Yvonne Creative

aimee

Hi Tee,

It's on 9th Dec. Frankly, I don't really have much confidence on Xiao Cai. That's y actively thinking of place for PS. If is Dean, I will trust his suggestions for the places.

cowie

Hi girls,

Another girl from this forum had mentioned to me before that another good place to take photos featuring lush greenery is at Cantebury Road.... maybe you girls want to check it out?
wink.gif

M

mialeng

Dear aimee

My contract stated that Dean was to be my photographer, but since he had left, I have to go for Xiao Cai, please give him some confidence, cos it make my heart skip a beat when there're still a number of brides that said Dean's works is better. Did u check with Yvonne, if we still insist on using Dean, do we really have to fork out a booking fee of 300 bucks?

Have a good day,

Cheers
mialeng

aimee

Hi mialeng,

I did not check wif Yvonne cos hubby has no intention to fork out the $. I know i juz hv to accept Xiao Cai but it's juz such a pity that Dean left. Going to meet Xiao Cai on Sun for the first time.

Hi Cowie,

thanks for the info.

tee

Hi mialeng & aimee,

I think we should cut out pictures from bridal magazine to show xiao cai what kind of style we like. This will help him to know what we actually want. If we don't like the photos, we can ask for re-take right ? Ya, I know nobody wants it but I mean if that day raining, then sure the photos won't be nice.

M

mialeng

Hi Tee

Good idea, better bring some pictures to roughly show xiao cai what we desire. Let pray hard that on our PS, it will be a nice and bright day, let keep our fingers crossed. But if it's really rains, me also dunno how!!! Please dun rain!!!

Hi aimee,
u meeting Xiao Cai this Sun?? I also have not meet up with him yet, hope U have a nice time with him.

BTW do you have any good and reasonable-price day photographer to recommend, u know those "journalistic" type of effect. Ok do keep us posted.

Cheers
mialeng

aimee

Hi Tee & Mialeng

Ya, I have already prepared some pictures to show Xiao Cai. Now keeping my finger cross that it won't rain on that day. These few days are raining quite heavily. But can't help it cos dec is always the raining season.

Hi Mialeng,

I hv booked Yew Kwang as my actual day photographer. He is charging 8 rolls for $500. He did a fair bit of journalist also. U may wan to check on his website. Other threads hv recommended choon huat, too bad I cld not afford.

www.yewkwang.com

durian

Hi Cowie,
I just praised your dress this afetr noon, u know who I am rite??

Agree with you that canterbury road is good. In fact the who alexandra park is fantastic.. all the colonial houses etc.

Try to go during sunset time, on certain slopes, you will be able to see very beautiful skies. Explore a bit, and you will realise that you can get some back drops against colonical bungalow, lush greenery and bamboo trees.

My fav view is the place where there is a sudden steep slope.. the view is very very good.

One word of caution.. there are lots of dogs there, esp in eveing/early morning.

cowie

Hi durian,
Eih, I think I know who you are
wink.gif

Thanks for sharing with the girls here on another good place for photoshoot.....guess I already had my fair share of fun during photoshoot and hope that all of you will enjoy it as well
happy.gif

Girls,
You all may want to take note of the place durian just mentioned
happy.gif
I have not been there personally, but have seen photos taken there..... very nice indeed
happy.gif

knowing

Hi Cowie
Where is Canterbury Rd
what can i expect to see over there
my photoshoot end of this month
I have chosen one venue only at Changi
cos i want to have greeneries & seaside
so Xiaocai proposed me there

Hi aimee
I think if it rains can ask them to change date or nt, is nt our fault to rain mah
did u ask them to prepare corsett for u or u bring yr own....

aimee

Hi Knowing,

Xiao Cai had recommended Changi to me also cos of the greeneries and casurina trees. The other pl is emerald hill where the perankan houses are.

If it rains, they will chg to another day for the outdoor PS but the make-up artist will charge us for coming on another day.

I hv bought my own corsett from Isetan. I think their corsett are quite loose cos already wore by many brides before.

cowie

Hi knowing,
I do not know the exact location too. But I think if you check up the street directory, it should be somewhere near Telok Blangah area or Alexandra Park area...... all very nice places with a lot of greeneries and "different" kind of backdrops...

Sorry, heard of these places and seen photos, but have not been there myself so can only suggest but cannot help you with the exact location.

knowing

Hi aimee
I think they have new corsett but we have to buy one.. but i nt sure whether my gowns can wear corsett or nt cos my EG will be quite opaque behind...
Hw abt hairstyle let down hair or bun up
My face is round so thinking of asking Dily to let down some hair

Hi Cowie
Do u think i have time to go Changi for the greeneries ps & seaside ps then go alexandra??

aimee

Hi knowing,

My EG has a low back and I can still wear the corsett. Jus pull the back of the corsett down and it won't be seen. Or mayb you may want to check with Yvonne.

I did not communicate with Ponnie before. Yvonne has been commenting that her skills is gd,I suppose Ponnie will know what to do with my hair. I have a round face also. I hv cut out some pictures to show her. Hope that she won't feel 'insulted' that I don't trust her but juz merely show her my preference.
happy.gif

wink.gif

cowie

Hi knowing.....
Erhm... I would suggest that you go take a look at the places first. Cos if you can find greeneries at Changi that you like then maybe you want to give Alexandra a miss. If you really want Alexandra, then you can try seaside scene at Labrador Park.... Actually you can check with Xiao Cai also. If he is game in going to both Changi and Alexandra, if he find that there is enough time.....why not
wink.gif
But must let you know first that you and hubby may be quite tired by then..... the tiredness may show on the face.....

As for whether to let hair down, just let the make-up artist know the kind of look you prefer. In my case, I asked for more youngish look. I did not want any sophisticated and upclass look cos I was afraid I will end up looking more mature than my hubby
crazy.gif
.... I was really happy with what my make-up artist gave me.

Here's some of my bridal shots to share:
http://xoasis.com/~hitched4ever/bridalphoto.htm

aimee

Hi Knowing,

Juz to let you know, according to Xiao Cai, Labrador Park is under renovation. Certain pl of the parks may not be accessible. Probably, u can check wif him.

H

help-me

Hi girls,

Do you think that YC evening gowns are pretty out-dated??

I have tried a number of them and all the designs are quite similar to one another. In my personal opinion I think some of the EG are also very "nite club", "gim dang dang" types. I am sorrie for being so frank, but have any brides here share my same thoughts?

Any recommendation as I do not want to pay extra for a MTM one.

Wanna give some help pls.

cowie

Hi help-me,
From what I understand from Yvonne, their new range of EGs are constantly bought back by brides who wear them for their weddings and like the gowns very much. Why not try telling Yvonne your concerns and what kind of gowns you are looking out for....she may take that into consideration when she come up with her new designs
wink.gif
Alternatively, ask her when will her new designs be available. I did that....waited for her new gowns to be ready before I chose for my wedding. Hence, my ps did not include my actual EG
happy.gif

tee

Hi Cowie,

i have view your photos, very nice.
the one with lots of trees and leaves is at where ?

cowie

Hi Tee,
Thanks
happy.gif
It is at Republic Ave..... somewhere behind Suntec city near the shears bridge..... Actually that was not one of my outdoor location. When the car was travelling along that road, the photographer suddenly got inspiration and asked to stop the car and hop across the road to capture some shots before proceeding on
lame.gif
Nice backdrop for photos, but LOTS of BIG ants there!!
lol.gif

knowing

Hi Cowie
Thanks for sharing yr photos w us
yr photos look v natural & nice...nt those cheena types...
hoping ours will look as nice as yrs
actually i have alot of confidence in Xiao Liang's work nw have to readjust my confidence level to Xiao Cai
let u know after my PS
nw i also worried my makeup n hairdo

cowie

Hi knowing,
Thanks
happy.gif
Actually my makeup was done by Eileen.... but you were not comfy with her make-up right?.... Dun worry so much lah... I was also worried about this and that prior to my PS and wedding.... but things will fall into place. Just enjoy the process.

All the best to all you girls who will be having your PS soon
happy.gif

aimee

Hi Cowie,

I hv viewed your pictures too, hope you don't mind. It's really lovely, I love those pictures taken at Republic Ave.

cowie

Hi aimee,
Of course I dun mind
happy.gif
Just wanted to share them with fellow YC brides
happy.gif
Based on my experience, I would say, dun worry, all of you are in good hands. Just make sure you voice out any doubts or unhappiness to Yvonne instead of brooding over them
happy.gif

M

mialeng

Hi aimee

Good day, thank you for your recommendation on Yew Kwang for actual day photographer. The charges are pretty reasonable.

Will check him out soon.

Cheers
mialeng

aimee

Hi Cowie,

So far I m still satisfied with their service. Juz that the new photographer cannot really suggest places for PS. Probably he is a m'sian and doesn't really know the places of Singapore well.

happy.gif

cowie

Hi aimee,
If that is the case, then do let him know of your choices soon..... and suggest that he go down and check out the place first!
crazy.gif
Pressure him by saying that you trust his expertise in choosing the best background and angles!!!
biggrin.gif
....but dun tell him I teach you one huh....
rofl.gif

aimee

Hi Cowie,

No time already cos my PS is on next monday.
sad.gif
We did suggest one of the nature reserve in Singapore, he did mention about the leeches and mosquitoes we are goin to face.
crazy.gif
After which we drop our idea and adopt his suggestion of goin Changi end. I hv seen pictures taken at Changi, still satisfy with it.
proud.gif
I m still exploring my second location for the PS. I shld hv do my homework earlier.
sad.gif

So far, I think he had only taken picture at Marina South, Changi Beach and Raffles Marina based on the aibums I hv seen. If I m not wrong, at least 2 r taken at Marina South.
uhoh.gif
For the benefit of other couples, I think he should familiarise or explore more places of Singapore.

cowie

Hi aimee,
Dun worry too much lah.... with his experience as a pro photographer, at one look he should be able to tell if which location or angle is good
happy.gif
The job of you and your hubby is to relax and smile as sweetly as possible.
happy.gif

aimee

Hi all,

Finally, my PS is over. Ponnie is quite a nice person. My make-up is not vry heavy, she used orange as a theme colour for my make-up. Mainly, orange eye-shadow and orange rouge. But her hair-do is very nice. In fact, i like her make-up. hopefully it turned out nice on the picture.
proud.gif

The PS started off abt 12pm. The indoor session finished about 4+ and we went out @ 5pm. The whole outdoor shooting was finished in an hrs time. I was so worried that we cannot make it for the outdoor session cos it was raining very heavily in the afternoon.
sad.gif

We went to Changi and an old bakery along katong.
wink.gif
. On the whole, the PS is not bad. Xiao Cai is quite a nice guy. Hope the pic turn out nice. My hubby said my smile wasn't that naturally for the outdoor session. I think probably I m very worn out by then.
lame.gif

M

mialeng

Hey aimee

Great that you have a fun time for the PS, I'm sure the pics will turn out nicely :)

Hope to hear from u when the pics are developed.

cheers
mialeng

tee

Hi aimee,

you choose one place only har. you like indoor than outdoor right ? :)
hope your photo turn out sweet and nice.

aimee

Hi Tee,

We went to two places. Changi was suggested by Xiao Cai. The bakery was explored by us.
proud.gif
I wanted the kind of oldies feeling. The place is worn out and old.

I realli hope is nice after what my hubby told me about my smile.
sad.gif
I don't wish to spoil all the pictures. I m very stress now till the pictures are ready.

tee

Hi aimee,

Don't be so stress lah, I think xiao cai will know how to capture your natural smile, anyway, your indoor is more than your outdoor, right ?

so when are you able to view your photo ?

aimee

Hi Tee,

Indoor is more than outdoor cos there are more chg of clothes. Pictures will be ready by next week. Hopefully, it is earlier. So when will be your turn for the PS?

knowing

Hi aimee
so gd yr PS finally over
me still waiting for my turn....
I thot of going to one hotel called Park View
for ps
its a new hotel
bt i haven't told Xiao cai abt tt

aimee

Hi Knowing

You r referring to the building behind parco junction? I think is a office building and lobby is a pte club right? Very nice and posh. Our initial plan was to go emerald hill and changi but we chged our mind to the bakery yesterday.

happy1

Hi,
Just sign up with YC recently. Interested in taking a look at more photographs by YC. Anyone care to share?

Also, anyone knows how much i need to top up if I need to make up at 4am??

aimee

Hi all,

A wk has passed. I m still waiting anxiously for my pictures.... Everyday looking at my hp if they call....
crazy.gif

Hi Happy1

I think u need to check with your assigned make-up artist for the rates.

knowing

hee aimee
so good nw u can relax n wait for yr photos to be out
me waiting for my ps
but haven't cut & highlight my hair
haven't prepared anything
i have to call Yvonne & tell her i want 2 places for ps & prepare my corsett in advance rite
ha ha

tee

Hi knowing,

haven't decide where, maybe raffles marina. so your PS very near liao ley.... who is yr make-up artist ?

M

mialeng

Hey knowing and Tee

My makeup artist also Dily, heard that her skills are good. Have you girls went for your trial make-up yet??

Can we choose the make-up colours ourselves, or will Dily 'paint' a few colour on our face and we choose something that we like?

What about hairstyling, is Dily good? I have shoulder-length hair and don't know what to do with it, totally have no idea on what type of hairstyle I want, do anyone know will Dily also do a few hairstyles for us and let us choose the best one?

Oops am I asking for too much???

Ok, cheers and have a nice day!!

mialeng