Yvonne Creative

kaylin

halloz,

I am a YC bride too. Is this thread still alive? was wondering if anyone knows how long YC takes to tailor make a mens suit, and a cheongsam? thanks.

cin

Hi Kaylin,

I think it is better to call Yvonne up and ask her. You have their number?

Hi Silver,
Yup, at beach road. At The Plaza, which is an office building connected to the Plaza hotel. Can walk in through the hotel.

cin

Hi Silver,

You can follow some of the messages in this archive/thread. Do you have any specific questions? I think yvonne has two packages. One for MTM gowns and one off the rack. If i am not mistaken, think one is $3588 and the other is $2788.

So far, i am very happy with YC. I took the $3588 MTM package. Let me know if you have any concerns, would be happy to give you my feedback from the point of a fellow customer
happy.gif

silver

Hi Cin,

Thanks for your sharing. Read some of the postings, you must be very satisfied with their services and result
happy.gif

Actually I signed up with YC few years back wif my x-bf. I ve completely forgotten abt it until last yr they called me but I wasn't really planning for mine yet so didn't bother until today I saw this thread. Ve forgotten what kind of package I ve signed. Called them this evening and was told to go down and they will check for me. Dunno would they agreed to let me make any changes to the package
sad.gif

xrystal

Hi Kaylin,

happen to see your input.

If you are thinking about making a cheongsam, you could also consider Ted Collection at bugis junction. Unless, it's part of your bridal package.

Making a men's suit isn't long. they can rush it out for you as long as they have taken your measurements. from what I remember, mine took only about 2weeks.

silver

Hi gals,

Would appreciate if YC brides or BTB could help me with the following :

1) I realised in YC package men suit is OTR. Did anyone managed to neg to MTM?

2) The package comes with 20" x 24" portrait photo. Thinking of changing to photos for album. Any idea how many can I change to?

3) Just wondering is there still a need for 3R photos? Anyone try changing the 36pcs 3R photos to album photo?

Thanks.

cin

Hi Silver,

1) Which package did you sign up with for YC? ours is the $3588 one, that comes with a MTM wedding gown, a MTM evening gown which can take back, and a MTM suit (but only pants can take back). We topped up money to upgrade material of suit, and to take back.

2) Think it is best if you call YC or ask Yvonne directly. I'm sure this is negotiable.

3) For us, we were also wondering what the 3r photos are for. We were told they would make good gifts/souveniers to give our friends ie. something like postcards. If i am not mistaken, I think 36pcs of 3r is equaivalent to one table top 8X10.

But i think the best would be to contact Yvonne directly and ask her, cause i think your package is slightly different (few years ago and now, definitely got difference in the items inside the package)

silver

Hi Cin,

My package comes with the following :

- MTM WG & EG
- Gent's suit OTR, pants MTM to keep
- Tea dress OTR
- Bridal make up (4 items)
- Fresh flower bridal bouquet, corsagel
- Bridal's car + driver
- Car deco
- Indoor & outdoor studio (2 locations)
- 12" x 15" : 15pcs with album
- 20" x 24" portrait photo (can exchange to 4 pcs of 12" x 15" photo)
- 8R table top
- 3R photos : 36pcs (6 poses)
- 5R mini album : 21pcs

I called Yvonne. She said can change if I don't want certain thing but she suggested to wait till I see the photo then decide. My concern is the package only comes with 15pcs 15R and I may end up paying alot for extra photos.

Btw, when did you have your wedding cos I heard YC (cannot remember it's the designer or photographer) has went over to wedding news.

cin

Hi Silver,

Yvonne is the boss of YC so don't think she has gone anywhere
happy.gif
you might be referring to the other designer, a young girl, can't remember her name or the previous photographer Dean.

My wedding is June this year. When we booked package, i requested for Yvonne to design my gowns, and not the other designer which the sales rep was recommending, cause i preferred Yvonne's style and also, she is the boss mah, won't leave the company...

Hmm...think you might want to go down and discuss with Yvonne about the 15pcs of 15R. Our package comes with 22 pcs, which i think is the standard for now. But yours was booked some time ago, so maybe back then, 15 was the standard? better check with her... photos definitely must top up, just depends how many lor

make an appointment, go down and discuss with her... don't worry lah, i'm sure you will be satisfied with their service
happy.gif

silver

Hi Cin,

Thanks for your assurance. Ok will make appt to go down and also like to take a look at their gowns. Btw, is your photo been taken by Dean or new photographer?

Thanks ya!

cin

Hi Silver,

When we signed up the package last year, Dean was the photographer then. We were quite pleased with his works which we were shown. But this year, about a few months before our photoshoot, we found out that Dean had left and that Xiao Cai is now the photographer.

We were quite skeptical at first, as Xiao Cai did not have much of a portfolio to show. But after seeing some of his works, realised that his style somewhat comparable to Dean. Our photoshoot and photos turned out ok, so you can fang xin that Xiao Cai will try his best to ensure he does a good job
happy.gif

silver

Hi Cin,

I am more fang xin now. When I was there last week, I saw some of their recent photos, quite nice but did not get to see their gown. Think will make appt with Yvonne to see their gowns and try to see if can neg the package cos already signed so dunno if she will allow me to. Generally I am quite ok with the package except only 15pcs of 15R
blush.gif

tee

Hi ! all YC brides, my wedding just over and i was very happy because many of my friends comment that my hair style and make up was very nice :) thumbs up for Dily ! she is my make up artist ! SUPER !

silver

Hi gals,

Like to check YC has how many make up artists and photographers? Who would you gals recommend? Btw, I am been served by Minni - is she new there?

cookiemz

Hi silver,

There are 2 photographers at YC, Xiao Cai and LeeLee.

Makeup artists.. think there are several, but so far I have only met Dily and Minnie. Try and get Dily to do your makeup, she's highly recommended
happy.gif

silver

Hi cookiemz,

Thanks cookiemz. So for photographer, I guess Xiao Cai is more popular? Cos I read some gals talking abt it
happy.gif

B

blur_like_sotong

Hi gals,

juz want to find out from u gals on the following things:

1) when is ur 1st fitting after u have discuss the evening gown design with Yvonne??
2) how long before ur actual wedding day that u take ur PS?? and how long do they take to produce the album??
3) do u have to call them to arrange for the fitting appt or they would call u??

Sorry for all these questions. Juz want to know whether I am too "excited" on this whole wedding preparation process....

knowing

Hi silver
I am a Feb's 03 YC brides....if you need any comments, I am most willing to help
happy.gif

I seldom comment unless Needed hee
I have 4 gfs also with YC, nw only left 2 who are still in the midst of preparation for their big event
happy.gif

Hi blur

answers to yr questions
1. around 1mth if i am nt wrong
2. i took PS on Dec photos came out on Feb bt mini album nt ready so better take early
3. they called me to arrange fitting
bt jus in case they didn't call better take initiative cos ample time is better than shorter time

silver

Hi knowing,

Thanks for yor offer! So are you happy with YC service/gowns/photo? I signed up with YC couple of yrs back but just realised that previous photographer Dean is no longer there so abit unsure of their present 'standard'. Did went down to YC 2 weeks back to see what's my package but did not manage to see their gowns. Like to find out more b4 going down again.

S

sept 03 bride

Hi all,
just had my 1st fitting like 1 wk ago...but was abit shocked to find that i cun fit into the WG... opps
tot that i had put on weight, but turn out that the tailor had actually made an error... but luckily there is still time to amend so not so bad..but anyway i hv confidence in them that everything will turn out fine...
Minnie was very helpful. As i'm a big size bride, she realli had a hard time trying to find gowns which i could fit in. Appreciate her help
happy.gif

Good work :D

knowing

Hi Silver

hmm so far i am happy with their service i have to admit that!

they are v flexible imagine I have chosen 2 WGs for my PS bt before my actual wedding day I change my mind & choose another gown & they allow me to do that, i think other bridal won't be that accomodating, so i think if u have any needs or requests they usually will try to help

the only thing i think nt perfect is that my album takes a longer time than i expected to be ready maybe becos i took my ps late n also due to the CNY break....

my photos are by Xiao cai
so far v please w photos n even break my promise of nt developing additional photos
happy.gif

ha ha

if u visit them ask them to show u the gowns inside the room, those display outside are usually nt nice ones

& I agree DILY is a v good makeup artiste thumbs up for her makeup & hairdo
happy.gif

silver

Hi sep 03 bride & knowing,

sep,
I am served by minnie too. Ve you had your trial make up? Dily seems to be highly recommeneded so wondering should I change from minnie to dily.

knowing,
I am glad to ve assurance from you cos I read some gals complaining that xiao cai photo not very sharp so kind of worried. Do you face this problem?

As I mentioned, I was been served by minnie when I went down 2 weeks, would it be not so nice if I switch to dily? Btw, are we supposed to confirm which make up artist and photographer upon signing up the package?

Btw sep & knowing, would you gals mind sharing how much and wats in ur package cos I am thinking of going down to neg wif yvonne on my package but not sure would she allows cos I ve already signed up. And also, like to know what's their usual package so that I will not over bargain hehe.

Thanks ya.

knowing

Hi silver

U need nt confirm the makeup artist when u take up the pkg, previously when i signed up i requested for one of YC's makeup artiste to do the makeup for me, but i was nt v pleased with the outcome so i told Yvonne I wanted to change to Dily cos my gf before me had chosen Dily & she was v v pleased w her. So Yvonne booked Dily for me for my actual date n PS

so try to book Dily early as she's v HOT
i have another gf who used one of the Malay makeup artiste for her ROM makeup & she's pleased w her too...

hmm as for photographer u have to depend on who's available, when i booked YC i liked Dean's photography, took me sometime to accept the fact that Dean has left n Xiaocai took over & of cos after talking w Yvonne & Xiaocai to regain confidence in them
so far the pics come out i dun encounter blur blur pics, except i think the night scenes can be improved especially on the brightness

my pkg is $2999 (around this range I took the lower price one)
wht are the items u want to bargain for?

silver

Hi knowing,

When I signed up I requested Angeline for my make up artist but when I went down 2 wks back she had left so Yvonne assigned Minnie to me.

Yours is OTR or MTM package and comes with how many pcs of 15R photos huh? I hope to neg with her for additional tea dress, father suit, more photos (mine only 15pcs 15R) and change from free 3R to 4R. Err.. do you think I am too much?

Btw, do we have to pay additional for makeup ie fake eye lashes or ??? And usually how many men suits and costume for ps huh?

knowing

Hi Silver

U can insist u want Dily if u wish
or u want to try Minnie for yr trial makeup ist
maybe she;s good also??

mine is one mtm one otr, i mtm my evening gown manage to get otr wg which i like
happy.gif

i have 21pcs photos becos my recommendations of frenzs, i did nt take the small sample of photos
i change to another table top
i think neg for additional tea dress, father suit wld be ok becos they have on hand stuff they usually will lend one

i paid $20 for fake eye lashes
n also $30 for ampuole

ps, my hubby has one mtm pants (can keep aftertt)
jackets I think 2 colors
n one traditional costume (i chose Kua onli)
shirt have to bring ourselves & another black pants we bring too

S

sept 03 bride

Hi Knowing and silver,
my pkg is the $2988 (i think, cannot remember beri clearly)
basically i tink its rather similar to knowing's pkg but just that my pics are lesser...
The trial makeup was nice....but anyway Minnie has told me that trial makeup is just to let u hv confidence in her. And during actual PS, she may not use back whatever colours that she has used. After serving so many customers, she may not remember what colours she has used for trial makeup..
well i suggest that u speak to Minnie 1st, communicate your likes then see what she can do for u. If u realli dun like her work, i think they are very willing to change for u...
They are such nice ppl
happy.gif

silver

Hi knowing,

Thanks so much for ur valuable info. I called Yvonne yest - she told me this week abit tight and it's best for me to go down next week. Hopeful she will throw in what I need esp more photos. Imagine with 15pcs how much I would need to top up
uhoh.gif
Btw, this thread is usually v quiet?

C

cutie22

Hi all,

I just had my wedding last week. What a relief it's finally over...
happy.gif

I would like to compliment YC for everything they had done. They are very patient with my requests and tried their best to accomodate. All my friends and relatives complimented my gowns and photo album.
biggrin.gif

Kudos to Xiao Cai, Minnie and Fengjie!!!! My wedding wuoldnt be half the success without them!
kiss.gif

J

jt

hi cutie22,

would like to check with you, did yc gave u a proper leather carrier for your album or did they just put it in a red colour plastic bag?

ask this qn cos when i had my wedding 2 months ago, they actually gave me my album in plastic bags claiming tat they had run out of the carrier..
sad.gif
so now i'm thinking of going back to them to request for the carrier as the handles of the plastic bags r not strong enough...

appreciate your reply.. thanks..

$

$face

hi JT

Mine was just the album inside their red plastic bag, u mean they actually have a leather carrier?
uhoh.gif

I did not have that as well. My wedding was like 2-3 months back, do you think YC will still give me the proper leather carrier, but usually bridal shops do give such carrier rite?

Wat bout some of the other YC brides here?

silver

Gd afternoon ladies,

Wow finally this thread is more active
lol.gif

Cutie22,
Your make up was been done by minnie? Any comments? Nature? Yvonne recommend minne to me but from what I gather here, Dily seems more popular so was wondering whether to change to Dily.

Sep 03,
I am hoping to neg with Yvonne for more photos cos my package was signed few yrs back and the package only comes with 15pcs of 15R. But not sure she would allow.

Hi JT & $$face,
Any comments on YC service/designs?

knowing

Hi silver
yup this thread usually v quiet
maybe we dun have much complaints ha ha
must thk me Yvonne hee hee

Yup i agree w the rest Fengjie gives v personalised service n v patient too
n peijun also v nice

nt sure if minnie can do up nice hairdos
bt i know Dily definitely can....

Hi ladies
got leather carrier meh?
i dun have leh

J

jt

hi ladies,

both my girlfriends who were also with yc hv proper leather carriers during their wedding... so i asked yc abt it when i saw them putting my album in the red plastic bag. yvonne's reply was tat they had run out of stock n told me tat i can ask 4 1 when the stock arrives. so i'm wondering whether hv they got the stock already.

hi silver,

yc service is really good.. even after so many yrs... always so patient to customers... in fact i forgot to return my gowns to yc until after my honeymoon n i also forgot to inform them abt it... luckily yvonne was very understanding n ok with it after we explained to her.. so pai sey...
blush.gif

design of the gowns is average but 1 thing good with them is tat whenever they hv any new gown, they will let u re-select again... hee... so i ended up having different evening gowns & tea dress from my ps on my actual wedding day...
biggrin.gif

however, i noticed tat nowadays they r very pushy when it comes to photo selection.. always trying to persuade customer to develop more photos... in addition, they always try to hv the photo selection done during weekday evenings, tat leave tired customers with not much time n "mood" to select the photos... so may end up choosing more than wat u intend to hv...

had dily as my make up artist.. she's really GOOD... really very pleased with her skills... even my girlfriend n mil who had their make up and hair do done by her on my wedding day were very satisfied with her..

hope this info helps...
happy.gif

silver

Gd evening ladies....

Hi knowing,
Err.. who is fengjie & peijun? Will be going down next week so can keep a lookout hehe

Hi JT,
Thanks for your feedback.

Looks like Dily is still the recommeneded one. Ok will ask Yvonne to change mine to Dily hehe

YC has so many satisfied customers here huh. Hopefully Yvonne will be kind enough to let me make changes to package otherwise really cannot imagine how much I ve to pay to top up the photos
uhoh.gif

happy1

Hi all,
anyone knows whether the dresses we took home have been washed/cleaned? also do we have to dryclean them before returning to Yvonne?

knowing

Hi Silver
Fengjie is the seamstress over there
she does help to serve customers at times
she will bring gowns for you to test, help you to dress etc
Peijin used to be xiaocai's assistant bt nw she's helping to sew beads, crystals etc
she also help to serve customers

i ugly so pai seh to share pics
maybe when i download a few then show u

Hi happy1
the dresses we brought home are clean ones i believe & i saw them ironing before i bring home
when i return i jus dump everything into the red bag n return them hee hee

silver

Hi knowing,
Ok let me know after you download.

Btw, any of the gals here changed your photo to mag style? How much did you gals pay for that?

teh

Hi ,i have been reading those msg recently , i would like to know beside lily , any makeup artist , Any one could like to show me their photo done by lily .. I have sign my package too for december but their gown i select still not very happy , JT are u sure , we can request for a change

silver

Hi Teh,
Mine is minnie but I am not sure abt her make up. Btw, your's is OTR gowns?

Ya I would like to take a look at the photos too if you gals dun mind...