Yvonne Creative

pinky

hi cutie,

actually i've gone for my photoshoot liao. i went to only 1 location and that's at Raffles Marina (RM). find that it's not so worth it lah cos must pay $103. i find others o/d locations shots done by Dean also very nice, so not necessary to go there even though got nice scenary. the gal at RM whom i booked with for the photoshoot also quite stuck-up.

my makeup artist is Dily Ng. very please with her skills and she's friendly person.

for my gown, it's actually mtm, off-white strapped A-line with a v-shaped bare-back. there's beadings lining the top and at the back of my gown.

i havent choosen my EG yet but for photoshoot, i worn a green coloured bustier gown with beadings on top and a yellow colour tight fitting gown with little sparkles all over.

maybe u'll hv seen before. one thing i'm sad abt is the YC kua is quite worn-off and old already lor. dont know if they will get new ones.

when's ur wedding btw?

cutie

Hi pinky,

U mean go RM still must pay $$$? I am thinking of going beach for daytime and Fullerton for night shots. But haven't seen any Dean's works at Fullerton.

When will the photos b ready? U must be looking forward to it.

Wow! Your WG sounds nice. How come you guys not worried abt EG??? I was thinking if no nice EGs at YC, will top up $200 to have it MTM. Did not really look at YC's EGs yet but Shef said they will be designing new ones.

I hvnt fixed my wedding date yet but will be next year after May. Where will your wedding be held?

pinky

Hi cutie,

Ya RM must pay to use that place for photoshoot, unless u are member. but if u got a friend who's member, u can book at a cheaper price and must book at least 5 days in advance, then u get a cheaper rate. that time we book 4 days in advance and the person dont even let us hv the advance booking rate, and we must pay the walk-in rate
sad.gif

Fullerton is nice place, i also thinking of going there during my actual wedding day
happy.gif

my photos already selected but not ready yet, i think it'll only ready in oct or nov.

ya actually i was worried that cant find EG as well but then seems like they will make new designs later and they do hv quite a variety to chose from, so still ok lah. if near to ur wedding and u still cant find, then maybe u can MTM lor. i think they just need 2 months to complete a mtm dress, very fast.

my wedding is Dec this year. Do u hv any designs that u like now? next year may is still quite long, so i think by that time, YC should hv many more new gowns.

nov

Hi Cutie,

Dun worry...I think 3" is the max...personally I can't take anything more than 2.5inch as its tall for me. For my case, I can't wear higher than 2 inch else I might end up same height as my hubby cos I'm those who looks taller than my actual height.

Pinky,
My own has embroidery on an organza...translucent back with beads till hip, bustier with embroidery around the bustline,crystals on the bottom, embrodiery on the train...hmmm...this is the best I can go at describing. Any other places you went for PS? For EG, I'm going tonight to choose.
For manicure & pedicure, I'm very keen on the Toa Payoh one...can you give more details? Does Dily help us with that on actual day? Or should I got to the TP one with my own nail polish? I can't think of a suitable nail polish colour also

pinky

Hi Nov, i dont know the shop address but is's very easy to find. it's outside the new toa payoh interchange, opposite Breadtalk and next to those Soo Kee jewellry. the shop is quite small and sells shoes as well. but they have a corner to do manicure. the shop name is called Nines i think. the shop has got variety of nail colors but if u found 1 color that u like, maybe u can bring it and ask them to paint for u. that time i did a pedicure extensive (includes foot bath and polishing) and normal manuicure, costs me aro $39.98 i think. i chose pink color for my nails and feet..
happy.gif

i dont think Dily will do nail-polish for u cos probably no time. she only will do makeup and hair-styling, maybe u can check with her lor. but that time she ask me to do my nails first before coming for photoshoot.

nov

Thanks pinky.

To clarify, I just realised that there's a Dily and a Lily makeup artist. Mine turned out to be Lily though initially they indicated Dily on paper. Anyway, she's ok for me.

A

alexs

HI Nov,

I thought that YC don't use crystal for their gowns? Did you buy your own crystal?

moon

Hi all,
Is Yvonne creative package expensive? Do you know how much they charged for package? Does anyone here know the average gown size? Coz I m rather fat, especially my thight. Please help me.
thanks

cutie

Hi Moon,

I would say YC's package is rather affordable. Their cheapest package is $2988 with 1 MTM & $3588 (i think) for 2 MTM.

Not so sure abt the size though, cos i m rather petite. Do drop by to have a look. They are very friendly people.

cowie

Hi Moon,
I should think that YC keep a range of sizes for their OTR gowns. I belong to the average size range and when I try their gowns, there were some which are very tight for me whereas there were those which were oversized for me too!....
proud.gif
Why not just drop in and see what they have for you
happy.gif

nov

One comment...the EG is sooo limited. When choosing for photoshoot, I had a hard time cos not much choices..I really wonder if I'll be lack of choice during my EG selection
sad.gif

cutie

Alamak!!! Really? That's what I'm worried abt...

Was thinking if no nice EG, will top up $200 for MTM....

cowie

Hi Nov,
Haha, I was faced with the same problem that time when selecting EGs for my photoshoot. When I asked Yvonne why like that, she said she actually came up with a lot of designs but brides like them and ended up buying them to keep after their actual day. So, do reflect to her as she said she is coming up with new designs again. I waited until after my photoshoot...... but did manage to get an EG which I like from her new ones afterall
wink.gif

ivy

Hi Hi!
I've also signed up with Yvonne Creative and I'm going to see the results of my photoshoot today! Hopefully it will turn out well.
I must agree that they have very limited gowns, esp evening gowns. No matter how many you try, still look similar.
They do have some very nice gowns though, usually on another bride to be :p.
But I must say their service is the best. They are attentive to you and helps you with what you need. Shef is not exactly an excellent designer but she does have good taste.
Hope everyone will have a gd time preparing for your wedding & CONGRATS!

cutie

Hi Ivy,

You must be really excited!!!!! Cant wait right???
bounce.gif

Where did you have your outdoor shoots? Did you enjoy the photoshoot?

Let us know the outcome, ok?
wink.gif

A

alexs

HI Ivy,

Is your gown designed by Shef too?

Why did you say Shef got a good taste?

I think she is very nice lady and i personally feels very comfortable talking to her
happy.gif

nov

Hi Ivy, so did ur photos turn out well? Are you the one choosing the photos yesterday? I was the one who came back from PS

ivy

Hi!

So it's you Nov! I was the one sitting at the main table right at the door choosing my photos. The photos are alright, I've got some really lovely photos that looks like postcard. Very artistic type.

I really enjoyed my PS, but a bit tiring. Went to an old house in Grange road, recommended by Ah Liang & the field in Alexandra Road (near the old dental institute). The field is really great with a lone tree in the middle. Of all the photos, I like the ones at Alexandra most. Poster/postcard quality.
happy.gif
Too bad some of the photos we took at Labrador Park did come out becoz of lighting.

Yeh, Shef designed my evening gown. Turned out ok. Her taste is not bad as in she knows what looks nice and what don't. I like some of her recommendations.

Ah Liang wanted to sell me the idea of upgrading my photo album to the bigger one, but we sticked to the orig one. We're on a tight budget with our house coming too so gotta b careful with spending. On the whole, I'm rather pleased with the photos.
happy.gif

The choosing gets easier after eliminating those photos which we didn't want.

Nov, hope your photos will turn out well too. Esp after such a long day. But I'm sure it'll be time well spent.

pinky

Hi Nov,

How was ur photoshoot? where did u went for photo-taking?

did u tried the manicure stop that i recommended in toa payoh?

Hi ivy, nice to hear u got great time with ur shoot. ur photo sounds nice from the description that u've written
happy.gif

so good that you can stick to budget lor. we can't stick to our budget leh cos Dean keeps asking us to upgrade to the magazine style, in the end we got presuaded by him :p

nov

Hi Ivy, I hope it'll turn out nice also. So when's your big day?

Pinky,
The places I went to were the same as Ivy's...the alexandra road house & labrador park. All nice scenic places. I only tried the shaping and polishing for mani & pedi at Nine Concepts...only cost me $20.

ivy

Hi Nov

Mine is also in Nov. Deepavali actually. 4.

When is yours?

Wow Pinky, you certainly spent alot after looking at your previous posting. My FH will definitely not let me spend that much. Have to have determination to get out of debt quickly.

You must have so many nice photos that it's not easy to make a choice. For me, it was easy. We were very strict in our selection, so anything that either of us don't like goes to the trash bin.

nov

Hi Ivy, mine is on the 3rd! So have you got most of the things ready? My renovation just completed. I haven't done anything on the hotel part yet.

ivy

Wow! That's just a day before mine!

Unfortunately, I'm like doing everything all together at once. I just got the keys to my house so going to start renovations soon.

As for my wedding, still have the florist to confirm, honeymoon haven't booked yet. Haven't done anything about the hotel part either other than booking the date.

Anyone booked for an actual day photographer with Yvonne Creative? Any recommendations? Don't know how long in advance I should book it with them. Or does anyone has any other alternatives?

nov

Is yours a church wedding that's why you're looking for a florist?

But its now approaching seventh month...you would wait till after that to start renovation right?

I haven't done much either...honeymoon also not booked. Dun know go where also. EG also not chosen. But I found a photographer oredi.

woodstock

I am collecting keys to my flat during the 7th month and I've also been told by friends and colleagues that I shouldn't start reno...or even enter the house during 7th month. I'm just wondering....why? I mean.....I know the 7th month is considered not auspicious...but is that all?

ivy

My FH & I aren't superstitious, so we're still going to carry out our renovations in the 7th mth.
Anyway, can't wait also becoz' I'll need to get it ready by my wedding day.

Yeh, we're having a church wedding so need to get a florist.

Nov, R u getting a friend to be the photographer or hire one?

cherubies

Hi Cowie,
Saw your nice pix on the front page of SB.com...
Very nice! Is it in your album that I saw? =0)
Anyway, know your wedding's coming...Have fun, beautiful bride!
And Congrats!
happy.gif

cowie

Hi Cherubies,
Thanks! Uhmm, I cannot remember if it was in that sample album...... I only saw it once at the exhibition where you went to
lame.gif
But I should think so.......
happy.gif
The photo is taken by Dean. So how, have you decided on your bridal yet
wink.gif

Yup, wedding coming up in one and a half weeks time.... hope to have paid my sleep debt by then :pP

jojo

Cowie...Excited anot? Don't stress hor...I am sure you will be a radiant and beautiful bride...meanwhile, remember to take more rest, okie?
happy.gif

cutie

Cowie, dats FAST!!!! Anything else not settled? Guest list? Wat else?????

So excited for you!!!
bounce.gif
R u on leave to "recuperate"? Should go for spa treatment. Help u relax

cowie

Hi JoJo,
Getting more excited and also more jitters as the day approaches
bounce.gif
But not really able to sleep more leh.... still sleeping very late
sad.gif
Sigh, also dunno how to look radiant that day with this amount of sleep
lame.gif

Hi Cutie,
The major stuff are more or less settled. Now just down to the details.... Nope, not taking leave before that. Dun have the luxury of so many days of leave. But will be leaving for my honeymoon the next day after my wedding. So, will have to push myself to go on till then
crazy.gif

jojo

Cowie...heehee...I didn't sleep well for the few weeks before my wedding...but hor...on the night before the actual event, I slept like a log...must be due to the accumulated tiredness...then again, on the actual day, you will be too busy to notice that you are tired.
happy.gif
Keep happy and smile away...I am sure you will have a memorable wedding to look back to years from now.
happy.gif

Can't wait to seeya one and a half weeks from now...my hubby and baby too...
happy.gif

cowie

Hi JoJo,
Yup, will try to remember to smile and smile on that day
happy.gif
Can't wait to see you too
happy.gif
Wonder how much you have "balloned" since the last time we met
wink.gif

Hi Pinky,
Thank you
happy.gif

flowee

Cowie

Saw ur pixs in the main of sb forum...
U guys lookin veri nature in ur weddin pixs...
Veri nice...
Congrates 4 ur forth comin weddin...
happy.gif

cherubies

Hi Cowie,
Oh, I have signed up with Wedding present in the end...Yep, so only those details to settle now...

Don't worry, I'm sure u will be look very pretty on your wedding day no matter wat ya...

Enjoy your honeymoon!
happy.gif

cowie

Hi Flowee,
Thanks
happy.gif

Hi Cherubies,
OIC, okay....wishing you a happy wedding preps process
happy.gif
And thanks for your reassurance
happy.gif

piggy

Hi cowie... long long long time no talk.... u still remember me or not? piggy?....

Hey' saw the pix @ the frontpage.. very very nice leh....
happy.gif
I just had my photoshoot last mth oso..now waiting for the pix to come out..

Time really flies.. 1.5 wks yr wedding liao... All the best to u!!..

BTW jojo, u delivered liao?? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

cowie

Hi Piggy,

Of course I remember you.
happy.gif
Thanks for your compliments
blush.gif
Waiting to see your pics too okay
wink.gif

Heehee, JoJo haven't deliver yet lah....soon soon
wink.gif

jojo

Hi Piggy...heehee...no lah...not delivered yet...soon soon...in November to be precise.
happy.gif
Now 7 months pregnant.
happy.gif

Oh ya...when your pics are ready, remember to scan in okie...me also wanna c.
happy.gif

cute

Hi gals,

I'll be having my 1st appointment on 9/9, next monday. The problem is i dun hv any idea what i want!!! All i know is i want bustier design. That's it!!!

How???? *STRESSED*
crazy.gif
Should i postpone my appointment until i do more gown research?

How's the 1st appointment like? Do i hv to confirm the gown design during the 1st appointment?

cowie

Hi Cute,
Not to worry so much. Instead of postponing your appt, why not just go with an open mind.... let them know that you want a bustier design and see if they can suggest something for you? You may be saved of all the headaches if either Yvonne or Shef and suggest something which you take to immediately
wink.gif
All the best to your gown design. And nope, dun worry, I dun think they will force you to commit if you are still not certain of the design during your 1st appt.
happy.gif

knowing

Hi Cute
Me too going for my 1st appt at YC on this sun
i haven't got any ideas what i want for my gown
cos busy w renov stuff no time for gown searching

bt what i intend to do is go there n try the diff patterns, see which type suits me then design the gown...i think u can do tht too
happy.gif

cowie

Hi Knowing,
That's right. I only had a very vague idea of what I wanted initially, but I tried on one of the gowns there and viola! I got my WG design
lol.gif

B

blur_like_a_sotong

Hi gals,

possible to give mi some ideas on the packages Yvonne Creative has?? I am Sep 03 bride-to-be,gtg to choose my wedding package(but no idea which bridal salon is good). Understand from this forum , that YC seems not bad. Mi and my FH are too busy and lazy to look around, so we may juz visit one bridal salon. Or any good bridal salon to recommend??

blue

Hi,

I have a YC package for transfer. You can go to "Marketplace & Exchange Corner" under the thread of "Yvonne Creative Bridal Package for Transfer". Details of the package are listed there. You can email me at [email protected] if you need further information.

Thanks.