(2003) Brides of year 2003

joyful

Hi gals,

Wow, this thread's really happening.....haven't visited a few days and so much news.....

Beibei & Shanice,

I think I should be able to make it for the outing too....like Shanice, I'm also not working at the moment, so got more time....but Shanice, really admire you for being so on about working out....

Anyway, see ya all...
happy.gif

vin

Hi Shook,

Most bridal dun wan to alter the gowns ... but they can do it fr u if they willing to do so as it won't spoilt the gowns.

You can do your selection if they got new gowns to come in, dun need to wait till your final fitting. Who know by the time you go down, the gown oledi reserve by others???

Hi May,

I think we look bigger in photos rather than real person.

totoro

very fast moving tis few days..

anywayy, i am going to have my PS on 19 March leh!! so sad! u gals go ahead...

i wen to nailarts..very nice, think i will go there on 18th before my PS. my arms also very fat!!how andmine is a bustier top.die liao!!

beibei

totoro,
too bad!! but u will sure enjoy the PS!
happy.gif

can anyone volunteer to make reservation at Olio Dome?that time i made reservation and was cancelled so felt paisey if have to call again...
happy.gif

June brides gathering at Olio Dome Suntec
19/3/03 7pm

YES
--beibei
--Shanice
--Priviledged
--abrinas
--joyful

WE got FIVE girls now!!!

maybe
--pooh(will let us know later)

No
--Pucca

mint

Hi wen,
My photographer was Robin and bridal was Silhouette.

Tan Yoong has his in-house photographer? I din know that.
happy.gif

Does your groom wear suits very often? If not, it may be cheaper to buy it OTR.

Sweetie,
Having mtm gowns or not has nothing to do with photography date. The designer has to meet and coordinate with the PS date...that's all.

Pinkade: if you do your photoshoot in Aug, is there enough time for your photos to be ready by the wedding day?

rinoa

Hi pam,

just went to sign up with BV yesterday....asked colin abt another bride for the same day, he said still can make it. think he mentioned there are currently two bookings now (inclusive of mine)

oh i did tried on some gowns previously...the feel was really good...i love the material, the feel...though the gowns are so unbelievably heavy
sad.gif

mrs quake, does andrew choi does actual day too??
mabbe he can give you a good deal since you booked your ps with him, if not, ask him to do some recommendations for actual day photographers.

hey tingting : did you meet up with Ray Ong from photolanguage already???
heard he is good in color pics....kinda popular with a lot of pple...my colleague engaged his services, raved abt him.

happy.gif

Y

yi

hi berry,

welcome!
happy.gif

my wedding is over liao but i still pop by to chat with the gals here. hehe
you want to do some introduction?
when is your wedding?

hi feb,

oh, opp jalan bahar camp hah!
happy.gif

i'm alreadys taying there with hubby after my customary in jan 03 liao.
happy.gif

tingting

hi rinoa,

i'm thinking of meeting up with him...think colour pics will be better for actual day. I'm also thinking of using him as my studio photographer.

wen

Hi Mint,
No in-house photographer. Like silhouette, you can choose from those he work with such as Benny, Andrew, Chris, Leonard etc.

He has two packages:
1) Gown package -(MTM wedding-Rental & MTM evening-Purchase);
2) Full package -(1) + Flower + Photography + Makeup

As I have engaged my own makeup artist, so dont intend to take Package 2.
If just take Package 1, he will charge extra $200 for each top up. I include the photography in order not to pay extra. For example, if the design for wedding gown cost $500 for normal top up, I only need to pay $300.

Just in case, you are wondering what is this top up thingy. Top up is what you have to pay extra (after paying for Package 1 or 2) for any of his trademark design like swan or peonies.

I hope i didnt confuse u or anyone out there.

may

Kare: i got the link. Thanks. I like the website u have done. It looks really good. Can see u put in alot of effort.

No lah, you dont look very heavy at the top to me. But i feel that the neckline for your wedding gown is too straight. It looks mine evening gown and i asked my designer to do a small v for me. Will you look better if the neckline is a little dip? The gown looks loose on you. U mentioned the waist was loosen right? The embodiery is very nice. I like it very much. Did you experience with diff can can size? I did with 4 diff. I somehow feel that u shld go for a smaller and slimmer can can - one that starts its pom pom lower at the hips - so that u dont look so big at the hips. and also that ur gown is more aline. Ask your designer.

ur evening gown has a very unique color. Is it moroon or red, i cant tell. But very glittery and glam, i like. Mine is very plain. I dont feel that it emphasize yr top. But the waist is not very distinct, shld it be tuck more?

Just my comments...

flowee

hi ladies

sorie 4 the late reply....
happy.gif

TGIF!!!!

berry

the same berry in fbo????

kk mei

her world brides is out...
u can check ard liao!!!

jady

yes its reali nice 2 hv seen u in real person after the sms, fone calls n emails...
happy.gif

n sorie i din notice ur blue file layin on the bench when i turn back 2 check if we had missed out anythin...
sad.gif

ladies

hv a great wkend!!!
happy.gif

jus

hi vio,

thanx...
no worries, i just need to be certain that you have received it -- just in case, send to the wrong person.
; )

priviledged

Hi abrinas & totoro, well, maybe we can form a fat arms club!
lame.gif
I guess when we choose our photos, we can just choose the ones that flatter us and throw away those that don't. I'm glad that Robin only gives me 20 in an album. Hope I can find 20 nice ones. He also returns everything else, incl negatives, so I can hide the ugly ones where nobody will ever find them.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Abrinas, I'm at blk 187. Mine is a Design and Build, so everything is also done up. I just need to put in a kitchen, the lights and aircon, and some simple furniture. I'm trying not to spend more than $15 000. The kitchen I want is the most elaborate item cos both Fiance & I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen. Our flat is ready, but I've deferred the key collection to end April or early May, after my Fiance comes back.

I don't think that your husband earning less than you should be any hindrance. After all, we are marrying the person for who he is, not what he earns. A simple outlook on life and simple lifestyle with lots of love, understanding and communication is far better than anything money can buy.

leo29

Wen,

Unless your photographer is so generous to allow you to go more places. But I doubt they will lor.

Feb,

Then I should be lucky lor. My husband is teochew but our timing is 8-9am. Their family don’t really bang dang on timing.

Akira,

Your business shirt refer to long sleeve shirt? Why must tailor make? They can get easily from the departmental store. How much it cost for a suit,include pant?

meow

Leo29,
If they sabo me, i tell them i allergy lor. Then hubby drink lah. Can siam mah. Else ask my friend to drink for me loh.

Feb,
I'm not sure if they wan to bring their FH along.

Wen,
You not taking package from bridal for your PS is it? Nick also offer such package. You can check with him too.

Sweetie,
Ok, will sent it out tonight.

To all,
Confirm location of meeting: Esplande
Most likely the date will be on 28/03/03, since the attendance looks healthier.

22/03(aft/eve) - Meow, Pris, Besse, Are, Yve
28/03(eve) - Meow, Pris, Shirlynn, Besse, Are, Leo29, twinklets, Feb, Jing jing
29/03(aft/eve) - Meow, Pris, Shirlynn, Besse, Are, Amore
Not attending - Wen, Sunnyling, Clyne, okeanosmao, DK

pam

Hi Rinoa,
Thanks for helping me enquire.... so u booked ur package...... I better talk to my FH this weekend abt booking it soon.
When will be ur first appointment? Which photographer have u chosen for ur PS? Kim or Chris?

shanice

hello beibei n all

i can make the reservation... how many people should i reserve for? keke...
happy.gif

i'm gonna sleep soon... so kiasu! tomolo PS!!!!!!!!!!!
happy.gif
take care all of u gals here...

Shanice
happy.gif

mint

Hi wen,
Sometimes, if you and hubby are fast in posing and taking photos, the photographer may take you to more places. I think you can talk to your photographer about this matter lor... but it's very dependent on the actual day of the PS itself. For me and hubby, we managed to go to 4 places. Hope this helps!!

J

jan2003

May: Happy for you
happy.gif
know what you mean. but for my case, gown still tight so have to try to lose weight but have been long hours at work these few weeks, alot of munching especially when night time comes i super hungry. like now, still in office and munching away. sigh.

Shook: i know but this reason cannot used too often lor because too often become excuse. sian. very difficult position. dread the period after honeymoon when hubby won't be around. if he is posted overseas for more than 1 year, still can consider going lor but if one year or less tough lah especially now so difficult to get jobs. sigh.

Vin: Agree with you. many things when come out of FH's mouth, no or less objections. as for that future SIL, i decide to worry about her when i come to it lor. don't know what pattern she will be displaying. now trying her best to curry favour and carry my future MIL so that by the time i marry into the family, she is miles and miles ahead of me. funny thing is i not even interested in this game. dread it when i think about it. she's a very difficult and snob, even my parents can see. sigh.

P

panicki

Hi. I'm new here....

My wedding is also in Oct.
But yet to book bridal package yet.

Read that all of u are going for fittings/ trial make up etc....
It's scaring the hell out of me.

Am i too late or what?

Pls advise.

TQ berry much

akira

leo, hubby likes to wear cuff links.. a bit hiao
lol.gif
also tailor made will be better fitting and can have different types of collars. usually a shirt costs abt $70 for Chambray cotton mix material that does not crease easily. depending on material used, shirt can cost more. Guess $70 is cheaper than buying shirts from places like Boss lor.

wen, the cost of a suit depends on the material used. I guess abt $500 is pretty standard for a decent suit.

M

mrs

Hi Rinoa,

Congrats on finalising your bridal package!

Andrew Choi charges $1800 for actual day photography for those who signed directly with him for studio and Outdoor photos. He's too expensive to engage for actual day. Guess I have to lower my expectation for actual day lor.

N

novgroom

DK,
I am always here reading posting..
happy.gif
didn't MIA lar.. Just find that it is hard for me to contribute anything here.. heheh..

priscilla

Hi wen,
Me is a Teochew bride too, but how do you all find the lucky time to get out the house?
I heard from my bridal shop that Teochew bride must get out of house before sun come out, like that can liao and on the make up artist side no need to pay extra but must pay her cab fare and diver must pay extra.
But me is on the disadvantage side cos cannot sabo hubby cos hubby say if we want to carry on playing can but if sun comes out me cannot go out liao.....

Hi Sweetie,
Thats y I am not too sure about going to raffles marina to take outdoor PS but heard from hubby which is a fomer staff from there saying that they do open to public on certain days,I think on weekday if I am not wrong.

Hi Meow,
Do keep me inform whether you all bringing hubby going to gathering cos if mostly all bringing then I will bring mine too.

sweets

hi hi....

Priviledged, can I be the president of the fat arms club? I'm president of fat tummy, bum, tighs as well ...giggles... which part of US are u going to be at ? So sad, I'm leaving US soon as well...oh well :p

Shanice, i'll be coming back month end....quite soon...have fun with the PS ? must show us pix ok ? we can also check out your fiance's jornalisitic skills

enya

hi all dec brides to be!! so many dec brides ... seems like i missed out on so many postings ... haven't logged in any response for so long here!!!
happy.gif

her world brides is out!! i have the latest copy .. BUT TO MY DISAPPOINTMENT ... gowns featured were always from the same few boutiques .. hardly any, or should i say NONE from boutiques like kai, tan yoong, bridal veil etc ... onie a few gowns from ted wu were featured!!! so sad!!!!!! but i like the section on shoes .. cos i have started thinking where i should get my shoes from!!!
happy.gif

meow

Pris,
same here. Will depends if most bring hor.

Novgroom,
Got you have something to contribute. Will you be joining us then?

feb

Hi Leo29

Lucky girl u...Me still have to wake up so early and dunno how will I tahan cos i like to sleep one...Sob Sob...But I will be asking all my Ah Yi to stay overnite at my place lor then somemore they say wun let me sleep...Lagi worst....

K

kk

Hi Flowee Jie,

Yes, i have purchased a copy of Her World Brides yesterday at clementi. This issue not bad, lots of articles to read.

Thanks! Still waiting for FemaleBrides.. kekekee...

priviledged

Hi Sweets,
I'll be going to Indiana. Where are you? Are you working there?

Shanice, praying that your photoshoot will be really great fun.

yvonne

hi hi... dun count me out too.. me an impt member in the fat arms club too
proud.gif
*sobsob***
lets all have a gathering when sweets is back...
me will not be able to make it on the 19 mar too.. usually quite busy at work ... it would be better if it is on a friday
happy.gif

it's ok..
me having PS on 17 march too
happy.gif

actually i took pics of my gowns during gown fitting liao.. used friend's digital camera, and he not time to download for me
sad.gif
sobsob.. so waited for 2 weeks liao to see my gown pic
sad.gif

next gown fitting (to fit for PS) this wed 12 march
happy.gif
will bring my own film camera to take the pics
happy.gif
i think will be faster
happy.gif
will show u all the pics once i have them..
then will show u tt me an impt member in the fat arms club
happy.gif

my WG is a bustier, nad EG is halter-neck.. both will show my fat-arms leh **sobsob***

yvonne

btw.. me ROMing on 26 march...
only abt 18 more days...any of u ROMed oredi ?? how does it feel like after ROM ??
and wat u call ur PILs after ROM but before customary ???
me calling them auntie and uncle now.. cannot imagine myself calling them pa, ma after ROM.. how?? scary hor..
sad.gif

berry

hi yi..can relax for u then. No need to worry so much. Well..I had get ROM but haven,t gone my customary yet. Still deciding on the date.

Hi Flowee..

Yes I,m the berry in FBO :)

chicory

Hi gals,

Tingting, is the coordinator you talked to at MM Irene? I have only reserve the date with her, have not paid the deposit yet, will do so before end of the month to enjoy the promotion
happy.gif
. How's your visit to LG? Did the visit help you make up your mind who to sign with? Which are the bridal boutiques you are seriously considering?

Mrs Quake, if i am not taking either Linn Kong or Picture Box, i will consider Andrew Choi's outdoor package, i also prefer more outdoor shots cuz' they are more colorful, interesting and natural. I guess cuz' we like more natural shots, outdoor package suits us quite nicely
happy.gif
. You have decided on your WG's design rite? You mind sharing the style, is it bustier? Actually for weekday wedding, is it troublesome for relatives? Becuz' they have to take leave to attend the morning tea ceremony. Why is the indoor and outdoor package with Andrew Choi so much more exp than the outdoor only package and the photos are lesser also? For actual day photos, i think Benny Ang is really good, he does very good journalistic photos but he charges $2000. Too exp for me
happy.gif

Kopibean, i think the outdoor only package is more worthwhile leh.

enya, i am going to get a copy of Her World Brides today
happy.gif
. Maybe we should feedback to them that they should start exploring other boutiques to keep their readers interested
lame.gif

wenn

hi gers! *wave*

working today? i bought the herworld mag too.. ok, quite a good read.. heard that FB mag out mid march
happy.gif

meekoo

hi shook

me going to select photos and do a re-select on the WG today too.... me also pretty petite. only 158cm....hope to find some thing better cos the WG i select seem a bit old.

i got my EG mtm from tailor recommended from relative.... hope it will turn out well. only end of this mth then will get ready.

cath

Hi Panicki,
Welcome to Oct03 thread. I think it's still not too late to book bridal package. But have u booked a place for dinner?

Can you also update the following list for us? =)

1. 1027, 04 Oct, Swissotel, Xristos, Jurong West

2. HF, 26 Oct, Oriental, Chris Ling, Amanda Lee Weddings, AnchorVale@SK

3. kk, 26 Oct, Qianxi (Farrer Park), Wedding Affairs (Previous Fame Bridal), Rivervale@
Sengkang

4. Serene, 24 Oct, Holiday Inn Parkview, Paris (at Tanjong Pagar), Compassvale
Crescent@SengKang

5. fishball, 17 Oct, Concorde, In Wedding, P21

6. lorraine,26 Oct, Le Meridien, Jawn Happy-ever- after & City bridal (photography)

7. Jady, 4th Oct Customary & 5th Oct banquet & solemnization. Hilton, Jazreel Low
Bridal, Sembawang

8. blissz, 30 Oct, The Fullerton, Ted Wu n Montage Studios, Rivervale Crest@Sengkang

9. poki, 26 Oct, Hotel Inter-Continental, Amanda Lee Weddings, Utopia, P21

10. Piggy, 4 Oct, Noble House, bridal not decided yet, CCK

11. leafy, 4 Oct, Qianxi, Bridal Zone, Queenstown

12. Blythe, 4 Oct, Church Wedding, 10 Oct, Hotel New Ottani, J&M Bridal, Ponggol 21.

13. cath, 12 Oct, Qianxi (Farrer Park), Seletar Broadway, Ponggol 21.

14. catlim, 25 OCt, Church wedding, Goodwood Park, Sengkang Fernvale

15. rhs, 25 Oct, Shangri-la, Silhouette, Chris Ling, not applying for HDB

16. Teri, 24 Oct. Hotel Intercon, Bridal?, Punggol

17. Joanne, 12 Oct, rasa sentosa, seletar broadway (probably), queensway

18. Jus, 24 Oct, Raffles hotel, Ted's Collection, Everafter (Albert Chua)

19. Cookiecorgi, 9 Oct 03

20. Snowry, wedding date = not fixed yet, banquet= also not yet, Bridal package = Golden Horse Award, Home sweet home = Segar, Bukit Panjang

21. Jingle Bell; 27 oct; Swissotel Merchant Court; Wedding Present; Jurong West

22. Pinkade, 23 Oct, Marriot, Chris Ling / Benny Ang, Rivervale Crescent

23. Beibao, 11 Oct, Conrad, Jazreel Low, Utopia, Punggol Central

24. Sunshine, 27 Oct, Ling Zhi Vegetarian resturant, Silhouette,Utopia, St George

25. Panicki, (wedding date), etc..

Meantime, if you dont mind, ps send these info to me @ ([email protected])

1) Nick Name
2) Real Name
3) Birthday (DD/MM/YY)
4) ROM Date
5) Wedding Date
6) Banquet Venue
7) Name of Bridal / Studio
8) Email
9) New Home Location
10) Contact No

wen

Meow,
Saw Nick journalist day photography from some brides. Very impressive. I am sure he will do a good job for you on your wedding day.

Will go to his studio to take a look after I have settled the studio & outdoor photography. Still thinking who to choose... Andrew Choi or Chris Ling or others? Comments?

wen

Priscilla,
I think lucky time is when you arrive at groom's place and not getting out of your house. Correct me if I am wrong. For me, my FIL consulted a Shi Fu for the auspicious time.

Not really necessarily for Teochew bride to get out of house before sun come out. My girlfriend (Teochew Bride) chose the day which auspicious hour fall after 8am then she doesnt have to leave so early.

Btw, what time is before sun come out?? 7am or 6.30pm? Is it the time you leave your house or the time you arrive at his house? I am v confused.

Luckily, you don't have to pay extra. Can save $100-$150. Still can sabo him. Just ask your Hubby & his xiong di to come earlier.

pausini

Hi pple, I am back. back to office on saturday morning cos got things to do. So lazy after the PS.

may: thanks, it look hot in the noon and a bit hazy in the evening.not able to get blue sky but can get a bit sunset. in fact not really. guess what i dun enjoy my PS yesterday. My contact make me look very sleepy. all the staffs ask me to look happy, they say i look very sian. Even my photographer say why i look so sian. FH got not experience and he look very stiff. one reason cos he never wear contact lens at all n they required him to take off his spect lens and he cant see at all. Me? i keep turning my head the wrong side. Photographer said why my head always side way. i wasnt nature, i wanted my PS to be a fun loving one. but it turn out quite bad.

at 1st, FH was very scare of taking pic cos of his hair. After a while of PS, he is ok. Cos i said he is very stiff, now he is scare that the photo will turn out bad. He keep asking me what happen the PS turn out not nice. He still tease me, that we dun have to spend too much $$ on the additional photos.

I got 5 gowns for shoot so rightful only 5 hairdos, but later i realise my makeup artisit didnt make one hairdo i like very much. so complaints, very sad. good things he is nice enough, after the outdoor shot, he did the hairstyle i wanted very much and we took somemore indoor shoots. Like the last one, very spainsh look.

May, so happyf or u that u slim down. I tried to send the montage again. hopeful, u get to recieved it this time.

maya: thanks, can i have the address? i may want to try concourse to get those artifical flowers. They are the wholesaler may be cheaper there.

Kare: i wasnt bustti, inorder to look nice on the gown, i put tape under the bust line and make it push up. Guess what, i tear off a small piece of my skin after a day of PS. so painful! *OUCH* althot they have place two bra pad but it still cant push up much. I think, i will need to get those sticker that meant to push up the breast.

I tried to send the montage to u, at the meantime can u share ur fitting with me.

Jan: that is ur FH SIL? Not ur FH sister right. Why ur FIL treat her so well. Did they treat u well too?

Shook: why WL like that one. i also heard from my friend that kaki bukit branch will hide their gowns behind and they will only take out those they think is good for u but u dun get to see urself. isnt? My makeup artisit used to work for Whitelink too. Marriage is once a life time and every bride wanted to be the best. So i do suggest u go back and choose ur gown. If need my help, i dun mind going down with u. Hee hee.. (Kpo bride)

N

novgroom

Meow,
I don't think I am free to join the gathering, my phototaking is coming soon. Furthermore, my bride would not like to join a group of 'strangers' :p

Oh yes, I have met up with Nick Goh few weeks ago, quite like his photography style. I guess I will engaged him for my actual day shoot.
happy.gif

tingting

Hi chicory,

my visit to Le Galleria has only made me more confused..
lame.gif
Bcos their embroidery is much more extensive, unlike what we saw at Dang. So I'm now in 2 minds, not sure which one to pick! If you haven't visited Le Galleria, maybe you will want to take a look.

I may bust my budget for actual day photos, as well as bridal package..
lame.gif
I think photos are the only things that will capture the memories of the day, so worth while spending more to get quality shoots. Will prob try to cut on frills like flowers, invite cards etc... but i think overall i'll still bust my budget..
biggrin.gif

mint

wen,
We went to a catholic church in Hougang (which looks like chijmes), Tanjong Rhu, a bare land in Changi and Changi beach. I reached the studio at 10am and we went out at around 3pm for our outdoor shoots.

meow

Wen,
Infact, i've not been to his studio before. One of my Sec. sch friend's wedding was today. Was there to help her. Was very shock to find that she didn't manage to find one of my other friend to be her photographer. Then she also didn't go and find. In the end, we try to snap the shoots for her. Hope the photos will turn out nicely. But then, what about tonight's dinner?!
Then i call nick goh up and found that he's available. Else i think we gonna die liao. phew.

Think Andrew Choi and Chris Ling's work not cheap too. But if you are taking those overseas PS, then think its ok. I'm not sure they got actual day wedding included or not.

Not sure what time bride must leave house, maybe before 7am? I maybe able to check it out.
Novgroom,
Was Nick the first photographer you look at? Do look at other photographer works too then decide. Must compare the result lah, but of course you and your wife must like it first lah.

Feb,
think your ah yees will still let you sleep one lah. Else got one extinct panda how?
biggrin.gif
I think only if you can't fall asleep then they chat with you lah.
happy.gif

N

novgroom

Meow,
I have look through most of the photographer's portfolio in the internet. So notice that Nick has a different way of taking pictures.. For the rest of them, I feel they are about the same. After a discussion with Nick, I know he is out to make good pictures and not earn big bucks..

Actually I prefer to receive the bride very early in the morning, so we can have a lot of time taking pictures during the early morning sun..
happy.gif