(2003) Brides of year 2003

meow

Hallo girls,
I got a request from Nov brides. Shall we edit our list with more info like photographer and such? If Yes, what else does everyone wants to add? Believe i require everyone's co-operation then.
happy.gif

But i do have slight problem too. Some of the brides seldom come in now. How? Comments??

shook

Hihi Pausini
Your bridal boutique v gd to u leh. Use other bride's mtm gown design to mtm one 4 u but treat it as otr gown. Pls dun get me wrong. I dun mean u r wrong to try other bride's mtm gown. It is not your request afterall.
I can access to my hotmail already.
Find the following gowns nice on u. gown 1 (color v nice), 5,6,16,18-20,21-23,27-28,30-35
Agree wif Sue, u look slimer in halter. Envy leh, I can't take halter bcoz I m v flat.

Hihi Pausini/Sue
I asked my mum abt the cake thing. She prefers cake voucher coz can change to other items if recipient dun want cakes (she does dat when she receives cake voucher). Nowadays ppl dun really like to eat cake. Convenient to distribute oso.

Hihi Jas77
Wow, u come into May bride thread as well
happy.gif

clyne

Meow,
For wedding stuff, I only bought white wires to tie a bow and tiny satin flowers for my flower girl..
Dunno how much they will cost in S'pore but I couldn't find white wires in S'pore and the wires cost less than $0.90 for a bunch of them..and the flowers cost me abt less than $2 a pack.
The address of the shops I enquired will email u tonite..

Amore,
I dunno how they sell..if it comes as a set, 2small candles and 1 thick candle(simple decoration) with 3 stands, my budget shd be < SGD40..if just the plain thick candle, the candle shd cost abt SGD5. For ring pillow, <= SGD10..
Help me check it out if u happen to come across, thanks!

jady

flowee,

u can do all of the above to get me..:p
ps in jun too - 21st.

chk wif u ah, do u gals buy diff shoes for photoshoot &amp; wedding? cos ps whole day walked alot, m wondering to get shoes with lower heels, then actual day get higher heeled ones..

jazz

Hihi!

I'm back. Korea was fantastic!
happy.gif
Although I didn't get a chance to travel to the parts other than Seoul, Seoul itself is pretty interesting. There're just too many places to shop, and too many shops and things that you wouldn't know where to start and what to buy... :p

Pausini, saw from the previous messages that you've gone for your first fitting? How has it gone? I'm having my trial makeup tomorrow.

How are the rest of the gals doing?

Cheers,
Jazz

flowee

gd mornin ladies

yi
nice of u 2 log in last nite in the chatrm
4gotten 2 tell u tat the gers last nite r mostli sep brides who i had been chattin in...

as 4 the shoes, m lookin in 2 otr n mtm shoes...
wana 2 compare the diff in prices...
but pretti disappted coz aint able 2 find any i like durin my search yesterdaz...
walk till legs pain pain oredi...
sad.gif

been 2 farm mart last yr...
nothin muz 2 c hor... :p

jady

my ps in earli june...
u hv any place in mind 4 ur ps location???

shd b usin the same pair 4 ps else hv 2 buy many pairs of shoes...
i cant use 2 high heels as my guy n my ht diff nt veri muz ( onli say 5cm taller )...
wont wana 2 look taller than him with my hair do n veil on...

leo29

Meow,

My parent never really mention. But I guess will be around 5 tables, for my mum’s side uncles and aunties. Is my dad side consider gal side tables. If yes, my hb will broke.

I got a frd that her mum ask for 8 tables and her hb grumble said too many. My frd was so angry that she said whatever you feel comfortable you pay, the rest I will pay.

DK,

I think jewel from bride parent don’t consider Si Dian Jin, it’s Jia Zhuang. It’s true no need to buy so many pieces, 1 piece is enough. Nowadays nobody will bother. But if hb have those relatives that like to gossip, then I think it’s needed lor.

Priscilla,

What you mean by wedding thing, too wide already. You mean things needed for Guo Da Li and on wedding day? Actually, most of us also not very sure, just hear abit here and there. Combine it and that's it. What is your hb and your dialect?

As for bed, what i know is it's better to change lor! But some said, change the mattress will do. Depend on you. My bed was also 1 year plus. But I knew about this when we bought our present bed so we bought a cheap one. When customary date is confirm the we buy a good bed.

K

kk

Hi Jady,

I will be wearing one pair of white heels on my actual day and this pair i shall use it for ps in May too. Since i use it for indoor ps, it won't be dirtied easily. For EG, i bought a silver pair for it. Will bring it for indoor ps too.

As for outdoor ps, i intend to get another lower white heels pair to ease walking.

Hi Flowee Jie,

I didn't manage to find any shoes for my EG yesterday at Bugis. We rested for a while and kkk and me decided to go to Tampines for the very last chance to get shoes yesterday. I managed to get the silver pair from Tampines Metro. Only $36 after 10% discount
happy.gif

Need to hunt for another lower heels pair for my outdoor ps
happy.gif

Y

yi

hi jady,

i only got a pair of wedding shoes for ps, wedding and evening gowns coz the gowns are of same colour theme i.e. silver grey and thus 1 shoe suits all. And also those kind of shoes, you wun use it very often so no point buying too many rite?

just my two cents' worth.
happy.gif

pausini

Hi Jazz,
welcome back. is it true the korean welcome US$ than their own won?

No Idea, why so many asking for my gown preview. for those who is not under the May bride. Sorry., i dun feel comfortable to share the gowns preview now. Will post the PS once done.

Jas77, never mind. my gown already fixed nice or not nice. i also dun feel like changing.

Shook: That alright. My bridal shop good to me? not really lah, they are nice to all.

Sue: Thanks! not choosing 16. i just post all the photo i took to show all lor... For those that all have agree look nice on me is selected.

May: Starting my detox programme today. :p

Havent saw Jan and the rest for sometime.

jan

Fion, so I'm right. I passed by tat place when I distributed the cakes during my Guo Da Li and my relative told us tat place's food not bad.

Yi, my dinner was held at Crown Prince Hotel. Thank you for checking for me on the hotel.

Cherry n berry, hi can I see your pics too?

are

hi all! let me try to catch up ovr the weekend...

leo... i got keys in nov last yr, but yet to start work! we are really headache now, coz we hv ala carte contractors, &amp; we hv to do design ourselves. w our ltd experience/knowledge, it hasn't been easy. abt the pin jing, my aunties v bad, they actually went into the rm to see how much was in the red packet. i shd really try to distract them tis time round so they dun haress my mum! ;P

meow... my parents will ask for 6 tables, same as my sis lor. reno v headache hor? my advice to you is get an ID tat can coordinate all. we hv to do ala carte coz of 'relations' &amp; its really killing us man... can you beat tis, we went to buy taps, heater &amp; sink, &amp; the bill came up to $800!!! can faint man...

DK... ya, i'm oso aware tat kebayas are v ex, was hoping my bridal hv, but i highly doubt so, they dun even hv cheongsum. quite pointless for me to buy oso, coz i'm not peranakan, so wun be able to wear next time! ;P

may

Pausini: good luck for your detox diet. So apples for 3 days for you? ja you!

Ya also wonder what happened to Jan. Long time no hear from her.

Jazz: welcome back. good tat u enjoy korea. I wld like to go there eventually to enjpoy winter.

Shook/sue: i feel tat cake voucher is very convenient but then my mum also prefers the ckae itself to show more sincerity.

My house reno close to end now, want to check w your gals...is there any custom i must follow for the moving in? I saw lots of new flat in Sengkang they have a red cloth at the entrance of their door. Wondering what it is for?

jady

ya, i'll be getting silver pair too. ya, agree, maybe get 1 or 2 pairs, tats it. thks gals!
happy.gif

so nxt wed dinner still 4 of us only?

pausini

May: Thanks! Both Parents all not "Pang tan" one so not very sure. But i heard my mum say the red cloth is for "just married". i may just mean "just moved it too". best is to consult elderly.

are

leo29... we visited the sofa shop again, its at Blk 170, lorong 1. aft describing the design we want to the guy, our 3-seater + long stool will prob cost abt $600-$800, cos we want fully remover fabric covers. apparently, fabric cost twice as much as PVC, plus the removable covers. sigh... its quite a disappointment, but i guess we still hv to go ahead, coz aft speaking to a few shops, they are still the cheapest. if you dun mind display sets, you can visit tis shop near jalan besar called home &amp; decor furniture. its above the building tat houses hoe kee. we actually saw v cheap sets, esp 2-seaters, but we dun like the designs, so din get anything.

rinoa

Hi Pam

So you are the one.....i had wanted to book Fullerton but was told there is one tentative booking and i would have to be on waiting list..hehe...so had no choice but to go westin..

so howz your trip to Bridal Veil??

anyway went to see the Link's bridal show...not too bad designs...though i onlie like one gown.

Will go check out Bridal Veil too....have heard many good things abt them

meow

Leo29,
Yeah, your dad side still consider your side. Since they are your parents. I have no idea too how many tables my dad will ask for. Whenever we talk about this topic, there's bound to be conflicts. I dun want to see the same thing that happen to my sis's wedding last Nov. There were many empty chairs from tables and if these were to add up, can save a table.
sad.gif
Hope my dad will "zhi dong" a bit.

Clyne,
Thanks. I bought paper roses from there too. Cost about 100baht or so.

Are,
Me too looking for sofa with L-shape design. What kind of fabric is your sofa? Leather or jus pure fabric?

Anyone thinking of having ceiling fans in their living room instead of aircon? Any ideas where can i get them? Can't find nice ones without lights and using remote controller.

are

meow... my sofa will be in full fabric, coz we dun like leather. we oso like L-shape, but decided to get a separate long stool so it can be used as additional seats when detached.

are you going to do false ceiling? coz if you are, then you muz be aware tat the ceiling fan will be quite low? my hubby's hse is like tat, &amp; i get damn paranoid when he raises his hands near the fan!
crazy.gif
i've oni seen fans @ lighting shops, maybe you can look thru classifieds or yellow pages?

flowee

kk mei

u mean u aint usin the same pair 4 ps n actual daz???
i think u shd get back the same ht 4 ur shoes else ur gown will b 2 'long' when u use the shorter heel 4 ur ps...
u might hv difficulty walkin ard!!!
juz my thots...

was @ OG albert...
they sure hv many shoes but din c anythin i like...

i was @ tamp yesterdaz 2...
saw this pair of shoe ( nt meant as bridal shoes ) which i like it veri muz durin my bridal shoe search...
was checkin it out @ tamp but in vain!!!
sad.gif

jady

mi on 2 meet up next wk...
happy.gif

yi

mi thot of gettin a closed toe 4 WG n a strappy silver one 4 EG...
the closed toe ones looks veri nice when its match with WG in ps shots...
nt sure if i will get 2 pairs or 1 eventuali...

serene

Hi gals,
Just went to select my EG fabric on Sat..wanted to select lilac color but the other PS EG is light lilac (made of Thai silk) so end up choosing pink instead..just pray that the MTM EG will turn out nice! Keeping my fingers cross.

Just draw out another outstanding list for wedding and housing...still have a lot to prepare!
Hope that everything will be smooth
happy.gif

Monday Blues!!

meow

Are,
The celing fan will be mount on the actual ceiling. Living area only have L-box. I dun quite understand by the long stool. You mean the "L" can be adjusted is it?

maya

Yah, my mom prefer cake vouchers too. No need to lug all that boxesa rd and gives people choices. I think I will follow her instructions than worry abt how relatives feel. I won't get to hear them nag but mom's nagging is much closer!

I went shppg for kitchenware at JL and Tangs recently. Quite a lot of good bargains. Cldn't make it for the Plaza Singapura Courts closure. Heard that a lot of items already sold. Anyone know of anymore sales/bargains? Furniture, electrical stuff....

shook

Hihi Jazz
Welcome back. Gd dat u had a wonderful time in Korea. U bought many many stuff fm Korea?

Hihi Pausini
U chose gown ??
Jia yu on your detox diet

Hihi May
Gd dat your reno is completed. A pain off your neck.
For wat I know, the red cloth is 4 wedding n CNY. I performed shift-in ritual last sat. Start fire wif stove outside the hse. Shift the stove into kitchen and boil water. I put lotus seeds, dried longan, dates and pai he symbolise tian tian mi mi. Cook rice n 2 dishes 4 lunch

pam

Hi Rinoa,
Oops.... I was also quite late actually, when I went to see Elizabeth at Fullerton, she told me that another 2 couples are also looking at the same day (which was the only Sunday left) and they have not made up their minds so I made up my mind to book the ballroom the very next day. But I didn't pay the deposit until quite late coz I didn't have time to see her at the Hotel.
I really like talking to Colin at Bridal Veil and Michelle was also there and she was also very friendly. Although the package is a bit expensive at $4980 but it covers many items and even return all exposures on CD-Rom so I think quite worth it.
According to Colin, I am still very early and I dun have to make up my mind so soon. They only need six months to do up all the gowns and suits.
I think you should go and have a look.

leo29

Are,

Your aunties are very hiong lei. Wah, then Guo Da Li that day must have many ppl at your hse lor? So envy! I don’t think my mum will ask my aunties to come over. They stay very far.

Maybe we wouldn’t do MTM sofa. After discussion with my hb over the wkend, we may just buy a normal 3 seater L shape sofa or maybe just a normal 3 seater sofa becos hb want to buy a standalone chair that can adjust the back. We have delay the purchase till later part becos we want something new we move in. Must take note, sofa most important things is the cushion. Make sure they can make it to the level where you feel comfortable when you seat on it.

Meow,

Photograher, I think not necessary. I suggest to include our dialect. As for those that have MIA, just leave them alone. They may be busy to come into this thread.

My hse has ceiling fans but not with remote. White colour and it's medium size thus look modern. FYI, Picket and Rail have a 3 seater L shape sofa that cost $600+.

twinklets

Hi DK,

Hehe yeah lor so envy…. She’s 1 lucky gal.
happy.gif

Serious ahh .. ? nowadays ang baos cant cover the expenses ahh??
sad.gif

I kinda worry my relatives side.. ‘cos scare they bring all their kids along, then give this miserable ang bao .. &amp; hor not enuff tables.
17893.gif

Yes yes so true when the parents are paying for the banquet.. tendency is their frens will be more than us the wedding couple. Macham like the Male &amp; Female Leading Roles have switched liao.
biggrin.gif

Gals,
Just wanna check – any idea where to get a good &amp; reasonable-priced seamstress for ladies wear? I need to tailor make 1 for my mum during the big day.

Also, I’ll be wearing a 4” heels shoes. Anyone here wearing this height too?? Any idea where to buy off shelf?

Thanks !!

Yup, include Dialect groups in shd be quite good.
Photography also fine for me. But shd be divide into Studio Photography &amp; Actual Day Photography?

Twink|ets ~

pausini

shook: thanks! wah so many things to do what shifting in. i didnt so so much lah. my mum say i have to cook some rice during CNY so we always have rice to eat but i'm too lazy to do so.
So u mean ur hse is ready too? Took some pictures and show us leh.

may: take some pictures and show us too!

maya: u must have got alot of stuffs then. I think i have passed this stages. I dun really dare to get too much things now.

I have a weird idea. I was thinking of making my own bedsheets. get some materials form spotlight and make my own.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

yve

Hey all!

I bought my shoes last weekend at Metro sales. 3 inch stappies with Swaroski crystal by ViVie. nearly 100 after 10% discount. Gng to wear it with both the WG and EG. i think my toenail will grow in time.

Twinlets,
My mom plan to search for something at OG before gng for tailoring. Maybe your bridal does tailoring too?

are

leo29... wun hv many ppl lah, juz 2 aunties frm my dad's side lor. but i hope they wun come, since i'm already the 2nd daughter getting married. save us the trouble to 'entertain' them!

meow... wat i mean is instead of a fixed L, we are going to make a longer footstool. so we can put as an L when we join it to the 3-seater, put it elsewhere as a separate seating (but no backing), or put it parallel to the couch so we both can put our legs on it. hope i'm not still confusing you?

tingting

hi mrs quake, congrats on settling on your bridal package!
happy.gif

me just visited my flat at punggol on sat..quite happy with the finishings of the flat..can't wait to collect my keys..
proud.gif

twinklets

Yve,
where's Vivie? &amp; ur shoes how muz??
Btw issit difficult to get a 4" heels??

OG dresses nice??? Yup maybe juz browse aro OG .. maybe Celia Loh? hahaa maybe Celia Loh too corporate liao ...
crazy.gif

I want her to wear cheongsam, but she dun want .. say wear only once very wasteful.... but cheongsam looks so elegant for women @ her age.... hmmm ..

twink|ets ~

twinklets

Gals,

just curious, roughly how many tables from your father's side &amp; Mother's side?
Mine is 7 from father's , &amp; 5 from Mother's.

U gals?

twink|ets ~

amore

twinklets... mine.. for both my parents max 7... think if really wanna cover ur banquet expenses.. invite more frens.. coz normally frens know the "market rate"..

yve

twinlets,
vivie is a brand at metro. bought at $98. :p yeah, it is quite difficult to get 4 inch, unless it is platforms..

M

mrs

Hi tingting!

I really glad that I finalisedon the package. Dang will be taking my measurements this Sat for my gowns. My PS is on 18 June cos FH is a teacher and prefers to get stuff done during holidays.

Congrats on your collection of house key. I suppose you are sourcing for reno quotes already. I'm also staying in Punggol - Punggol Field actually.

leo29

Twinklets,

Tailor, sorry cannot help you. Me also intend to bring my mum to OG first. If really cannot find then go to tailor. I also looking at 4” shoe. Saw some at Tang and Metro, open toe. That time just look at the design so never check the heels height.

Should be Mother’s side five and father side two. My parent are not going to invite their friends. Old timer thinking lah, daughther marry not nice to invite frds.

Yve,

So fast…., you bought your shoe already.

Ladies,

I think not all invitation from our parent mean our hb pay, only those table that our parent request during Ti Qing. And those tables request are mostly for our relatives. It’s not fair to ask our hb to pay for their frds, rite? What is your opinion if instead of our relatives giving Ang Bao to our parent(gals side table) all Ang Bao we keep. As for parent, we pay them base on per table banquet price. Eg 10 tables(Parent request) x $800/table = $8000.

akira

as for myself, my parents have indicated that they would require 7 tables for relatives and frens. However, they are not going to take the ang baos from us.. meaning basically they are not asking for anything except for sufficient places for relatives. Nevertheless, hubby decided that he is going to pay for the 7 tables but we have not told them yet.anyway according to my mum, even during their time, my maternal grandma didn't ask anything from my dad so they are doing the same too.in their words, they are marrying their daughter, not selling. anyway, I will be contributing $$ to them even after marriage so I guess tats part of repaying them for bringing me up.

anyway have set aside about $6K to cover for losses just in case..

btw how much are you all budgeting for ang baos to give helpers? I'm not sure what is the market rate now. dun want to be seen as stingy.. :p but also dun want to be too show-off...though since its all going to close frens and relatives dun really mind giving a bit more.

amore

my parents oso not inviting frens... only our immediate relatives...like my dad's brothers and sisters and my mum's brother... and all my cousins..

leo... my mum say we can keep all the ang baos... and i dun expect my hubby to pay for the banquet.. unless he's super rich... we pay half half... using our savings in our join account... same for our wedding band etc...

amore

akira.. being ah yee for two of my good frens.. one gave $20..not including the ang bao we extort from the groom... the bride and groom parents each gave us $12.... my hubby was the driver for one of the ah yee car... he was given $30 more... then another one.. no ang bao... but a gift...

amore

but the one that gave $20 hor... becoz she have alot of ah yees and xiong di... almost the whole youth group from our church.. so maybe she deen give more...

fishball

hi Serene,
yalor Mon blues... c, still no ppl post liao today...

yr MTM shd be nice lah!, Lilac colour is special leh, not many ppl can suit that colour. U like the colour v much huh? Haha.. we r going 2 tease u some more liao, pink sure is good choice for you leh... cos u got good 'wifey' looks! Juz kidding n teasing u lah.. dun mind hor.... ;P

twinklets

yve,
wow kinda out of my budget.. 4"- platforms? eeekk.. dun like platforms.. think i can only shop aro for 3"++ liao ..

Leo29, if u able to find any 4", pls update me where u got it hor. Thanks!!
happy.gif

Amore, Leo,
So good!!! your relatives side only so little. My side here is aro 12 tables, FH's side aro there too. Sucks man ..
sad.gif
I myself only got 5 tables, FH's too. Think i'm trying to tell my parents to invite lesser important relatives. No point inviting so many when i'm the 3rd gal marry out mah.
sad.gif

Think my headache will come when we gotta finalize the name list.

I think .. during the Ti Qing, FH will give my side maybe 5 tables. Let say total I got 18 tables (incl my frens).
Then 18-5 = 13 tables. My side here will pay for 13 tables. I will pay my own # of tables, &amp; my parents will pay for their own frens/relatives etc.

Is tat how u gals do?

twink|ets ~

fishball

hi 1027,
Rembr I went 2 the wedding exh at national museum? Well, it's quite a big exh (compared to others in the museum), showcasing the traditional wedding customs of our 5 races + Jewish + peranakan. There r exhibits of old wedding clothes, items used in wedding rituals, how they used to propose, etc... There's even a room where u can try on diff wedding costumes n hv yr pic taken (but I guess it's only during the day). Quite a nice exh 2 visit, esp' since it's free every Fri, 6-9pm.

So anyone been 2 the Romancing S'pore exh at Taka or wherever?

tingting

hey mrs quake, you're indeed moving very fast! it's better to get things done earlier.
happy.gif

actually i haven't gotten my keys yet..i sort of "traspassed" into my own house?! I just went to the site and entered my flat when it's not locked.. :p I'll be staying at Punggol Drive. Think it won't be far from your place!

twinklets

Actually hor my frens all dun practise giving angbaos/gifts (not the extortion part $$)for us ah yees... hmmmm .. no leh ..
17901.gif
, so gues we may follow suit lor. Already so broke liao at the end of the day.. think my frens will understand. haha we so kiam.
biggrin.gif

amore

twinklets.. har 7 tables for oni close relatives u call little ah?.. hehe my dad come from a big family with 9 siblings including him!... during CNY siong man!... avg 30 to 40 ang baos to give my cousins who are not married + their gf/bf and nephews and nieces.. haha maybe CNY go tour then dun need give ang bao...

are

my side will work tis way - dad will collect all angbaos from his guests, then pay us the remainder tables in the form of a token sum. so out of his 13 tables, he will be paying for 7 tables, but not exactly the cost of each table, up to him to give. he gave more to my sis the other time coz the angbao was quite a lot. see my luck lor! ;P hubby side will hv est 10 tables, we will be paying for those, so i hope the angbaos come back to us.

as for angbao for ah yees, i think i used to get $12 - $28 for the few times i was ah yee. but the last time i got more coz i was oso MC. think we might give tat amt oso.