Btw, where can i get the 3M sticky roller? I know there are such things in market, but i haven't got any of them yet. I need it for actual day for the groom and brothers. Else all complain dog fur! hahaha... as my dogs are old, they shed quite a lot
hmm... good idea to bring along lint remover, but haven't buy one leh...
the pic I gave them not very clear as EG pattern, so I tot I'll leave it to the designer. She did made an initiative to add more beads where the pic dosen have, but not what I tot I want lor. So I think it's best I sew them myself, provided I find those beads.
Those lint rollers... I think can find near shoes dept or woolen clothes dept rite? Tot I used to see those handing on rack like socks.
r u still looking for electric table lamps? I saw one with a red lamp shade at Ikea yesterday. The shade cost $6 and the base (silver) is $8. the whole thing cost $14 (without bulbs) so it will be $28 for a pair. u may can go down and take a look since ikea is having its 25th anniversary sale. They also have different lamp shade designs so u can change them in future if the red ones dun match your decor.
think the wedding shop at chinatown also sell those electrical ones but the design is more towards the traditional types and cost around $20.
Gals i've posted my ROM cum wedding shoes in the group. Wanted to find something similar in Singapore if possible. Else i'll be wearing the same shoes for actual days, then i worry i dirtied it during PS how??
meow... saw ur shoe... how many inch huh?... for PS i'll bring my actual day shoes and i oso bought an addition one..cheap one... so during outdoor shoot can wear the cheap one... so dirty not so heart pain... i oso planning to wear my normal sandals for PS... walk oso easier... take photo dat time then change...
I went for my fitting last Sunday but couldn't update you girls as I fell sick on the same afternoon! I was down with a high fever of 38.5 degrees celcius! Imagine my panick1 Now I'm on MC at home.
Back to the fitting...Dang did some embroidery and beading to my WG already and it was nice! She used some champagne colored beads to enhance the design of the WG. FH likes it very much! But there's still more alteration to be done as my train is slightly too long and needs to be trimmed. And according to Dang, I've also lost some weight too(Yipppeeee!!!!) and so that means altering the sides of the bodice to ensure better fit!
Teadress's beading was also done already. The collar and the collar bone area were decorated very nicely with beads. Beading on the teadress was minimal but I think it should be enough cos I do not want it to look too loud too. I'll think about it again whether to do more beadings or not.
Lastly, the 'problematic' WG! Yes! Finally, the fit is 'near' perfect! No beading or embroidery is done yet but it should be completed by the next fitting. FH still 'has no comment' about it though he did say that it look much better than the last time. So I guess this must be his least favourite piece among the three. Hopefully, Dang can do something to change his mind (Hehehe)
My next fitting will also be my trial make up day with Kelly. Tentatively set on 31 May, still waiting for confirmation. Dang said that I probably have to come for a 4th fitting before myps since I gain and lose weight easily! That's to ensure that I fit my dresses perfectly for my ps!
hi jt, maybe it's abt time management. i used to hv this feeling too. but when i decided personal time is personal time, work time is work time, i dun get them mixed up. of course sometimes when work is a lot, i use my personal time for it, after tt i compensate it back when work is not so urgent. btw, there's no end to work unless u quit. so, learn to take it easy. when u plan well, u'll work more efficiently.
Hahaha, yah true, my dog is a corgi so he has longggg fur, and the fur roll into a ball and roll and roll when the wind blows.. pretty er xin at times.. haha.. but then when u see their innocent faces, u won't scold them, will in fact sayang them. hahaha...
hi JT... gotta agree with espresso there. it's all about time management. i really sympathise with u but dun over-stress urself ok? it's a reality here in singapore that we have to juggle our work, house reno and marriage preps at the same time when couples decided to get married. it's tough-going but as espresso said, we gotta separate what is personal time and what is work time.
my situation is somewhat the same as urs. my FH and i have to oversee everything for our wedding preps and house reno with no one else to help us. both of us work long hours (my workday can often stretch to 14-15 hours and i sleep only 4-5 hours a nite) and the only time we're free is on weekends. so we just settle everything wedding and house-related on weekends. if really need be, can take 1 day leave to attend to the urgent wedding/house matters. bosses are generally understanding as u've already worked so hard normally and they wun begrudge u that 1 day.
end of the day, do remember... work mebbe impt but not as impt as our future lives together with our FH
I've learnt to prioritise and hence not as stressed as some time back over my work.
do take care and dun stress urself too much ok? afterall, a happy bride makes a beautiful bride!
that said, my stress-related pimples sure cleared up alot after i put less stress on myself!
Gers, I got some materials from spotlight to make the jiemei's corsages. Need some experimenting. Think I will need a glue-gun to hold everything in place. Spotlight is selling it at 5 plus. The design is a off-white satin rose surrounded by small pink flowers on a off-white ribbon. May use the same design for the angpow box too.
And got a digital camera with my bro today too. Yeah, can take loads of pictures already. And can take the pictures at the next gathering.
Yes, my EG is still with a deep V but Dang has altered it such that it does not show too much now...heheheh cos the material can't seem to 'hold' properly.
My PS is on 18 June. WIll update you ladies with my trial make up on 31 May and then the PS in June. When's your trail?
Hope you had an enjoyable PS. Let us know when your photos are ready. I'm still thinking about the locations for my ps...got to consider seriously now. Give me some tips and suggestions on what to bring and look out for for my PS, can?
is your shoes fabric? i dirty can use fabric cleaner to clean rt?? I thinking of getting the cream colored embroidered shoes at Tangs.. think there's some nice one there.. will pop down take a look since it was long time i last shopped!
Hee.. the cake topper nice leh.. you super creative!! If i have time, i rather laze ard at home and zzz.
Ava, Amore, Yve..
*blush*. my bf don quite like the EG.. cos he said the front too revealing.. *haiz.. can oni cross me fingers that it won be so bad after putting on the beadings ..
We thinking of using *All i Ask of you* from Phantom of the Opera for one of the march in. Else will also consider Cannon in D for the march in..
Hi everyone, think I haven't done an intro yet, just confirmed my banquet date recently, so I guess I'll be a Nov bride
- Resale corner 18th floor 3-rm in Holland V. Deposit just paid only, waiting for the whole transaction to run through (3 mths).
! Need to renovate, furnish.
- next Wednesday at ROM building.
- Rings bought and engraved. Restaurant lunch booked. Driver-cum-photographer and videographer friends booked (plus his parents, my mum, a galfriend-cum-driver and us makes 8 pax exactly).
- Daniel Yam dress for me, Agnes B shirt and Springfield pants for him, Ah-lian platform 4 inch shoes for me (which will double for the banquet too).
! He hasn't found a matching tie and I'm beyond caring.
! He proposed but abit of a let-down, asked him to do a proper one... his time is running out though
He's upset that I'm disappointed.
- "Everything's Coming Up Roses!" is the tentative theme. From banquet decor, card, gowns design and bouquet to favours. Originally wanted Palenopsis Orchid theme but that costs a freaking $20 per STALK even at wholesaler... so now going for wholistic roses theme. Even though roses are a tad predictable and boring, I can have as many roses as I want!
- Mid Nov weekday 35+2 tables with whole suckling pig dish.
! Need to confirm (still firming up selection between Mandarin, Concorde and Otani).
! Need to decide on own favours (other than hotel's).
! Need to learn how to DIY table bouquets, I want the place BURSTING with flowers (say, 20 wholesale roses with leafy fillers, multiplied 35 tables = hopefully $500 thereabouts. Any higher cost will be hard to explain to FH... he's not flower-crazy the way I am.)
BRIDAL & PHOTOGRAPHY
- Bridal Art in Marina Sq. (1st gowns discussion next Friday end-May, renting MTM wedding gown and evening gown, scheduled ready mid-July).
- 2-day Photoshoot scheduled end-July: 1 traditional series and 1 more experimental series (the half-face far away shots that elders will complain). Photos should be ready early-Nov.
! Need to convert car loan & deco. to buy workmanship of 1 MTM cheongsam for me, 1 MTM evening gown for FMIL (materials we'll buy ourselves).
! Need to rent an old Beetle with decorations.
! Need to rent a KUA for banquet.
! Need to book photographer and videographer friends for banquet.
! Need to ask Make-up artist to do makeup for FMIL (today she asked for it, hehe) and mum.
- We only decided to marry in Feb. so alot of things eg. banquet, gowns, photoshoot and home renovations are lagging behind "schedule" of most you ladies here
- Didn't save for a wedding, all of sudden decided to marry, we didn't budget (engagement ring we considered from under $1K to 5K; bridal packages we considered from Tan Yoong to Bridal Art; banquet we considered from Mandarin to restaurant)... just dived in.
- Home was the easiest, he wanted Holland V area, I wanted smaller space (*hint* he's an only child).
- Originally wanted just ONE nice wedding gown without train and no evening gown. But got more excited, now 1 wedding gown with train (MTM rent for march-in etc), 1 evening gown with train (MTM rent for table-to-table photos).
- After some time, decided to add 1 KUA (OTR rent for tea ceremony), 1 cheongsam (MTM buy for cocktail and handshake end).
- Getting even more greedy, thinking of still more gown changes! (Arab St had very elaborately beaded lace, $100-150 a metre plus some workmanship costs sound quite alright to me, but it'll end up in storage after banquet).
- Initially thought of a simple restaurant banquet but tables ballooned we needed a ballroom, then mum suddenly wanted whole suckling pig dish, and then realised parents loved Mandarin's name. Seeing that it's once in lifetime for THEM too, so now possibly confirming Mandarin.
- Financially still ok, phew. FH's normally-scrooge ways put him in good stead (I think he's overwhelmed by all the nitty-gritty he's willing to pay for PEACE ahaha).
welcome on board MT... wah u are very detailed.... though i had plan my wedding 1 yr ago oso not so detailed and fast...
we keep a list of novemeber bride and bridegroom
you can send your details to Meow so we can contact each other in future if we have any other gathering we can ask you along?
Do sent the following details:
Real name -
ROM date -
Wedding date -
Banquet Vennue -
Email address -
Contact No -
New home location -
Bridal shop -
Actual day photographer -
Photoshoot date -
Dialect(bride and groom) -
Need your advice... think of not getting married!!
I was a clubber last time.. but after knowing my hubby.. i almost stop clubbing. However, My kakis will ask me for clubbing sometimes (few months once) and my hubby is very very unhappy! Bcos of this issue, we have argue & quarrel and im sick & tired! I have assure him again & again but whenever the clubbing time comes he will burst out again!! arrrk!! Im very angry & upset with him!
Do you guys think i should stick to him??
Hmm.. don think of nt getting married lar.. from what you mentioned, it's not abt the clubbing, but more on respect for personal space. talk to him nicely on this.
I used to club quite a lot too. In fact, knew my bf from one of the clubbing place.. but now, i am not interested in clubbing oledy. It's probably jus a phase .. you will grow out of it.. but really, it's what concerns your bf have had abt you clubbing - getting drunk , the company you mix with, or the going home late .. talk to him abt it.. and don be so quick to think of not marrying k?