Singaporebrides | Editors' Notes
Wedding Wishes and Blessings: What to Write on Your Wedding Ang Bao or Guestbook
Writer’s block–we all get it, especially when it comes to a significant message like your wedding wishes to your friend or family! We have some examples of beautiful wedding blessings to inspire you.
You’re preparing a red packet full of your blessings for the happy couple, but you’re having writer’s block when it comes to the wedding wishes. What to write on the wedding ang bao? The perfect wedding wish is sweet, congratulatory, and personalised to the couple. It expresses your sincere wish for their wedding to be the start of a long and happy marriage. For closer friends and family, your wedding wishes will be more personal, and may include a funny quote or anecdote. Whether you’re crafting the perfect marriage wishes for a colleague or your best friend, here are some examples and love quotes to inspire you.
Timeless Wedding Wishes
For colleagues or business associates, or even a relative, you want to stick to timeless and traditional wedding wishes with an appropriate tone, while keeping the message short and sweet. Here are some examples:
- Congratulations on your marriage! May it be full of love and joy.
- Best wishes on your wedding day.
- We wish you all the best as you enter this joyful union.
- May the joy of today light all of your years ahead.
- May today be the beginning of a wonderful journey together.
- Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.
- May your marriage be even more beautiful than your wedding.
Casual Wedding Wishes
For friends, feel free to write more casual wedding wishes on your ang bao or when you sign their wedding guestbook. It’s okay to write a short and simple message, but do say something nice and include your wish for the couple’s future. Here are some examples:
- Congrats! We’re so happy for you!
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness!
- Here’s to a long and happy marriage!
- So happy to celebrate your wedding day with you! Congrats!
- And so your adventure begins.
Wedding Wishes for a New Family Member
When attending a family member’s wedding, you can express your warm welcome to the new spouse in your wedding wishes to the couple. Here are some examples:
- We’re so happy to welcome you into the family! Best wishes to you both.
- Congratulations on your marriage, and welcome to the family!
- What a wonderful addition to the family! Our heartfelt wishes for a long a happy future together.
- We’re so happy [name] has found The One. Welcome to the family!
Wedding Wishes for Your Sibling and New In-Law
For someone so close as your sister or brother, your wedding wishes can be very personal and include a childhood anecdote or a favourite moment together. You’ll have your own fond memories to draw on, of course, but here are some examples for inspiration:
- I always wanted a brother/sister and now I get one. I’m so glad you two found each other!
- You’ve always been my best friend, and today I couldn’t be happier to share that spot with someone who makes you so happy. Congratulations!
- I’m so thankful to have a brother/sister like you! Lots of love to you and your new wife/husband!
- Finally, I get the bathroom to myself and someone else can shout at you to hurry up in the mornings! Congratulations on your wedding day, and all my love and best wishes for a long and happy marriage.
- Today I gain another sibling! My biggest congratulations to you both and deepest wishes for a marriage filled with love and happiness.
Funny Wedding Wishes
If you and the couple are very close and you know they’d get a laugh out of some funny wedding wishes, have fun with them! A written joke could come across the wrong way though, so exercise a little caution and refrain from things that could be perceived as insulting, such as jokes about how long it took the couple to get married or find a partner, or jokes that are derogatory about marriage. Here are some examples of funny wedding wishes and quotes:
- Marriage is a walk in the park—Jurassic Park.
- Always pick each other, pick your battles, and pick up your socks.
- You two go together like kaya and butter.
- Congrats on your Facebook status update!
- Congratulations on finding that one special person to annoy the rest of your life.
- It’s now the two of you against the rest of us!
Happy and Positive Marriage Quotes
Feel free to draw on quotes to add meaning and significance to your wedding wishes, especially if you haven’t been married yourself! Here are some happy and positive quotes about marriage, which are sure to inspire fuzzy feelings:
- “A successful marriage involves falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.” – Franz Schubert
- “To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.” – Mark Twain
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
- “When you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – When Harry Met Sally
- “Happily ever after is not a fairy tale. It’s a choice.” – Fawn Weaver
- “The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.” – Fawn Weaver
- “A good marriage is each for the other and two against the world.” – Robert Brault
We hope you’ve found our wedding wish examples inspiring. Whatever wedding wish you end up writing on your ang bao or wedding card, just know that as long as your message is heartfelt and offers the couple your blessings on their union, they’ll feel your love!
Feature image from Betsy and Gideon’s Intimate Wedding at COMO Cuisine by Trouve.
All content from this article, including images, cannot be reproduced without credits or written permission from SingaporeBrides.