Yvonne Creative

anpanman

Hi Gerchea,
better think of a good stop for your changing of gowns. You wouldn't want to be changing at any public toilets right?! Recommend toilets of any hotel that's along the way of your PS locations. Anyway, enjoy your PS!!! And YES you are right... most of the poses are "DIRECTED" by photographer ... we dun have much say (Dun know what to say ..heehee..)

angelight

Hi Minssy,
Thanks for the advice. Do you have any AD photographer to recomend?

What is a good budget?

Hi Babe Monster,
I heard YC service is better than Z Wedding. So I chose YC over Z Wedding. But it really depends on what you want. Each BS have different speciality I guess.

anpanman

Hi Angelight,

my AD photographer is quite good. He is not the arty farty type, but All photos taken are sharp & clear & decent. That's what I prefer. And his charges is really reasonable for his level of PG skills. Approx. $500-$600 incl of 300 4R prints. He's Mr Beh, HP is 96237942.

windcloud03

Hi gerchea,

MS? Hmm...I am not the party type but I guess the architectural style there is enticing. Keno did mention that if it really starts to drizzle, probably we can move indoors (TOUCH WOOD). Any nature stuff at MS, I really not sure..haha... grass and leaves?

chobits_lek

Hi Angelight,
I also got keno. But going for photoshoot oni in feb. Actually I like Sky works better, but heard that he no longer take photos for couple but only doing touchup.

Hi Ladies,
Got an embrassing and stupid qns to ask. Do you all usually wear bra inside your EG??? thinking of getting those nude bra to wear to feel more secure. Anyone noes where I can get??

patek

Hi Ladies,

Sorry been busy the last few days, oni got time to check my email today.

Thanks Kori & Gladys for sending me your lovely pictures. U ladies look good!

In fact after the trip to YC, I am impressed with their gown, but then... my FH dun like the way their photo is taken, and somehow he is not very comfortable with them, so I think... likely I cant sign up with them.

minssy

hi korisuisho,

i finally have time to view your pics.. its very very nice! i think your poses are daring and very 'you' and modern.. super cool!

your gowns turned out fantastic so no worries okie? ok i can now imagine the flowers thingy u mentioned :p

angelight

Hi Minssy and Anpanman,
Thanks for the advice! Really appreciate it. I will have to explore further due to your advice
happy.gif

Hi Chobits,
May I ask why did you take Keno? Is it someone from YC recomend?

korisuisho

Hi Minssy,

Thanks for your compliments! Anyway, now waiting to see my layout only.. dunno when it'll be done.

Hi Chobits,

For those with bare, but not low back, yup, you can wear bra, I wore mine for my WG ;p bo pian, no assets like minssy and tweety.. envy...

ha ha..

minssy

hi kori,

ok since your time is soo short, remember to do the layout with sky.. then u gotta go down another time to view the touched up pics.. at that point of time, you are not allowed to change the layout (they say one) so do try to finalise your layout when you are supposed to do so yah
happy.gif

chobits_lek

Hi Angelight,
Was given to choose between Alex and Keno. My coordinator let us see the photos that they have taken. In the end me and my hubby choose keno.

Hi Minssy,
So if inside got padding then no need to wear la... hehehe....

Hi Korisuisho,
I also don have assets.=) but think will see after the first time trying. hehee... your photos are very nice. Like the swing one a lot. You really noe how to pose for photos. envy...

babe_monster

Hi angelight and all,

So most of you all have engage an external PG for your PS? Will it be cheaper or about the same price? I also tot of engaging an external PG for my PS if I decide to sign up with YC... :)

babe_monster

Hi angelight and all,

So most of you all have engage an external PG for your PS? Will it be cheaper or about the same price? I also tot of engaging an external PG for my PS if I decide to sign up with YC... :)

mehmeh_lim

hi ladies,

i'm back fr Perth (2nd HM) & the thread really got active ah? heehee, keep it going! Will have to catch-up later this evening.

hi Kori,

Had a glimpse at ur pix, i like the OD WG with the vertically pleated chiffon. Was hoping to use tt for my OD PS, but it prob was still a new gown then.. heehee!

so all this pix in ur album? Or u got back the soft-copy & using some for the album? Think u did the right thing, the 4Rs & small albums are quite redundant.. But tt's IMHO
happy.gif

Jia you.. Ur wedding is coming right up!!

hi ger ren yu!

it's u! Gosh!!! hahah, u did pop in here long time back! heehee, so glad u had a lovely wedding & how's the HM? gotta catch-up, but here's prob going to be tough yah?

mehmeh_lim

hi chobits

I didn't wear any bra or N*bra, tt's the one u're referring to. I rather have less assets & feel comfortable than to worry abt whether it shows, slips or anything of the likes.. heehee, but if u wear the original N*bra, then u need no have padding. Better to get the original, the rest being spoofs dun have tt great a quality, i've heard
happy.gif

Hi A&B

Marina South does have greenery. Have seen a portfolio of Chris Ling's taken at MS, with the tall pine trees. Def different fr lallang shots, so u can give it a shot..

hi Patek

So sad u wun be joining us here
sad.gif
But i'm sure u wld find the ideal BS with great gowns, photography & comfy budget too. All the best!

Had a fairly gd time in Perth.. heehee, thx for the well-wishes

hi gerchea

Why the need to change ur nick?? Anyway i think it's going to be so cool & unique to have PS done in Mohd Sultan.. Any reason why there? Ur hangout place or place u met FH? heehee (KPO here ah?)

Hi Josl & Minssy

I didn't get word tt josl is going into semi-retirment ah?? hahah, she needs bonus issit? or i cld always have many pay increases in 1 year for her.. hahah

Hi babe monster

I had Keno as my PS PG too.. I found him rather gd, but i had communicated with him on my concepts of the PS at each location & the whole storyline of the album. He delivered!! I guess fr the reviews of frens & relatives, they liked the pix coz it wasn't the usual frontal shots where couples smile widely & all.

Bottom line, for whichever PG u do take up with, u need to communicate on how ur want ur album to be like. The theme, the locations, ur storyline (if any)

ammy_world

Hi ladies,
had my trial makeup yesterday with dily - and she's really a hip mummy!
happy.gif

Anpanman - no worries about the photos, i understand
happy.gif

Gladys - thanks for your pics
happy.gif
Dropped you comments and need your comments too!
happy.gif

Hi Patek, Sorry for my reply about sending you pics. All the best in your BS choice!

meh meh - thanks for your mail! FH was suggesting that it might be too much of a trouble to go down and just get ampoules. Dily said for the PS, can take hers (ampoules for me + FH, eyelash and lids for $65) Is that still considered expensive? Quite tempted to just be lazy...hehehe... BTW, need help with comments on EG. Dropped you email....

Which part of perth did you go? Studied there so I had wonderful memories of the place!
happy.gif

Cheers, ammy

ammy_world

Hi ladies,
had my trial makeup yesterday with dily - and she's really a hip mummy!
happy.gif

Anpanman - no worries about the photos, i understand
happy.gif

Gladys - thanks for your pics
happy.gif
Dropped you comments and need your comments too!
happy.gif

Hi Patek, Sorry for my reply about sending you pics. All the best in your BS choice!

meh meh - thanks for your mail! FH was suggesting that it might be too much of a trouble to go down and just get ampoules. Dily said for the PS, can take hers (ampoules for me + FH, eyelash and lids for $65) Is that still considered expensive? Quite tempted to just be lazy...hehehe... BTW, need help with comments on EG. Dropped you email....

Which part of perth did you go? Studied there so I had wonderful memories of the place!
happy.gif

Cheers, ammy

mrslardo

Hi all...
i am quite impressed by the good critics of Yvonne Creative. juz wondering hows their photography? cos i was thinking of getting chris ling..

mehmeh_lim

hi Ammy

Got ur mail.. Reply u shortly yah?
Dily's really great rite? heehee, u looked all so pleased with what she did for u

Went to Perth City & then sight-see several places (Bussleton, Mammoth Cave, Lighthouse, Magaret River & Fremantle). Didn't travel out too much coz ours is part F&E, so didn't rent a car. Did head out to the suburbs, Cannington, to do some gd shopping at Westfield Carousel.

hi Lynn,

I think the best gauge is to check out the albums at YC itself. U get to view portfolios of the 3 photographers & decide whether u like the style of the photographers.

If u're concerned abt budget but want Chris Ling's style, i guess u cld communicate verbally & pictorially ur ideas to the PG. Gd PGs wld take in ur ideas & work to deliver them, instead of sticking to what their comfy with. Ultimately it's ur album, so u shd have the last say on the theme

huiling

hallo mehmeh! I just came back from honeymoon today too! looks like you have a great job in this forum haha, popping in here to answer queries the moment ya back! Honeymoon was great! decided to give Europe a miss and opted for something closer home- Bali and Bangkok. went to two places for the beach, food and shopping.

will share AD photos once it is ready!

Yo angelight! told you $500 abit low for AD photography liao, see your YC friends agree too! up it higher, can get better ones, unless DY feels that photography doesn't matter. DK feels the same way too, I tell you, it runs in the family!

mehmeh_lim

hi girl ren yu,

u're back today as well! heehee, gd job in this forum ah? now's the hols, so i can pop in much more regularly.

U cld always go Europe later on.. Was very much hoping to go BKK this Dec too, but have been going there too much. If we had gone, it wld be our 3rd trip since Dec 2004.

Ur advice to Angelight is sound. $500 can be rather low, unless they are freelancers & one really like their works. I think photography is so much more impt than VG, a pix shd certainly speak a thousand words whereas VG wld often include too much words (ie, talking) tt distracts the whole beauty of the wedding & the moment.

Ur AD pix were done by ur colleague or the guy who was also going ard?

mehmeh_lim

hihi Josl,

U getting old, rusty & fat??
336707.gif
u're really tickling me with tt statement lah. U cannot retire k? Gladys is going to get bz oredi

josl

hi mehmeh,

really mah, my brain getting rusty,i am gg older next yr and i am seriously gaining wt!i am ard loh,pop in when somebody calls for me heehee

asura

Hi everyone!

Wow! Long time since i drop by, there are so many messages that I dont have the time to finish reading.

Just had my church wedding on 3 Dec 05. My MUA is Sandy but on my church wedding day, she was not able to do the make-up for me so her sis, selina, did the make-up for me. Really very natural, received a lot of compliments on the make-up and hairstyle.

My PS had also just passed, done by Sky. He let me view the unedited outdoor photos, not too bad. Cant wait to view the edited photos. Sky has plenty of ideas for photo shoot though we din really like it that he hard-sell even b4 we view the photos. We think if the pix are really nice, there is no need to hard sell. Not sure if the rest of you, who had your PS taken, got the same treatment.

Sandy was my MUA for the PS. Am not able to tell whether she would be as good as her sis cos PS make-up is so much thicker. Anyway, dont think they would go too wrong about it.

By the way, want to check, when would we get the softcopy of the photos we select?

mehmeh_lim

hi Josl,

Hahah, my brain also getting rusty liao.. Super tired esp since i had to wake up at 0450 to get to the airport. U better make ur package with the gym worthwhile, time to head there liao lor..

U're really the reliable secretary huh?
kao_wink.gif

mehmeh_lim

hi Asura,

Indeed it has been a long time since we last heard fr u! Hope u had a beautiful wedding.. Wait a min, ur wedding is exactly 3 mths after mine.. *wink*

I guess at the end of the day, u're the client & u decide how many pix u do want. So dun get too bothered by how they entice u with the pix. For PS, the MU wld be thicker, but u're right, we all went thru tt bit & the pix turned out fine
happy.gif

U cld either wait for the edited/touched-up pix to be approved by u & then get the soft-copy or when u select them, take them in their raw form. It's ur call on this

Any pix of ur big day to share?
happy.gif

josl

hi mehmeh,

yeah also lazy lah,then u better go to sleep early since u woke up so so early this morning!

hi asura,

long time we din hear fr u,ur church wedding over and ur pics not ready yet?if i not wrong ur AD is next yr?

asura

Hi Mehmeh,

Got to wait a while for the pix, need to transfer the photos first. Probably next week. Then got to find out how to put the photos on website so that i can share more..
happy.gif

Forgot to mention that my PS got no sunset photos as there was no sun that day,

angelight

Hi Chobits,
Are you refering to Actual Day photos to be taken by Keno? I think you are refering to Photoshoot right? I hope to have comments on AD photos by Keno. Anyone?

Hi Babe Monster,
My package is the basic package which includes photoshoot. I am not sure if there is a package that does not include photoshoot. This you will have to check with YC. I was refering to Actual Day Photography.

Hi everyone,
Anyone took AD photos under YC package? Please advice.

Hi Huiling and Mei Mei,
Thanks for the advice, looks like have to burn a hole in the pocket..or omit VG just like huiling..still looking around.

Mei Mei, how did you find BIG DAY STUDIO? How much was your package and what did it comprise of?

chobits_lek

Hi Mehemeh,
Think I will went to see how on the first fitting before i went to get the bra... hehhee... was a bit shocked that it will fall off.... better be careful then
kao_biggrin.gif
Cannot imagine if mine fall off....

Hi Angelight,
Sorry for the mistake. I taken Keno only for PS. As for AD photographer, I haven taken back my ROM photographer which I think its value for money lor.

mehmeh_lim

hi Asura,

Suresure, will def wait in eager anticipation. So the gown for the church wedding was OTR yah?

hi josl,

Asura's wedding is kinda complicated. She had her ROM & church together, but her customary wld be next year. I rem there was a strong reason for this arrangement, but it just doesnt come to mind leh

hi Angelight,

heyhey, dun think of spending on a PG as burning a hole in the pocket. If u do think abt it, since u're spending ard $3k for the BS, tt money for the AD PG is really going to be a small fraction only. Also gotta rem, the AD is the only time to capture those beautiful memories, u can't have a re-enactment yah? So if u've gotta splurge on anything for the wedding, i think the AD photography's the thing.

I can't really rem the package details of Big Day Studio. U can contact Yow Siang of BDS & mention tt u were referred to by me. Ask if u cld get the same deal & price.. He shd be more than willing, coz he's a bro-in-Christ too & Soo Jin's churchmate

If u check out the pix in my Multiply, tt shd give u a gd idea on how Yow Siang's style is.. I like my AD pix alot!

U cld check out Josl's AD photographer.. He's quite gd & price is reasonable too. Wanted to engage him, but he was already taken

hi Chobits,

No tt the N*bra wld fall off, but the spoofs may slip off. Anyway the padding for the gowns do come in different sizes, i guess if u want to look fuller u can request for sthg bigger & thicker?? Just a thot..

huiling

hallo mehmeh, I engaged Hurricadia to do my AD photography. will be getting back my photos today or tom. My colleague also takes the photos for her interest. photography is her hobby
happy.gif

hallo angelight, photography is chao impt to me, so I wouldn't want to settle anything less. so think it through lah. actually videography is also very nice, depending on who is your videographer and how the stuff is edited. I did not get VG in the end cuz it was too last minute (one week before the wedding!), and by then we have burst our budget for everything. Decide on a budget first, easier to eliminate your options, else too many PG and VG around, confusing.

asura

Hi Josl,

yup... Church wedding cum ROM is on 3 Dec 05 while my customary wedding is on 24 Jun 06. Many reasons behind this:
1) I dont want church wedding to be on the same day as customary wedding (too much work)
2) We thought that ROM have to be by end of Dec cos of HDB rules (din know it was so flexible, by the time we knew, everything was confirmed so cant be bothered to change)
3) My grandma passed away less than 3 years ago so not allowed to have a customary wedding until next yr
4) Din want to have 3 separate wedding dates
5) wanted ROM to be soemthing special

Very longwinded hor.. hee hee

asura

Hi mehmeh,

Getting my photos from Yow Siang later.. so excited...
happy.gif

All my gowns are OTR... Feng Jie is very nice, she selected all the brand new gowns for me to try. A pity she din let me take PS with my church wedding gown so my album would only have my AD gown..
sad.gif
quite miss the gown... all my friends and relatives said that the gown was lovely. Show you next week.

Meanwhile, just want to check with you. Does Yahoo! has any file limit to store photos?

mehmeh_lim

hi girl ren yu,

I just cant think of why u selected this nick leh.. Nothing rings a bell! hahah

Oh Hurricadia, heard gd reviews.. So exciting!! Must share with us k? Hmm, if i really do move into wedding planning maybe can ask ur colleague if she wld like to take on more freelance jobs.. heheh, wld she consider going into professional photography?

Hi Josl,

hahah, now u got Asura's explanation.. I rem it was quite alot of details!

Hi Asura,

Oooh, i hope u're pleased with Yow Siang's works.. I liked them alot, esp my B&W ones. He just delivered them so well

Eh, i'm abit confused.. If ur AD gown was also OTR, then why can they be used in the PS?? Anyway since u liked the gowns very much & had gd reviews, heheh, u shd be very happy hor? I miss my WG too.. I wanted so much to buy, but really no purpose in doing so

Yupz, yahoo does have limited storage.. Not tt huge a space. Can try others... Fotopic.net is quite gd

josl

hi asura79,

thanks for the clear explanations.Coz i tot usu church weddings will usu accompany with wedding dinner.Gd to put it on separate days, not so rush on the AD next june also..

Hi mehmeh,

yeah..so much details, now i got the picture.:0

patek

Hi mehmeh,

Great to hear that you had a wonderful time in Perth.

Ya... a pity i cant join YC... despite I do love their gown, but their PS is not within what my FH is looking at... he pretty particular abt it. Got to respect his decision on that...

Ya, I have faith, God will provide for us the prefect BS which meets our need. meanwhile, we are still searching for the venue for our church wedding... haiz... that is the most difficult part... haha... outdoor scare of too hot... indoor must look for those with air-con haha... we tot of Chijmes... but their prices put us off... as some places which is pretty good too have nice setting too.

Hi Amy,

Is ok... no worries abt it... thanks for your well wishes...

mehmeh_lim

hi Josl,

hahah, so ur brain not rusty ah? gdgd... cannot retire lah, u more free to do housekeeping leh

hi Patek,

Thanks! Did enjoy myself in Perth

Oh def, photography is impt too.. By faith, i'm sure u wld find one tt satisfies u & ur FH. Anyway this whole wedding preps is a gd opp for u & FH to know each other on a deeper level such as decision making & how u guys sort things out, ie communication

Can consider TTC if u dun mind it being in Bt Timah. Or Holy Grace Presbyterian Church in East coast. Quite nice venues & i think shdn't be tt ex. Chijmes is too commercial & pricey IMHO..

God bless ur search!

josl

hi mehmeh,

i wonder shld i do housekeeping and del the pple that doesnt come in fr the chart..opps dunno when the 2 newbies AD is even heehee