(2003) Brides of year 2003

yve

Hi all!

Cleared some space at yahoo. Try to limit to less than 200k per pic.
happy.gif

jady

hi serene,

me too, can't join nxt thur. u take gd care of yr health ah..

btw, heard some of u meetg hotel coordinator, for wat purpose? cos my hotel din call me for anythg leh?

piper

hi naturally,

thank u, thank u....said u won't know me coz i very low profile in sec sch....

when ur PS is over, show us ur pix also...i see if i recognise my xue mei...

snow

hi wen,

i did at LPG Endermologie Centre at Delphi Orchard, it is actually manage by NeoAsia (distributor for Neostrata products)

i pay $150 for 1 session.. u?

S

serene sng

okeanosmao ,

i thought so.. maybe.. actually i thought of being the MC for my wedding..(HAHA) but everybody say i crazy
crazy.gif
... i told them im the host so y cannot...but everyone dismiss my idea..
for songs, i chose Perfect Moments & I finally found someone.. but still other others songs.. still thinking...
So good... 30+ tables so should be easy... i really feel uncomfortable with so many tables...Yours is Room A
Agree with leo29... they will understand naturally..

MT,
Dun worry..no need to eat pills liao... you quite ok mah...aiyoh... exercise more!!Me went to my aqua aerobics yesterday.. very fun but body aching!!!very long didnt exercise liao...!
embarrassed.gif

Gals,
I dun knw wht to do with my hubby.. he have buy shoes & shirts... how!!??? So which are better??? OTR or MTM shirts??

M

mt

Hi Yve, sorry, I cleared some pics when I saw the message yest or was it day before, hope it's ok now.

leo29

Besse,

Ya, I manage to load the photos. Maybe becos I cleared away the old ones before i download. No wonder i just saw one of your kua only.

I seldom go for gym but attend workout classes very constant, 3 times a week. Ai yoh, sometimes me also lazy to go but think of the $ i pay...... die die also must go, :eek:

DL,

Glad to hear that you ve make up ur mind on the gown.

Amore,

When you leaving? Take care!

jady

hi gals,

nid to chk with u all when r u having food tasting? i'm thinking of doing in in 2nd wk sept cos my MIL in perth rite now & wont b back till then . but hotel say v rush? but still got 3.5 more wks mah, really v rush meh?

har? i also thot of having mine in early sept.
you and i got the same wedding date mah - i thot sept was a good time. My banquet manager didn't tell me anything leh, but he DID tell me not to have it too early (just in case the hotel changes chef!)

jady

hi fishball & 1027,

thks, i'll just go ahd to fix food tasting on the 9th sept..:p
this sat go choose cards & meet up with florist for ballroom theme.

u gals in which stage now?

jus

Hi Jady,

I would be having my food-tasting somewhere in Aug…

M meeting my hotel coordinator to discuss the décor, itinery, favours, wine etc etc…

yve

Hi MT and leo,
Saw your pics!

MT, I like the kua on the most left-hand side of the pics with 3 kua.

leo, same comment as before, your gowns very sexy leh..

hi jady

hahahaha, i also intend to have my food tasting during the 6 or 7 sept weekend .... cheapo ... have food tasting and celebrate my birthday at the same time.

I've already settled my ballroom decor, now in the midst of doing the card design. Thank you gifts also mid-way. Actual day programme settled.
Liqour wine etc all settled, but still fighting over menu. Guest list - still waiting for husband and father in law's list (men!) .

too early to pack bags now, and honeymoon still waiting for cheaper air tickets. Other than these, what else is there to take care of? I got no church, no tea ceremony, no guo da li etc.

leo29

Serene,

No need to bother over it since your hubby already bought the shirts. It just that MTM shirt is more fitting and have color variety. As for color issue, i believe your bridal shop know how to match for you,

A

amerline

hey ladies

which HM destination you all choosing or have in mind? i would most likely will be going to NZ. also waiting for cheap packages and tickets.

i intend to go food tasting during late aug or 1st week sep weekend too.

hi 1027,

u so fast do so many things already, i can't even decide on my theme color. stress!!! this weekend intend to meet my co-ordinator too to settle some stuff..

jady

wah 1027,

u r really fast leh!!!
i hvnt settle day program,liquor,wine,card,theme,etc etc!!
now u really make me panic!

MIL will only bring me go buy si dian jin in sept 2nd wk & 3rd wk is my na cai liao! hvnt buy these nai cai stuff or order cakes yet!

hv to bring my mum go shop for her dress & she's buying some jewellery for me. all these not done yet too!

not to mention guestlist!, i only verbally inform friends but hvnt inform relatives, likewise for hubby's side!

die die, i dunno where to start liao!!

hi amerline,

we going to NZ too. most likely on F&E, rent car drive around. just bk room & ticket.

benee

Hi ladies
I'm a Nov bride too.. I've got a shoes question.. is it necessary to wear white color shoes to match the WG. After all , WG is so long, can't see the shoes anyhow. My PS in Aug.. am now searching high and low for shoes!!!!

Appreciate all your advise/ comments. Thanks

matka

Hihi,

Am meeting our coordinator before the end of this month to discuss more things, maybe finalise some details. My invite design is ready.. need to send for printing now.

How are you girls settling the accessories for your gown? My designer said that he'll advise me during the final fitting, and that's only one week before the PS. Dunno if there's enough time!

BTW, may sound like a silly question - but is the gown for your PS the same one as the gown for your actual day??? I always thought it should be the same because it's more significant, but my friend said that it's a different gown in case you dirty it.

Girls, I highly recommend going to NZ! FH and I went there on a 3-week free & easy trip two years ago... and it was a wonderful experience! Go to North Island for the sights (dolphin & watch, culture) and the South Island for fun and adventure (jet boat, bungy!, white water rafting, wine tasting, horseback riding). Wellington has a really cool museum (Te Papa) and Christchurch is the artsy place.. kinda like Melbourne, Australia.

OH YES.. and if you're game to BUNGY, do it tandem with your hubby! They'll tie you up together and you can fall as a couple. Make a real honeymoon bungy
happy.gif

I think NZ tourism board should pay me for all this publicity. :p

A

amerline

hi jady

me on the same boat as you....panic attack soon!

hi matka

good review! Fh and me have height phobia, i think both will faint b4 bungy jumping just by looking down.

me DIY the accessories. i oso do custom made accessories for sale or rental. do not like the ones provided by the bridal shop. its normally pearls or "diamond" type accessories.

matka

hi amerline

Thanks! There's a new thread on NZ and i just contributed a long post there. Honestly, before FH and i went there some people did ask us if we were going to bungy. And we said "No lah! Crazy, is it?" OK, we proved ourselves wrong cos when we got to Queenstown, the temptation was just too great. Afterall, we were *there* at the original place bungy jumping was 'invented'. So we thought, what's there to lose but our sanity, right? FH and I have fear of heights too. *gulp*

But the adrenaline rush made us feel so good! We were so high on endorphins that we laughed and laughed all the way. We even considered doing an even higher jump... but time did not permit!

Just remember to wear proper shoes cos some people have lost their shoes bungy jumping before! Their shoes are then collected and are on display in the shop. haha

Wah! You do custom made accessories? Perhaps i can find out more from you in case the bridal shop does not have any that i like : )

hello

dun panic! let me explain why i do things so fast!
(A) hub going to study soon, so we decided on things earlier so that he could have a say in it as well
(B) his exams are immed after the wedding, so cannot disturb him during the 1-2 weeks before the wedding
(C) i am alittle tired of holding on to ideas (and receiving more ideas) for the wedding. I have been planning this wedding 16 months ahead of the actual day!
(D) my wedding is really simple, so not very much except for the guest list.
(E) Do not envy how fast or how much i have done. There's still a lot to be done!!

My answer to some of your question (sorry can't recall who asked what question, so many postings!):
(A) Gown - yes, the gowns i wore for my photoshoots are the same gowns i am going to wear on actual day. I think its more significant this way too! Also because my boutique does not do rentals, so they do not have any gowns to lend me.

(B) Accessories - settled them quite some time ago before i had my photoshoots. Designer gave some suggestions, and i also used my own judgement occassionally. Some of the jewellery i wore are wedding gifts from family members (also more significant to wear them in the studio shots mah).

(C) Honeymoon - most prob USA (LA, LV and SF). Very excited about the honeymoon but waiting for air ticket promo or NATAS fair. Also going free & easy but not sure when the honeymoon will be (husband may be changing jobs if all goes well - ie cannot take 3-week leave for honeymoon right?!)
sigh ...

M

mt

Hi Yve, thanks! I like that too... more traditional red and sweet, but mum likes the other silver kua so 1 for PS, 1 for Actual Day lor.

Ooo- I didn't notice the new pics uploaded...

Grace- cute dog, I have one (not silky terrier though) but she's abit paranoid tends to bite in *new* unfamiliar situations so worried she'll get agitated when she sees me in a WG. I love your WG skirt- nice lace detailing.

Leo- your blue EG very refreshing colour, can't recall if I commented before. Hey I tried same design Kua but unfortunately didn't suit my skin tone, according to the lady, this design is for royalty (empress)
happy.gif

Hi Benee, I got silver shoes to match all clothing.

stressed

I'm worse than u. I'm having my last paper days b4 the big day! Cannot rely on Ah Lau coz he bo chap. hiaz...no wonder my nick call stressed!

benee

Hi leo29 and MT
Thanks for the advise.. I did thought bout silver.. but been around and couldn't find any nice silver ones. The pair that caught my eyes is actually light blue. Not sure if I should get that. *stressed*

matka

hihi,

Thanks amerline, I'll be dropping you a note to find out a little more. =)

1027, ahh.. that gives me hope! I was quite disappointed when my friend told me that the bridal shop would be too scared to let me wear the actual gown. I will need to find out what the arrangement is like when i meet my designer.

Unfortunately, I do not have an eye for accessorizing and matching clothes/jewellery. Even choosing shoes was a headache for me.

Someone, give me a fashion consultant please! (But I can't afford Jill Lowe, thanks!) hee

wen

Hi DK
Yeah, went to hugo but cant find anything suitable. After that, husband refused to shop anymore.

I have asked for 1 hour extension. Worried that we might not have enough time for PS as my makeup will take at least 1 1/2 hour.

oops stressed, i hope i didn't get you too worried! Dun worry, can try to do more now so that you have less to do towards your exams. Of course must delegate to your close friends and family members as well!

Hi matka, i have no fashion sense either! For shoes, i went out to buy matching colours. Took a small sample of the cloth and went out to hunt for shoes. For accessories, i asked the designer to recommend. One set he got it custom made for me, the other set he recommended and i went out to buy one according to his recommentaions.

Actually there is one way out as well - ask your make-up artist to lend u his stuff. Tell him in advance and look at his stuff before the photoshoot (just in case you dun like it, you still have time to look for alternatives!)

FYI there is a small bridal jewellery accessories corner at Seiyu Bugis now. Near the handbag section. Maybe you should take a look!

Hi matka, actually i dun understand the rationale behind wearing a rented gown out for photoshoot. Unless it rains & its all muddy, the gown shouldn't get too dirty. Anyway even if it does, the onus is on the bridal shop to get it dry-cleaned anyway right? Do speak to your designer and tell him your concerns, maybe they'll understand.

S

serene sng

Leo29,
Sorry.. is havent buy!!?? How many shirts should he buy??? He doesnt need to wear shirt & tie to work... will it be a waste if buy too many??

okeanosmao

serene,

my hubby oso not req'd to wear shirt n tie..so for PS n AD, he will only buy one shirt and bring 1 xtra shirt for PS only..dun want to buy so many.

leo29

Serene,

Ai yoh....., blur blur gal. If you don't wan to waste $, then go for 3 shirts that can match your WG, EG and teadress. Wait....., if your bridal shop is those that have japanese, Korea.... costume for PS, then i think he don't have to get so many shirts. For my case becos my hubby have only 1 suit so we have to use the shirt to make it look different.

besse

Serene

ya agree with Leo.. just get the shirt colors to match your WG and EG.. actually you can pass the matching shirt for t dress.. cos the t dress can use white shirt to match.. if possible, get a nice formal white shirt with french cuffs to match the WG .. nice enuff liaoz..

Yve..

Thanks for clearing space.. will go in and post my picts again..
happy.gif
so how's life?

Anyone going mani at indulge on next thursday???

Leo..

haiz.. i oso spend so much on the amore package.. oso lazy to go.. cos so tired after work.. am going to take life easy for the next one week before PS>. later going to color my hair..
happy.gif

kare2711

All
Okay, so I went to Equinox to have the High Tea and it sucks. Even for $35+++ for two, it still is not worth the money.

I don't know how the Market Place will be like. Hopefully it'll be better. Or maybe they serve more yucky food when the are offering the 1 for 1 promotion.

Why is it so quiet here ah? May should be back very soon, like next Monday?

piper

hi jbride & freesia,

thank u, thank u...personally, i like style 1 & 2...my husband like style 4.....

hopefully the actual photos will turn out good as well...

besse

Hi all

i've posted my 3rd fitting picts.. please help me chose between the 2 kwas.. haiz.. just clueless..

Shirlynn, you go see if the red shirt is the tone you looking for..

kopibean

hi Besse,

has seen both ur kwas!!nice nice!!
really headache to choose one....
most people wear embroidered kwa for ps....if u like a change, you can choose beaded kwa...something unique too!!

rhs

Some bridal shops will give other gown for photoshoot. These gowns are usually older and not exactly in prime condition. However, usually u can't really see the gown details in the pics unless you specifically take close-up shot of the gown. But this allow you to take pics on the beach whereby the gown get all soaked and wet. You wouldn't want to do that with your actual gown
happy.gif
Dry clean may not be able to remove all the dirts especially if the dirt/mud has oily substance in it. And some material may change shape if wet.

On the other hand, some prefer to use the actual wedding gown because it is, after all, your gown. The one that you'll wear on your wedding. You just have to be more careful and choose 'safe' location.

rhs

BTW I'll wear my actual gown because it's MTM for me, I love the design, and I will not buy it after the wedding. So the pics are one way of 'preserving' it in my memory
biggrin.gif

yve

besse,

Is your finger nail better? I prefer u in the beaded kwa. The colors are more vibrant and young looking..

I have been on a heck-care diet!! after PS already, dun care about weight.

I hope are has reduced the size of her pics.. her pics are very nice!!

rhs, your photoshoot with chris should b round the corner right?
have fun!

call to remind him the day before ...
on the day of my shoot, he came 30mins late!
we had to wait outside his studio...gowns, dog, make-up artist and all....

matka

hi 1027 and rhs

well, we haven't totally decided on the locations for our photoshoot yet. But i would definitely like to use the actual dress for the shoot. Like rhs, i won't be keeping the gown.. so *sniff* the only way to remember it is by wearing it!

1027, dog? So cute!

yve

okean, hahaha.. no.. The first one is embriodered. the second one is beaded..

Besse, just choose one for PS and one for actual lah..
happy.gif