(2003) Brides of year 2003

meow

lkf and others,
dun think my dad will really call to confirm the attendance. That's really what happen last year. My mum quietly call a few of my relatives to check if they are coming or not. My dad found out about it and scolded my mum and make a call to all the relatives to apologise. Stupid right? Then got a few empty chairs here and there. I'll jus leave my hubby to talk to him lah.

kare2711

Pausini
Do take good care of yourself. If you want more MC, then I think you should ask the doctor to give you more days of rest. Tell him you're pregnant and you would feel more assured if you get more days to rest. Otherwise, seek another doc. I know my colleagues always go to their gynaes and they have so many days of MC!

May and all
I was thinking, if we don't have many people joining us, we can always have sushi. That is, unless anyone doesn't take sushi. We can book a table or something. And then after that, we can head elsewhere for dessert and coffee, till Jazz meets us.

Marche is a good place for crowds. I know they are very crowded and you need to queue on Fridays. Maybe we can book a table? Again, I'm not a person for crowds and I can foresee people walking around a lot, staring at us looking at the photos.

M

mt

Hi Jenna, not having PS and only having AD pics is refreshing. You have not confirmed/ booked your venue yet? Quite late but I suppose you keep email contact with your coordinator right? Yours is 1 day after mine
happy.gif
You'd find all the BS/ photog/ venue details of all the ladies here after you "report" to Meow
happy.gif

wen

Hi Are
yesterday, i wore long track pants and spaghetti strap top. Find long pants very uncomfortable cos a lot of kicking and running.... today i am going to wear knee length tights... if i am not wrong, no need to wear sport shoes for pilates - supposed to be bare-footed. i will let u know after my class...

dont forget to include me for swimming....

leo29

Babyvon,

Yes, your mum have to tell your hubby side, how many table/cake/dowry and other things that she want for GDL

Meow,

Don’t hide all this troubles in your heart. It will spoilt your health. If not happy, just come in here complain...., I believe you will feel better. Don let this type of issues effect your mood. Stay happy, ok…. If not you wun look mei mei on wedding day lol.

Does that mean your dad want to take 12 tables from your hubby or he only ask for eg, 8 tables, the other 4 tables he will pay-this angbao he will take? Don’t keep quiet, be brave, no matter how you still have to settle it.

Have your IL come for Ti Qing? If you afraid to lose face then you may have to take over a few tables and pay by yourself. This is what my frd did. Eg, Your dad ask for 12, 10 tables hubby side pay and 2 tables you pay but angbao he will take.

You collected your photos already? Post and let us see. I don think it will look so bad.

besse

hi gals..

last posting before i run for PS..

Yve, ya, weather looks ok.. i pray hard in my sleep.. keke.. anyway, hope it will hold till evening.

k... August meet up then..

Are

I join in queue after sunnyling and wen for the "swimming"
happy.gif
keke, dying for my nest to be ready too..

hey, me on yahoo and msn.. ICQ too.. but office firewall block icq access... let's exchange nos...

Wen, Are

Pilates no nid wear shoes.. so no nid bring.. longs is better cos you will be doing a lot of floor exercises.. so wearing long will prevent zao geng..

k go liao... bye bye..

leo29

Besse,

Me ok with gathering in Aug.

Feb,

I go Bugis Junction, East Point and Cineleisure.

Wen,

Ya pilates is on stretching and endurance. Same same you will have aching but not so siong as those jumping workout. You can try Sportlink, I saw it when i was at their shop yesterday.

Sunnyling,

Long time no see huh! My mum and your mum sama sama. Said no need to meet up for discussion. But I insist them to meet up. Must build up the relationship mah, they’re Qing4 Jia1 after all.

sunnyling

Hi wen

I buy my tea set in north bridge road thk i give 1 of the gals here the add sorry I delete off the add liao. Can some1 provide wen with the add?????? Btw tat time I buy the teaset hor my friend told me is the last set liao so duno they still have stock leh can try out ok.

So who having MSN or YM can exchange????? ok my id for msn and ym is the same

[email protected]

anybody have it can just include me ok......

babyvon

Hi Meow,
Thks for compiling the details...I tried send'g u but seemed to b the wrg add...cld u tell me ur email add agn, pls? Thks!
happy.gif

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

WOOW!!! early in the morning so many msgs..
Welcome the newcomers!!!
bounce.gif

Meow,
Dun be sad.. Be firm.. tell him that you want your wedding be a memorable day not a haste day!!
My MIL dun want to tell us too!! she got 28 tables and when i ask her, she say she knw wht to do....Wht can i say!!?? but my aunties are helping the arrangement of my tables from last yr.. they are quite a fun lot.. luckily got them..
but last time i mention.. i dun knw wht to do with my reception side cos they dun want to give me the list.. can anyone help me in this mess!!??

babyvon

Meow,
Maybe u can try explain'g to ur dad hw much unnecessary xtra $ will b wasted if a table's not filled up? Oso, these days hold'g a wedd'g banquet's unlike in the past where the guest will auto give the same amt (if they attd), shld they decide not to attd...but the place has oreadi being reserved for them.
Older folks r usually mind mre abt face value...Do try ur best! Mayb get smbdy else whom he'll listen to?

Wow! So many of u ladies hr has strted ur prep...i better pull up my socks!
uhoh.gif

are

sunnyling... no lah! who so nice to sponsor me??? ;P hehe... juz tat my supplier has mahjong tiles from hongkong, suppose to be of gd 'quality' and looks quite nice lor, n he can give me at cost price, so get frm him lor. his stks oni coming 2 wks time so gotta wait. meanwhile, do up my house nice nice then u all can come & see mah... ;P but now got fridge already, so got plenty of drinks!

temple ah? hard to find leh, cos most not used old buildings are 'fenced' up liao. will let u noe if come across any...

leo29

Oh... Besse is really a sunny gal. It's so sunny now.

Are,

The one who lose to you is your sponsor ah.... Just wonder who will be the one among our novas. Me so bad, rite. Don scold me lah, mj kakis.

How much you paying for your mj?

meow

Yes babyvon,
I've receive your mails too. I'll sent them out by this weekend okie?
happy.gif

Serene,
He will sure argue back, "Then I pay for them lah!"

Leo,
think he ask 8tables. Others he pay himself. They never want the tiqing stuffs lor.

Sweetie,
My PS photographer was changed last minute without informing me. Then the photos turn out very terrible. Patch patchy due to shadow cast be trees and oily faces and chop my back by half like got focusing problem like that

are

leo29... not too sure yet, think he giving me @ $60, w/o table.

wen... my hubby saw some tea sets at tis shop in AMK central, beside S-11. he bought our battery lights frm there too. can try if you are interested.

oh ya wink.. thanx for your info ystr. hubby went to get the 'long feng' bedsheets frm beauty world liao. $120 for the sheets + comforter. damn cheena biang... but we like! ;P hahahaha... material far frm '100% combed cotton', but embroidery v nice...

sweetie

Meow,
This is really terrible! You should insist on retaking... I would do that since there's still time. Any compensation?

may

Hi Shook: i dont really like Marche food. The concept is good with lots of variety but not nice leh. Sorri for being a wet blanket and also agree with Kare that it is really crowded on fridays with the youngster.

Kare: I also dont like crowded place. Sushi is fine with me but where can we get reservations on friday?

lkf

sunnyling

u gave the addy to me
happy.gif
but i had not visited the shop yet.

wen

the addy is 10 north bride road #02-5123.

the shop are mentioned is Hwa Aik General Store. They sell the wedding stuffs there too, px quite reasonable as compared to the chinatown shops. thinking of getting mine from there too.

still contemplating of whether to get the traditional or japanese teasets for my tea ceremony. saw a japanese set @ the chinatown shop (behind CK) but didn't ask for the px. those nice ones selling @ taka r really expensive, dun think i will get those.

kopibean

hi gals,
seem like long time no chat wif u all...
wat the topic now??

meow,
remember to take more on actual day cos nick will do a gd job....

priviledged

Hi everyone! I'm back on line now cos I've started some temp work.
Is anyone out there?

We had a fantastic wedding day. All our guests were remarking that it was 'Perfect' etc. Only they did not realise that my husband was down with some appendicitis-like pain and I had a bad nose-bleed just before photo-taking with my church guests
rofl.gif
. Our dinner was beautiful and simple and the food was fabulous.

Our friends played a practical joke on us and ordered our breakfast at 5 am the next day!

Anyway, we had a 2-week 'honeymoon' at our place. We go back to his parents' 3 days a week, and to mine one day. The other 3 days are on our own. The housework is quite time-consuming, especially now that I'm working. Still, I enjoy doing the housework because it is quite rewarding. Wish I could stay home and not come to work, but have to pay bills, I guess.

Take care all and enjoy your marriage!

jenn

hi Besse

i've posted my icq. MSN nick is skankii_j. alamak but office firewall!!! nvm, u can add mme in ur hme pc if u want! ;p dun think u want my US cell, how abt exchange email address? you can reach me @ [email protected]

MT
yah! initially FH and i wanted to do our PS in LA since we are there! but here the PS quite ex and the besides, we also need to rent the gown frm here, so after having some thought, we might not want to do it afterall! we'll decide by this weekend! the bridal boutique did tell me that i can alwaiz take my PS after the wedding or convert it for AD phototgraphy, am also considering! i dun mind not taking the PS anyway. the AD to me is more impt!

wow!! looks like u gals are into pilates!! had alwaiz wanted to do it ... but alwaiz lazy!!!

serene, no choice, i think u gota be firm and give both sides a dateline to work with!!! otherwise how to work w/o a list!!!

cheers!

leo29

Meow,

8 tables is not really a lot, you wun lose face. Your dad consider ok lol, at least he pay for the extra tables. If this is the case, your IL will not said anything. I think Are’s parent oso do in this way, pay for the extra tables and they have more then 10 tables. Sometimes, they just don’t understand that we are just trying to cut the loss. You have to explain to him. Is he aware how much per table cost?

None of the photos come out nice nice? You can’t even picked 20-30 nice pix? There is another bride also having this problems-nt happy at the photos but she console herself by telling us she manage to pick 20 nice pix.

Are,

Hahaha…... said it early mah, then I know I wun be the sponsor. Please lah, no such thing as beginner sure lose one, even expert will lose money oso. Sometimes it’s depend on our luck.

meow

Sweetie,
After breaking down infront of them, they did allow me to retake but i dun wan. Its too tiring cos the time slot they give me is either after office hours or during the 7th month. So i dun want it. In the end they give me 2 multi-pose(many diff photos in a page) out of my 22 photos and a arcylic photoframe for my bedhead foc.

Leo,
I jus dun wan to talk to him lah. He jus dun care about all these want. He even argue saying that last year he didn't even loose a single cent but made money too. But i wonder if he realise it's my sister's side that lose much lor.

sweetie

Meow,
I feel that the bridal is too much in offering after office hours ps... They should make the day to your preference... no sincerity at all.
If the photos are not nice, having that compensation cant help much lor... Since there's time now, why dun you pick a day in chinese eight month to take ps...?
Are there any nice photos that you like?

kare2711

May
Can try Sakae. There're a few around. Wheelock or Heeren. We can always split the cost in the end. Hmm .. or where else can we go that's not so crowded? *thinking hard*

kopibean

hi meow and leo,
leo...ur bday next sat!! will always remember urs cos same as mine...hee
goin to select my photos next sat too...

will let u gals c it once ready!!

meow,
u having 8 tables?
me also having 8 tables....if goin to hav more that tat, we (gal side) hav to top up??

wen

Hi Are, leo29, sunnyling & the rest
I m back from pilates.
This morning only legs aching. Now whole body. Think more xiong than body combat cos concentrate more on stretching and endurance. Have to do all cannot skip any exercise cos the instructor is looking around.

i will try Yoga on monday. Think should be my type. Very relaxed kind.

Are,
Yeah no need to wear shoes. Given a mat each. Most of the girls brought their big towel to cover the mat. I didnt know so only bring small towel.
Where r u going??? Amore or planet???

When you get tiles from HK, remember to check if they have animals. Last time, went HK. Wanted to buy cos very cheap but realised that they dont have animals. To add, have to pay extra. After the extra, almost same price as singapore. so didnt buy.

Leo29 & sunnyling
Thanks! Will go and take a look.

wen

Hi LKF
Thanks! I will go n take a look. Personally, i prefer to get traditional Chinese wedding tea set.
Nice Japanese tea set can be very expensive and they dont have the word "Xi".

feb

Hi girls

I am also interested in signing with Amore Firness Centre for the workout but dunno how to start...How come got so many types of exercise one meh...Anyone of you signing up with Amore?

are

wen.. thanx for your advice. then i hide my shoes tonite so ppl wun think i so 'mountain tortise' ;P. yoga is v relaxing at the end, but i feel its more taxing on ur mind! hehe... cos u gotta concentrate hard in order to maintain ur balance, but v refreshed aft tat. eh? u do all these during lunch? i signed @ those stadium spots centre, so v cheap. $100 for 12 lessons. less heart pain if i miss any class. ;P

leo29... shd be ok, cos the supplier sell in s'pore one, so he shd noe. i also tot there wer diff sets, but asked ard no one can cfm. finally found u to cfm tat there r diff mahjong sets! ;P

wen

Hi Are
prefer to go for Body Combat in evening cos sweat a lot so better go after work. As for Pilates, body balance & yoga, if there is lunchtime session, then i will go during lunch. Luckily Planet is very near to my office - 5 mins walk. After class, just grab some sandwiches for lunch lor.

Now I am trying out different classes. see which ones i like & also instructor good or not before deciding which to go on weekly basis.

meow

Kopibean,
I think it will depends how many tables will your PIL give. If they give 8 tables, the rest will be paid by your parents or you lor.

Sweetie,
If i manage to get the photographer of my choice, they may make us choose more photos how? That means i need to fork out more $$ for the photos leh. At first i manage to select 40photos out of those very terrible ones, then later minimise them to what they gave me that's 22pcs. Then my hubby need not burn a big hole lor. All i know is its really very tiring doing it again. I still need to apply 2days off for PS and mani and this means i need to fork out $ for mani. They still won't pay that $ for me mah right? Never mind, i make sure Nick will do a far better job then them and he'll sure return the negatives back to me rather than i need to wait 1yr for the negatives from bridal. And i really hope to see you tomorrow if there's any changes from you.
happy.gif

S

shanice low

hi privileged

Shanice here, still remember me? we met up once, together with Beibei (ivy)..she wans ur contact number... u have hers? or can email me

[email protected]

was thinking we could meet up again to c one another's wedding pics.
happy.gif

Shanice :p

leo29

Kopibean,

Enjoy your photos selection huh,
happy.gif
. Ya hor, I almost forget your birth date is same as me. Wish you first in case next week very busy. Happy birthday to you, our sweet sweet kopibean.

oso32

Hi gals,

As what May said, when I called up Market Cafe on Tuesday to make a reservation, they said that they are fully booked for the month. But if we turn up early (around 6 when they open for dinner) or very late (around 8-9 when most people finish dinner), might be able to get tables.

so got my hubby to go down at 6 sharp and true enough, we managed to get a table for 2. the crowd did start to pick up after 6:30 though. the spread was ok and quality of food is pretty good. overall, we felt that the offer's pretty worth it.

but if it's too big a group, we might encounter more difficulty getting a table to accomodate us, even if we turn up early.

i'm fine with sakae sushi, but not sure if they take phone reservation. there's an outlet at OUB centre ... maybe that one won't be so crowded during dinner time?

besse

halo..

me just got back from PS today.. tired tired.. legs aching and cheeks muscle cramped from smiling whole day..
happy.gif
but PS quite fun la
happy.gif
Leo, u should enjoy yours next week.. where you plan to go? we juz went to the fullerton suite, cavenagh bridge and some other parts of fullerton hotel.. and also marina south for some greens.. that's all

ok gals.. I suggest us having dinner on 1st August, Friday.. how say?? can make it?

meow

MT,
Ava didn't change her nick. She may be busy with the house reno stuffs. If you need to look for her urgently, you can always drop a mail to her.
happy.gif

Besse,
Glad you enjoy your PS. Good huh...it didn't rain in the afternoon.

pausini

Hi girls,

Not yet back in action. Thanks for being so nice and concern. I went to the same GP that i looked for him when i got the headache. He told me probably headache is the signal to my flu so he ask me not to worry and rest more. so i got MCs all the way.

Kare, Shook: I called up Gynae to check whether i can take certian medicine. The nurse dun advise me to go back and see the gynae cos he is very busy and not really big matter concerning the bb so a normal GP is ok. Just remember to tell him i am pregnant. This GP also very nice, whenever he precribe me a new medicine he wld told me that it is suitable for pregnant ladies.

I do agree that some coy GP are terrible, they dun even give more MC. Dun worry i have alot of coy govt ard singapore so one no good , go and look for the other one.

Marche is fine with me, since May dun like it we can also tried sushi. I am ok for that but it is also hard to find place at Sakae Sushi outlet.

May: me ok now. true the weather dun seem to be very good again. *sigh*

sweetie

Meow,
At least you manage to choose some photos to make the album. Really felt angry after knowing your case... wouldnt know how I would feel too if my case... now make sure they do a good album for you.
Chances to meet you tomorrow will be slim...
sad.gif

I'm ok with 1st August gathering!
bounce.gif

meow

Girls, this may be the last outing for the time being. After then, i guess everyone will be very busy planning and preparing stuffs for wedding and home reno stuffs. But of course after our wedding, we can still meet up to share our albums lor Good idea? Of course if any of you wish to meet up or organise small events like purchase items together, feel free to ask all here if they wish to join. Cheers!
Date: 1st Aug
Time: 7pm-730pm
Attendance: Meow, Sweetie, Besse
Venue??

shook

Pausini
Pregnant lady have 2 b v careful when taking medicine. As long as GP is aware dat u r pregnant, then u dun have to worry.

Oh gals, I dun like sushi leh. Used to like Japanese food but got phobia after taking Japanese food @ Bugis foodcourt. Now I dun touch sushi @ all. :-( Sorry, I dun mean 2 b a blacksheep. If all u gals r fine wif sushi, perhaps I join after u finish your dinner @ sushi.

besse

meow.. may not be last ma
happy.gif

anyway, i suggest a few places. you all poll ok

1. Westin/Swissotel Kopitiam (2nd floor)
2. Pasta Fresca (boat quay)
3. Coca buffet steamboat (international building, beside Lido)
4. NYDC (suntec)

anymore suggestions??