Why married?

Soisuka,

The pursue of qualities or other qualities in men is the start of the pursue for perfection. It's as immature to simply ask:

"Is he perfect?"

You can't answer yes since no one is. Even those answers you have a 'yes' for... such as can he make you feel safe emotionally and physically... is it truly yes forever?

What I am trying to say is pretty researched, women are not made smart hence reproduction is possible. Given the concerns, WHEN can you tell yourself it's a definite yes for all the concerns? Impossible.

The way you date, the way you think are all wrong. If you don't like the man, you are still seeing him; if you don't like that man but he has all the qualities, in such way, do you think you will still date and marry?

So it's simply, are you attracted or thrilled?

On the other hand, are you sure one fine day you are old and ugly he won't slap you and "Why don't you die"?

Ting Yi,

There is no need to pity your ex-boss' stupid wife. I can't even pity Jack Neo's Irene Kang. Look around the forum, these are the mentality and attitude of women when it comes to men. They are basically gambling, and how to pity a gambler who makes a loss?

But it's quite true I'd appreciate a woman with some brains myself... But man with self-esteem usually prefer presentable partners given the choice. BUT... fate also plays a role that you meet someone you feel strongly for, and she is not pretty.

It's very simple... look at the hookers, the prettier and younger they are, the higher the price. I have NEVER heard of the older the uglier the higher the price.

If you ladies even realise something in this mechanism... It'd explain why those handsome men stay with their ugly wives... That's because handsome men have better immunity to babes than ugly ones.

The ugly men, given their low esteem and the need for sex, hunt those with less appeal while hunger for the beautiful ones never dies but grow stronger. So once they have money or have a chance, they usually stray. See?

It's like a poor man given the chance to snatch a bar of gold, they usually would.

On the contrary, those handsome men usually target women whom they feel for, so if it happens to be an average girl, the feeling is a bond.

But of course, not all handsome men are good lah... It all boils down to how a man sees relationship and how a woman react. Hence the One.

Still a man can have an eternal crush with you, but you may not choose to love him but marry someone else.
 


Agree with you ting yi, that men do go for women with brains as well. Only some men will still go for bimbos but for a serious and long-term relationship, men will rather communicate with women who have some brains and could hold a conversation well. Certainly not women who either talk about shopping/cosmetics or household chores and babies.
 
Scope guy, u really need to learn to read properly lei. Did u bother to read my last para when I said love and marriage is a leap of faith? That we never really know the answers to our qns. The reason i tell my parents story is this, they can both be perfect as individual and perfect for each other, it's still not a guarantee that a marriage will be perfect. I don't believe in perfections. Nothing my ex do will make me love him any less, but there are times when health and safety becomes an issue and I have to remove myself from the situation.

I don't expect him to be perfect, I do expect him to show me who he really is. I did not leave bcos I don't love him, I left bcos I realized I needed to love myself more.

Clearly u need to brush up on ur comprehension skills and yet here u r saying that it's been clearly researched that women are not smart. If you can't respect women for their insides, why do u wonder why u haven't found ur angel.

And Ting Yi, to be honest, I don't really know if it's cooling off or permanent. The things that have happened are pretty serious stuff and at this point, I don't know how that trust can be rebuild. I don't know for sure if he is getting help for his own issues which are pretty serious sh*t. I'm just dealing w this a day at a time, I'm trying to not expect anything or control anything other than my own life.
 
Of course you love yourself more when you don't love him; how can you love him when you love yourself more? LOL~

It goes logically to say you marry someone who you love more than yourself...

My angel... Angel is hard to come by. Are you an angel? LOL~
 
Aiyo ur idea of love is seriously flawed lei, how can u love others if u dun love urself?! My god u actually loathe urself! That's why even when pp are agreeing w u, u still find ways to prove they' don't.
 
I do agree with Scope tat if u love yself more u love others lesser.

When u love yourself more, your heart got lesser room for others. If you love others more, your heart will be fill with them more.

Basically tat is why problems arises. Men who loves themself more will stray easier as they find tat it is impt to be happy themselves. Men who dun stray generally loves others more as they wan others to be happy.

That is why in some marriages, men loves themselves more will tend to stray and hurt the ones that loves them. Men who loves others more are generally not happy so they are busy making others happy.

Single men can love themselves more or even 100% without causing great damage/hurt to anyone.

Why marry?

Scope, is this why you are still unmarried? You have seen the flaws of a marriage.
 
Lets assume u both are correct. U love someone more than u love urself, u give and u give and u give, he/she doesn't reciprocate. Or loving them means doing something against ur values, morals or principles, or requires u to give up something of utmost importance to u, or requires u to commit a crime. Will u be happy? will u not somewhere down the road, resent them? If ur not happy and worse resent them or worse please them but passive aggressively express ur anger. If the other person actually loves u, will they be happy if they know ur that unhapppy?

I'm just curious as to why '2 men' who thinks marriage is flawed are lingering on Singapore Bride Forum, why not go to the other SBF?
 
Soisuka,

There is nothing flawed here. LOL~

But nobody will fit if nobody can make you love him more than you love yourself. You just haven't met the One.

Why am I here? LOL~ To get entertained by low IQ rubbish. It's humor, it's joke to me.

My dear confused Soisuka, love is great, if you are not prepared to embrace it, happy or not you will not have it.

Consider motherly love, if you have the last piece of bread, will it make you happier to give it to your child or yourself? Emm?

Love is not just selfish desire, though I do hope it could have been so simple. It's not.

Crazy9, I don't plan to get married. It's stupid to get married for the sake of it. Logically speaking, I have enough troubles from women, and I have no need for more sex than I already have.

Dad's leaving me with $1.5m inheritance, my plan is to ditch Singapore and the morons here and go travel around the world... Kekeke~

People can call me loser, but I simply don't see why I need to bother about an island of morons.

And given my training in International Laws, if I venture to middle east, I don't even think those married in Singapore are considered married. Marriage is after all...

... a piece of focking paper that only blinds the idiots.
 
It's really up to you. But seriously, I doubt I have a comprehension problem. After all, I scored B3 for GP. Hehe~

But honestly, I am more interested in the profiles here than the gossipy trash flying around.

No matter what, you people are only avatars to me... as me am to you.
 
Dear 'God' (scope guy), I am just stupid like most of the women u think u know. What to do, its in my DNA (according to u), I can only hope to meet a guy who is smarter than me, who can lie to me till eternity without me ever suspecting a thing. Until then, may I experience the true love u so encourage me to fully embrace...
 
scope guy, i hope u go far far away. u won't be missed by anyone in singapore.

like i suspect, he need his dad inheritance, he can't even support himself. But i seriously doubt that the father will give him so much, he is just exaggerating.
 
I know of some couples who are married for many years are now not on talking terms with each other. Due to some unknown reason they start to avoid each other.

The only reason they are still staying under the same roof is becoz of children. There is no third party involve. Their love had died n buried.

What happen? During courtship n dating, life was blissful n happy. After married, no life. For some man they choose to seek happiness outside.

Sometimes, after staying together we realize each other flaws n find them unbearable. Prolong exposure to these shortcoming may result in distancing the couple. During dating all couples r blind.

So do u think couples shd Cohabitate for a few years before committing to marriage?
 
That's their version of love. But real romance never dies...

Cohabitate is also not the solution. There are tons of reasons for a split. Mostly is getting married for the sake of marrying.
 
Actually I agreed with Scope. I knew my hubby for 20 years and till today I still enjoy every moments with him. Still love him very much.

As for my hubby he loves himself more thus got lesser love for me. He is more fun loving kind of guy, I nvr complain nor expect him to change. He think of himself more n I have learn to accept it. I nvr thought of controlling him. In return he also appreciate my understanding n will balance his time spent with his friends n family.

My love for him survive till to day.
 
Sweet,

In essence, just appreciate your partner for who he is. Hopefully, he won't turn out a wolve. LOL~

No one is perfect, you are bound to embrace the good PLUS the bad of a person.
 

Back
Top