(2003) Brides of year 2003

cin

Hi Beibei,

think your invites would have one page in chinese and one page in english right? think your parents will fill in the person's name accordingly lor...

at least, that is what my parents will be doing heh
happy.gif

shirlynn

Besse,

Best wishes and all the luck you need for you..

Just remember, this is you and your hubby's lovenest.. Make sure it is practical, don't do one which you will have a hard time cleaning.

Me like Leo29, house is "Zha Ba Lang theme", I insisted on Parquet flooring for my bedrooms. I did my master bedroom in maple veneer after seeing one of the house which my friend a interior design show me which I like it very much. After that, I insist on having that. Other than my master bedroom, the study room and the guest room, I let my hubby has his choice. Kitchen wise, I still want white, but I took those with the shining surface which people tell me that it will be easier to wipe clean rather than those who those laminates with small holes like, will have a hard time cleaning especially for me .. lazy to clean all the time.

For rest of the furnitures, I let my hubby make the choice as I know he is more practical than me.

My hubby actually treasure his ring a lot, maybe more than me. He used to wear on his index finger, but find that it get scratches easily, he now wear on his neck.Initially also not use to it as he don't wear chain peviously, but now ok.

beibei

Cin,
yup the inserts is no problem but I am refering to the envelopes..cos we often receive invites from relatives they will write'Fouth uncle and family'etc.I need to know if it is addressed from myself as a niece or my dad as elder brother to my younger aunt.Wow!Dun know u understand what I am refering to?
happy.gif

taddess

Hi Cin,

Think you better email fabian at [email protected] cause he may have revised his charges. At $788, he provides 9hrs of videography services, Up to 2 hrs of unedited raw footage:
i) 2 x copies in VCD format
ii) 1 x copy in DVD-R format

Basic package lor...

Don't need to remember my wedding date...hahaha just remember yours will do... My wedding is on 10 of June

shook

Hihi Meekoo

I kiv 2 wg, will decide next sat.

I wz served by Irene, not Sammi but I asked Sammi to give comment on the gowns I like. Irene has gd taste but Sammi can c the whole picutre. She told me muz imagine how u look like wif make-up n the veil

I haven't post my photos yet. My hubby v busy wif work. He worked last sun, gotta work tis fri n sun. Sat gotta go to our love nest. Our carpenter din do a single thing which the boss said can finished last week.
20214.gif
Will post my photos when done. But I think dat will b Jun or Jul after I return fm honeymoon.

Gotta exercise in order to slim dwn. I do sit up 50 times at 9 50 times in the morning. Go gym once a week. Tried to go more often but either work late or need to do housework. But I still din loose wt leh. Only managed to tone my tummy a bit. Can wear the 2 pc gown now. Vin v gd. She said she slims dwn if she doesn't eat for 2 days. She got v gd figure, flat flat tummy v envy.

Hi everyone,

I received info by email that Deepavali 2003 originally scheduled on 23 Oct (Thurs) has now been changed to 24 Oct (Fri).

You may obtain the list of public holidays for 2003 & 2004 from the following:
- The Ministry of Manpower’s Internet Website at http://www.mom.gov.sg
- The Ministry of Manpower’s self-help Automated Interactive Voice Response System at 6438 5122

I hope this change of dates doesn't mess up any bride's wedding ! Anyone here affected?

crayonshinchan

hi Gals,
me oso Nov bride.. still half bucket... dono wat to be done... so tot of getting tips from u gals wat need to be done at this pt in time... abt 7 months to Nov....

cin

Hi Bei Bei,

Ahh...yup, i know what you mean...that one, i also don't know leh... leave it to parents
happy.gif

Hi Taddess,
thanks for info
happy.gif
we have in fact actually already signed up with Treasure Productions. Apparently Derek, the boss of TP, was Fabian's mentor...

K

kk

HI 1027,

Thanks for the info! I am really glad to hear that! ANd my hubby is happy coz he needn't take leave on 24 Oct to prepare for our wedding on 26 Oct
happy.gif
And everybody tends to be in holiday mood too
happy.gif

naturally

Hi Oreo,
U must be very excited, right?
happy.gif
Got everything ready? Must come back to our dec thread and tell us all abt it, okie? Hope u have lots of fun and lots of beautiful pictures too!
happy.gif

Enya,
Think sars is gonna stay for quite a while... dun mind me saying this, but if u dun want to go gym, gotta find other means, like jogging?? Must keep up the momentum, okie? Jia you!
happy.gif

kare2711

Shook and Vin
Sorry I didn't check my mail, and as a result, miss our appt!! I really thought I would enjoy it! So sorry
sad.gif
Glad both of you had a great time.

that's good news! luckily for you that you didn't book the banquet on 23rd oct thinking its public holiday, else damn jialat to change date!

i'm happy too, coz it means another long weekend for us!! yay !!!

meekoo

hi shook

contractor is always like this. i also having a lot of problem with them.

me still very lazy to workout!. i only do dumb bell about 60 times every nite. maybe i shd cut down on my junk food.

hi vin
so when your big day? any photos posted on web yet?

leo29

Hi crayonshinchan,

Welcome to our thread! Have you confirmed your banquet and bridal shop? For us, this period of time should be more to do with bridal stuff, eg designing,confirming and fitting of gown. This will go on for 2-3 mths. Can still relax at the time being. After this will be our photoshoot. I think after PS then we will be very busy with buying wedding things, confirming guess list.....etc

shirlynn

Hi All,

Anyone got any nice design of EG?? I am trying to get some pics of nice EG. Thinking of asking my hubby's auntie to help me to sew one to keep for remembrance.

vin

HI Meekoo,

Aiyoh, my big day over oledi, in January 2003...
happy.gif

When yours?

Kare,

Nvm lor... nxt time when everyone free, we can come out and kaypo kaypo

K

kk

Hi Cherubies,

All the best! I am still giving tuition this week coz more or less prepared for MOnday paper. But next week, same as u, might be going into "moutain hole", bi guan xiu lian for tues paper coz i haven't touched on that module yet
sad.gif

oreo

Hi Naturally,

I wonder what to get ready for photoshoot.. hahaha... sometimes i get things done last minute then panic :p Any advice on what to bring? Last time i planned to have ps at esplanade and changi airport. Since both indoors, i am not so bothered about sweating and things like tat. But now since having ps at outdoor place like sentosa, what should i take care of since under hot sun and white sands?

Yes, i will always stay tune to dec brides thread
happy.gif

Enya,

Glad to know u are having exercise routine. Me not doing anything yet, although ps next month and wedding is half a year away. Plain laziness. kekeee...

maya

Hi ladies, I'm makng preparations to push my wedding to Jul 17. Taking a risk here bec for all we know, the SARs situation may get worse then. But well, a choice had to be made and I will not think too much in regret. At least now, I can take a little breather over the hse. It's been like every weekend go up and do work non-stop. Me and FH dun even partor anymore bec of trying to rush the list of things to do. Maybe it's a psychosomatic reaction but I fell ill over the weekend. On MC now. So yesterday was like the 1st Sun I stayed at home, to rest, and do some office stuff (yes, I still brought some things home to do).... even mom said, how come I at home??

I hope you ladies will have a wonderful time preparing for your wedding. SARs or no SARs, life has to go on and I hope for all of us to have a blissful marriage..... I will still hang ard this thread, to get reminders of the things I haven't done!........cheers...And do come in after your big day is over to update me on what happened on the actual day!!

naturally

Hi oreo,
Hmm... maybe things like blotters and powder touchups? And ice water to cool down? How abt a mini fan? Oh, i presume u have gotten your shoes already?
happy.gif
Adjustments to the gown? And do u think it's necessary to bring makeup remover??? Cos at the end of PS, u may not want to go home with all that makeup on your face... Wat else har?

shook

Hihi Kare
Not a problem. We can meet next time when most of us r availabe.

Hihi Meekoo
The thing is I gotta get my hse done by tis week. My guo da li is 1st May which means I gotta clean up my hse by next wk. V tensed up now bcoz of tis. Still gotta call for RSVP.
Hey u not fat wat. Remember seeing your rejected photos in White Link thread. U slim slim one.

Hihi Maya
At least u can relax now dat your decision is made. U need to pay for postponing your wedding dinner?

Hihi Jazz
Do u need to pay for cancellation of your wedding dinner?

maya

Hi Shook, no I don't need to pay for the hotel bec it's postponement which they were willing to agree to as long as that nite no function. I only have to pay a little bit to redo the invite inserts.

shook

Hihi Maya

Lucky u print on inserts if print on cards then gotta get more cards fm your hotel. Wonder if they charge for dat.

wen

Meow,
I agree with you. White gold is not as good as platinum. The band of my solitaire turns yellowish after two weeks of wearing. At first, I thought my eyes are playing tricks. Will sending it back to the jewellery shop for polishing help? Will they charge for polishing?

wen

Wedsoon,
Dont worry. MY PS is 30 Sep & wedding on 17 Nov. Also about 1.5 months from wedding. I m sure if your photographer says it is ok, he will rush your photos for u. btw who is your photographer?

leo29

Wen,

Goldheart charge me $20-25 for polishing and last time, Lee Hwa charge me $20 for platinium coating.

Shirlynn,

Can't help you! No idea on EG.

cat

Hi Shook-I know there is another one called 3 Thirsty Traveller which they can offer at $15 per btl. Not bad. Why don't you pay them a visit.

Hi Jazz-Understand wat u mean. Me too, if for me i would probably cancel it too. No point. But we have decided to take the risk! Crossing our fingers that after the dinner everybody will be "Pin Pin An An".

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

So much postings!!! *dizzy*
Well, Pray hard that the SARS thing will go away by Nov *crossing my fingers*

Meow,
U ok??? U both give in each other then everything will be alright... For me, When my hubby & i quarrel, i will bite him... then he give in lor... *lol*

Hi Okeanosmao,
This is my last posting for u:
"Know that u having your wedding venue same with me... Need to check with u do u have your own MC or u using theirs??? Do u have any montage for yourself???" Kindly advise...

Pris,
I try to recall hor then let u know. Which supermarkets u go?? Dun go to NTUC cos they dun have it if im not wrong.

kare2711

All
Part of the reason why I was being busy was because husband's company might be closing down, and he might get retrenched. So I suggested cancelling our honeymoon. Sigh. I don't even know when we can go on a honeymoon. Not possibly going to be end of the year since getting a new job will not entitle him to enough leave. I'm feeling so sian. On one hand, I want to support my husband, yet on the hand, I was looking forward to our wedding because of the honeymoon. Not no honeymoon, there's really nothing to look forward to already.

meow

Wen,
Leo29 has answer the question liao. Thanks Leo
happy.gif
But costing doesn't state if its white gold or platinium. Its jus another layer of gold that's all. After some times, it'll still turn slightly yellowish. So...do get platinium in future, pay more but without regrets.
happy.gif
That's what i always tell my customers in the past. I showed them my pendent which have very slight yellowish after wearing it for 3yrs.

Welcome Crayonshinchan,
you got a pretty long nick leh.
happy.gif
So how far have you go? Or what have you done so far?

Serene,
Think i'm pretty demanding lah. But no choice, i'm very stubborn. Didn't talk to him for a day but he still tell me where he go lor, but i didn't reply him loh. I dun bite him. I did but see his pain on his expression so i feel very bad hence i bite myself instead. Me do torture myself sometimes. I can even hit the stone table or against the wall but haven't try using a knife to cut myself yet.
happy.gif

cin

Hi,

Have you girls decided on who your emcees will be? Also, does the groom give the speech or both of us? I prefer to have my FH do all the talking while i stand beside him...scared i become overwhelmed with emotion and start crying if i give a speech...

inauspicious to cry or not, at the wedding? Me very emotional one...watch other people's wedding videos also will get teary eyed... my own wedding, think even worse, will be like a tap overflowing...how? mascara run, later look like raccoon...

shook

Hihi cat
Where can I find 3 Thirsty Traveller?

Hihi Kare
So sorry to hear dat.
May b u go to a nearby place for a short honeymoon or a cruise?

priviledged

Hi Cin, the picture of looking like a racoon is really hilarious!
lol.gif
. I agree that my hubby should do the speech. He has to learn to take the lead now. We'll probably decide together what he is to include in the speech.

We are having a couple of friends from church, one a New Zealander and his wife (Singaporean) to be our MCs at the dinner. He will speak English and she will translate to Mandarin. At first we toyed with the idea that he should speak Mandarin and she do the English, but though it sounded quite 'cute', we decided not to embarrass him.

oreo

Hi Naturally,

oooo..that many things yo. yah, i heard got to bring blotters and ice water. What kind of powder touchups? Hee..sorrie, me pretty ignorant on makeup stuff.

Yah, me gotten shoes already. Hmm, what kind of shoes are appropriate on the beach? Initially i intend to wear a 3" heels out. High but i feel comfortable in it coz it is my rom shoes and i somehow got used to it already. But i dun really like the feeling of wearing heels on the sands.

For gown, me wearing another gown for outdoor shoot, not my actual day gown. Adjustment will be done on the morning itself by the seamstress.

Yah, thinking what to do with the makeup when i go home after ps. That time i actually went back home with makeup and hairdo after rom. Feeling really weird on the taxi.

shook

Yesterday I checked wif my dept secretary then found out dat my dept director is a single parent. So in my invitation card I will only put her name. I had the intention to invite all dept's directors n their spouse. Now dat I can only invite my director w/o spouse, do u think I shld invite the spouse of other directors or dun invite their spouse?

shirlynn

Hi Meow

Don't be silly to do anything, its not worth it...You will be the one to suffer. If unhappy, just ask a friend to go out and chit chat. You will feel better...( You sounds like me actually, used to do that to release the stress).

Anything call me...Take care!

min

Hi, Meow,

Take good care. Quarrel bound to have. Me also used to quarrel a lot with FH. But quarrel too much also sian. After a nite's sleep, then ok.Not easy for 2 person to get together, so have to do lots of compromisation. I used to quarrel then say dun want to be with him but saying too much will spoil the relationship, so now I refrain myself from saying that although sometimes really very angry.

wedsoon

Good morning gals,
I agreed with Serene, hopefully by Nov the SARS will have a cure and our guests need not worry about attending our weddings.

wen,
My photographer is Andrew Choi and he had chosen this date knowing that my wedding is on 1 Nov 03. So I need not worry too much... Who is your photographer?

J

jan2003

Hi all,

Shook: i didn't invite the spouse of those middle management from my department. some have to stay home to look after kids if their spouse attend my wedding. plus, i don't know them lor so i didn't. when u leaving for honeymoon? i leaving on 15th.

kare2711: i agree with Shook. Should still go lor but how about a budget one? package tour quite reasonable these days especially with sars and change in june holiday's schedule. packages to nearby places like korea? if not nearer places like langkawi etc? if really cannot, i suggest sentosa. that was one of my plan. important is being alone to spend really quality time alone, here or overseas ok with me lor.

Vin: thanks for the offer to help. i got Sandy to do my rom make up. She is the only one within my budget and the rest of the girls gave good reviews so decided to just engage her. i was very glad all of you were able to help. all of us here happy since you can give us valuable inputs!

May/Jazz/Cat/Sue: thanks for all the comfort. it's ok, i got over it. like you guys said. if real friends will turn up. those from office, i have to admit, i invite them just as a gesture to share in my joy and some to be politically correct!!!! even if they decide not to turn up, i have no problems. like the way Shook handles that guy, very funny when i read it, had a good laugh too. She's right. who cares! hip hip hooray!

cherubies

Hi kk,
All the best to you too!
U will finish your exams earlier!
U r definitely more prepared, as for me, still doing my assignment. next week then study. =p

Don't worry, you will do well!
happy.gif

wen

Leo29 & Meow,
Thanks! Still have to pay. Will go back n check if they can do it for free. Afterall, they never informed me that white gold will tarnish. Just told me that the design I want cannot be set in platinum.

Must wedding bands be identical? Can I get a plain one for Hubby n a more elaborated for myself? My hubby wont wear so it will be a waste to get one for him. Will it be v weird?

naturally

Oreo,
Wat abt sport shoes for the beach?! Think it'll be very hard to walk on heels on the sands... won't the heels keep sinking into the sands? Unless your heels are broader base... hehe, reminds me of camels like dat! Just kidding eh!
lol.gif
And then just switch to heels if the photographer needs to take shots of your feet, eg. your groom carrying u. Or u can just take the pics wearing your sport shoes, if u like that sporty look!
happy.gif

Well, u may need to touchup if it gets too hot and u perspire and the makeup runs... Since most makeup artists dun follow u out of the studio, gotta get blotters and press powder to standby lor! But if the makeup stays, then no need for press powder.
happy.gif

Looks like u shd bring make-up remover too, remember to get those that can remove eye makeup, else u'll look weird walking around with a clean face but with mascara!
happy.gif