(2003) Brides of year 2003

jazz

Gals, back from my Guodali yest, I almost break down for the past few days 'cos I realized last min that ppl are telling me opp things to do that I just got confused and dunno what I should do. Then got lots of work issues, feel super stressed. Now, finally, I can sit back and take a rest to complete the other stuffs now...
happy.gif

I finally knew how to read what's the good times and bad times for the day you're getting married on. Like Shook said, 11am-1pm on her wedding day is not good for anything, but the times before and after that is good. I checked out a few dates and noticed that the good and bad timings varies on different day. So if you'd like to check which timing is good, can find out from the tong shu.

Pausini, so sorry that I missed getting back to you abt 1st May for An Chuang. You do not have to worry, there's nothing in the Tong Shu abt An Chuang on 1st May (meaning nothing is written in the good or bad section), so it's fine.

Kare, hehe... me feeling the same here, no mood to work, but got so much work to be done.
happy.gif
What is the pass about? What can we do with the pass?

May, read that so you're going Europe instead?
happy.gif

Shook, no need to give your nieces and nephews or the banquet mgr, or waiter, and waitresses lah.. hehe... save the money for your honeymoon. :D I found out from my friend, if we want to travel to Europe, one possible way to make Paris or Amsterdam as our base, then travel from there. I think it's better too 'cos the flights to London is quite filled out on the way back. I'm still trying to find if there's any land tours and when they start so that if you hope on the tour exactly the day you touched down at the airport, you saved your time. Dun worry, you settle your wedding first, let me go do more research.
happy.gif

pausini

jazz: that is ok! anyway mine is over liao. wat happen to ur GDL? when the elderly comes together they have alot to say.

jus

Hi kk,

I supposed that the colour must match your gowns
Actually light colours (pink, peach, pearl) should go well with most gowns
Alternatively, you can opt for French manicure – very classic n more or less confirmed can match any gown
The downside would be you have to go for a manicure

I opted out for pedicure (I try-lar to spend less hee hee)
Anyway, most prob cannot be seen unless we purposely take feet shots

I would think it’s better to get your own nail polish
At least you can be sure of the colour (hee hee)
But do bear in mind that the nails may not be dried fully as what 1027 mentioned

elaine

Hi kk,

My photos didn't have the 'sample' stamp on them. Not sure if other bridal shops does it, but you can check with your photographer maybe during the ps & ask him if they practice it.

shook

Hihi Pausini
Did u change to another gown for sending guests off?

Hihi May
Simmon gonna deliver a new mattress to u b4 15 May?

Hihi Jazz
Hmm... u expert in reading tong shu now.
So sorry dat u r so stressed, I still leave the honeymoon research to u. My hubby's colleague planned 4 free n easy trip to Europe last mth but cancelled it due to SARs outbreak last mth. I asked my hubby to check wif his colleague if she still has the info. Look 4ward to going to Europe wif u
happy.gif

Hihi Meekoo
U there? Wish u b a mei mei bride tml
kiss.gif

bigbird

Wow....didn't log on for 2 days...so much stuff here...

Wedding on 28 June, at the Westin, Studio / Outdoor photos taken & selected also.... just have to collect a week before the wedding....

Just got my cards printed for wedding dinner.... now having a headache with the cards for church wedding...

Have not planned my Honeymoon also, don't know whether going also...
lame.gif

Sigh...... with the SARs ard....

pausini

HI Shook: no i just stay with my EG till the end. No time to change here and there. althot i have only 17 tables i ony get to eat the 1st two dishes and the last dish.

really got no time to change so many times.

kare2711

May
I've got everything copied already. Will send it to you after I get the stamp later. Actually I didn't do the copying. It's my SO who did it
happy.gif

Good that you're still sticking to Rome.

Jazz
The pass is for train travel. Like the one I am going to buy, allows for 4 days travel on rail within 4 months. Not a good deal if I'm just travelling within Italy since Italy has cheap rail fares. But since I'm going Paris-Venice & Rome-Paris, then it's a good deal for me. Supposed to help me save money on rail travel.

omveganyogi

hi soyabean you might wanna call me om hahahaha many commented on my nick liao.

anyway my bridal shop is thomson wedding & design which i really dun find gd and photos only collect on 2 days before my wedding.

aiyoh so many nitty gritty things on hands so tired....

if u REALLY want to do a french mani but want to save money, there is a french mani set that's being sold in Watsons.

Its the french manicure set by Sally Hansen, for $12.90 i think. Comes in a box containing 1 clear nail polish (they also have a very slight pink), 1 white nail polist (for the finger tips) and 20 stickers (to guide u to paint the white tips).

I tried it before, but i find the stickers quite redundant. In fact, i think it made a bigger mess of my nails.

With a steady hand, you can try to paint the finger tips on your own. Takes some practise of course, but after a while its ok.

may

Jazz: i am now reseaching on Europe. Hubby has a 180 degrees change of mind. n coz me so much stress...

so nice tat u n shook will be traveling together...i still cant make up my mind to concentrate in one country or cross over to italy and switzerland.

Shook: ya, they are coming w the new mattress tomw night.

Kare: thanks to yr hubby for doing the copying ...i look forward to get the info tomw...

C

*cynthia*

Hi Jazz, cynthia here. You're getting married next weekend, right? Congratulations and enjoy the day, ya?

Just like to know when you're leaving for your honeymoon and when you're back... My hubby and I may pay you a visit, if I am not too heavy to travel by then
lame.gif

kopibean

Hi all,

hope I dun miss out anything!
Besides sentosa,changi beach, any other interesting yet undiscovered places in singapore for photo shoot?

Hi meow and the rest,
just to check is spain,switzerland a suitable place to go in the month of dec?

totoro

heehee..a bit shy but besides victoria secrets anyone knows where to buy sweet and nice and sexy lingerine??in spore...

what u gals weaing for wedding night huh?

K

kk

Hi Flowee Jie,

Yah lor, and my hubby laughing away when we were sms-ing. kekeke.. he asked why dun pick up the phone and talk, so ma fan got to sms :p

Heeee, remember i told u no fitting for me? :pP
The next time I see my gown is the ps morning itself :p Weird hor? :p

Hi Elaine,

Yah, that's what i am thinking. Asking the bridal shop next tues. Hope it won't slip my mind. I have been getting forgetful
sad.gif

K

kk

Hi Jus,

The nail polish the makeup artist applied for me during my rom dried pretty fast. I just bought a quick dry one.. ekekeke.. pink in colour. I flipped thru' magazine and saw most brides having pink on their fingers, so i think higher probability of using pink? So i grabbed a pink nail polish just now :p

sweets

totoro,

intend to keep my WG on...har har....no one is going to take it off me...once in a lifetime leh, I wanna wear it everyday!! woo hoo!!q

min

Hi, gals,

Just to check. Izit better to have digitial photographing or filr photographing on actual day? Which is better? Anyone can advise on the advantage and disadventages? Are you all having videographing as well?

I confused.

cin

Hi Totoro,
Heh i buy from Victoria's Secrets too.. find the collection in Singapore not that nice. You can try Blush! at Scotts Shopping centre or Paragon. There are also small lingerie shops here and there... there is one in the corner of the 2nd or 3rd floor of wisma, it has a branch at great world too...

littlerabbit

Hi Meow,
Yap long time didn't come in as have been very busy with work but recently better. So pop in again.

Hi Min,
For me no comments on digital or film photographing. Most importantly is they muz turn out nice. As for videographing still pondering over it.

are

meow.. ya, feels real gd to be free. hse shd be ready in 2 wks, so juz nice timing, now all mind on the hse.

min... i will be having videography cos i want to capture moments i might hv missed. realised tat when i'm too panicky i blank out & dun rem anything, like ROM, so wld like to be able to see wat really happened.
happy.gif
i personally prefer film for actual day cos reproduction is cheaper, esp since i will develop for my guests. digital is gd cos you can lay it out like the PS into an album, but film ones will juz be in a normal album. but i hv heard tat digital is not so gd if lighting is not too strong, so dinner pics might be affected. juz my views.

meow

Sweetie,
I'm thinking of having my PS taken at Botanic Garden and Sentosa. Think its enough to cover everything liao. Where is Tanjiong Rhu? I keep forgetting where that place is.
sad.gif

Kopibean,
Labordor park, Mohmahmad Sultan, Raffles marina...dunno liao

Spain, switz...i not sure. But i remember once that someone post here where to go is the best during seasons. Who huh? Can advise to above?

Girls i think we should compile a list here to see where we can think of taking PS. What do you think?

Min,
I personally prefer film base as compare to digital. But of course both have pros and cons. Dig - easy to keep and edit photos, but ex to redevelope unless huge quantity. If blow up pix, maybe blur too
Film - cheaper to develope, clear, able to control lighting. No problem in blowing up pixs. Unable to edit, if scan, resolution is a factor too
Videography - dun wish to spent so much on all these. Thou i may miss what's happening behind the door, but if photos are well taken with sequence i believe i still can put them into pieces.
happy.gif

littlerabbit,
Better hop in more often hor
wink.gif

pink_grapefruit

Hi all the nov brides here,

me getting hitch in Nov too... but i've a problem. My toe nail (big one)fell off last week due to freak accident and my PS will be in June. Now, my big toe looks very raw and sore. Any suggestions how to fix this problem?

BTW, i think botanical gdns is a nice place for taking pictures cos of the lush vegetation. Can anyone comment on this? What about National Museum?

serene

Hi ladies,
I am back..having my PS this Fri!! So excited to see the exchanges over nails!! Hehee...i am going for my manicure cum pedicure tomorrow..hope it turns out well...does it takes very long for normal session? Two of my fingers nails are chipped off..dunno need nail extension or not?

Hi cookiecorgi,
My id was my father-in-law, he is doing carpentry work and happened to know pple in this line..so he helps me to source for the different pple to do the hse..save $
happy.gif

Hi gals: Think the gathering will have to be postponed to June or early July..sorry abt that cos me very busy with work recently..boss might be leaving cos promoted to go to another Division, so he bochap abt his work.leaving me and my Mgr to struggle with tons of work...feel like taking a holiday ...

A

amerline

hi ladies!

i just came back from my PS! totally exhausting day but quite funny lah
happy.gif
! 3 things i learnt today:

1) u must have good abdominal muscles! all those poses they ask u to strike could sprain ur back very seriously hhahahahah i even climb the roots of a big tree in my WG today
lame.gif

2) have someone to carry ur barang barang for u. u will already be totally exhausted posing to lift a finger to carry anything *trust me*

3) invest in a good manicure (with extensions & nail art) and pedicure! dun do french manicure, TOO natural already. no point loh. lots of shots with hands and feet shown! *ya and also go polish ur diamond ring*

i went to sentosa (beaufort golf course, suspension bridge, sunset bay, rasa sentosa), victoria theatre and fullerton for outdoor.

if possible, get a frd to take candid shots of both of u during the shoot if the studio allow!

no need to bring so many things during the shoot!
nono.gif
very unnecessary and cumbersome only. Most essential is tissue paper and water only. i wore 1 pair of shoe during my ourdoor only, coz most of the time i was barefoot
biggrin.gif

also, practise grinning and holding on for a good 2 min for the photographer. time urself k? 2 min is an eternity with the sun glaring at u and 2 tonnes of makeup and heavy gown....

anyway wish all of u have fun at ur PS!

wendyl

Hi,

Anyone got any ways to prevent mosquites to bite at my eyes?afraid when eve of ps,my eyes will swollen?

Another things is anyone got saw a lady wearing cheong sam,at singapore brides website.would like to view this pic again.Thanks.

Wendy

jus

Hi kk,

Mine is also pink (pearly) hee hee
I think should be able to match most gowns n looked natural too…
When’s your PS?

Hi Serene,

A normal session won’t be too long, dun worry
About one to one and a half hours
But, must make sure they’re totally dried first before u leave
Otherwise, easily smudged ; )

Your PS is even earlier than mine…
Like you, I m very excited and looking forward it
Just hope that everything would turn up well
; )

Hi Amerline,

Glad to hear that your PS went well

My friends would not be going with me to Penang (due to SARS concerns)
Alamak… cham… must depend on husband oledi hee hee

How long did you spend on your studio shoots?
You managed to go to so many places for your outdoor
Happy for you!
I hoping to go 3 (or more hahaha) places for my Singapore outdoor shoot
But then and again, maybe should limit the places and concentrate more on the studio shoots since, I have the penang outdoor shoot done….

At the end of the day (after the outdoor shoot), did the make-up last? Still ok?
I m planning a family potrait at the end of my outdoor shoot, but no make-up artist then

M

mrs

Hi Wendyl,

Do you mean that there's mosquitos in your room? If yes, you may want to rely on some essential oil (available at bodyshop and scent shop) in a burner to keep them away. Can start doing this a few days before your wedding. As for which oil, I can't remember. You can check with the shop assistance.

erin

hi jbride,
how does ur gown look like? do u have photos to share? guess all of us r eager to settle on the design of the gowns.
happy.gif

hi mrs quake,
sorry to hear that ur fh is down with chicken pox. think he should be ok by the time u have ur ps. normally, it takes abt 2 weeks to recover.

hi wendyl,
another suggestion is that u burn mosquito coil in ur room. have not tried that b4 so i don't know whether it's effective or not.

jus, may i check with u if your penang PS is done by a local photographer or one that you booked from penang itself?

chicory

hi wendyl,

you can buy those electric mosquito coil (i think the brand is baygon) cuz' i know some people may not like the smell of burning the actual coil.

Y

yi

hi kk mei,

finally u got it huh? hehehe
PS coming soon hor, relaxed and everything will
be smooth sailing. i did not fuss over my PS too
much too. just go there, makeup, change gowns
then leave it to the photographer who will teach
us wat to do. soon it will be over!
happy.gif

take it easy!

btw, my photos dun have the chop "SAMPLE" too.
I guess most studios if not all dun do that!

hi jady,

haven't show my hubby yet.
maybe will show him on our 2nd ROM anniversary day.
happy.gif

hope he get a surprise! heheheh
oh, reno completing soon huh?
like what the other gals say, all o us been through the cleaning process when we got our love nest. itz rathr fun though tiring!
happy.gif
Njoy!

hi flowee,

ya hor, we email and sms too hor! kekeke
glad to keep in contact!
happy.gif

btw, my cookie has grown quite abit liao.
and my mum is cooking her a drumstick per week, she love it so much! :p

naturally

Wendy,
Usually mosquitoes dun bite at eyes, not much blood there...?? Do u often have swollen eyes, maybe yours is an allergy instead of mosquito bite? Sometimes my skin also gets very sensitive, and if i try new skincare products which are too strong for me, or if i use a moisturiser/makeup which i haven't used for a long time (and possibly gone bad
lame.gif
), and esp if i use them near the eyes, i sure kena rashes or swollen eye... so maybe the culprit is the skincare products or makeup, and not the mosquitoes?
happy.gif

If u suffer swollen eyes again, u can see a doctor who will prob give u anti-histamine cream to apply, the swell shd go down in a few hours. Meanwhile, try to avoid applying new products on your face, esp on the eve of your PS! Hope u have a great PS!
happy.gif

jus

Hi 1027,

Nope, not booked from Penang, but from singapore
He agreed to travel to Penang to take photos for me hee hee
Apparently some of his customers actually requested him to go to Paris, Korea, Perth etc!

priviledged

Hi all, how's everyone? I haven't posted for some time. So many messages here!

Just did our PS yesterday. Thank God the weather cleared up just long enough for our outdoor shoot. It was not as tiring as I thought it would be and wasn't so difficult. We enjoyed ourselves. I think even the bouquet of flowers enjoyed itself
rofl.gif
Hope the photos turn out nice cos I'm not exactly very photogenic
lame.gif
!

Now I'm still stressed cos I STILL haven't finished my Masters thesis, and have all these cards to write after work every day!

Have you all sent your invitation cards yet?

jus

Hi 1027,

No problem
He’s Albert Chua of Everafter
You can find out more in this website (there’s a thread on him)
Mostly ex/current brides’ comments
I m pretty happy with him
He’s fun-loving and very willing to try out new things
Not to mention flexible too
Me n FH took a such a long tome to decide if whether to go ahead with the Penang Shoot, albert was very patient with us
Hahaha, seems like I m promoting him (albert, if you happen to read this, must give discount ok!!!)
His charges are quite ok, relatively cheaper than those more established ones

tingting

hi wendyl,

understand your situation..i've also got mosquito bites at my eyelid before...dunno why they want to target that area!
lame.gif
Somemore i got it while i was in the living room..so really "caught off guard"..

I think they may not come close to you if you have some moisturizer on your face...maybe u want to put on some eyegel or something, and at night u may want to try the essential oil/coil in your room.

cherubies

Hi kk,
*envy envy* hee hee... great for you.. *pat on the back*... finally ya...
happy.gif

i just finished one yesterday. one more next fri. just got my trial makeup yesterday, was very fun... hee hee...

hi xx,
hee hee... nice pix on cover....finally i know how u look like...
happy.gif

hi flo,
how r you?
i got pixs from yesterday trial but my stupid digi cam and laptop don't want to "communicate" with each other so i can't load the pixs yet. may have to get a card reader. =p

will be going for my hair trim and hair highlights this aft... never done that b4 wonder how it's like. going to spend a bomb... hee hee. it's ok.. once in a lifetime...

my kitchen cabinets are up already last nite when we went to see my flat... so soon it will be completed... yipee...

ok talk to you gals some other time ya...

OH YEAH !!!
My sister also used Albert Chua for her actual day photography !!

In fact, he used a picture of my nephew on his website (this little boy sleeping in the baby chair at the backseat of a car).

Agree agree that his photography is nice !!
But i find his prices abit steep...

jazz

Cynthia, nice to hear from you.
happy.gif
Congrads to you too!
happy.gif
We be going to Europe most probably mid of June, so we'll still around if you would like to visit us, maybe, the following Sat (24th). Can give MW a call before coming over. We sure welcome you to drop by!!!
happy.gif

Pausini, oh boy, my grandma sure have a lot to say, like explaining what the things are for, what we need to do on our wedding blah blah blah... hehehe... it was over like in a "poof" but it sure took us lots of time to prepare everything.

May, dun hesitate, cross over to Switzerland lah!!! Unless you will come back another day to visit Switzerland. Otherwise if you dun go, then you might regret.
happy.gif

Meekoo, congrads and wishing you a wonderful day tomorrow.
happy.gif

Kare, maybe, you can persuade your FH to go for one more country Switzerland since it's just next door only and I heard that the Swiss Alps is beautiful.
happy.gif

M

mrs

Hi erin,

He is recovering now....scabs are forming and I think he should be well by next week. But I can see that some of the places where the scabs had fallen off actually leaves a hole. He has one on his nose. Dunno if that will recover in time or not otherwise he will remain 'mo peng' on our ps day!

bigbird

Sweets..... so ur is at Conrad....nice...actually like the place & wanted my dinner there, but they were very strict on their Beer & Wine, so in the end went for Westin instead. I like the spiral staircase, the piano & the Chandelia at Conrad. Nice bridal suite also. It's the 1st place I saw.
lol.gif

Whose you Bridal & u book actual day photographer yet? Sent out the cards yet?

I'm collecting my cards on Saturday, sourcing for church cards now...
happy.gif

naturally

Wow! Tingting, the mosquito managed to steal a "kiss" on your eyelid while u are awake and blinking? Then u better have mosquito coil around in your house... the baygon electric coil is quite good, think it's called "mat" instead of coil? That one not smelly...
happy.gif

Wendy,
U having your PS next week hor? Must share with us your experience!
happy.gif

serene

Hi ladies,
Morning!

Hi Amerline,
Wow..you sure travel to alot of places in one day. Wat time did you went for the outdoor shots?
Me thinking of Sentosa also..but dunno will they charge extra or not??