Wedding bands

Wen Xuan

Oooh your wedding bands are so pretty!

My SO and I have been down to JP a couple of times to take a look at both e-ring and wedding bands. My SO's the kind who like the plain design and I love duo-tone rings. I want our wedding bands to be in a set so I guess however our wedding bands are like will be up to him since he's fussy about it!

We kinda narrowed down the tentative wedding band design to a plain matte victorian design for him, and a half eternity ring for me.

I've tried a lot of the rings in JP and I really like their service. Not pushy, letting me try all the different rings, in different settings etc. Been down 3 times and have not made a decision yet, but I can see ourselves buying from JP :D
Ya, they have lots of designs as compared to other jewellery shops. And their service is very good too. Show us yr wedding bands once u decide yours. :)))

we bought our wedding bands from JP too! Really extremely pleased with their service! Their after sales service were superb too, always offering cleaning service and even allowing us to alter the ring size (both my engagement ring, and his wedding band as his knuckles became bigger over 6 months due to his job).
Really like how we could customize the wedding bands to our liking, and how they provide their valuable opinions during the designing process. As both of us are pretty active, we chose a simpler design (and no diamonds) so that it can stand the daily wear :) Chose platinum as our metal since it feels heavier and sturdy. We could even chose a mixture of matte and shiny platinum for some slight contrast.

_NO_1775.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlxmgfve30ovksk/_NO_1775.jpg?dl=0

Took this photo during our ROM during Christmas :) So glad that we are finally able to wear our wedding bands together ! :)

Nice! My SO is also eyeing this design as well! We still have plenty of time to look for our bands :D

Serenityyy

Hi dear, wondering if you all have any price range that you can quote me for JP? My engagement ring is alr from JP and cost a bomb to my fiancé, I don't want to drop a second bomb to him. Hahaha let me know please!

Hi dear, wondering if you all have any price range that you can quote me for JP? My engagement ring is alr from JP and cost a bomb to my fiancé, I don't want to drop a second bomb to him. Hahaha let me know please!
It depends, and if you're a returning customer they will give you discount.

We saw a plain matte ring for him, and a half-eternity ring for me, they quoted us 1.9k for the pair.

phirahh

It depends, and if you're a returning customer they will give you discount.

We saw a plain matte ring for him, and a half-eternity ring for me, they quoted us 1.9k for the pair.

What metal did you choose? And are the diamonds big for the eternity band? They quoted $2k for mine but the diamonds are really small. So I'm just curious on the parity ☺️

kemise

haha and also whether the design is half or full ring. we chose full ring design (so cannot alter sizes actually), and wanted a matt + shining surface on different parts of the ring.. so maybe that's why a little it more pricey for the platinum band.

amber.c

Haha thanks! I don't know why the price difference is so much when the cheaper set has more blings.

Maybe cos more white gold/platinum? Actually diamonds are not expensive if it's loose diamonds.

Anyway platinum is very durable and scratch-proof that's why it'll be more expensive than usual white gold.

Maybe cos more white gold/platinum? Actually diamonds are not expensive if it's loose diamonds.

Anyway platinum is very durable and scratch-proof that's why it'll be more expensive than usual white gold.
Hmm never thought about the fact that white gold is more exp than loose diamonds. Haha.

Yeah we wanted platinum cos it's durable and scratch-proof but I guess it now depends on what kind of ring the SO chooses! He's very fussy about the one and only jewelry he'll be wearing so he will be the decision maker, while I'll get an accompanying ring to his. Haha!

kemise

erm.. platinum is definitely NOT scratch proof haha! both my engagement ring and wedding bands have scratches already. The "scratch proof" that you may be implying is that the metal gets dislodge (leaving behind a "scar" but it does not erodes away, so essentially the total mass of the metal remains the same before and after being scratched).

The silver colour of platinum will definitely stay (unlike white gold), and I honestly (and oddly) like how sturdy and heavy it feels compared to white gold.

Each got it's own merits. White gold is easier to shape and resize. Many shops will turn away resizing platinum rings because they are not as malleable, and more difficult to handle.
However, since we did not choose to mix with other colours like yellow/rose gold, we went ahead with platinum :)

amber.c

I think our "scratch proof" just means that it will be less prone to scratches and continue having its shine to last longer as compared to usual white gold?

Anyway my wedding band is neither white gold nor platinum haha chose rose gold instead.

kemise

For platinum it will not be able to re-size in the future or? For 14k Gold will it be less durable than 18k?

went to other established jewelry shops and they told us can't resize.. but JP said can though it needs to be inspected by their craftsman first.

kemise

I think our "scratch proof" just means that it will be less prone to scratches and continue having its shine to last longer as compared to usual white gold?

Anyway my wedding band is neither white gold nor platinum haha chose rose gold instead.

nice! i am a boring and plain person.. so i chose plain colours with no diamonds .. don't dare to experiment with colours and i don't usually wear jewelleries / accessories haha :D

@amber.c haha, I love rose gold! But my SO doesn't. He did pick out a rose gold ring to KIV but I didn't like the design. Hopefully more rose gold/two-tong ring catches his eye :D

Just made a purchase for our wedding bands over last weekend! From Lee Hwa Jewellery, their designs are not bad and there is variety. Prior to this, we went to all the retail jewellers at Bugis Junction to survey around for designs and prices. We went back to Lee Hwa to purchase an half eternity in rose gold mixed (bride) and a plain one in rose gold mixed, and there was a huge discount, seems like we were paying too little for our wedding bands haha! Will post photos when I get the bands! Oh the service at Lee Hwa Bugis Junction also v good!

amber.c

@amber.c haha, I love rose gold! But my SO doesn't. He did pick out a rose gold ring to KIV but I didn't like the design. Hopefully more rose gold/two-tong ring catches his eye :D

Both my htb and I likes rose gold! You can get a rose gold one while he gets a white gold with maybe just a streak of rose gold :x

amber.c

nice! i am a boring and plain person.. so i chose plain colours with no diamonds .. don't dare to experiment with colours and i don't usually wear jewelleries / accessories haha :D

Both my htb and I like rose gold :)
Anyway platinum can resize but gotta pay some money. My friend had her engagement ring resized for quite a bit of money

I think it's still a set? Some pairs are like same color themes but design not 100% same. Mine and Htb's same color but design not same too, still looks like it's a pair
Point. We're still have time to look around :D I like JP's services, but just wondering if there's any other places worth taking a look?

I was quoted $2k for a rose gold half eternity and a plain yellow gold band! The diamonds are 1/3 the size of yours hahah. Looks like I need to ask for a discount haha.
They told me that rose gold would be a bit pricier compared to a white gold ring. Not too sure about yellow gold though!

amazon888

Was so much looking forward to JP as am looking for customize ring. But JP is such a waste of my time... made appt and am there in time, and sales person just left me there for a good 10minz with no one serving... Guess I look poor in tshirt and shorts. So they dont bother.

Was so much looking forward to JP as am looking for customize ring. But JP is such a waste of my time... made appt and am there in time, and sales person just left me there for a good 10minz with no one serving... Guess I look poor in tshirt and shorts. So they dont bother.

Oh man, that's not very nice of them. I've been there like 4 times and I'm always in shirt and shorts. Service was great for me. Were they very busy? email them about your experience? I'm sure it's not their usual service standards.

Joes

Mine was from More Than Diamonds - thick white gold for both with a small diamond on the female band. Its customized with a 'Z' looking represent me and my fiance same chinese name - 'Zhi'. Its bout 3k++ total.

JuzDream

I will be choosing this Cartier ring as it been arund since 1920s. Others can tell is cartier from its design. It cost about 1.5k per ring.

I been to mustafa and a ring that looks simplier than this cost 1.3k. I believe it will be a good buy for the brand as well

Attachments

• 1453990771803.jpg
    1453990771803.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 105

My fiance and I we're always there in shorts and T-shirt too but the lady was very friendly and introduce us the wedding bands even though we told her we we're just looking around. Maybe u could look for Amy; )