(2003) Brides of year 2003

poki

Hi gals

Wow!! more and more Oct03 brides... I'm back, been mia for a long long time.

sunshine, beibao, pinkade, snowry, jinglebell & cookiecorgi

Welcome Welcome!!!

Beibao & Sunshine

I had also engaged Travis to do the studio & outdoor shoot. My PS is scheduled in Jun. How abt u two??

Sunshine & rhs

I was torn between Silhouette and Amanda Lee Weddings. They really provide excellent service and I like their gowns too. Ultimately, we had decided to sign up with Amanda cos I'm more comfortable with her, as compared with Minda. Just FYI, Amanda Lee was previously with Silhouette and now she's on her own. Her service is excellent thus far. I have also confirmed my WG & EG design. Looking forward to my 1st fitting in Mar.

kk

pardon me. Dun understand "cut wedding vcd".. r you refering to photo montage or wedding MTV? Do correct me if I'm wrong, ok?

I have met up with Fabian. FH & I like his videography work. We are considering to engage him.

wenn

hi MVP
happy.gif

hi Yi,,
i did walk into novotel to ask abt their price while i was there,,, MBK oso got a hotel.. part of the princess group... me oso itching to go leh.. BIL just went phuket for V day with his new gf.. he won a 2 week stay as there was a tourism promotion thing there.. so lucky!!! :p

yve

are, yeah, there are a lot of shops in TP.. got 2 soo kee, 1 lee hwa, and various others.. We bought the jewellery in Dec, very kiasu hor.. All white gold with diamonds. Choose and bought 1 small gold gold bracelet for my MIL to give me during the tea-ceremony.. something that I can wear everyday if I want. Don't want her to spend so much..

fionau

Wah! Really hope to go Bangkok now. Actually we go with my sister and friends. So, not look like honeymoon oh!
But i enjoy go with one big groups cos can ask them take photo for both of us ma! And can negotiate during shopping. Because normally did not negotiate during shopping so do not how to negotiate!! Me also afraid they will become angry if i negotiate too much!!! hahahha....
Still need to wait another 2 weeks to go there, sian..

rhs

Wah, so many posts today :) And we have 24 brides oredi!!

Jady, my surgery is postponed until Friday. So I can join u all tomorrow! Wah lau, so paiseh ... already told my boss I'll be on mc for 3 days, bla bla bla, now have to call him again *grrr*

Hi sunshine, welcome!! U also with Silhouette ah? Who's your designer? Mine is Miah.

Hi beibao, welcome also!!
Maybe u can wear boat neck gown as it will hide collarbone a bit. Ask the designer to recommend something that will suit you, and try as many gowns as u can :) Utopia was on my list of photographer. His portfolio is very good. We din engaged him because we afraid can't communicate well with him (he's more comfortable in chinese whereas we're not chinese speaking). I notice that his colour is 'stronger' than other photographers

Pinkade, as 1027 said, I'm with Chris too! Signed up with him because we like his work and he's very friendly & easy going. For gown, I'm with Silhouette. I din visit BV & TY so cannot compare. But they have good reviews as well. I believe TY has fairy tale and dreamy look with lots of flowing organza. Silhouette is more on lace, beadings, and embroidery, and I find the gowns are elegant. Service-wise I'm very pleased with Silhouette so far. Have u decided on what u like for your WG (crystal, lace, beadings, embroidery, etc)? Ask them to show you several gowns that are similar with what u like, then u can mix and match from those lor. Ted Wu also very nice. Good service and friendly people.

beibao, pinkade, u can visit these sites for gown ideas:
http://www.palomablanca.com
http://www.demetriosbride.com

1027, maybe we shld ask for group discount from Chris ... kekeke

kk, better check with the videographer. My guess is u can pass the scanned pictures as they will scan them anyway. Maybe u just need to scan at higher resolution so it will be more flexible for them to resize/crop the pictures

Gosh! Dunno how u girls manage to juggle between wedding prep and reno. Me already headache with only wedding
biggrin.gif

are

feb... i oso can't ICQ in office, got firewall.

yve... gd tat u can choose wat you want. i tried so hard to persuade my mum to buy something i would want to wear, but she is the 'old people thinking', muz as thick as possible. but i juz choose mid range, dun want her to spend too much oso.

joyful

Hi Beibei,

Since you've made a reservation under your name. Is it under "BeiBei"? Why dun we juz meet inside Olio Dome? Or else there'll be a bunch of us gathering at the entrance, and it'll seem like some "illegal gathering"...;P

peabrain72

Hi gals

Need your help... know of any bridal packages that is in the price range of $2000-$3000. Helping a friend to source for one, wedding in a month's time. Me of no help cos didn't shop around.

Thanks in advance.

annmelody

wow...

you all so good...the "si dian jin" can actually be in white gold.

My MIl refuse to buy white gold as she say no value so she only getting them in yellow gold..... :<

beibei

joyful,

what time would you be there??

me try to call and book under my 'nick'so is everyone fine with waiting inside??but cos I tot since we meeting for the first time would be better meeting near the entrance of mrt..as in the one leading to Olio Dome...
happy.gif

angel

Hi jojok,

Which website did you go to download exercise for slimming down &amp; tonning up, mi also need to tone up most part of my body... thanks

hi poki: glad to have you back! Fabian is a nice guy indeed! is he the only videographer you've met or do you have more appointments coming?

rhs: yah man, if only we knew each others' intentions earlier, then we could have gone to him for a group discount!
dun worry about your op ok? i'm sure everything will be fine.

shook

Hihi Pausini
Indeed u put on wt as compared to the makeover photos.
Ya la ya la, u chubby baby go loose wt chu chu chu ....
(No offence huh)
JLC v gd leh. Let u tried so many gowns. Got 2nd round some more. I v v envy. Drooling liao. I only spent 2 1/2 hrs trying the gowns @ WL. Can't remember how many. Dat day oso suay lah came across dat staff. She simply tell me dat's all dat suits u. I then disappointed. So wz my hubby.

Hihi May
U get fm Robison Centre Pt?

shook

Hihi Peabrain72

Can ask your friend to try Yonne Creative. But then I dun like their hair styling. V simple pattern. I oso know how to do it myself.

K

kk

Hi Poki,

What do u mean by photo montage and wedding MTV? Hmm..u know those wedding vcd couples play before start of wedding dinner? Those type lor
happy.gif
Those cds play from childhood photos to wedding photos, get wat i mean?
happy.gif

pausini

Hi Peabrain,

Mine is only $2888 but that is last oct offer. Can ask her to go and see whether they have cheap offer. They very flexible one. if she is getting OTR then no problems.

flowee

kk mei

how 2 explain 2 u wat is can-can???
its a wired kinda of nettin which gives the gown a bloated kinda of looks...
wonder if u understd wat i m sayin???
else can someone who is better in the defination of a can-can help mi with the explaination???

yi

erm mayb i aint in luck durin my trip 2 phuket...
din find anythin suitable from wacoal!!!

hi mvp

welcome 2 03 brides...
mind 2 do some self intro???

cher

getttin ur keys soon ah...
next time can drop by ur place liao coz our place pretti near 2 each other!!!
:p

meow

Huh, everyone use chat instead of here huh? Then i think i can't. Office can't surf net and i dun really chat but come here instead.

Leo29,
Actually i'm not very confuse. Went to the fair at suntec this aft, and ask the reason why it crack. The contractor say its the mixture of the cement and sand. They mix more sand than cement, so will crack. He also say HT will have sharp edges as compare to CT.

kare2711

Pausini, I agree that the blue evening gown is nice on you.

I think #15 is nice. If only like May said, with a drop waist. Mine has a V waistline too.

I just went for my first fitting today. Hmm .. not everything was up (some embroidery not done; beading not done) so it was a rather disappointing trip. And I can't fit into my night gown! LOL! Really need to detox ... what's worse was that my FH didn't comment, so that means the gowns aren't that hot looking. And my chest looks so so big!!!! Argh! I wanted to take photos but was not allowed (mostly I guess because the gowns wasn't fully ready). I also had my trial makeup and that at least turned out quite well, for I got to choose my hairstyle and the makeup artist agreed to put on eyeliner on me, which is a must.

My next trip would be next Tuesday to try on my soon-to-be-very-altered evening gown. Really not in the mood to marry when the gowns aren't ooomph-y.

poki

kk

Yup, that's refer to photo montage. Are u engaging pple to do it for you or DIY?? We are considering to do a photo montage cum morning highlights. May get the actual day videographer to do it for us... px is ard $600.

So far we had met 3 videographers.. Now Fabian is top in our list. Yup, ve two more appts coming. Will keep u informed on my selection.. wish me luck.. =)

rhs

Yes! Amanda Lee is previously from Sil..

Y

yi

hi fionau,

can u email me your email address again so that i can email you my pics?
hubby and i went alone but we still enjoy shopping and bargaining too!
2 weeks will pass soon so just wait to enjoy in bangkok.
happy.gif

Y

yi

hi mvp,

welcome!
my wedding is over in jan 03 but still popped in to chat with the other gals.
happy.gif

hi cherubies,

contiki tours? know chan brothers had a sale last sun but coz i just reached singapore at 10pm at night, did not manage to make it to the fair.
sad.gif
they having discount for europe tours too.

congrats on collecting your keys soon!
so, you wld be staying in sengkang or punggol?

hi wenn,

bangkok is real good for makan and shopping coz singaporeans go there have a bigger purchasing power.
happy.gif

hi flowee,

me also went to phuket in 1999 and had a great time there with my ex-bf and colleagues.
happy.gif

phuket is great for relaxing.
bangkok wacoal has more designs now.
happy.gif

ocean

Hi sept 03 bride,

yap
happy.gif
definitely should check out the photographer thread...

almost wanted to book this actual day photographer for over $1500 coz i thought he was very good and cheap (me kinda the kan cheong kind)... surprisingly
happy.gif

pardon my ignorance but what's HIPV?

hi jojok,

thanks for the website... haven't downloaded it but think i'll definitely need it esp. the toning part
happy.gif

hi flowee and all,

i'm agggoooonising over the bridal boutiques to choose now that's why i haven't book yet. i've been to like 10 boutiques from Stamford, to tanjong pagar stretch, and some... but i haven't convince myself that the expensive ones are that worth it and the more competitive priced ones are well... reliable such that the gowns and photography will turn out to be what i'd like... my budget is about $5000 for everything (no need to be MTM lah but of course i everything also want) but willing to be flexible. Any suggestions?

And the dinner venues... my goodness all our preferred venues all fully booked and packed around that weekend.
guess serves me right for not looking earlier;P anyway should be finalising banquet tomorrow though. Thank GOd

D

dk

Ava,
Enjoy yourself...
I must better hurry up on signing wif a bridal...
then can ask my FH for a bonus vacation....

Anyone going for the Wedding Fair @ Takashimaya Ngee Ann City tis weekend?

Be to Silhoutte 2 days ago...nice buotique....nice embroidery...
Heath, one of the designers was very helpful &amp; most of all not hard sell...got me to try on few gowns...lots of helpful advise... i should say he's very Pro &amp; has lots of passion in his work.

But his package in on the high side...(his not out of my list yet though)
1) OTR WG, MTM EG(to keep),makeup, corsage w/o
Groom suit &amp; w/o Photography = $2700
2) As above but MTM WG = $3500
My FH prefer the photography to be diff. from conventtional WED style so we leave the Photography out of the bridal package.

N

novgroom

Meow,
If you are looking at those wooden bedframe that has 4 long legs, it is definitely unstable in long term. Have you seen those leather or PVC bedframe? Some of them look very nice. Try looking for those bedframes that use joints, it is better.

yve,
I remember ICQ got a web version recently, did you try it?

iris

Hi gals

Its been long long time since I logged in. Welcome all the new Dec brides here
happy.gif

Jbride,
You still updating the list of whos getting married on which date and venue? I think I MIA too long so now bit blur.
SOS,
Me getting married on 13th Dec too. Most of the hotels when I started calling up in Dec 02 is already booked up. You got to really work fast on this.

Hi all, I was all stressed up on this and after all decisions have been made, I am relieved and got more time to spend on products to look after on my face and body. Oh and managed to get big ang pao out of parents hee

meow

Novgroom,
I'm looking for those wodden ones. Will not look on those with thin legs. Thick ones can? Cos i intend to have "zen" style
happy.gif

sunshine

My designer is Heath and I have just finish taking my measurement for the WG and EW. My first fitting date have not been confirm yet. Should be somewhere in end of march.

My photoshoot date is in August, looking forward to it!!

rhs:
Who are you make-up artists?

wenn

Good Morning Every1
happy.gif

Hi Yi,
Yup, we got more spending power but i noticed that the prices for clothes in Bangkok's dept stores have increased in 02 from 01.

din buy much then,,, but bought quite a few pairs of slippers &amp; some T-shirts,, even bought some guavas back for office
happy.gif
i was there more for the food
biggrin.gif

wenn

Hi ocean,,

how about booking ur banquet on a weekday, cheaper too! mine's on a friday, but i pay the weekend price. hope u can get ur ideal location &amp; date
happy.gif

for bridal, i would go with the shop that i'm comfortable with
happy.gif
i give equal weightage for gown design &amp; photography.

cherubies

Good morning!

morning, wenn!
agree, bangkok food yum yum.

Hi kk,
ya, would be one unique pix.
wink.gif

Hi flowee,
ya. but don't know when, just hdb web changed from 2q to 1q. yippeee. very excited... no problem. you are more than welcome to my home..
happy.gif

hi Yi,
ya lor, but we still want to wait for natas fair. hopefully no more change of date or else cannot go to the fair. exams coming soon. =0(

cherubies

Hi cookiemz,

have you have in mind which banquet venue to book?
then it's would be easier. have a few choices on hand so that you can go see see look look.

don't worry, july should be quite ok. very few weddings. so hor, my friends can't say they got other weddings to attend.. hee hee...

my preparations, not too bad. now only to confirm menu, flowers, mother's stuff, mc script, printing invitation cards... basically leaving the nitty gritty stuff which we'll only do around may after my photoshoot. guest list is done already cos i'm not having the dinner. how's yours?

ya, most gals are not around. they do come in at times tho.
happy.gif

mvp

Hullo wenn,

Mine was 3 days later. Yap, have booked my studio and venue. In fact have settled on my WG design so waiting for my first fitting next mth. As for EG, have chosen one OTR in their recent bridal show which I like.

I'm also waiting for the Natas Fair so as to see where we will be heading to for our honeymoon. We are thinking of catching the snow in Dec.

J

jingle bell

Hi SunShine,
Welcome.... Hmmmm, same wedding date as me.. Wow, u took your measurement so early. Mine is in early Apr and the photoshoot is in July.

Me too looking forward to the dates. So excited leh.

S

sept 03 bride

Hi Ocean,
HIPV is actually Holiday Inn Parkview.
when is your big day actually? U din realli mentioned, mine is on 17th Sept

wenn

Hi Cherubies
happy.gif

when is the next natas fair? me need to plan oso...

Hi Mvp
happy.gif

heh heh,, we can exchange tips
biggrin.gif

wow, u r early! i haven't settle my design yet.. good &amp; cheap place for snow is Korea...

jady

cath, pls chg my wedding date to 5th oct,ROM same day too. thks!

rhs, glad u can join us tonite. u've got my no. rite?6.30pm ok?

sunshine,welcm!

TO all newcomers:
i'm organising the 1st Oct bride dinner gathering TONITE.
Meet at 6.30pm outside starbucks, cityhall.
going seah st deli for dinner.
u r all welcm to join in. juz email me at "[email protected]"(incl yr nick,real name &amp; hp no.) &amp; let me know b4 5pm today.
happy.gif

looking fwd to seeing u gals. we've confirmed 6 gals now, 2 other gals will try to make it if they finish work earlier.

jady

hi mvp, welcm!

gals, can chk with u if u wearing bras(if not low back) or sewn extra padding beneath yr gowns even gowns have one sewn in padding oredy? my hubby kip asking me if i'm wearing bra tat day cos he's so scared i 'zou guang". i nvr tot i nid to but juz 1 2 confirm with u all.:p

ya, when's natas fair?

flowee,kk &amp; yi, for aircon installation, ur contractor do also or u find another guy to do?

are

DK... wow, tats quite an amt w/o photography rite? but i guess the gowns muz be v nice, coz i've read v gd comments abt tat shop in other threads.

do rem not to be pressurised when u visit exhibitions. they can still give u gd packages even if u sign later. always visit their shops. tat's wat me &amp; hubby learnt when we were doing our rounds. but mine was OTR, so i guess if you taking MTM then its fine.