Village Hotel Changi

uk_fung

They referring to your friend? hmmm hard to say wor... some will check your buffet price and match it.. some just give you a wedding gift... some might give you market rate ($60?) really depends your friends...

awhimsicaljen

anyone going to the wedding show at CVH tmrw?
happy.gif

just curious, how much red packet will you gals give if you're invited to a wedding dinner at CVH?

uk_fung

erm... actually most of the ppl now go by market rate... be it u are at rest/ hotel / different location... market rate now should be $80-100 at least.

yhjl

went there during their wedding show, didnt like it esp bcos of the location, facade looks old (i told my husband they shouldnt use white tiles which will show up dirt and algae), mediocre food (the chinese high tea was bad but western items were pretty gd) and priciness considering the location and set-up. am thinking of marriot instead, no one will complain of inaccessiblity! wld have gone for swissotel but comments dont seem impressive. but hope everything improves for all who have booked there! think def need to talk abt expectatione beforehand so that u wldnt be disappointed on ur special day

angelana

For Anyone who is still interested in their packages, you can still look for Ms. Jenny Tan, who is the DIRECTOR of SALES. She has never left Changi Village Hotel....Wonder why are some ppl scaring others...But The place is worth it for its ambience and view. :)

jennyd

My AD is 03/10/09 and I think Dan the catering manager is great. I used to have some gripes but if I think about it, he is extremely busy arranging other people's actual weddings (else will kena complain) and it's good for us to be proactive about our own event.

Dan has been very helpful so far, and I'm happy to have him as my coordinator. He does sometimes forget but it helps to drop him an email or an sms and he replies almost immediately.

Good luck to all the BTBs out there!

jennyd

Hi Jalene,
FYI:
CV Hotel goes up to a max of 25 tables only.
Ambience is really good, food was not too bad at the wedding show in May 2008. Service was good then, very attentive, but that could be for the show.
happy.gif

jennyd

Hi Baby Breakfast,

I'm a CVH btb too. Mine's in Oct'09. What about u?
happy.gif

Maybe we can get things rolling here. Hehe...

baby_breakfast

Hi jennyd, wat's your programme like? I would be taking the poolside solemnisation followed by the banquet.. what about you? any comments so far??

jennyd

Hi Baby Breakfast,
I will also be holding a poolside solemnisation, followed by hi-tea buffet, then a dinner banquet in the ballroom at night.

So far Dan has been really nice and helpful. He's very busy though, so I usually have to be pro-active in contacting him but he's fast in answering any doubts.
happy.gif

sean_ng

Hi all,
I have the following items for sale from my wedding last Friday.
All items are brand new and only bought few days before my actual day.
Please send me an email at seanngyl@gmail for more details.

1) Martell VSOP, 70cl, duty paid, 8 bottles, $70 each

2) Berri Estates Cabernet Sauvignon, 75cl, duty paid, 22 bottles, $18 each

starry_83

Hi jennyd,

Thanks. Any idea wats the price range like? They only published the price of the dinner banquets on their web
happy.gif

baby_breakfast

jenny d - oh so your guests get to enjoy 2 meals? or are they different groups of guests? I find their per head charges on the buffet rather costly, but i will be catering fingerfood from them to feed my guests

jennyd

baby breakfast:
the afternoon guests are a smaller group, more like close frens and family. and you're right, they're really costly. but renting the poolside by itself will cost $3000, so might as well just get the buffet too.

i can only keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't rain!

jennyd

they charge extra for the food, 3k is just rental for the poolside venue, with no deco / sound system. basically they're just making it more worth it to get the package.

sillycow

I just had my solemnisation last sunday at CVH...i think the deco n food quite good...
only its very warm in the afternoon...mine is tea buffet...

jennyd

Hi Julia,
Congrats!
happy.gif
Warm weather is better than wet weather. Was the quantity of food enough for your guest? I'm a bit worried about that. Dunno if the portions will be small.

sillycow

Hi jennyd, Cant post big pictures here..
If you want i can email some pics to you
happy.gif

I find the staff there v accomodating & nice..
You will have a fantastic wedding in oct!

porkchopz

i'm thinking of holding my wedding at changi village hotel. Anyone care to share with me their services and the food?

baby_breakfast

Dear all, I am typing to you from CVH bridal suite!!! We chose CVH because my hubby and I had our first date here. I juz wanna share that I had a great experience here! Everyone was helpful in the entire preparation and not to mention all the good comments we received about the setting for poolside solemnisation. Special mention to Talisa and Dan who oversee all coordination work. Mr Khalid who was so kind to assist in all security matters. If you want a romantic and unforgettable wedding, I really think CVH is the place.

dreamer11

Hi SLayer,
Can you share more info? I'm having my ROM next yr at CVH... a bit worried as the wedding coordinator keeps changing!! Who's yrs?

alphaomega

my coordinator kept changing too. from Talisa to Dan then to priscilla...Priscilla is quite a nice lady. Because she is transferred to take over Dan from another dept so tends to be abit blur. Apart from that everthing still turned out pretty well. My husband demanded that ronce envy provide the setting we want..they rejected us but finally agreed after much persuation..keep cool yar dreamer..the coordinating is not as bad as it seems...just keep communicating with them and it'll be fine. =D

dreamer11

Mine is from Candy to talisa now to Carrie... hopefully it turns out well..did u hold it at the poolside at level 8 or the creek?

alphaomega

hi dreamer11 mine was at the poolside on level 8. Luckily there wasnt any guest swimming that day if not its gona be noisy..=D

j0yle_tann

went to have a look at CVH, love the huge reception area, but the ballroom has odd pillars at odd places... how many tables did you guys fit into the ballroom during ur weddings? 25 tables into the ballroom jus nice? too packed?

alphaomega

yes they provide microphones..there is even an IT person in charge of your sound system. you can only test the system on the day itself about 2hrs before the event.

feliive

Hi I am considering CVH because I think the view there is great.. Anyone have any idea how many tables they can accomodate because mine is quite a big group?
happy.gif