(2003) Brides of year 2003

fishball

hi Amerline,
u r not the only one regret signing bridal package. If yr deposit not too much, some bridal shops may be willing to trade the amt with their packages. If it's too much to swallow (like me), then you'll hv 2 make do with it, find yr own designs n be cautious abt the process. Getting support from ppl from yr own bridal helps too. Hope I can console u a bit...
happy.gif

Hi sisters of Oct Brides,
can I check with you... when do you pay the balance of your bridal package, isit during PS or when u collect yr photos? Cos I already paid 80% at this stage already n I think it's not very fair if I hv 2 pay the remaining 20% during PS, and dunno whether the photos will turn out nice.

So wat do you think? Shall I say I'll pay when I collect photos? Wat's the norm for yr bridals?

Desperately need yr advise, pls......

tingting

hi chicory,

the packages are at $3988. Robin, The Edge and Photospace are within the bracket. I was originally quite fixed on Photospace, but now I find his photos a bit too simplistic. Also, bridal shops advised that Robin & the Edge are more fun-loving and more animated, so may be easier to help us take nicer shots..we need noisy pple to bring the fun out of us.. :p

That's also why I'm taken to Dang. She's outspoken and I quite like her frankness. Hope that she'll not be too critical of me though! Cindy, on the other hand, is more soft. I've been attended by both of them on 2 separate occasions, and felt comfortable with both of them. But like Dang more cos she doesn't make me feel like a giant when i stand next to her! haha! Cindy quite petite...
happy.gif

kare2711

May.. you mean you can do that? I thought I have to sit with my in laws. Like Pausini, I assumed that. In all the weddings I went to, it's this case. Even my parents think so too. Because my FH has many siblings, they would easily occupy one table, not to mention excess space for my family.

I'm equally stressed out, now that I heard that the school closure may extend to one more week. I really don't know what else to do but cancel my honeymoon if that's the case. I can't take paid leave and the only leave I can take is unpaid. Which I'm rather reluctant. It's a lot of money and the money will come in useful.

Pausini, wow.. you're doing all the montages? Wonderful you are! I intend to do it myself, but too tied up with giving tuition to sit down and think about it.

Classics are nice. But if you have long fingers coupled with long nails, then French manicure is very classy too. There are two kinds. One is the one whereby the white is on at the tip of the nails. There's another kind where the tip is at the bottom. Or you can do nail art. Something subtle. That'll be rather pretty too. Do share if you go to NailArt.

EVERYONE, shall we meet up? Before things get really tied up? I know as the days get nearer, we won't have much time to meet up anymore. And I really think we should. It's quite difficult for us to talk here. So confusing. At least for me. Heh.

On my side, I've just got calls to select my photos from the photoshoot. Supposed to be today but FH has to work OT so can't do. So we'll be collecting them tomorrow. Anxious and at the same time, afraid it would turn out all horrible! My hotel has just called me to collect my cards and to choose to date to go for food tasting.

I intend to print my inserts with both Chinese and English,. Save the trouble. Is anyone doing this?

Comparatively, I'm slower than most everyone here. All of you have already done until '7788'. And the only thing I've planned so well for (my honeymoon) is now thwarted by SARS.

priscilla

HI Meow,
I think I can't make it to the next gathering to make the wrist coursage cos me know in early stage of preg and feeling very sick and don't feel like going out at all and some more the date you all planning is the week where my baby is forming its tiny feet and hands so I will even feel more sick.

Hi MInt,
Not really expensive lar to go Mount E hospital, cos the gyne that I am going to see is from there and some more got package one lor.

fishball: huh? why so much? i dunno abt the norm, but i placed 30% deposit fee, and at the 1st fitting, paid $1k. Rest pay only on eve of my wedding.

Putting myself in your shoes, i'd withhold payment for as long as i can,esp when i dun have 100% confidence in them.

In the case of Graceful Image (my sister used them for her wedding 2 months ago), they also ask for payment on the eve of her wedding.

(But additional photos you want to buy from the PS is paid immediately when you select photos.)

meow

Venue: Arab St & Spotlight (if time allowed)
Date: 12th or 19th of Apr(both saturdays)
Time:1230pm. (Take lunch first then shop)

12th - Amore, Shirlynn, Wen, Meow
19th - Wen, Meow
Not Attending - Yve, Feb, Are

Tealeaf1,
Its either 12th or 19th. Depends which attendance looks healthier.

Wen,
We will meet for lunch first, those work half day can join us to eat then go shopping mah.
happy.gif

Wedsoon,
I receive your mail liao. Once i compile, i'll sent to everyone ok?
happy.gif
You wanna join us?

jus

hi 1027,

I bought the corset with the cups oledi
tried on with the gown, but can see the imprints, though not very visible ; (
does yours have this problem?

hi amerline,

which is the other boutique that you have seen?
have you pay a lot for everbliss' deposit?
fishball is right that the bridal boutiques would normally offset the deposit for you
so dun worry too much about the extra costs

hi fishball,
sorrie... can't help you in this matter
i did mine ala-carte
actually, i would think that you should not pay all at this moment
otherwise you would not have the 'bargaining' power when it comes to your photos
hope this helps

meow

19th - Wen, Meow
Not Attending - Yve, Feb, Are, Pris

Pris, you take care then. Some of my friends never get morning sickness throughout their first stages. Think it depends on their body system lah.

jus: har? what imprints? you mean the pattern of the corset can be seen even when you're wearing the dress ah?
no leh, i dun have this problem. Prob coz the material of my gowns quite thick ...

chicory

hi tingting,

yah, i also prefer more animated and fun-loving photographer. That's why originally was quite keen on Marcus from Picture Box. My fren took him and feedback that he is very humourous and easy-going during the shoot so the session was quite a fun one, most importantly, the photos turned out great. But then he is very expensive leh, $4488 with Dang's package, plus must top up $900 to get back negatives.

jus

hi 1027,

yeap, even after i wear my gown, can see imprints
so sad
but my FH said not obvious
and the thing is that they are already using 3 layers of the cloth...
; (
glad to know that yours do not have this problem ; )

naturally

Chicory,
drastic meh? We asked Hyatt to drop the min from 45 to 35, and give us the quote for the additional top up, then from there we further negotiate... no harm trying lor, u're only asking them to drop 5 tables and somemore u're willing to pay a premium, unless MM management is so rigid or popular until they dun want this deal? Then too bad lor, i'm sure u can find other hotels that can cater to your requirements...
happy.gif

Tingting,
the most fun album i've seen so far are from Lynn... her couples are always laughing from beginning to the end of the album, heehee, maybe Lynn go and tickle them, ha! So u can also consider her if u want to have a fun PS...

Christmas,
of cos honeymoon is not a must!
happy.gif
In fact it sounds like a wonderful idea to just bum ard at home doing nothing! Saves $$ too... but then i like to travel leh, and he's so busy at work, dunno if next time he got time to go travelling with me? So better take this chance to go tour right after wedding!
happy.gif

And hi there, Cream!
happy.gif

shirsweetiepie

Hi vivace

Yup, I understand ur worries.

No choice loh..... better start to keep a lookout for ur bridesmaids or jie meis loh...

My PS will be end June
happy.gif

Which studio or bridal did u sign up?

sweets

Pucca!!!!
Saw your pix liao
happy.gif
thanks for sharing...I love the sunset pix too !! How did you get the sun to be so red????? very chio leh...

I also think your hair let down very sultry...esp. the 2nd last pix in the indoor PS shots....
happy.gif

ally

hi vivace... really hope the nightmare will be over by sep so your relatives and friends from HK and china can attend. as for your jie meis, guess u might have to look among your s'pore relatives/friends then...

hi shirsweetiepie... i signed up with bridal zone. what about u? which outdoor locations are u considering? so far, i can only think of 1 and that's the place where my FH proposed to me
happy.gif

i was also worried that mine would show initially
i think alot has got to do with the material.

tried to look for a seamless / patern-less one, but triumph and wacoal both don't have it.

okeanosmao

meow,

i can't make it on both days as i got to work on sat..me also sourcing for wrist corsages leh..but too bad..maybe let me know abt the corsages's price etc after yr outing,can?

pris,

no matter wat, dun drink cold waters okie?? hmm..listen to wat elders say..

hi wedsoon & tealeaf1,

welcome on board!!

S

serene sng

Hi guys,

Pris
Congrats! i studies biology before... all abt babies & meal planning...
But most of all, is eat, sleep, rest well!
Teach me how leh.. been trying for years but not even a egg... sian...so we decide to move on to the customary first. If u have any queries, u can ask me..
Meow
U congrats the wrong person lah... although i also want to be like pris..
I cant attend cos im working on sats.
As for the MC Daniel, where can i find his contact from the forum??? Also did he have any charges?? Same as okeanosmao, i would like to know the pricings...Thanx!

Clyne,
Went for my first appt on last sun, try a few gowns but didnt try the colour...Not bad but as i very fleshy so look very fat in white...
I will be meeting helen on 10/5(sat). The lady say can try the pattern first then try the colours when meeting helen.

Gals,
Anyone did their own photo montage???? Pls advise!!!

cream

Hi chicory,

Ya, I have seen the list of Dec bride. Is Dang good? Me at first kind of regret GHA, then later join the GHA thread. Thus, learn that it's not that bad to sign package with them. Heard that they are not that bad.

Hi naturally,

Nice to know you!

priscilla

HI Serene,
No lar me also at first trying to have one but don't have but when you don't want it, always god will give you one.
Maybe you can try having sex in the morning of afternoon cos that is the busy period.

Hi Okeanosmao,
Thanks for your concern, but just like to know why cannot drink cold drinks cos me have been drinking cold milk everyday and ice water cos weather very warm lar. So is it serious that really cannot drink cold drinks at all?

min

Hi, Pris

Thanks for informing me. Oh Dear! Must call her to finalise my package cos some of the things she promised but didn't write in invoice. was thinking only to urge her to write down during my first appt in May. Have you been reassign another coordinator? Will you be bringing forward your photoshoot?
Pris, have to take good care of yourself especially nowadys lots of virus.

Meow,
Anyone's hubby following you all to Arab St for purchasing the materials?

priscilla

Hi Min,
I am not reassign to any new coodinator yet but believe they will lor.
Yah me now staying at home most of the time, so boring man........
Yap tomorrow Susan is going to call me to confirm my photoshooting date and fitting date.

oso32

Hi pausini,

sorry ... think my email address din appear too clearly. there's an underscore between oso and 3232 ... ie. oso_3232 (@yahoo.com).

hope u dun mind trying again. thanks alot!

min

Hi, Elaine,

Saw your photographs. Very well taken. Can I know which bridal shop did you sign up with and who is the photographer?

Jady,
Read this thread and looks like your contractor quite good. Care to let me have the details as I sourcing ard for contractors.

Thanks,

min

Pris,

got a bit worried. Dun know if the new coordinator will be bothered anot cos we did not sign up with her and with Susan. I will check with her whether Adrain will still be there as we sign up because we like the photographs. Getting Worri......
Dun know whether rest of staff will be that flexible anot.

Your fitting date will most probably be this month, dun have a chance to meet you. You can share with me lor once you have your photoshoot. You have to also bargain with Susan to conclude on most items in your package in case new coordinator dun give you leh.

Have you confirmed your date in June'03?

sue

Hi May: same thought too! It would be great to arrange my parents & his parents to sit in the same table.

Hi Kare: I'm printing both Chinese & English into one inserts. Initially, wanted to leave the Chinese out for my ivory cards. But, decided to make things easier so just printed all the same. Will tie the inserts with gold strings.

Hi Pausini: I read abt the comments on Nailart. Might try it tomorrow. Thanks.

B

bom bom

Hello Besse, Meow, Min & Wen

Tks a lot for your kind assurance that November is a good month to be a bride..sorry ladies, being so late to be here as stupid me can't locate the postings till Chin Leng came to rescue (Meow, was there another bride with the same nic name? I only found out about this wonderful website till my friend told me few weeks ago, I found this site is so informative and really enjoy it, you all are simply amazing sharing thots and ideas . This is simply great!)

Tks ladies really. In fact I am a Christian and technically speaking, shouldn't be bothered at all by the "dates" as to whether auspicious or not. But given this is supposedly a life time matter, just to double check. Don't think I would approach any SHi FU, would just stick to the date we picked any-o-how as I still haven't done anything, haven't booked my bridal shops, photos ...I am still torn between Dang, Divine Cocture or Jawn as now is 2 April already...alamak...I am so tired after visiting 5 shops and I refused to go anymore but can't make up my mind...any one can help pls? Tks v v much
happy.gif

M

mrs

Hi everyone!

I'm back. Sorry for the long absence. I just went for an oral surgery on Monday to remove 2 of my wisdom teeth that were giving me hell. I', now suffering at home and will be back to work on next MondaY.

One piece of good news though. I have already settled my actual day photographer. FH finally got won over to engage Sok Eng from berryhappy. Yippee!!!!

I'm also expecting a call from Dang next week to go down for my first fitting. Most likely, it'll be on 15 April. So excited! I've also purchased my wedding shoes. It's from Tangs' studio and cost me $60 only! It's a real bargain!

Finally, a big hi to our new member, Cream!

cat

Hi Pau-Thanks for the montage, received them. Btw, there is another CAT in this thread! My nick is Cat(mao).

Hi May- Don't worry you are not the only one!Me too! I got my wedding cards printed liao, but have not write and send out to friends yet. GDL things also haven't buy, mine is on 17 April!

tingting

hi mrs quake,

welcome back to action..
happy.gif
Glad that you are also engaging sok eng..me too! Find her very friendly and easy to work with.

wow... u bought ur shoes already? Was it a sale item or was it normal price?

A

amerline

hi 1027

They didn't offend me lah, just that their service standard very lousy loh, you can view the Evrbliss thread for full details, all complaints. Than their OTR gowns oso not much choice.

I paid abt 40% liaoz and going 1st fitting this sun. *stress*

I have just got a MTM a teadress and EG elsewhere today, so now costs even higher. Hope that my bridal studio let me convert the existing EG and teadress into more pics if they dun do refunds.

Okie, I shall try the handiplast method, hehe, thanks!

min

Bom Bom,

Any date as long as you anf FH is comfortable and happy. Its your day. I tot I was quite late and got so anxious that I hurried FH to get all done in a week in Mid March, booking wedding banquet and bridal package. I was also too tired to search around and just check with two or three and I decide. The bridal shops let me try the gowns and talk to us about the package, each takes about 2 hrs and after visiting 2 shops, we are dead beat tired. Same for wedding banquet, each will spent about an hr bringing you ard the place and telling you about their banquet.
I was told by most bridal shops that they take about 2 to 3 months to MTM your gown and subsequently needs 2 months to develop PS pictures, so you still in time. But got to hurry.

okeanosmao

pris,

i heard frm my colleague tat her doc had advised her not to drink cold drink but think milk shldn't b a problem rite?? milk supposed to help bones mah but will be better to drink it warm...
oh fresh milk not warm one hor?
mayb she is referring to gassy drinks etc..
u can ask yr gynae more..and yr gynae will giv u folic acid to take..that u must take, its gd.

but still, ask yr gynae its the best.

19542.gif

meow

19th - Wen, Meow
Not Attending - Yve, Feb, Are, Pris, Okean, Serene

Okean,
We are making it ourselves rather than purchasing them form those selling it. How to let you know the prices leh?
uhoh.gif

Serene,
You can get his contact or email in the topic under free emcee. I'm not sure whether your date has been taken or not. You wanna make your own photo montage? Me thinking asking friend, but she very busy, so now i need to ask someone else to do it for me instead.

Min,
Dun think they'll bring their hubby along lor. I won't.
happy.gif

Bombom,
there was a bride nick as bombom. She was in the november brides list too. You wanna sent yours to me too?

priscilla

Hi Min,
Susan say if I can't MTM any gown or take it from OTR she will give me extra photos lor but me thinking to add another 2 piece enough cos me got 28 pieces and I need 30 pieces to have the magazine style album and then ask for the outdoor shooting transport to be wavied off....kekeke

Thanks Okeanosmao,
for your advice but hoh, I don't really like having fresh milk boiled cos it will taste yucky.
what is folic acid?
IS it a drink or a pill?
heee, you seems to know alot, got any more things to share share?

cin

Hi June brides! I am new to this forum, hope you guys can 'guide' me around. My wedding is in June too, and I am completely swamped with preparations. Haven't printed wedding cards yet, still sourcing for actual day photographer & videographer, and haven't decided on which songs to use for first and second march-in. Any ideas or tips? heeeelpp!

shook

Hihi May
I sent u my insert liao
White or off-white WG goes wif any color I supposed. U can ask Nailart for suggestion when u r there.
I m not slim but petite. The designer said dat 2 pc gown suits me well but my tummy big big leh. So gotta tone up my tummy. I only have 16 more days to go. Still big now, v sad.
My hubby has a big family. We will have 2 VIP tables. I feel sad dat I can't sit wif my parents. My mum asked me to walk over every now n then. Not so nice rite.
For your vegetarian friend, u arrange her to sit wif others but make it 11 people in dat table then u won't waste 1 sit n pay for an extra head.

Hihi Kare
I printed inserts myself
Quite busy wif work now. Can try to squeeze some time after 14th Apr if we wanna meet up.
I sent u the montage Pausini did for me.

jus

hi Amerline,

Just to check, are you making your EG and teadress at one of the shops in Parco Bugis? were you there on Monday evening?

Coz I was in my bridal boutique when a lady came and one of the designer was introducing her the gowns. Was wondering if you are the bride-to-be?

clyne

Pris,
Congrats!

Serene,
How come your 1st appt is not meeting Helen meh? I've done my design selection with Helen on my 1st appt. When's your PS? Mine's in June..

Meow,
me can't make it..Enjoy yourselves..

meow

19th - Wen, Meow
Not Attending - Yve, Feb, Are, Pris, Okean, Serene, Clyne

naturally

Hi Mrs Quake!
Painful or not? That reminds me, have been procrastinating my dental trip... my wisdom tooth also giving me problems... but i'm trying to keep them for as long as i can, hee!

And u must be "berryhappy" to settle your actual day photography!
biggrin.gif

Cream,
I attended a fren's wedding last Nov, and i thot her album from GHA was pretty well done, style very similar to O Studio!
happy.gif
Just make sure u voice out all your concerns, communicate well, and GHA should do a good job for u!
happy.gif

kare2711

Hi Shook
Yah I got it! Thanks! Nice, nice, but I can't hear the music
sad.gif
. Oh you printed your own inserts? Goondu question here: are inserts provided? Or do we have to buy the inserts ourselves? I was thinking if inserts are provided, then we can really print our own inserts. Save money, right?

All
Shall we? Shall we meet? It's easier to sit down one of the days and really share ideas.

A

amerline

hi jus,

yes, the shop is in bugis, but I was there on tue and wed evening : )

which boutique u in??

jus

Hi Amerline,

Oops... I mean I was there at Bugis on Tues evening
I was at Ted's Collection!!!
were you there as well?

I was having my second fitting
Don was the one who spoke to you right?
I think I was the one who told you that the service there not bad and that you can try to exchange for photos for your package

fancy meeting you there (if it's the case)!!!

pucca

hi Cin,
welcome to the forum. Dun worry too much .. coz myself have not done much either... almost 4got abt the songs need to be use for march in .. hee.. ;)

pooh n sweets,
my sunset pix were taken @ labrador park .. as for how the sun to be so red, it's becoz the photographer actually uses a red filter while taking pix .. however, hubby find tt its too artificial tts y we did not choose those into our ablum.

taddess,
i dunno how many more pages i hv .. but i've added another 20+ pix + upgrade to 18R + artwork for the album .. hee .. topped up abt 2K

cream

Hi naturally,

Thank you for the feedback. At first, I was quite scared when i saw the GHA thread in FBO. All are negative remarks on the photography. Now more relax coz i think communication with the co-ordinator and designer are very important. We can't expect them to know wat we want.

Hi Mrs Quake,

Nice to know you!