blessedger

Hi Jamie,
You've got mail!
happy.gif

Cheers,
Jaslyn

bbgal555

Hi all..

I am intending to have my wedding done at CVH next year too..
I'm upset that i had my package at quite a standard rate onli. cos they apparently turn out to be pretty stringent with things..

have actually talked to several of their staff fr sales catering side since april this year.. n their turnover rate is/was so high, that i had to liaise with 3 different staff fr time to time. each time things that were discussed with different person was not penned down in black n white.. n i had to make it a point to speak to Irene Koh, the sales manager recently, then only, agendas were finally drafted out.

However so, i'm still nt tat really pleased, especially nw tat i realised that the above BTB/GTB(s) have free extra nite stays with upgrades to executive, where mine is onli a junior suite. N on top of that, I did nt get the wedding fair rate, tat was promised by the previous staff fr CVH. had it nt been for the serenity of the hotel, i'd hv opted for other hotels.

Can any kind souls give me any tips on hw to get a better deal fr them..

they've sent me the contract, but i've yet to send it bk to them with the deposit.

[email protected]

jackjoryne

i had toi give up my beer for another nite stay and am getting the junior suit as well.
i had already sign the contacts. if u like drop me any email and i let u know what i have..
sigh.. My brother just had his in July. also very limited stuff.. same thing. if it wasnt that fact taht is very diff from the rest of the hotel. i wont have choose it. infact.. hyatt Hilton gave me a pretty good deal ..

bbgal555

heyhey Jack..

I couldn't find ur email.. nor can i private message u.. think it's ur setting or something like tat.. would ya like to chk dear...
happy.gif

blessedger

Hello, elstrial, Nicole & Roger,
You've got mail!

Sorry for the dalay as hasn't been to this forum for quite awhile..
happy.gif

jackjoryne

they have a wedding show coming up soon
maybe those that are interested can pop by there
i made my choice when i was at the wedding show and i think the package given during the promo will be more attractive

wendily

I couldn't get anybody to help me with my wedding..

call and call but nobody pick up the phone...

Was intending to have in Jan, now wondering if i can make it anot..

wendily

I have the wedding package from them already.. coz i went down to their place to view..

Very nice..

For their buffet line is $88 +++ (For dinner) 2008 price.

I think for their banquet dinner in ball room is about 686+++

I didn't bring along with me now.. Its in the car.. but their price is quite steep..

blessedger

Hi Candy
You've got mail!
The prices that i have gotten previously might differ a bit as I heard that they have adjusted their pricing.

Cheers
JK

jackjoryne

hihi.. yup. alot of people think that since it so far out. the price should be cheap.but it not.
if you were to compare the price with other hotel, you will realise that its price slightly higher due to it location and ambience.
I went through many hotels before deciding on changi village hotel, partly due to the fact that i had propose to her there so i thought it will be great to have our wedding there too.
if u are not rushing . take your time n talk to the catering people in the various hotel and see which one u are most comfortable with.

wendily

I agree with jack, their price are slightly higher than other hotels out there..

Their price can be compared to 4 or 5 stars hotel banquet prices!!

But i think ultimately its still up to the couple, for me i've decided to hold it there because i like outdoor wedding, and personally going down there, makes me even firmed on my decision.

Thought the prices are steep, for me, i just invite lesser ppl.

They have a wedding show this saturday, those interested should go down, coz i think able to negotiate the prices easier! haha..

jackjoryne

haha ya.. most impt thing is to find a place that both you and your partner is comfortable with. The wedding show is on sat
my food tasting on sun. hmmmm.. maybe they give me left over from the wedding show?
:p

lovingcouple

Hi,

But from other forum or from other thread, their catering person keep changing every few months... n it is really very stressful for couples.

I got a fren who is a confirmed couple there...less than 1 yr, it change 2-3 catering person n often the communication will breakdown n my fren have to repeat n repeat again.

wendily

I came back from the wedding show.. paid my deposit.. but.. am really regretting now..

I don't like the catering manager who served us..

Very very very very bad service..

Anyone have any idea how i can write about this kind of service.. And hopefully how the hotel can make it up for us..

Those who wants to know what happened can PM me..

blessedger

Hi Wendily,
Just tried to PM you but seems like u did not activate it. Who was the person u spoke with? I know irene just left and a new person took over, wondering whether that is the person. Pls e-mail me at [email protected]. Really wish to find out more as I remember early this year when we went for their wedding show, most of the pple there are quite friendly...
Tks

Cheers,
Jaslyn

mimimo24

hi wendily, i attended the wedding show as well, and am interested in their package though we haven't signed up yet. Yr PM is not activated, can u email me at [email protected] with more details about the bad service you faced?

wendily

Do you guys know that the hotel manager actually reads the forum?

They just called me...

I guess forum is really useful.. Post all your unhappiness and they respond almost immediately!

blessedger

hihi wendily, what is your e-mail address?

btw, just would like to find out did anyone cater for transport for yr guest? I'm just wondering where wld be a convenient pick up location?

Cheers,
jaslyn

wendily

I think i don't dare to post any comments now.. hee hee.. I think i better not name the manager also..

Hi JK, my email address is [email protected]
They mentioned that i have to get my own transport to cater my guests if i want to, they will not provide shuttle service. I guess the fastest and most convenient will be at pasir ris. Its nearer to go to CVH.

Hi Weiwei, I realized the service was bad but i still paid the deposit because i really like the place a lot. I already had my wedding planned long ago. His actions should not be a factor because we can always get him changed. Most importantly, we are happy!

mapleleaf

Hi all,

My wedding banquet is coming soon and I am a bit worried about the poor service mentioned thus far. When we first visited CVH last year, the catering manager serving us was good. We felt very comfortable with her. I was quite sad when I realised that she was leaving and after that, the job has changed hands twice or more. I still pray that everything will work out well and that we will be able to work well with the current catering manager and that he will be able to provide us with good service and cater to our needs. Certainly, for such a nice place with a very special ambience that many other hotels do not have, excellent service will make it a place more worth considering despite the steep pricing and the inconvenient location.

wendily

Hi Mapleleaf..

Don't worry.. I'm sure their service will definately improved after this incident.. haha.. Did you went to their wedding show?

Coz i personally felt that the waiter/waitress were very new... and unstable..

When they were serving the sharkfins.. this gal (waitress/forigner) accidentally had her finger slipped into my sharkfins.. I think she thought i didn't not notice it.. because she placed it in front of me.. but of coz i didn't take the sharkfins.. What a waste.. haha..

blessedger

hihi wendily,
i have dropped u a mail.
Btw, does CVH provide outdoor wedding now? ..
Other than the poolside wedding..

Cheers,
jaslyn

wendily

Its still the poolside.. but its at level 1. Just outside one of this restaurant.. its near the green..

Quite nice place.. coz i thot there's only one pool at level 8.. but there's another one on the 1st floor..

You can go and take a look...

jackjoryne

that one by the 1st floor is very nice if u plan to have it in the nite time. the top pool will not be as nice if u have it at nite.
too dark.. so if u want outdoor .. get the creek. go visit it at nite and u will get what i mean

wendily

Hi..

They can cater the max 12 tables. If you want more, you have to book the restaurant, saltwater which is beside the pool, for an additional of 8k. That was what i was quoted.

wendily

Hi All,

to those who are interested in my 'case'. haha.. i think CVH did a great job in following up, especially Jenny (i think she is the asst sales director). LIke i mentioned, i wrote an email to express my unhappiness, she did call back the very day or next i think. She sounded very professional and really make me feel that my 'woes' are heard by them.

At least now i'm not so worried anymore..

Anyone held their wedding already?

blessedger

hi wendily
can u send me jenny's e-mail ctc? my e-mail is [email protected]

Hi Jack,
my wedding is next year May...usually how soon do we need to finalise everything?
And what are the things to prepare in summary?
happy.gif

happy planning!

wendily

Hi JK gal..
I will PM u her address tonight. its not with me now.

Hi Cutecat,
I will also send u tonight.. not with me.. LOL..