(2003) Brides of year 2003

jus

Hi 1027,

Oh yea…
You mentioned previously
I agree that for actual day, it’s a little more exp (but he normally would throw in a video montage as well)
But I think for the PS, it’s reasonable and cheaper than established photographers

However, this is of course still more exp than if you take a bridal package hee hee

naturally

Mrs Quake,
sorry to hear that your FH is down with chickenpox, is he adverse to facial treatments? If not, can bring him to "repair" the damage...
happy.gif
Otherwise, Andrew Choi can always digitally remove the slight imperfections?

i agree... i also did ala carte for my photography, bridal gowns etc ... end up spending even more money than an all-in package !

jus

Hi 1027

Yeap yeap…
Quite xin tia
But, done oledi… hahaha
So must console myself that at least I m choosing all those items from the shops that suits me best hee hee ; P

Lazy to check previous postings, have you taken your photos yet?

wendyl

Hi,

I am sure it mosquites leh,cos it is itchy when i apply itchy cream.
i dun like coil leh,anyone got any idea to buy something to cover eyes?

Wendy

shook

I feel so embarrassed yesterday. 1 of my colleague supposed to get married dec 2002. She postponed her wedding to Jul 2003. I din invite her since her wedding is 2 mths after mine. It told her on Tue dat I can't invite her coz our wedding is 2 mths apart. Then she told me she postpones her wedding to Dec 2003. I invited her but she is travelling so can't make it. She wanted to give me an ang pow. I felt shy. I told her dun need since I din give her invitation card. A big mistake!! She is v sweet to buy 2 cakes yesterday n called almost everyone to cheers 4 me. Oh my god, I din invite everyone!! A girl said she din know abt my wedding. I said I kept a low profile. Then an ang mo said v loudly he wasn't even invited.
embarrassed.gif
embarrassed.gif
embarrassed.gif
embarrassed.gif
embarrassed.gif
Do u gals think I shld invite tis ang mo? I still have a few empty seats

leo29

Are,

Your house ready in 2 weeks time! Very fast lei!

Meow,

How about you, start your reno. already? Here is the list you requested.

JANUARY & FEBRUARY
Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Bali, Belize, Brazil, Canada (ski destinations), Caribbean, Central & South Africa, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Maldives, Mexico, Morocco, New Zealand, The Florida Keys, USA (ski destinations)

MARCH
Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Belize, Brazil, Canada (ski destinations), Caribbean, Central & South Africa, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Egypt, French Polynesia, Hawaii, Maldives, Mexico, Morocco, The Florida Keys, USA (ski destinations, Southeast, Southwest)

APRIL
Argentina, Bahamas, Belize, Brazil, Canada, Caribbean, Central & South Africa, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Egypt, French Polynesia, Hawaii, Italy, Maldives, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Spain, The Florida Keys, USA

MAY
Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, Britain, Canada, Caribbean, Central & South Africa, Czech Republic, Fiji, France, French Polynesia, Greece, Hawaii, Ireland, Italy, Madagascar, Maldives, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Seychelles, Spain, Thailand, The Florida Keys, USA

JUNE
Bermuda, Brazil, Britain, Canada, Central & South Africa, Czech Republic, Fiji, France, French Polynesia, Greece, Hawaii, Ireland, Italy, Madagascar, Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, Spain, Thailand, USA (Alaska, Northeast)

JULY & AUGUST
Bermuda, Brazil, Britain, Canada, Central & South Africa, Czech Republic, Fiji, France, French Polynesia, Ireland, Kenya, Madagascar, Malaysia, Seychelles, Thailand, USA (Alaska, Northeast)

SEPTEMBER
Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, Britain, Canada, Central & South Africa, Czech Republic, Fiji, France, French Polynesia, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Madagascar, Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, Spain, Thailand, USA

OCTOBER
Australia, Bali, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Central & South Africa, Egypt, Fiji, French Polynesia, Hawaii, Italy, Madagascar, Maldives, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Seychelles, Spain, USA

NOVEMBER
Australia, Bahamas, Bali, Belize, Brazil, Canada (ski destinations), Central & South Africa, Egypt, French Polynesia, Hawaii, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, New Zealand, Seychelles, Spain, USA (ski destinations, Southeast, Southwest)

DECEMBER
Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Bali, Belize, Brazil, Canada (ski destinations), Caribbean, Central & South Africa, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Morocco, New Zealand, The Florida Keys, USA (ski destinations)

sweets

hi priviledged...was wondering where u were..abrinas another one dissppeared ... congrats on successful PS !!
happy.gif
when can u see ur pix ?

Bigbird...we manged to neog the wines corkage to flat fee
happy.gif
so its very affordable for us lar...all thanks to my FH's glib mouth..

We are with BV for EG ...actaul day photorgapher choose Moomedia...cards not even printed yet...bad hor...

WHich church are u holding ur ceremony at ?

flowee

gd afternn ladies

kk mei

perhaps u can c if u can arrange a fittin b4 ur ps???
it wld b better if u can try out ur gowns once more b4 ur ps...
juz in case there's some adjustments 2 b made...

yi

cookie is 5mths oredi hor...
time reali flies soon will b her bdaz liao...
stitchie bb is nw boardin @ my in laws place...
oredi brought her back from the pet shop since last wkend...
she will b @ my love nest durin the wkends...

tokin abt feedin her chicken meat, its their favourite but its also harmful 2 them...
the skin prob ( if she has any ) will persist unless there's a stop 2 chicken meat in their diet...
they tends 2 scratch more if chicken meat is within their diet...
u can try out 2 c the diff...
n also the solid food shdnt b in chicken favour 2...
lamb n rice will b most ideal...
happy.gif

cher

ur last fittin over???
n manage 2 take some pixs ah...
its ok take ur time 2 upload ur pixs...

goin 2 pan4 mei mei ah...
enjoy ur hairdo n highlightin...
how abt ur nails???
goin 4 mani/pedi b4 ur ps daz???

wow ur reno started liao???
ur is a premium shd b all done up veri soon...
so happi 4 u....
happy.gif

ladies

hv a gd lunch...
happy.gif

meow

Welcome pink_grapefruit
bounce.gif

I think you mean the art museum is it? Think it looks nicer as compare to the national museum. As for your toe nail, if you aren't wearing those open toes shoes, then i think you still can hide them away as compare to me which i need to use nail extension.
happy.gif

naturally

Oh yeah, why we never thot of it?
lol.gif
Wendy u very clever, heehee, u can go to watson's or similar shops to buy a eye mask, shd be quite cheap!

But problem is, if it's really a mosquito problem, wat if the mosquito bite other parts of the face??? Then u have to use a "face mask"???
rofl.gif
Heehee, just kidding...

are

leo29... ya lor, finally got most things done liao. now going to put up my kitchen cabinet w/o the skin! hehehe... the laminate we wanted ran out of stk & we dun fancy anything else, so bo bian lor. then left the parquet oni, painting oso done liao. then it will be wash n wash n wash...
happy.gif

pink grapefruit... i think national museum is closed liao, for reno. or like wat meow said, you meant art museum? its v nice there, v classic look, esp if you take B/W.

pausini

Shook: this things always happens.
If u still have sit u can still invite them. if they even ask abt it, u can say u are finalising the list and u just completed the card and planing to give them now. I know it is very embarrassing but they are sincere then they wldnt mind lor..

i also invite some of my colleagues very last min. So of my colleagues are very nice to told me to give their seats to other pple.

I got two colleagues last min cant make it. my mum called her friends to fill it up.

ava

Meow
happy.gif

gd for you
happy.gif
glad u don't succumb to pressure and sale tatics
happy.gif
happy.gif

it's impt that you are absolutely happy with your preferred ID
happy.gif

so tomorrow confirmed
happy.gif
i'll look out for you with your suitcase ;) hee he ehe

may

Jazz: yah, planning to go Switzerland. Switzerland has so many info on the web that it is so easy to plan. But Italy is a killer. Sigh.

SQ's promo is really worth it, i will be flying into Zurich and then out from Rome. So we will be spending 4 nights in Switzerland and 6 nights in Italy. Intend to go Milan, Venice and Rome. Now the problem is getting the hotels.

R u going to get the Euro Rail tix. I wondering how much it will cost to take the train from Switzerland to Italy...

Shook: oh this really embarrassing...er..since u now got empty seat..invite the ang mo loh...it is too late..yr wedding on Sunday...how?

shook

Hihi Pausini, May

I asked my close colleague's opinion. She said tis ang mo v snobbish one. Dun care abt him. She said if I invite him then how abt those present @ the mini party which I din invite.

Today, a colleague told me she can't attend my wedding coz she gotta rush to Australia. Her sis is in Australia. I din ask her wat happen as she doesn't look comfortable to tell me wat happen. Another empty seat. Sigh...........

Y

yi

hi cherubies,

hehehehe
tatz not the pic that i like most though
send 3 and tatz was chosen instead. =P

hi flowee,

cookie is turning 6mths on 18 may liao.
she big gal liao. hehehe
yap, she likes the chicken meat so much, finish
them very fast leh! i'm trying to make it a
weekly treat for her, coz my mum dotes on her thus
dun want to disappt my mum. kekeke
yap, she is taking solid gold lamb and rice all along. howz stitchie?
glad that you have decided to bring stitchie back.
tatz better for her rite? howz your in-laws reaction?

i took once in april, got another one in june
hiao ... got 2 albums.

dun xin tia lah .... once in a lifetime mah...

pausini

oh if that the`case then dun bother with the ang mo. i thot he is sincere. jas77 n I invite a same couple for our wedding.

Heard from Jas77 that they only give her certain amount which of course cant cover her table. As for me, mine table not that ex so even if they really give me the same amt i still can cover. But to our surprise, they give us more than jas77. Now i dun dare to tell jas77 how much they give us. Later she not happy.

Shook: Urs is nothing liao. i got one very classic case one. It happen to me. i dun know shld i sad or angry.

I invite these two colleagues. one have left the coy and she promise to come. then the other got flu and SMS me that she couldnt make it. Understandable lah, she sick and dun want the virus to spread to other guests. But the ex-colleague after get to know that this colleague not going. she also sms telling me she not coming and i was in the middle of rest. after i saw her msg, i woke up. cant sleep anymore.

She give me the excuse that she dun know other int he table. wah liao all are colleagues she knew, no matter wat i said she just give me excuse for not coming. very disappointed with her.. and i lose my sleep... *argh*

Like i said lor, really have to relax and dun get too work out if anything really goes wrong. Cos there are still alot of pple ard to bless both of u.

leo29

Are,

No need to wash n wash n wash. You just need to clean the wardrobe/cabinet and mop the floor only. Becos when reno is completed, the contractor will do a chemical wash for you. Very clean one. But you don't have a main con, i don't know who should be the one to do for you.

meow

Ava,
Yes i'll see you there with my suitcase and you'll help me carry them around. Many many bags hor
biggrin.gif
Then you explain to my hubby okie
lol.gif

wendyl

Hi naturally,

i think eye mask is important leh,cos ps make up,stil lcan see ur eyes swollen,but if face bitten by mosquites,can apply make up on it,will not be very obvious.

Wendy

jus

Hi 1027,

Ya-lar… that’s wat I told myself as well
Wah, you got two albums
Both by different photographers?

How was your PS in April?
Did your make-up last?

yah, 2 different photographers.
PS in april ... ok lah
was quite determined with the exercise regine before the PS, but after the PS got lazy again.

Now the next PS is 1 month away, gotta start working out again!

the make-up lasted. I didn't have to reapply any powder, just blot only.

i prefer the indoor shoot to the outdoor shoot, somehow the lighting was more complementary.

jus

Hi 1027,

Who are your photographers?
Would you be wearing the same gowns?

Since taking a second photo album, can afford to be more adventurous hee hee

jbride

hi gals,

wendy, your PS next week huh...have u tried threading? u might wanna go threading this week so that your face will look very pretty with the makeup on & esp. when your photographer take close up shots
21577.gif

yah, & if u have a low back gown, dun wear bra to sleep the nite before your PS hor...

the same goes for our wedding day
21578.gif

priviledged

Hi Sweets, are you back in Singapore yet? I remember you were going away again (?)

My church wedding will be at Zion Presbyterian Church. We'll probably get to see the proofs for the photos in about 2-3 weeks' time. Have you taken your photos yet?

Even amid the stress, I'm getting excited again about the wedding. We've bought all our necessary things for our flat and the renos should begin next week. Our ID coordinator is very 'on'. Our cards turned out very nice after some initial stress.

naturally

Hi Wendy,

Hmm... still, it will be best if u can keep those bloodsuckers off your face!

For myself, i can't sleep with an eye mask, i think i will panick in the morning, if i open my eyes and can't see a thing!
lol.gif
I think i'm very lucky that we dun have a mosquito problem in my house... just an occasional one or two, but my mummy usually tracks them down fast and "SMACKED!", hiak hiak hiak! And sometimes she would ask us not to move and be her live bait! *ouch*

So wendy, u take care of your eyes okie?
happy.gif

Hi jus!

First album by Bernard (Beetles at Work), second will be by Chris Ling. Hiao hor? Initally i didn't want ANY studio shots, but hub wants, so i gave in. Dunno how we ended up with 2 !! Spend so much money some more!!!

No, i won't be wearing the same gowns except the bridal gown and Cocktail gown. Changing evening gowns and traditional costume (kua and kebaya).

More adventurous? no lah, i'll still be the same. Only request is to go to different places for the second PS.

bigbird

Hi Sweets...that's nice, u manage to negociate some stuff, well they were strict with us "No" means "No".... maybe I went to early lah.... was already looking for Hotels in Feb 02. KS hor...
biggrin.gif

My church is at Siglap, OLPS.

are

leo29... oh, my floor contractor already use chemical to wash once for us liao. but he say if it is still dirty after we finish all, then he will come round to wash for us again. hoping there will be minimal dust and 'sand' ard cos i got sinus prob. think will still wash at least once cos my hse already 3 yrs nobody even wash the doors or windows! ;P

N

novgroom

Meow,
The photos will be ready about 3 weeks later.. We decided not to go Sentosa as out studio told us that every week they will have a chance to go there for a photoshoot.. We find it too common already.. so get them to choose some not so common place. I think the 'little forest' is more towards the Gateway that area.. there is a path that leads to the seaside.

Min,
Of course flim photography will be better interms of quality. If you want to put it into digital, you can scan the negatives to the computer. Meow, do you know that Nick's digital photograhy package is still using flim to shoot?

sweets

Priviledged,
Hi...is Zion the one near Chomp Chomp at Serangoon Gardens ? I'm currently in Shanghai, as Fiance was not able to return home over the labor day holidays due to the SARS situation. As a result, our PS has to be done AFTER the wedding, not my first choice sigh, but cannot be helped I guess.

Who did your PS for you ?

Wow, so you are doing reno plus wedding planning simultaneously....that's pretty stressful. Good that you've engaged an ID.

Bigbird, no lar, not KS. We confirmed ours around that date as well, think it was in March 02. Hey, think there are other June brides at OLPS too !
happy.gif

Have you started preparing details like church program yet ?

kiroro

Hi Sweets & Bird Bird,
Very long since I last post a message in this thread. Anyway...That's me... I am having my wedding in OLPS on june 6. Sweets, i remember you dinner as also at Conrad. (Me too...) have you done your food tasting yet ? When is your wedding bird bird ?

L

luvlee

Hi are
using chemical to wash your floor would cause the pointing to wear off very fast. Thus is gd that u do the washing after the whole flat has been renovated.

Happy cleaning and renovation
Cheers

min

Hi gals and Novgroom,

Thanks. Still vex abt using digital and film. Cos if use filem, not enough time to make into wedding highlights to be played in banquet.

sue

Hi May, I think I got a hand & foot scrub. The whole thing lasted abt 2 hrs. Yes, now we are hoping that Chan Bros doesnt hv enuf pax & postpone the trip. We din get penalise for the M'sia wedding dinner. In fact, the boss of the Chinese restaurant told my FH's parents that a lot of couples already cancelled the dinner. However, just now we were @ Conrad to meet our coordinator to finalise the wedding details, there's a wedding going on & there's one tmr, Sat & Sun. They said only two couples postpone their wedding in April so far.

Hi Pausini, hope the accident din do u any harm. Actually, when u said tell us when the time is right, I also think what May is thinking....hehe....are u ??

Hi Shook, Congrats to you & yr hubby. Soon, it'll be yr turn so wanna wish u in advance in case I din log in tmr night.

ally

hi babbit... that sounds interesting! tan yoong's new design? must let us see ur gowns when they're ready
happy.gif

hi gals... as for guo da li, confirmed in the 8th mth cos my date actually just crossed into the 9th mth. i dun really mind which mth it is but my mom and my MIL mind so nevermind lor, as long as they're happy, i'm ok with any date
happy.gif

hmm, i'm feeling very excited today cos i'll be going for a church marriage preparation retreat over the weekend
happy.gif

talk to u all on mon then! enjoy ur weekend!
biggrin.gif

K

kk

Hi Serene,

U must be feeling very excited over ur ps rite?!! Enjoy yourself and hope everything goes on fine for u
happy.gif

Hi Jus,

My PS is next Tuesday
happy.gif

Hi Amerline,

Thanks for all the advice! Actually ps can be quite fun hor? kekekee...yah, although it is very tiring too
sad.gif

meow

Novgroom,
yes i'm aware Nick is still using film thou the package is stated digital. I personally dun like digital. That's why i double confirm with him again before my ROM that time. He did mention that if couples still prefer to choose digital, then he can use digital ones.

i think i roughly know where the little forest is. The trees are more to needle like trees right?

Min,
My materials were bought from thai. I brought them along to show them when we meet up that time. Its paper roses lor, not the ribbons or silk flowers. Of course you can try spotlight or concourse for your flowers.

shook

Hihi Pausini
Yeek!! dat colleague of yours is terrible. She married or not?
I have another classical case. 2 colleague of mine can't attend wedding coz they plan to go to Tibet. However they cancelled the trip coz 1 of them doesn't want his son 2 b quarantined when he returns. I din know abt it. I happen 2 bump in2 1 of them in the pantry. I asked him when he is leaving 2 Tibet. He divert to another topic. I refused to reply n insist he replies my ? He said next wk (which is tis wk). Immediately after dat my dept secretary told me dat both of them cancelled their trip (she din hear our conversation) I said no dat guy told me he leaving next wk. She said he din submit leave application form. So she went to ask him. He told her he cancelled his trip. I heard it loud n clear. Boy, call tis a man!! I dunno wat better creature name to describe him. Of coz no ang pow fm him lar.

Hihi Sue
Thx.

Hihi Jan, May, Jazz, Natash
Wish u gals a happy mei mei bride on your wedding in case I dun get to log in later.

kare2711

May
I agree that SQ's promotion is good! CX does not allow us to come back from another city. Yesterday we went to collect our tickets and guess what, CX actually changed our flights without notifying us!!! First, we had to leave Singapore early and we would be in HK for stopover for 6 hours instead of the 1 hour!!!

Second, on the return leg, they put us on a flight from London!!! Since when are we going to London?? Thank goodness Deborah of Chan Brother was very kind and kept on calling up CX to make sure we get our flights.

I so wanted to cancel but they didn't allow for that. In the end, we can only change the flights on the return leg. We will end up going from Paris - London - HK - Singapore. Good thing is .. I may be able to hop into London city for a couple of hours and see & shop London!!!

You may want to try this website for train timetable - http://bahn.hafas.de/bin/query.exe/en

For fares, hmm .. I can't help you there because I only know the website for Italian trains and that site's not very friendly.

If you use google, you may be able to come up with something if you search their Groups. I find that newsgroups are generally better for locating information, since the information comes from posters.

Jazz
I don't think I want to explore anymore since we are short of time and I don't want to do too many cities
happy.gif

wendyl

Hi jbride & naturally,

Yup,my ps is next week,but guess have to cancel liao.My eyes still swollen leh.Very disappointed leh.No mood to work.

Wendy

peabrain72

Hi gals, wedding finally over!
bounce.gif

Congras to fellow 3/5 brides, oso32, pausini, woodstock, coca and cat. Were you gals affected by the downpour?

Also not forgetting, meekoo, how's your wedding?

Jan, Michele, Shook and May, your turn next, congras in advance!
wink.gif

M

mrs

Wendyl,

Don't be disappointed...think of it this way, you are postphoning because you want your eye to recover and look good in the pics. So for this extra period of time you can spend more time grooming yourself to look more beautiful?

naturally

Wendy,
Go and see a doctor, he can prescribe something to make the swell go down! How long has your eyes been swollen? Mosquito bite usually won't swell for so long... your PS is next wed right? Still got 5 days to go, plenty of time to reduce the swell, ask your doctor okie?