(2003) Brides of year 2003

wendyl

hi naturally,

Not really prepared but excited lor.i am all right, i will be gtg to Sentoso for PS.Hw about u leh??

Wendy

wen

Hi Pris,
You must be v excited now. Going to be a bride n soon a mother. Let us know if it is boy boy or girl girl. Take care.

jady

hi leafy,

nest in sembawang,diagonally opp sun plaza then walk in(not by main rd)
reno shd finish this wk, then i shall start assessing.

pooh

Hi gals,
my phtotgrapher pass me my selected photos for scanning yesterday. I got my fren to help me to scan (cos there are 123pcs). After that i will share some with u gals.

jus

Hi amerline,

Yeap, rick and don did recommend me a photographer (sorry, can't rem his name)
me and fh actually had a chat with him
he's a nice guy, a little inexp perhaps but definitely very flexible (our impression!) and willing to change to suit your needs
the price was very attractive as well

in the end we chose albert (our current photograhper) as we felt that we can relate to albert better
albert more ang-moh, and my chinese not very good
hee hee

hi rhs,
yeap
i particularly like that photo
but it's taken on one of the island in msia n need to travel there etc etc
too much hassle
so wun have that type of photo ; (

soyabean

hi....
back to work af rest yest and ps on mon...
i reali had a lot of fun...
happy.gif

my make-up artist did a good job on my make-up and hairstyles... i tink i spent mroe time doing my hair than tkg photos... haha...

then raining in the pm, so started outdoor late... oni went sentosa. outdoor lasted till 8plus.

wow.... 22 jun reali seems hot... me not hvg dinner so sars wont affect me much... maybe location of honeymoon guess...
sad.gif

Abrinas: can i see ur pics? can email to [email protected]? thanks.
happy.gif

may

Jan: oh, thought you went thru xzen. So have u selcted yr photos. Did you spend alot too? I collect some of proofs and we try to scan in soon so that i can share w you gals. But now very busy w the cards.

Kare: you too thinking of postponing? Nail Art not too bad. u can go check it out. Look for Chris - she is very nice.

Shook: oh i c abt july weddings. Good luck in yoru reselection. i cant go as i will be diy my chinese inserts for the wedding cards this sat. Hope the gals can go w you so that i can lent some weight and pressurise the bridal.

M

midmaybride

Hi

I am new to this May 2003 thread, but also a mid May bride.

I have done some checks with my photographer & bridal shop, so far they say wedding b is still ok though attendance may be lower.

I think i will also go ahead, the most is cut some tables, it also depends on how the SARs situation go. Like what PM says, life has to go on.

But i will make effort to call & check with my guest abt their attendance & also if they have recently travelled / having fever for social responsibility purposes.

let us all pray hard that things would be fine

sweets

Hi ,

Soyabean, Wah....what time did you start preparing for PS ? Lasted till 8 plus ? Must be very tired....Yah, my frens also tell me they spend more time changing hairstyles than shooting...very scary to me I thought...having to sit still so long....

Cannot wait to see your pictures... Pooh, you too
happy.gif

soyabean

hi sweets...
u shld know me fr fbo...
happy.gif

i started make-up at 11am and ps started at 12pm. oni went out for outdoor at 5plus cos RAINING...
sad.gif
we took quite a number of nite shots at sentosa... reali hope they turn out well.

so tired of smiling... do u knw dat by the time i took the last few outdoor shots, i practically forgot to smile... so sotong hor....

ava

Hi Gals!
happy.gif

SOrry I've been so busy!
happy.gif

Reading all the mgs
happy.gif
glad to see so many gals stilll active in here ;)

Pris CONGRATS!
happy.gif
must take gd care okie
happy.gif
I'm quite envious ;) such a young mummy!!!
happy.gif
That was my dream
happy.gif

I will try to meet up with you gals at the next mtg but I'll be really busy
happy.gif
buy don't hesistate to email me okie
happy.gif
if you need help or advise!
happy.gif

Take care!
happy.gif
God Bless!

abrinas

Hi Sweets

Soyabean started at 11am, me tt time started makeup at 9.30am n ps started at 10am. Ended ard 7plus. More scary right?

Hi soyabean

Send to you liao. Not v. pretty lah, so so only.

pausini

Hi girls,

Shook: So sorry, i cant make it this sat! If weekday i shld able to make it. Sorry i broke my promise to accoy u there. cos have promise my mum to bring her out to shop for my things and i dun think i will be back in time to accoy u. i will very much wanted to go with u. sorry sorry sorry!!!!... Will our absence have any effect on the attitude that WL treats u?

Jas77 display her album. I think hers is the same as yours. Dun worry, the hotel will have a table for ur album. U shld be proud of it to show to ur guests. I dun think we have a chance for a few hundreds pairs of eye to look at it. heaviness is not the reason for not showing pple.

Jan: I got one french wine call "Chateau de Reignac" very nice. it doesnt give a sour taste. But i dun know whether u can get it in Carrfor.got to check with Vin again whether the amt she got is Aus wine. Does ur FH have any preference? Actual i am not expert, like u I like french wine. Egalehawk (aus) wine is only offering at $15.90. either at NTUC or cold storage cos i remember seeing it.

Kare: U also thinking of postponed too?? Sometime i hate news from HK. they have too many findling abt SARS and it really scare pple. Now they claim that SARS infecter may not have sign of cough & fever. "Silent Killer".

May: got some bad comments on Nail Art. Still thinking shld i go.

soyabean

abrinas...
saw ur pics.... very nice
happy.gif
both the indoor and outdoor are nice...

the orange color "sunset" pic was taken using a filter or something right?
happy.gif

though i went sentosa in evening time, cos it was drizzling, so sunset..
sad.gif
my photographer oso took one pic using a filter.

af seeing ur pics, i cant wait to see mine!
biggrin.gif

min

Hi, Pris,

very excited about your baby. But must take care and rest well. Saw that your message posting was at 2.35am. Me envious too that you can be a mummy at such a young age.
BTW, have not meet up with Susan yet. Too busy. Mayb arrange for this coming Saturday afternoon again. U will be there? ard the same time? Hope this round My FH and I could make it to meet up with her as we need to finanlise the package details before she goes.

sammi

Hi 1027

i can't find anything ideal in the website for wedding...but saw some potential for daily use..hee hee...some more cheap leh. Wah, Leaping Lizard so terok ah...guess i still have to continue my search...sigh...

Hi Amerline & Jus

Ya loh i not going Bangkok already lah..dun want to be checked and treated like leper...we are the SARS colony pp!

Hi Rhs,

That's quite a lot to pay for actual day...beyond my budget. Will ask Shirley for other recommendations.

Hi Stressed,

So nice your fitting end of this month...Shirley hasn't call me yet..not even for the material for my EG that she's sourcing. My 1st fitting should be early May...hope i lose some weight by then..scarly put on die manz! Btw, has your FH get going with his suit already?

abrinas

Hi soyabean

Thanks for the compliments.
happy.gif

Ya, the orange one is with orange filter. 2 weeks v. fast, u will be able to see them soon.

Hi lin

U hvn't tell me how u lost weight.

stressed

FH done-ed his suit alreadi. He went to Dick something. We didn't like the workmanship. Gave us the suit with slight iron marks. Rejected the entire thing. Luckily I was there and my eyes were sharp. Neber mind lah. The spotlight is on me! Hee Hee
biggrin.gif

shook

Hihi May, Pausini
It's fine. Not to worry. Can understand dat all of us r v busy @ tis moment. Our weddings r abt 1 mth away (less than 1 mth for Pausini) If the staff ask me y my friends din come I will say bcoz u said not to bring them in the 1st place, so now they not happy to come liao
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Pausini, u not going on 19th apr as well?

Last 9, my parents brought up their worries abt SARs as well. They r holding on to the cards. Said they will send out later depending on the situation. Wonder if they wanna cancel the banquet or postpone it.

A

amerline

hi jady,

you are so cool, only done #6 up till now? my wedding same day as urs i am already so kan cheong
lame.gif
guess i want to make sure that everything goes on smoothly. my FH is also another kan cheong spider.

hi jus,

the more i see my WG, the more faults i find.... how how how??? stressed....

lin

Hi Abrinas,

I didn't receive your photos. Do U mind to resend again.

Million of Thanks.

I have send a mail to U now.

jus

hi amerline,

oh dear... i can understand your anxiety
we all want to look at our best!!! ; )

your WG is mtm, rite?
Is the WG done according to your specification?
if not, then at least you would have a case to argue
can always get them to do the beadings etc etc
if worse come to worst, see if you can get anything nice OTR
then you can substitute it...

alternatively, you can exchange to mtm WG with photos (like your EG) and get one OTR at Ted's
but this would surely be exp!!!

Try the first method and see what they say first.

dun stressed ok
it's your wedding agterall and you must enjoy the process!!!

hi stressed,

the tailor that you are referring to... is it Dickson at Suntec?
oh dear, my FH just made one set there

sunshine

Hi All,

I hope to have mine as late as possible.. October?? But if I'm taking a overseas shooting package, then it's not within my control. In fact, the schedule given to me seems to get earlier and earlier... judging from the latest schedule given to me, it'll be in august.

If I'm not going on the overseas shooting, I'll head to Sentosa too!! Coz that's where my wedding will be held. My greatest disappointmnet will be that I'll not get to wear the KWA for photoshooting if i'm going for the overseas shooting. From what I've noticed til date, not everybody will look 'fantastic in gowns but everyone simply look prefect in the KWA... personal opinion.

may

Shook: i dont think so lah. Maybe your parents feel that it more appropriate to wait till the SARS situation subside alittle. Initially, when the news came out, everything and everywhere was so quiet. Now i think people are emerging out little by little. So perhaps, it is better to hold on to the invites till the end of the month.

Midmaybride: i have the same tots as you and will proceed. will pray for all brides getting married soon that things will be fine.

piper

Hi Hi....

How come all the Dec brides going to Sentosa for PS....me too! hehehehe...

If sentosa too common, then can go ubin also...

shook

Hihi May

I can't afford to hold the invites till n of Apr. I need RSVP by 27th, then arrange sitting. Gotta confirm wif Carlton 1 week b4 actual day.

vin

HI Jan2003,

Check with my make-up artist, she's free that day. Her charges is S$150/-.

She claims that if you would like to engage her, is better fr you to go down and communicate with her, let her know what you like, how's your gowns look like and she can gv you some idea aft see you.

E-mail me if you want her contact.

vin

Hi Shook, May, Jan and gals,

If am not mistaken, the red wine that I served during my dinner is Shiraz Cabernet Merlot, will try to find the receipt and double confirm with you all again.

Got it cheaper @ S$12.00/- instead of S$19.90/- bcoz of the promotion that my hubby saw in their advertisement. It taste good.

sammi

Think it should be Dick's Beaumonde at Shaw Centre...it comes together with the Flamingo package. Die ah so bad izit? My gf was telling me their workmanship should be ok as they are the tailor for SQ crew.

Other than this how is their service? If really bad, might think of opting out the man's suit with Shirley and get it done at Oxford instead. Oxford can be trusted as all my bro-in-law and brother done their suit there...good workmanship but price quite high.

kare2711

Maya
Actually I think opp. of you regarding SARS. I think the peak was either over or we're at it now. From now, there's no way to go but downhill.

May
I'm still deciding to postpone or not. High chance no, though I would love to, since I always didn't want such an early date :p

Shook
If you want, and if it's in the morning, I can accompany you.

vin

HI Shook,

Me free this saturday... let me know yr appt then.. actually me wanted to go back M'sia this week, but my parents say that don't go anywhere at the moment...not save!

naturally

How abt the botanic gardens? It is also a very beautiful place for phototaking! But i'll prob also head for sentosa...
happy.gif

Sunshine, why can't u bring along a kwa??? Dun wear it on the streets lah, if u like the kwa so much, then u must get the photographer to make special arrangements for u! Or get him/her to take a few indoor studio shots? Aiyo, cannot let yourself have regrets or disappointments, okie?