(2003) Brides of year 2003

minx

Hi All Dec BTBs,

Guess among all my fitting is the latest. I'm only going for my first appt in mid-July and PS is in mid-Nov ... so excited about it especially after seeing all your posting.
happy.gif

wink

Hi everybody!

Has been a while so i last joined in...been busy doing my renovation and booking with actual day photographer...finally all settled and now my hubbie on leave, will leave the contractor stuff to the Man!! hahahaha!!

Wow, so many of us have gone for the first fitting of gowns and even fotoshoots...i sort of panic when i start counting down...seems like so many things to be done
sad.gif

oh yes....i forgot to click the invitation to join the novas group. Can resend me... ;( must have missed out on all the stuff.

what comments u've got for mattress? deciding between king koil & simmons, din know these stuff are so expensive
sad.gif

K

kk

Hi 1027,

I really laugh when i saw ur $20000 statement to Jus.. kekee.. exactly what i am thinking
biggrin.gif

My hubby and I will see whether we want to downgrade 15" to 10" album or other sizes smaller. Guess it might be more cost saving with additional photos. And anyway photos are meant to keep in the storeroom in the future, it doesn't matter what size rite?
biggrin.gif

kk: hahaha!! my exact sentiments !!! i traded in the concept of larger photos for more photos!!

i rather get a thick album with more photos rather than a thin album with just a few photos!

right .... esp when baby comes along, who cares about wedding photos when you go baby ones to look at? I draw examples on grandparents now ... they treasure their children and grandchildren photos alot more than their own wedding photos!

lkf

leo29

my hubby has moved in liao but for me hv to wait until customary wedding. so usually i will go there on Sat or Sun to clean up the place, do some simple cooking etc to try n be a "jia ting zhu fu" for just the day...hahaha

of course i use washing machines to wash the sofa covers lah. now i really regret buying fabric sofa...have to remove the covers n wash them i think the most tedious part has yet to come that is putting them back!!! i also need to made 1 more set of cover. anybody here got such lobang?

btw my blk is 101C. urs is 134 huh, the premium flat with the blue and orange paint? jus spoke to shirlynn this morning...she's at 12 something (forgot the blk quite near u also).

talk abt the battery-operated lamps, i bought mine at $8 a pair n u guess what the shop in AMK town centre (the shop name is hwa aik, next to s11 kopitiam think the blk is 711) is jus selling same one at $1.90. so angry although it's only a difference of $4.20, i can actually buy a plastic face basin (for wedding with colourful drawing) at $3.50 liao.

K

kk

Oh really??? So that's what u did lah!! I thought ur initial package is already 8R photos! Yah hor, i guess that might be the right way
happy.gif
Anyway again, photos are photos no matter what size they are.. kekekee... but would the shop bother to touch up sooo many small photos? They rather touch up 15R photos instead? EAARRGGHH, really dunno.

lkf

wink

u can go the the thread on Simmons mattress to see the comments on the mattress. think there is one on king koil too. simmons also has a website www.simmons.com.sg. anyway both brands are good, in my personal opinion though i wld prefer simmons.

when u buy a mattress, u n ur hubby must really shop for it together, dun be paiseh and u must really lay on it to see if both of u like it, not only lay down also must twist n turn to see how the mattress can support, whether it is too firm, too soft/hard etc.

hope this help and happy shopping

dun think so .... my photographers said 8R is quite common, so they will still touch-up no matter. Anyway, they have to be professional about it right?
happy.gif

sunflower26

alo....dun worry u are not alone.....mine in late july n early aug leh...... =)
mrs quake.....can check wi u??
when did u pay the 2nd payment after Dang let u try the 1st gown fittn??
i havn pay the 2nd payment n jus got over the gown design leh...n she press me for payment asap....*stressed*

K

kk

Hi 1027,

Phew! Glad to hear that! kekekee... just now my hubby say if reduce, can reduce to 10R. He say 8R pretty small.. kekeeke... but i dun think likewise lor. I think 8R pretty sweet
happy.gif

A

amerline

hi ladies,

i oso thot of changing my 15R album to a 8R or 10R album. more handy and hopefully can get more pix out of it.

hi 1027,

i agree on treasuring the grandchildren photo more than wedding photo thingy. able to have many grandchildren photo to keep means a good, happy marriage and family....

K

kk

Oops, like to check with u again. What is ur initial package like before u reduce size of photos to 8R? I would like to know the conversion from bigger size to smaller 8R photos like, how many photos being added as a result, and how much per additional photo cost is being reduced. So that i know when my shop cheats me.. keekkee..

kk: i think different photographers have different pricing. I negotiated for 8R right from the beginning, so i dun really know what the 10R or 15R package is like.

Of course, 8R package is cheaper lah
happy.gif

leo29

lkf,

Don't scare me lei! So hetic meh! I tot fabric sofa is better becos I can wash them whenever it's dirty. No lei, no lobang for sofa cover making. Most of my frds that bought fabric sofa had ask the shop to make extra set for them when they purchased. I will do that also. You can try those shop that make curtain, i think they make.

101C is the very pioneer group of flat right. When you get your house? Me got it in 2001 end. Yah, blue and....., should be red wat how come you said orange? Our eyesight got problem???? Just joking!

wink

lkf,

yupp...we started looking ard, and he prefers softer mattress whereas i like harder ones, so no choice must compromise lor. came across one Simmons mattress, $1500 for King's size, hubby says it's a good price for Simmons but i want to wait for better bargain. sigh, this is the difference when shopping with men.

huh??? was thinking of getting fabric sofa so thot at least it can be washed...now having 2nd thots hearing ur experience.

i think some shops doing curtains oso got make sofa covers, can check with them when u come across next time
happy.gif

meow

No min, i've not sign with them yet. Went down yesterday and was very very upset with the propose design. I wanted something resort + Zen for feature wall. In the end, the result looks strange when he propose one. Its more to comtemp cobine with resort. So ugly!
sad.gif
Price was very high too with no freebies and aborbtion of GST. So i'm still wondering if i should still get from them. Must see another quote with maybe some other design before i really bargain with them. I was really very upset with the drawings lah, my face turn black liao.

Err....to everyone. Since Yve ask me to lent her my glue gun, anyone still wan to do the wrist corsage together? Is some keen huh, we all do together and i go get more glue strips. Running out liao after completing my cake topper

rhs

Hi gals! So happy to hear u already done PS. Must be really fun, rite? But still cannot imagine jus' 1000 pix!!! That's really a lot
happy.gif

meow

Wink,
i try post the invitation to you again okie. Me want to source for mattress soon too. Think Novgroom can help you here.

Novgroom WHERE are you??? Paging for novgroom, please advise them. I haven't really sleep on those display mattress in shopping centre yet. Very shy and paiseh wait they keep pester us to buy.
sad.gif

M

mt

Wow, doing wrist corsages and cake topped (what's that?) so early? *panic panic panic*

M

mt

Hi wink, yalor yalor men don't bother to bargain much, either they take it or leave it! Experiencing that with my banquet... he can't be bothered!

besse

Meow.. i have some spare glue sticks left.. you want, i donate
happy.gif
.. bought sometime ago, but never got round to using them..

Wink..

ahah.. my guy even better still. ysday made me go down harvey norman, bring me see 1. LCD TV, 2. Washing Machine, 3. Fridge.. tell me we buy all ysday, can get more discount, cos last day of sales, then can start 0% hire purchase via credit card installment.. and take delivery only in Sept!!

*faint*.. doesn't he know that they will price in the interest charge oledy and market it as 0%??? haiz.. men.. i rest my case.. they so easy to open wallet wan..

we considering the slumberland/king koil option.. cos got the storage divan.. makes quite good sense..

meow

MT,
Wrist corsage haben do yet. Cake topper huh, you know normally at cake cutting, there's a bride n groom standing on the top of cake? Something similar lah. Dun worry, you'll get your chance to see it very soon. :

wen

Meow,
I also need u to send me the invitation to join the novas group cos like wink, i also forget to click. Please please.... Thanks!

jus

Hi Rhs,

It’s digital-mah
That’s why can take so many photos
If use films, dun think would take so many – wastage!
Have you gone for your PS?

M

mrs

Hi Sunflower,

I don't know how many 'instalments' you have in total with her but I am doing mine in 4 parts as I'm having everything early. Already paid twice.

1st payment (March)- deposit $1000 during booking and proceed to take measurement and design immediately.

2nd payment (May) - $1000 during 1st fitting.

3rd payment (June)- $688 after completion of gowns, trail and studio make up for photoshoot, flower bouquet.

Final payment (Dec) - $600 after collection of the gowns, flower bouquet, car decor and actual day make up.

Renee, welcome to this thread!

sleepy

Hi Maya

Thank you! I really thought I got nowhere else to go except Spotlight. Will be doing the wrist corsages too. Can share with me how u do it? Any pictures? I totally got no clue how to do it but gan gan want to make...heee...

People Park is near OG - Chinatown rite? Is it cheap to get the materials there?

Hi cherubies

I got 2 flowergirls. Never thought it will cost me so much. hee... Have to get their dresses...
I already got their metal baskets at Arab street. 2 for $14....hehheh...cheap cheap...I aiming for their dress at $30 each...saw one at market very nice...just hope they can fit in cos limited size.

I also hope this sars thing will be over quick. If not, I really dunno whether need to honeymoon or not...Maya, do u intend to go for at least a short one?

lkf

leo29 n wink

thanx for the advice on sofa covers. will drop by those curtain shops to check out the price and so on.

leo29

i got my flat also around end 2001. actually i was given those blk 63 something to choose from. if i remember correctly, they r premium flats. but me n hubby decided to choose the unit at 101c instead as it's nearer to the mrt (within 10 - 15 mins walk/1 LRT station away) and it has a balcony. ur flat is red meh? i always thot it's a orange n blue combination, very vibrant colour. ok i will check it out this weekend..:p

meow n wink

yah almost forgot abt novgroom. think he mentioned something abt mattress in his earlier posting rt, meow? so wink can also check with novgroom on his mattress lobang. wink u mentioned the king size simmons mattress is $1500, is it one of the model under the beautyrest series?

tingting

how come the payment arrangements are so different for me? I've paid 50% (!) at signing up, and the remainder at photoshoot. Did you bargain for payment terms?

leo29

Lkf,

So two of us on the same boat lah. Treat our house as a wkend chalet and will officially move in only after 2 years. Sometimes when I think back, it's really long. Just waste our $ paying the Misc fee. But at least you not so bad lah becos your hubby stay there. For our case, wkday we stay in our own house.

ally

hi JT... sounds like a real tough workload. btw, are u a teacher? ur hours sound like it. do take care ok?
happy.gif

hi bonjour... gosh, i got confused too!
lol.gif
cos JT has the tag 'bonjour' next to her name when she first posted so we got kinda mixed-up between u 2.

may

hi gals,

i m back!!!!

So glad everything is over.... weather was good on my day....everything went well in the am. woke up at 6.40 am and the make up artist was here by 7.15 am. The makeup was done leisurely and we finished tea ceremony as my mom's place before schedule. went to upper pierce for photoshoot ... it was so crowded and so paiseh...i had a huge crowd gather ard us looking...felt like a film star. Before 11 am, i was back in my new house for the next round of tea ceremony. after whoch got buffet and we checked into the hotel to rest by 1.40 pm.

managed to rest a while till 3.30 pm where we went down to the ballroom to take a look at the decor and tested the montage and even walk down the aisle.

Make up artist came at 5.30 pm, i was done by abt 7.15 pm and stayed in the room to watch amercian idol. my dinner started late...coz my side of relatives came unexpectedly so we had to move some people ard. It was chaotic and my poor hubby was very stressed ... things started to get messy .... my dad didnt make things easier for hubby too...

I was upset w my dad coz he insisted that i do tea ceremony for his side of relatives. It was a last min thing and we didnt even plan for it. In the am, at my place the tea ceremony was simple...without my dad side of relatives...but at night...he insisted that out of respect we shld serve tea coz some of them asked...

dinner was already packed with just 8 courses and still got to change and take photos. so inthe end i told him after dinner those interested can stay back and i serve tea. but gues what they all went home...mayb they were angry but i dont give a damn...

in short, we didnt enjoy our dinner very much...we just glad that things r over... now looking forward to going korea for honyemoon the end of this week.

$$ wise...my parents kept their side of the ang baos so we lost a little...well...

meow

yes Lkf,
He did post something like that. But i've no idea where he is? Maybe he'll response later.

Wen,
Okie, will sent one to you now.

M

mt

Wah saw the pics, all of you very slim! I'm ROMing tomorrow and still fat
sad.gif

Cake topper I think I won't do, I like fresh flowers strewn on it look. Alternatively, I'm also considering a different shaped cake, not confirmed yet.

Corsages I'll have fresh so likely, Sat and Sun (mine is Mon), pop down wholesaler to buy and do corsages, bouquet and table arrangements.

Anyone know when Spotlight is closing?

M

mt

Now i'm abit of a panic. My ROM dress is black-purple very dinner-ish. Everyone using light colours. Oops.

Guestbook for actual day I'm either using the hotel's or autographing on a blank page of the album (then not so many different items to store hehe). No angbao box decoration, just a gold cardboard box from Spotlight, will place on chair not table abit kiasee. Brown envelopes inside to separate angbaos from Groom's friends, Bride's friends, Groom's relatives and Bride's relatives.

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

So envy you guys talking abt your house reno & moving in!!! I need some advice on mattresses. As our house is being delayed so my FH & i will be moving into his parents house temporarily. Do you guys think that we should buy the matteress & its standing or jus the matteress? Cos we must buy a brand new set when we move into our new home rite?

leo29,
I understand how he worrys abt me but im not a small kid anymore. He flare up bcos he is BORED at home and blame me "throwing" him alone at home.
We meet almost everyday for one week, so wht wrong with going out with my friends?! Actually, he apologised already but i still sort of cannot forgive him. I want to sit down & talk rather than talks over the phone then start to quarrel again. Headache rite?

M

mrs

Yap. I negotiated the payment arrangement. Actually, if you count properly, have already paid 60% of my package price and will pay another 20% in about a month time.

leo29

Serene,

OIC! If you'll see each other almost everyday then it should be Ok. But did you go clubbing very often? No good suggestion of what you should do but i think you should talk to him again. Face to face? Will he? I think guys don't like to settle problems face to face especially on quarrel issue. Personal opinion becos many of my frds oso complaint their hubby or bf don't like to talk things out when there is problems.

shook

Hihi May

Welcome back!!

Wow, you very lucky leh. Got a lot of sleep. I woke up at 5:30 on my wedding day n got back to hotel at 3pm+. Think I went to bed only at 3am+. No sleep at all thru the day.

We in the same plight. My wedding banquet wz oso chaotic n hubby stressed out. Wz your hubby nervous? My hubby wz bcoz many things went heywire n he gotta handled them himself. I put the blame on his friend who wz the OIC. But he sided his friend. Initially I wz unhappy abt it. After he told me his friend fell sick n wz on mc 4 2 days after our wedding. I pity dat friend of his.

I m now planning 4 honeymoon. Haven't start on the itinerary n booking of hotels yet. Jazz booked the air ticket 4 us. My hubby went to French Tourism board to get some brochure 2day. Will b going 2 Switzerland embassy to get brochure.

So nice u going 4 your honeymoon n tis week. Have a gd time
kiss.gif

maya

Hi sleepy, yah, short honeymoon immediate, then longer one near yr end. My wk terrible lah....

I never make corsages before but decided to try. QUite simple as long as you can get materials which I bought from Golden Dragon. Yah, the place is actually 2nd flr. The bldg (I think is People's Park) is opposinte furama hotel, opp CHinatown complex. THere's a corner malay coffee shop on 1st flr. THings very cheap there but may not be as nice looking as spotlight bec mainly from China. You can buy silk flowers, leaves, beads, ribbons, coloured stones, and many others. For my corsages, I just bought diff flowers, a pkt of leaves. They come with wires already so I just twist the wires together and sew them onto nice ribbons. You can adjust the flowers/leaves by twisting them. I also bought velcro to sew so easy to wear but it's very tedious sewing the velcro. Still haven't finished 2 of them.

may

Shook: oh yes, hubby very stressed, very stressed ...my side of relatives were a mess...n my dad did not help to organise so hubby was upset... i was up in the room so i didnt have to suffer all these stress...even my sis helping put at the reception table..pity my hubby coz it was so messy...

why didnt you test yr montage in the afternoon? How was yr red wine? Mine all 24 bottles were consumed. Quite upset w the hotel coz they wasted the wine by pouring 3/4 glass instead of 1/2 glass. we had a complimentary 30l of beer but got to open 1 more barrel.

i am just so glad that all is over...at the end of the day, we asked ourselves what was dinner all abt....

i forwarded Jazz some info i collected on Switzerland..hopefully it will be useful...enjoy yourself.

rhs

I luv the gown
biggrin.gif
But must go back this week because I didn't have my undergarment, etc so they didn't want to alter first.

N

novgroom

Hi,

Looking for me?? hehe.. erm... mattress lobang?? I don't have any lobang for those brands that you girls are looking leh. So can't help much here.

By the way, do lie down on the mattress to test it. If not, you will end up buying a mattress that is too hard.

wen

Besse,
Yeah... after spending 2.5 hours discussing w TY and tried several styles , finally confirmed... my first fitting only in early Sep... by then, i think most of u have already taken your photos...

shook

Hihi May

Me same as u. Up in the bridal suite, not aware of the mess @ the ballrm until I went dwn. Boy, I could still smile. Guess I wz v happy. It wz during the go round table photo taking when I really boil but I told myself to keep claim. It is my day n I shld not let anyone make me angry.

The hotel fellow in charge of media arrived only @ 7pm. So my hubby can't test the montage earlier. Anyway, we arrived at hotel at 3+. My hubby gotta meet up wif the banquet mgr after he changed.

The wine u recommended wz excellent!! All consumed. My hubby's neighbour still asked if can tar bao or not.

We loose out the ang pow on my hubby's side. My dad topped up the amt we lost. So all in all my parents took 5 tables instead of 10 tables fm my hubby.

Thx 4 sharing the info on Switzerland.

sunrise

hi all!

any gathering in the pipeline? miss out so much....

MT
it's alright if your ROM gown is abit dark,as long as it suit you. It's your big day, attention will be on you
happy.gif

M

mt

Thanks sunrise. I did my nails in OPI vampire state building... maybe darker makeup tones tomorrow too, I think I'll go romantic gothic. I forgot to plan my hair, oh well.

If my FMIL flips, now's a good time as any! :D