(2003) Brides of year 2003

ava

Welcome MT!
wow u're so detailed I'm getting worried!! ;)
gd for you
happy.gif
glad to see you're havg fun planning
happy.gif

Besse
Amore is right
happy.gif
once in a lifetime to wear a sexy dress ;) i'm not a sexy person but even for the wedding I really feel like wearing a sexy dress 'cos i think i dream of being sexy
happy.gif
just for once ;) hee he hee
happy.gif
so go for it gal!
happy.gif

Serene
happy.gif

Besse is right
happy.gif
marriage is all abt communication
happy.gif
try to talk to him and address the issues ...
just like planning for the wedding
happy.gif

we need to put in time into planning our marriage of a lifetime
happy.gif

*hope you don't think i'm preaching here* ;p
stay cool
happy.gif
anytime you need to let off steam we are here!
happy.gif

J

jt

hi expresso and ally,

thks for your advice.

actually, it's pretty tough for me and my FH to meet up to source furniture etc coz he's doing shift work and this month he's in nite shift. his com doesn't allow him to take leave unless really very sick.

as for me, well, i really have to work and work like mad coz, once i stop, my work piles up like crazy. been working for sometime outside of my job routine and now, my usual workload has piled up becoz of that.

i also wish i can take leave or wat. but... i've no vacation leave. only got sick leave and school hols leave. also, if i take leave esp at this time where lots of work needs to be done, i'll be in deep deep trouble. coz, when i return, i'll be plunge into even more than b4 workload.

even now i'm just taking a break. later still got to work probably till abt 2 or 3am. then tomorrow work at 7am again.

brrr...

bonjour

hi all,

did your new house got pray to gods? how did u invite the idol in? anything special to do? did u go to those temples to ask?

pls advice me. thks.

shook

Hihi Kare

Jazz n I will b leaving on 13th Jun. Tentatively, we r going to France (Paris), Switzerland (??). Jazz is going to UK after dat, I might b going to Germany or Holland or join her to UK. We r still in the planning stage. Looks like u have done your itenary huh

sleepy

Ya...super quiet....yawn yawn...very sleepy today...

My FH went to tailor his suit yesterday...can't wait to see the outcome. hee...

Have u gals book anything for honeymoon? I'm waiting for this Sars thing to go first...

Anyone here know how to make the flowergirl head circlet? I can't seem to figure out what material to use for the base.

wendyl

Hi all ladies,

Yup,Sentoso is a hot spot lor as the secenry is nice.i tihnk pulau ubin also not bad too.

As for ps,i only bring a bottle of water,a straw,oil blotters only.

Wendy

lkf

feb

sorry for the late reply. went to punggol yesterday to wash all the sofa covers. now very tiring...errr...Monday.

the address of the shop in chinatown complex (the one with the wet mkt in the basement)is #01-97. forgot the name liao (near to CK). it's hard to be missed cos it just sell wedding stuff. although the things which they sell r very nice, they r not cheap and i find that some of them r being overpriced. i wld suggest that u walk around the place and check out the rates of the common items eg lamp, basins etc. think i saw one shop in HDB blk besides the mkt also selling wedding stuff but i didn't go in to racky the plaace.

cherubies

Hi maya and sleepy,

i'm back... just finished my exams last fri.

sleepy,
it's monday =p

yup i have booked my insight vacations for aug. 24 days (including two days in london). i'm crossing my fingers that the tour is not cancelled and we can still go.

as for flowergal head circlet, not too sure. i'm only concentrating on my ps this wed.

have u taken yours?

vivace

hi seashell
i was on the spot make appt for the photo selection after the PS... it is abt 10 days later fm my PS... i actually told them not to hurry but they said the juz cant pile up the photos there
happy.gif
so, how long hv u taken ur PS, if more than 10 days, think u may consider to call them up and check!
wink.gif

cherubies

hi all,

i'm back from my exams. terrible papers as usual. =p

flowee,

how are you?
happy.gif
thanks for the contact. my house is near completion with only the bed, and blinds yet to put up. fridge, washing machine is this sat.

now trying my best to do my wedding prep and house together. quite confusing for this scatterbrain of mine. hee hee...

hi yi!!!

hi kk,
u there?
how's your ps?
mine is this wed. so very excited. was thinking if it can be today.... hee hee

hi elaine,
how are you?
how's married life?
happy.gif

K

kk

Hi Jus,

Great to hear that u enjoyed ur penang trip cum ps! kekeke... wow, so fast u have seen some of ur photos? i am able to see mine tomorrow or wed evening
happy.gif
Really looking forward to it!

I guess i shouldn't be too impartial on my photos, else i have a headache deciding on the number of photos i should take!

By the way, how many photos u are having and how much u need to pay for additional photo?

Hi jus

Welcome back! I just read your posting in the Everafter thread abt your photoshoot. Wow, Albert really made your trip (money & Time) worthwhile hor?

To answer your question, i agree that most brides are very susceptible to buying more photos. I too, ended up buying additional 23 photos plus 2 collages. End up spending more than $1k+ on additional photos !!

kk: yah!!! can't agree more abt the fur rolling into a ball when the wind blows !!!

jus

Hi Amerline n kk,

Thanx
I have enjoyed myself very much
It’s like taking a break from work, so much so, that din want to come back to work hee hee

Kk, my photographer uses digital camera, hence take a short time to download into a CDROM
That’s why got to view them so soon
He’s giving me 30 pieces, with additional photos at less than $20 per piece
He is really a nice guy, open to negotiation
(but, feel pai-sei to ask for too much, otherwise he would think that I m taking him for granted!!!! Hahaha)

he mentioned that I would most prob exceed the entitled amount, given that I took so many photos (both Penang and local)
see how-lor
would try not to exceed to many… (but difficult-lar)

would you be choosing your photos once you view them?

Amerline,
You mentioned that you would only be viewing next week (after your hubby’s exams)
Must be really excited!

K

kk

Hi Cherubies,

Wow, looking forward to ur ps rite? Me also very excited ever since 1 week before my ps.. kekekekee... yah, my ps went on fine! Urs will be as fun too! And as tiring
biggrin.gif

My makep session started around 11++ am and the indoor ps start after that. 2 pm we break for lunch and we continue ps after that till around 4++ pm. We went to sentosa and esplanade for ps till around 7++ pm. Where u going for outdoor ps?

At sentosa, we go to places like the bridge at the beach there, the old house, the fircus tree and the orchid garden. For esplanade, we took some shots at the fullerton, the esplanade, the expressway, etc. Beautiful!

Can see the samples tomorrow or wed evening liao! Excited leh.. kekeke.. so u have more things to feel excited about after ur ps!

When i went for outdoor ps, i never bring anything along leh.. kekekee.. very lazy hor? In the end sweated a lot although there was a slight drizzle (which cause high humidity, so very warm) so have to use my bridal shop boss' tissues.. kekekeee... but my opinion is just bring blotters, water bottle and straw. Sometimes u may be too busy even to take a sip! Dun burden urself carrying so many things
happy.gif

For my indoor ps, all the gowns i like! I had 6 outfits. 2 WG, 2 EG and 2 trad costumes. For trad costumes, i took scotland and chinese flowery kua. My hubby say i look very cute in scotland wear.. kekee... for WG, i did not regret taking that as my actual day gown and for the other piece, i wear a mandarin collar piece of gown. Very classic
happy.gif
For EG, i wore my actual day EG which is champagne blue and for another piece, i wore a pink bustier
happy.gif

For my outdoor ps, i wore a spaghetti strap with beads on it and the bottom is organza skirt
happy.gif
Simple and sweet
happy.gif

i only get to select my ps gowns on the ps day itself. Glad they turn out nice as expected
happy.gif

jus

Hi 1027,

Yeap, yeap
Albert is really fun to work with…
Must say the price is more than worth it hee hee

I supposed all brides would face this dilemma of choosing more photos than entitled
Hee hee
Unavoidable-lar… once in a lifetime kind of thing (sometimes, I think this is an excuse that I give to myself hahaha)

You only spend extra 1k… not bad oledi
Heard that some brides spent more than 2k!!!

cherubies

Hi kk,
your ps sure sounds fun!!!
so long ya... 11-7... sentosa and esplanade...
ya, very excited now....

i will be going to chijmes and one more "green" place. chijmes will be for the buildings. hee hee... my photographer said to decide on 2nd venue on ps day so don't have to worry. will start at 10 am.... but i have so much pimples-left over from the exam stress that i think may take longer... hee hee...

so many gowns... *envy*.. i will stick to my wedding gown and kua. my fh has two suits for that day... did you get any shoes for the kwa? no evening gown for me as i don't have any dinner.

i'm sure your pixs will turn out well... have fun selecting....

noted on the blotters, water bottle and straw. will bring a mini fan as i'm those who perspire alot... =p

kk: mine are 8R photos, at $50 per piece. My album has about 33photos and 2 collages, so altogether about 35 pages lor.

Collage means there are several pictures on the same page ....

Jus, yah i really had to control our selections!!! I wanted almost everything!!! Had to exercise alot of constraint, coz we set a budget of $1k and we really didn't want to exceed that amount. Somemore i got 1 more photoshoot in jun ... that one sure end up buying even MORE photos!! Argh !!!!!!!!

yah lor, once in a lifetime, that's why all these vendors come to tug at your heartstrings to make us spend more!!

Wah, less than $20 per picture? That's cheap !!!
what size are the pictures?

K

kk

Hi Cherubies,

Heee..yah it was really fun! But tiring leh. If u ask me whether i would like to have another round of ps, i have to hesitate.. hahaa.. i had a second round yesterday at the studio with my family cos we taking family photos. Dunno why, very tired. Maybe because we are always forced to stand straight without hunching, so very tired! It is a torture on our backs.. kekekee...

Yah, guess second venue will be somewhere near chjimes. Any green places near that area? keke...

No worry about pimples. The makeup artist seem to be able to hide anything under the layers of makeup :p

Oh for kwa, i wore the makeup artist's pair of close toes white embroidered shoes. She say more appropriate cos my shoes are open toed silver pair. I dun know the photographer got captured my feet or not.. kekeee.. i see photos then i know :p Sometimes i also dun know what he is taking :p got feet or not i also dun know :p Just pose lor :p

If i bring mini fan also no hands to carry it.. hahahaa.. cos i need to carry my train up with both hands as the organza layers are pretty big. And once in the car, there is air con and very cool. So i dun need it.. kekekee... I think urs should be ok cos chjimes is a sheltered place and by the time u go second venue, might be evening liao?

K

kk

Hi 1027

Ohh i seee.. but how big is ur album size? So all 8R photos lor? I am thinking whether i want to downgrade 15" photos to 8R photos, sounds a bit weird rite? :p Wondering whether it is more cost saving if i end up selecting many photos.

Hi Jus,

Yah lor, how come $20 per photo?? So cheap leh! If i am offered $20, i wouldn't think so much, i would grab all photos! hahaha...

Yah, most likely need to select photos at the same time viewing. I mean the more i view, the more i tempted, so might as well once and for all make decision to finalise selection.. kekee..

S

serene sng

Hi Besse,

Besse
I try to talk abt it with him & i think he got into the habit that we are tog every weekend so he feel upset that i didnt accompanied him on that nite.
I knw is a phase of growing.. but how can i reject my friends cos is not every weekend thing, rite? One thing is that my bf dun like that but to me, friends & hubby is the same level. We quarrel yesterday until the wee hours! So tired now.. my energy have been drained off from the last two days jus quarrelling! I will not give up my clubbing times for him cos in the beginning i already let him know that my friends & him is impt to me...stubborn rite?
lame.gif

Ava,
Thanks for your advise.. Maybe i too chong dong..
Dun worry, you are not preaching.. Knw you guys are concern...
embarrassed.gif

Thank you!!!

jus

Hi kk and 1027,

I am not too sure of the size (I super-duper blur one hee hee)
But, not those big ones, like those you get from bridal shops

Yeap, I must say the price is pretty cheap
But also cannot afford to take all photos
Just from the Penang PS itself, he has taken over 1000 pix!

Yeap, tat’s why they say ‘nu ren chian’ good money!!!

besse

Ava

Haha.. yeah, u r rt.. found it funny that he's been v possessive and doesn't like me wearing too low neckline clothes after we decided to get married.. din usd to be like that ..

Serene

Aiyoh.. err. you cant chiong with him headon.. muz rub him up the right way.. if you tell him straight - that my frens are as impt as you.. of cos he will flip.. put yourself in his shoes.. you will oso be buay song if he tells you frens and you equal footing..

My point is, you muz "por" him a bit.. let him know he's still the most impt person that you will want to spend the weekend with.. BUT.. your frens whom you have not seen for a long long time also dying to meet you.. keke.. den ask for his understanding of meeting up with them.. the clubbing part is just an activity that you do with you frens when you meet with them... ;)

Just assure him you will let him know when you are home safe and sound lor ..

besse

HI Gals..

Dunno hw come.. i getting quite antagonistic towards my dear bf.. cant quite see eye to eye on the taste of the furnishings when we now planning our new place together..

Is it normal??

K

kk

Hi Jus,

Dun worry, i dun think u will get all 1000 pixs! hahahahaa... wow, u will have problem viewing and selecting the photos! Imagine we local ps having problems liao, let alone u.. kekeke...

leo29

Last sat went to Holland V., to the shoe shop that Are and another pal(Pai she, forgot you) had recommended. Sad sad……, nothing caught my eye. Intend to go Int’l Plaza this week to take a look, hope can get a pair. If not I think I have to MTM one. So troublesome……

Besse,

Your EG front very low meh? Cannot see lei. Why.., pai seh hah, never take the front and let us see your Ben Qian,
happy.gif

Ava,

Is that wedding PS? So fast.

naturally

Hi all!
happy.gif

Mrs Quake, erm... is it possible to use stickers or something to "hold" up your EG material, so that u can still have that deep V neckline?? Must be sexy and "safe" at the same time!
biggrin.gif
My trial is 1 week after yours.

Sandgal, i think the norm is to take PS abt 3 mths before actual day, 3 mths shd be more than enough time for the photographer to come up with the albums. So for dec brides, PS is usually around Sep/Oct. I believe the gals here who opt to do PS earlier, main reason is work commitments, so dun worry, where PS is concerned, u're not late!
happy.gif
However, if u're taking MTM gowns, then it's time to start work!
happy.gif

Wendy, thks for your info!
happy.gif

leo29

Feb and others,

What lkf said is true. Remember to check price before you buy anythings from Chinatown. My friend just went there to get her stuffs and she said some shops selling price are really ex. Eg, she saw a shop selling a battery operate lamp at $4 but run out of red color. Running out of time, she getting married next mth she had to buy one from another shop at $7, exactly the same. That mean a pair at $14 compare to $8, wow.... different of $6. Although not really much but just don't like the feeling of being con. Also if we intend to buy all those stuffs from one shop, we have to prepare to pay for somes that is more ex. What to do, to save trouble mah better to buy from 1 shop. And hor, they like to turn and twist the price so you must remember clearly. She ask me no need to get everythings from Chinatown, those that can get from Housing Estate, eg AMK centre, near old interchange, selling pots, pan , bowl….. just buy from them. Some of the things is cheaper there.

Lkf,

Hmm……., wash sofa cover??? You never used washing machine meh? You move in already? Which blk you stay? Me at 134, Shirlyn was very near me but never met her before.

sleepy

Hi cherubies

Glad to have u back! Finally can concentrate liao.

Wow...your PS is super late....I took mine in March...will be getting my album end of this month. U sure your album be ready in time?

I walk round and round Tampines Mall, can't find anything to make the circlet....do u have flowergirl. How do you 'decorate' them? hee

maya

Hi, I haven't book anything yet. THinking of doing it real last min bec not sure how the sars thing will go. Also, thinking of short one immediately after wedding then maybe longer one end of the yr.

Sleepy, how abt wire? You can go to this shop in People's Park, Golden Dragon, they sell materials for all your sewing needs, also sell beads, crystal stuff. I bought some things there to make my wrist corsages. You can buy the wires, twist them into circlets, buy those flowers, leaves, beads, whatever and attach them to the wires. your flower gals can wear them like a hair band, shld be quite secure

M

mrs

Hello, Sandgirl.

I think I caught the bug in office...cos a few of my colleagues were sick before me. Somehow,aircon room tend to spread virus faster...Now my hubby down with it already....bad luck
sad.gif

Wnedyl,

Think it's popular because of the nice garden and beach. DO show us the pics once you get hold of it!

Naturally,

We tried the EG with tapes and stuff but somehow still cannot...sigh......no choice lor...

kk: my album is about the size of those that you can buy commercially lor, just that it's specially made only for the photographers' customers. It can accomodate bigger pictures, but in the case of 8R pictures like mine, there is a black "frame" surrounding the photo. Quite nice, coz i like the black border surrounding the photo.

jus: aiyoh! 1000 pcs ??? can't grab all lah .... some of the shots would be the same pose i'm sure!
must exercise some control, else 1000pcs * $20each = $20,000 !!!

leo29

Serene,

My thinking was quite similar to your bf lei. I want my hubby to accompany me on the wkend. If he got other program on that I can’t see him the whole day, I will be very upset and will angry with him. But no quarrel lah. What to do, we only see each other on wkend so I treasure it very much. Wkday, both of us are very tire after work so no strength to go out. To be frank, I’m also the processive type. Oh oh ….. don’t know my hubby have the same feeling as you or not. Must Fang Xing Fang Xing.

What Besse said is right, cannot tell him straight that he and your friends is equally important lah. Will hurt him, you know! You know lah, clubbing place is quite complicated, he care for you so he don’t like you to go. Did you stay out very late?

Besse,

That is normal. I want to ‘loh soh’ again. We come from different family with different up bringing so more or less our taste is different. Ai yoh, during our reno., we don’t know quarrel how many thousand times, abit ‘qua zhang’ lah with my hubby. So we divided our territory, hubby in charge living and bedroom and me kitchen. End up I gave up becos I really lousy in reno. stuff. Just give in sometimes lor. Just imagine I and my hubby have been together for 10 yrs and even now we still have disagreement when buying sofa. Bed is another one. Headache man!

ava

Hi leo
happy.gif

yep yep ;) photos taken by some friends
happy.gif
'cos BUDGET!!! *sigh* still it's not too bad
happy.gif
i'm looking forward to the actual day
happy.gif

can't wait to see the PS of all ur gals & guy ;)

besse

Leo..

Keke.. i shy mah.. no dare post the one with the front wan.. wait the details up then i post
happy.gif

Hmm. annor.. so sian.. these few weeks we poke and irritat each other like hell.. he says my tastes weird and i say he likes to spend money brainlessly.. haiz.. oso dunn hw to compromise sometimes.. headache.. smore now not really into the buying stage yet.. we still shopping ard ..cant imagine how bad the disagreements will get once we start the actual buying..

besse

Hi Min!!

Hmm.. not decided.. shortlisted 3, El-Fa one of them.. hehe.. that Raymond got back to us over the weekend.. cos if not, we will have to write him off.. now pending last lap.. for them to revert with more detailed quote and design after visiting our place.. before we decide.

U leh??

simplegal

I'm new at the thread....& I'm sure all of us here r Nov'03 brides...

may I know wat stage of preparation are you guys at now...jus wanna see if I'm on track...hear from u guys soon....

=)

A

amerline

hi jus,

1000 pics!! u and ur FH must be real tired after all that smiling!!
22178.gif
i could not maintain my smile after 150 shots. i am impressed!!

looks like we must have a gathering soon, photo viewing session!! maybe can do it someone's hse, so can see the CD-Roms too!!
22179.gif

22180.gif

jus

Hi kk and 1027,

Yeap, agreed, agreed
Definitely would not be taking all the photos
Just choose those that we really like

Oh yes, does anybody know where I can get the materials to make wrist corsage? Those material for the flowers, or ready-made flowers (better still hee hee)
Ribbons are quite easily found
It’s the flowers that I m not too sure

I think somebody mentioned arab street before
Do they sell ready-made flowers?

A

amerline

hi jus,

i contacted a girl "pinkapple" b4, she makes real nice corsages. u want i can drop u her number or e-mail.

cherubies

Hi sleepy,

ya lor. i'm the late one. cos of my exams. =p
should be ready on time. will have to ask my photographer n his wife to jia you.. hee hee...
wow, getting album end of this month...

yup having a flowergal. haven't thought about dressing her up. will have to bring her to buy her dress soon then see got what. maya's suggestions look great.... will see if i can try that...

maya,

don't worry. wait and see ya. for me it's becoz we booked our tour just before the sars thing and my fh will be busy at end of year...
=)

jus

Hi Amerline,

No-lah… unable to smile for more than ¾ hours…
My PS was spread over a few days…
So still able to smile during the first few hours of the day…

sandgirl72

Hi Naturally
Thanks a lot for enlightening to me.. I'm so happy that I'm not too late.. kekekeee...
biggrin.gif

Hi Mrs Quake
Both U and yr hubby must take extra good care lor..
happy.gif