Wedding bands

jkwedding308

Oh you remembered! Not yet leh.. :(

Hehe yeah... Never mind la, this kind of stuff should not be rushed.. Slowly browse and choose - after all, you'll be wearing it for the rest of your life! When's your AD? Still got time, right?

hi, give it a try to Ling Jewellery, you are able to design your own wedding band and they are not pushy kind of people.
located at 100AM, by appointment only. My hubby and i bought our wedding band n is less than 3k.
his got no diamond but for mine, i got half diamond, moveover the people over there will give you suggestion on the ring selection / design base on your finger.

tulipkiss

Hehe yeah... Never mind la, this kind of stuff should not be rushed.. Slowly browse and choose - after all, you'll be wearing it for the rest of your life! When's your AD? Still got time, right?

haven fixed AD date yet. thinking of getting before march 2015 to use for pre-wedding photoshoot :) so, still have abit of time... :p

jkwedding308

Just wondering do you guys engrave anything on the bands?

We did engrave in the inner part of the band i.e. the part that touches our skin... Engraving was complimentary but we were advised not to pick too many characters as some people may not feel as comfortable when they feel the uneven surface of the inner part of the band caused by the engraving rubbing against their skin. We followed the advice and didn't have any such problem. This was what we engraved:

My ring: K<3J 3008
His ring: J<3K 3008
J is my initial; K is his initial; <3 is the heart-shaped symbol; 3008 is our wedding date

:)

germanium9

Hi,
I'm planning my wedding from Japan. The wedding bands in Japan are crazy expensive so I'm considering if I could get them in Singapore. My wedding is in December and my fiance and I might go back to Singapore in August to settle some of the wedding stuff.
What is the process of getting the wedding bands? How long will it take?
We might only be back for a few days :( Is it possible to choose and rings and get it "fitted" for us?

j.koh

Hi,
I'm planning my wedding from Japan. The wedding bands in Japan are crazy expensive so I'm considering if I could get them in Singapore. My wedding is in December and my fiance and I might go back to Singapore in August to settle some of the wedding stuff.
What is the process of getting the wedding bands? How long will it take?
We might only be back for a few days :( Is it possible to choose and rings and get it "fitted" for us?

Hi there! We planned our wedding from Australia so hopefully I will be able to give you some advice :) We went back to SG in July for 2 weeks and visited 3 places (Ling Jewellery, eClarity, Vivo diamonds) before deciding to get our rings from Ling Jewellery. They can size the ring etc on the same day and it takes about 3 months to be done. We were only back again in Dec (2 weeks prior to the wedding) and there was no problem upon collection. I think it depends on how fussy you are or whether you'd find something you both like, but I reckon it can be done in a few days. Good luck!

germanium9

Hi there! We planned our wedding from Australia so hopefully I will be able to give you some advice :) We went back to SG in July for 2 weeks and visited 3 places (Ling Jewellery, eClarity, Vivo diamonds) before deciding to get our rings from Ling Jewellery. They can size the ring etc on the same day and it takes about 3 months to be done. We were only back again in Dec (2 weeks prior to the wedding) and there was no problem upon collection. I think it depends on how fussy you are or whether you'd find something you both like, but I reckon it can be done in a few days. Good luck!
Thank you so much!
May I ask what is the price range of wedding bands in Ling Jewellery and eClarity?

hidamari

After been to several jewellery shop , I finally havr my wedding bands from ling jewellery . I will recommend ling for their professional and good customer service.

j.koh

Thank you so much!
May I ask what is the price range of wedding bands in Ling Jewellery and eClarity?

Our pair cost about $3k - platinum band with half circle of diamonds for mine and plain champagne gold band for him. I think eClarity quoted about a similar price but my husband preferred the ring design at Ling Jewellery. You can easily get a pair for less if you go for white gold or without diamonds. Do you know what you are after?

naiyoucreamy

I think unless you get ready made ones otherwise i think its kinda hard to settle within days. It took almost 2 wks just to resize my bf's one... i realise most ppl actually customize...

Shamet

We got ours from Venus Tears. I understand that they are from Japan? Not sure if they are priced differently in Japan? We got our pair for $2.7k. We waited a few months as they had to do the ring in japan and send it to Singapore.

j.koh

Oh when I said settle within days I meant pick the ring design and sizing. Then afterwards it'd take time to make the ring. I believe they should be professional enough to get the ring sized correctly the first time round. (All this referring to customised rings)

germanium9

Thanks everyone for your comments! We haven't really gone ring shopping yet, so we don't know what kind of rings we want. But I'm trying to see if I shd do the ring shopping in sg or Japan. It seems like it's a little hard to do in SG because they don't really have the time...

danies morris

While you are hiring a band for your wedding, you need to keep in mind if they can play the type of music you want. If you are about to hire one of bands for weddings, it is always good if you ask them firstly about the total cost for the whole event.

Hey BTBs, I just got a pair of wedding rings fr JannPaul at $1.8K. The female ring has a row of 27 small diaminds. My colleague highly recommended JannPaul too. The service is good. Perks include a bear ring cushion, free engraving & FOC ring resizing or polishing (for 1 time) within 2yrs.

momoshi

I called ling jewellery and the lady said I have to make an appt before going down. But she said that I can drop by during lunch to have a look at the designs.

So I went down during lunch and was looking through the displays when an uncle told me that they are not retailers like sookee or leehwa. They are professional wedding ring designers and so I must make an appt to sit down with the designer for 1 to 2 hours to discuss. I told him I understand but I just want to have a look at designs to get some ideas for the bride's ring as my fiance has already decided on a basic one. But the uncle just kept on saying that I must make an appt and his attitude really makes it seem like I'm not welcomed into the shop to look at designs. Really felt as if I'm being told off for entering their shop. If they are al-so-mightly, why not just keep all designs and have the designer hold on to a notebook and draw on the spot? Professionals will listen to your request and brief you a little instead of straightaway telling you to go back make appt.

They just lost a potential customer.

OYHZ

I called ling jewellery and the lady said I have to make an appt before going down. But she said that I can drop by during lunch to have a look at the designs.

So I went down during lunch and was looking through the displays when an uncle told me that they are not retailers like sookee or leehwa. They are professional wedding ring designers and so I must make an appt to sit down with the designer for 1 to 2 hours to discuss. I told him I understand but I just want to have a look at designs to get some ideas for the bride's ring as my fiance has already decided on a basic one. But the uncle just kept on saying that I must make an appt and his attitude really makes it seem like I'm not welcomed into the shop to look at designs. Really felt as if I'm being told off for entering their shop. If they are al-so-mightly, why not just keep all designs and have the designer hold on to a notebook and draw on the spot? Professionals will listen to your request and brief you a little instead of straightaway telling you to go back make appt.

Was he occupied with another customer, or maybe he has an upcoming appointment?

I've visited private jeweller on impromptu decisions before. They asked to make an appointment for a later date for discussion, but definitely didn't stop us from browsing around in the store then.

momoshi

Was he occupied with another customer, or maybe he has an upcoming appointment?

I've visited private jeweller on impromptu decisions before. They asked to make an appointment for a later date for discussion, but definitely didn't stop us from browsing around in the store then.
Not occupied with customer. I definitely understand that it is impt to make appt with private jeweller. But to stop me from browsing seems very rude to me. He kept emphasizing that I need to make appt as if I can't understand him. I think it shd be alright for customers to look at designs first so that wun waste the 1 to 2 hrd time talking with designers. It's not as if I got ask him questions or asking to try on the rings.

OYHZ

Not occupied with customer. I definitely understand that it is impt to make appt with private jeweller. But to stop me from browsing seems very rude to me. He kept emphasizing that I need to make appt as if I can't understand him. I think it shd be alright for customers to look at designs first so that wun waste the 1 to 2 hrd time talking with designers. It's not as if I got ask him questions or asking to try on the rings.

Maybe he wanna make sure that you all get the necessary attention and service and clinch the deal.. haha. instead of having customers browsing, obtain ideas and then customise the similar design elsewhere..
But I understand how you feel. Sometimes the way these customer service ppl convey their msges can feel rather rude.. I'll just tell myself, "oh well, not fated" and spend my money elsewhere instead :D

I've also walked into
Ling jewellery without appointment but my experience was quite different. We were attended to by a lady who seemed quite cheery - she did tell us to make an appointment next time but she let us browse freely and I think I even tried on some rings. She also mentioned that they have a lot of walk in customers because the groupon collection point is just nearby - that's one of their sources of income. I agree - shouldn't stop people from browsing. I'm usually lazy to make appointments - prefer to just walk in to see what kind of stuff they have.

Anyone tried fairy's inc? Their rings look really pretty and unique.

Starleaf

My experience with Ling was totally different. We made an appointment prior to going down though. The lady who attended to us was really attentive and helpful, even providing recommendations on potentially what can be customised and what is not advisable. She even went on to ask her designer if whatever we wanted was cost friendly. We spent about 2 hrs there looking at and choosing the designs. In fact, I couldn't decide between 2 rings and was there staring at the 2 rings for a good 30 to 45 mins. The lady just left me to decide and did not try to rush me to a decision. Anyway, I collected the wedding bands last Sat and they offered to help us clean the rings as and when we need to. Overall experience was really good.

momoshi

My experience with Ling was totally different. We made an appointment prior to going down though. The lady who attended to us was really attentive and helpful, even providing recommendations on potentially what can be customised and what is not advisable. She even went on to ask her designer if whatever we wanted was cost friendly. We spent about 2 hrs there looking at and choosing the designs. In fact, I couldn't decide between 2 rings and was there staring at the 2 rings for a good 30 to 45 mins. The lady just left me to decide and did not try to rush me to a decision. Anyway, I collected the wedding bands last Sat and they offered to help us clean the rings as and when we need to. Overall experience was really good.
I believe if its the other lady who I spoke to on the phone it would be a pleasant trip. I'm fine with the staff telling me to make appt. Its his attitude of repeating it when I'm just glancing through the designs and having already told him I know that I need make appt and that I actually have the design in mind. His attitude really makes me feel unwelcome and as if I'm like a thief. That is no way to treat a customer no matter which line you are in. No respect for customer.

I actually heard the other lady talking to a customer and it really sounds like the service is qute good.

Maybe I suay.

Me & HTB also just walked in with the intention of browsing b4 making appointement. A lady who attended to us was not with any customers told us to make appointment. But we requested to browse thru ring designs 1st. She didnt stop us. But after the incident, I somehow lost interest in Ling Jewellery & decided to give JannPaul a chance. Guess what, we bought fr JP on our 1st visit.

i'm overall a happy and satisfying customer from ling jewelley, was served by a lady name Tracy, v helpful, outgoing fun lady...fix an appointment to go down, didnt thought of buying bt end up we purchase and rings was collected mths later which we alr did. ;) i believed @Starleaf is being attended by Tracy too...

OYHZ

I went to Ling jewellery before and experience was also good. The designer was very accommodating and patient too. I do make appt before going down.

However my final decision on my wedding band was with JannPaul. back to the place where I customize my wedding propoal ring. :D

You can take a look at my wedding bands.
http://seraphicx.blogspot.sg/2014/12/count-down-to-rom-wedding-band-is-ready.html

Read your post, the bands are so lovely indeed! How much did they cost? Is rose gold pricier than white gold?

zrhs

Read your post, the bands are so lovely indeed! How much did they cost? Is rose gold pricier than white gold?

Hi thanks for the compliment! I love it so much. Personally like thick bands and blings so this wedding band design have the elements. Eternity rings + thick band. It is slightly pricey as compare to other retailed whereby you can get 1 pair of ring less than 2K. Mine cost slightly less than 4K. I am not sure if rose gold are more pricier than white gold, i didn't pop that question before.
Do make appointment before going Jannpaul. Actually wedding band are under their father jewellery shop name House of Hung they are located same store.

OYHZ

Hi thanks for the compliment! I love it so much. Personally like thick bands and blings so this wedding band design have the elements. Eternity rings + thick band. It is slightly pricey as compare to other retailed whereby you can get 1 pair of ring less than 2K. Mine cost slightly less than 4K. I am not sure if rose gold are more pricier than white gold, i didn't pop that question before.
Do make appointment before going Jannpaul. Actually wedding band are under their father jewellery shop name House of Hung they are located same store.

Oh didn't know their wedding bands are sold under House of Hung instead. But anyway i don't think it's pricey considering that both are eternity bands.. :) It's just that I had noted at other stores that rose gold is more expensive than white gold - i.e. Bvlgari or Cartier iirc.

Do you get to choose what carat size diamonds to use for the ring? And also the shape.. Cos I'm kind of looking at square diamonds instead of round ones.

zrhs

Oh didn't know their wedding bands are sold under House of Hung instead. But anyway i don't think it's pricey considering that both are eternity bands.. :) It's just that I had noted at other stores that rose gold is more expensive than white gold - i.e. Bvlgari or Cartier iirc.

Do you get to choose what carat size diamonds to use for the ring? And also the shape.. Cos I'm kind of looking at square diamonds instead of round ones.

Yes. i change my diamond to bigger size to make it look slightly different from the hub.
it can be done and you can even give ideas and design the bands too. they will advise if is feasible anot

jjjk

I had a wonderful experience at Ling Jewellery, quite different from the 2 times I was at JannPaul where it was always crowded and bustling with activity. It took almost 2 months of rescheduling before we finally made it to Ling, but no regrets. We liaised with Tracy over email but was attended by Ling herself at the appointment. Ours was the last slot of the day and the only couple in the shop left 5min after we stepped in, leaving us with this really exclusive, welcoming and personal environment to slowly browse and try on their rings in peace. Ling was patient and attentive to my preferences and I just kept on trying ring after ring. I wasn't feeling pressured at any one point although I was more concerned about the time than Ling herself. In the end, my fiancé and I coincidentally picked rings from the same pair, which miraculously fit our respective fingers to a T. We could have literally walked out of the shop with the display pair but of course Ling promised us brand new ones.

Having continued this ring search for months at JP and the other mass retailers, I certainly wasn't expecting to make an immediate purchase on our first visit. 2 weeks have passed since our appointment but I still think of our rings every day. That's how I know we must really have found the perfect rings for us. :)

tulipkiss

Finally ordered our wedding bands yesterday! :) Mine is half eternity band. Htb ring is a simple matte white gold band. Got for around 2.5k from JannPaul.. Not sure whether it's a good price, but we are satisfied with the service..

chocolatefrog92

fiance got ours done at argentum! pure silver n ours was a custom set that fit together. can upload pix if anyone interested to see. hee hee
owner (shing? or something) was quite hard to reach though

micheelllee

Went wedding band hunting today and did not find anything that matches my proposal ring. Went to love and co but we both didn't see anything we have the feel for. Went to Sookee and also some others at Wisma itself but nothing caught our eye. We are looking for plain ones but it's seems like it's tough to find too.

Finally went to T&C and saw a pair of gold bands without diamonds with small i love you engraving all around and we really like it! We both loved it but it is wayyy out of our Budget.

Going down to JP to take a look as since my proposal ring is from there too. I didn't expect choosing to be so tough. HAHAHA.

Collected my wedding bands from Jann Paul last two weeks. Love it to the max
Oooh your wedding bands are so pretty!

My SO and I have been down to JP a couple of times to take a look at both e-ring and wedding bands. My SO's the kind who like the plain design and I love duo-tone rings. I want our wedding bands to be in a set so I guess however our wedding bands are like will be up to him since he's fussy about it!

We kinda narrowed down the tentative wedding band design to a plain matte victorian design for him, and a half eternity ring for me.

I've tried a lot of the rings in JP and I really like their service. Not pushy, letting me try all the different rings, in different settings etc. Been down 3 times and have not made a decision yet, but I can see ourselves buying from JP :D

kemise

we bought our wedding bands from JP too! Really extremely pleased with their service! Their after sales service were superb too, always offering cleaning service and even allowing us to alter the ring size (both my engagement ring, and his wedding band as his knuckles became bigger over 6 months due to his job).
Really like how we could customize the wedding bands to our liking, and how they provide their valuable opinions during the designing process. As both of us are pretty active, we chose a simpler design (and no diamonds) so that it can stand the daily wear :) Chose platinum as our metal since it feels heavier and sturdy. We could even chose a mixture of matte and shiny platinum for some slight contrast.

_NO_1775.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlxmgfve30ovksk/_NO_1775.jpg?dl=0

Took this photo during our ROM during Christmas :) So glad that we are finally able to wear our wedding bands together ! :)