather pricy. I think there are a few threads here on florists which u can also check out.

Sandy,
Why upset? Speaking of hotel... i've not spoken to my coordinator since we sign up more than a yr ago... wonder if i shd call her up to ask abt invite cards?

And gals, i finally selected my pics, scanned a few photos from the proof prints, if anyone is interested, just pm me your email addresses.
happy.gif

meowie

Ah one more update on my house from HDB. My ceiling leak hor has been rectify liao. The owner above me and HDB has ask their contractor to do the amendments. Well my MBR toilet got leaking water lah. Then the indians couples above me got overlay lor, so their contractor need to help them solve the problem. At least we dun have to share the cost with the owner. Yippe Now HDB wants me to monitor for 1-2weeks see got leak or not.

lkf

leo

u sugested those places or Andrew? me clueless where to go lei...

if u plan to go NZ, end of the yr is a gd time. i stayed at the Corpthone Queenstown 2 yrs ago n my room actually faced the Remarkables n the Lake (forgot the name, cos there's lots of nice lakes there.), so u get to see snow mts u wake up
happy.gif
so nice...

vivace

hi female

tks for ur concern, yes, i hv bought my shoe, i love it so much and dont think will change it... well... juz hv to see Doctor often loh!

leo29

lkf,

Nope! I just tell him want i prefer and he show me a few pixs. All look Ok, so we set on that. Yesterday my frd pour a cold water over me on NZ. She said NZ very boring, no TV, no nite life.... Shit! Anyway, different ppl different feel. So i don't blame her lah. Will decide myself.

N

nicloe

hi female

its okie.... u can go down n see lor, they got a lot of ribbons there ... do update me wether u can find anything u like okie ....

sweetie

Meowie,
I bought a bottle of craft glue from spotslight and try to make one. My mum commented ugly cos the flowers are too tall...
sad.gif

Now, I am thinking of either do without or buy already. Wasted $15 for the materials...
Flowers wrong, how to salvage? Boo Hoo...

Yeah! Friday is chu yi liao! We can start buying wedding stuff and getting ready for the big day!

lkf

leo

unless u r very energetic n like to chiong a lot then tat's a different feel altogether. i went on a package tour so by the time we reached our hotel, we were either too tired or we ended up doing our laundry if we knew we r staying at tat place fo 2 nites
happy.gif
i won't say there is no nite life but of course not as bustling as asian c'tries.

akira

leo, dun mind us too much okie. if not can always call you leo mei-mei
happy.gif
I'm the eldest in the family so used to having mei-meis.

starmiffmel

Are,

okie since u asked. I have oso booked the same time as well..hehehhe
so kiasu =p

Meow,
i cannot find yr reply to me.. to many postings me blur liao..

jbride

hi gals,

naturally, i'll like to see your photos
happy.gif
thx!
my email is [email protected]

piper, teatree, yeah, i'm trying to sleep at least 8 hours this week & drinking more water...i'm meeting Travis this evening & will be going for my final fitting & trial MU tml afternoon...very excited
biggrin.gif

but I've not decide where to go for my outdoor shoot...um, will ask travis for recommendation...

sandgirl72

Naturally
well, since the day we signed our contract, i.e. last Nov till now, we have gone through a change of 3 different sales managers and the 1st 2 managers are great and helpful ones with exceptional to the 3rd one.

my hubby & I requested for a change of the 3rd manager and now our a/c is taken over by their Asst Dir of Catering. Crossing our fingers real hard that things will turn out well..

we've been given the contact for the printer liao. so we will go down to take a look at their cards and start our selection and printing soon..

i think it is wise and best and safer for U to call them now rather than wait for them to call. anyway the 7th lunar month is going to be over by this Wed, so we can get started with our preparation liao..

btw, i pm to U liao on yr photos.. would love to see see yr photos.. thank U..

yve

yeah!! so many postings..
happy.gif

I busy researching for my self-drive honeymoon in tasmania.. looking for accommodations.

are

grace... i oso tot a bit kiasu lor... but i tot i really like them, & they always so full, even in the afternn, then if cant get, ai wan, so wats the pt mah, might as well juz pick up the phone and call lor... ;P

sandgirl72

Hi Chicory
Sorry I meant Allure Charix at Amoy Street. Didn't take pics of it. I will wear for my PS..maybe till then I can share my pics.. heheheee..

S

sk

Hi Gals
Just like to check.. are you all providing wines for your guests? White or red?

THanks

B

blur blur

Hi all

What do we need to put on the reception table? a small banner to state "Groom's Side" " Bride's Side" ?

Erm.... btw having the wording "Groom's Side" is it werid? or i should say " Groom's Relative / Friends" ? can any one please suggest.

matka

That sounds really good bibip. I've seen another couple do the same - put table numbers on the invites.

which hotel are you using bibip?

blur blur, i have the exact same query!
happy.gif

aigee

hi female, cookiemz,

thanks for your adv on the shoes...

female, where's the shop at holland v? u have the address? maybe i will drop by to have a look..
happy.gif

lkf

are

u r not the only kiasu one. me too called them up n fix an afternoon appt wif them...hehe

yve

will u be staying at the Cradle Mt Lodge? I only went to Cradle Mt/Dove Lake but didn't stay overnite. but i heard from my friend the lodge is very cosy n nice, can see wild animals like squirrels outside the lodge. muz go wineglass bay too...nice sea view...

meowie

Sweetie,
Dun worry, you still can save your ribbon. But hor, i forgot the colour of your ribbon liao. What colour huh?? As i mention many times, you can get nice flowers like Grace's from Artfriend at bras basah. You go take a look at her wrist corsage in Yahoo. Dun worry, you're not very late in making those stuffs. I'm not sure craft glue can hold the flowers steadily leh.