The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

sad

Hi

Anyone has signed up a weekday package with fullerton before the bridal show? Apparently they lowered the price but pp like me who signed up before that don't get the better deal. In fact we are worse off because the package price is lowered and the menu seems better. Anyone with the same problem as me?

Really sad....

josephine

hi fullerton brides,

my wedding will be on NOV 2003 @ fullerton too. didn't attend the bridal show with TED WU.
Anyone can share more on his designs and on the bridal show?

I'll be going to the X-Zen bridal show this coming Sunday. Anyone going as well?

happy.gif

rain

hi josephine, i hv no time to attend X-Zen show, so it will be great if you could gv us more feedback of yr thoughts of X-zen design/pkge later. thanks in advance. (btw, where is the x-zen show held?
as for ted wu i hear he did great peranakan sty with beads etc... u can check out ted wu forum.
i also visit fullerton and elizabeth is manager inchrge, lucky you already cfm with fullerton cos for me i like the place but its pricey. (so change to grand copthorne instead) i heard they also provide voilin/piana pcs during reception at fullerton, so romantic.

congratulation to all

K

keline

Hi all
i attended the ted wu bridal show in fullerton and i also signed up with fullerton late last mth on a weekend packages.

I find ted wu design for 2002 a bit different from the rest of the boutique. I guess he used a lot of thai silk for gowns and tuxedo. and he used a lot of different colours like green, red and yellow gown...

i also reckon the weekdays packages drop a lot in terms of prices...it so unfair to the pple who had booked b4 that.

josephine

hi rain,
thanks for the info on ted wu.
yeah, fullerton provide a pianist for weekend package(SAT), for me, there won't be any. coz i'm on a SUN package. But i'm allow to use the piano if i can find someone to play .
biggrin.gif

Grand copthorne is also very nice. it was also one of my shortlisted venue, didn't choose becoz i didn't have the no. of guest to meet the min. table req.

the x-zen bridal show is gonna be held at the new IMPERIUM chinese dining @ Ngee Ann City.
I will share more here after the bridal show
wink.gif

Btw, have u book with any bridal boutique?

Hi keline,
Thanks for the info on Ted Wu too!
i guess ted we designs are a bit more daring huh?
I'm also on a weekend package with Fullerton. Is yours on a sat or sun? who is your banquet mgr?

K

keline

Hi josephine,

mine is on sat. My banquet manager is thomas.
yours? heard elizabeth, another banquet manager also very good.
They are quite resistent to add any more 'frills' in their package. We thought 38 tables were too much, even if we want less than 38,let sya 33 what they do is to 38times $838 + 1.165 GST etc
divide by 33...
You end up paying more for less....
talk to you soon...

rain

hi josephine
thanks in advance, and i look forward to yr feedback of X-zen. Nope i hv not book any bridal pkge yet, but X-zen was one of my choice becos i frequent the place for haircuts/perms. their hair styling quite suits me but i am unsure of the bridal, thats y i need more info.

as for fullerton, i heard they have re-concept the floral pc/design which are rather different and nice. so i believe you wil hv a splendid/grand wedding at fullerton. hey jo u know wat, my wedding month is the same as yours i.e. NOV 2003 sunday, but mine will be at Grand Copthorne - 90% cfm. which date is yours?
proud.gif

hi keline, actually i heard alot of tedwu and all those nice bridal like kai, vera wang. etc which are on the high end. but i guess we can always refer to magazine and get a beautiful but not so expensive designer to make something of the same but not so costly. get 1 or 2 close girlfriends to help you with it. you will look a million dollar without paying a bomb
happy.gif

K

keline

hi rain and jos,

thanks for your info!
happy.gif

actually my wedding is in NOV 03 SAT too!
i think by now, the good dates by premier hotels should have been taken up liao...

let me know if your need any more info....
see ya
happy.gif

josephine

Hi keline,
My banquet Mgr is Elizabeth. She's also a nice lady. Yup, not many frills added in. But the overall package is ok.
As the date draws near, we can discuss on the banquet decor, food tasting and stuffs! too early to say now *hee*

Mine is NOV 02 2003(sun). Yours is NOV this year or next year?

Hi Rain,
when is yours? same date?

K

keline

hi jos,

mine is on 1 Nov 2003!!! oh, so near!!!
when did you book your date? i just confirm early this mth...

ya man, we can tok about it when it draws near...have you select your bridal boutique?
i still looking around...confused...

give you my [email protected]

yipee! some one to accompany me liao
happy.gif

B

botticelli

Hi gals

I am also considering Fullerton. Would it be possible to share with me your package costs for the weekend? And the minimum number of tables?

I did not have the time to go to the wedding show at the Fullerton.. sounds like I miss out on the good deal specially drawn up for the show

K

keline

hi bottellic,

The weekday package had drop to $708. I think they are promoting very hard to promote their weekday packages..

the friday & sunday package is at $768 and sat is at $838. But most of their dates up till Nov and Dec 2003 for weekend had been fully booked...
but no harm trying...i had a hard time getting my dates too...

good luck
happy.gif

josephine

hi keline!
Yippie!!
bounce.gif
we are on the same weekend. Tat means to say , we might even get to meet u know. Since your is on SAT, we have 2 nights stay at the loft suite,... on my wedding nite(SUN), you will still be there ;) do drop by huh!!
biggrin.gif

HUH! really drop to $768+++(SUN)???
sad.gif
about $30+++ cheaper. OMG. I sign my package around JUNE. tat's why managed to get my desired date lor.

Did u get your package at the discount price at the bridal show or at the original rate??

I also haven't decide on my bridal yet. that's why going to the X-Zen bridal show this weekend to see see.

Hey i think we will have our food tasting around the same time huh! Ok u can also email me if you got any more sharings and queries!

Hi bottellic,
The table reqs. is for SAT(38), SUN(35).
for more info, you can go to www.fullertonhotel.com website to see the wedding packages.
I would advise you to make an appt. with the banquet managers there and take a peek at the ballroom
wink.gif

Have fun!

K

keline

hi josephine!!

hey, i am so delighted!!!Din noe exepcted to see someone who book the same wedding date and same hotel!!

you know, this is great! Cos we can talk about the food tasting , everything etc and even tried to bargain with the managers...like example let say,i have an additional nite at fullerton, you can bargain saying , "keline have an additional nite, i a1so want.." hahahah!!!!
happy.gif

Hey, i really not sure if it is 768 or 798. I can't remember. But i do noe the weekdays packages
drop by 60 bucks to 708 which is so much of a differences.

i got my banquet at the original rate at 838. No discount on weekend package, so i think yours still remain at 798.

do you want to sign up as members in femalebridesonline.com? my username there is hawkflyers. Then you can also send private messages to me!!!

maybe we can even come out to meet one day(drawing nearer to our wedding date
happy.gif

see ya
happy.gif

rain

hi keline/jo, wow you 2 are 'closed' already, haha, mine is on Nov 9 '2003, its a week later than yours. so chance to meet u 2 is slim but i would love to share with you all the details later, (i hv not contact elizabeth yet, sigh)

jo, i am calling edwin from X-zen to see got tickets to see the bridal show or not, maybe will be seeing you there too.

josephine

hi rain,

happy.gif
you are also a Nov Bride!!! actually yours is also quite close to our date mah....
wink.gif
So yours will also be on a SUN!

hope that you can get your tickets to the show....maybe can see u there huh!
happy.gif

gggg

hi jo,
this is rain, i am registered under 'gggg' so just to let you know. yes i hope i can get tickets but if you are interested to go x-zen, let me know too. maybe can go down together and get a double packge (at nov mah we both) so can 'squeeze' them for more perks. hahah
keep in touch,

keline, hv you got yr pkge? wana join and get a triple pkge? hahaha.

both - my username is 'ggg' in femalebridesonline.com...hope to see both of u

amy

Hi all, I am also one of the Nov 2003 brides at Fullerton! anyone can share with me the extra perks that you guys managed to bargain with?

K

keline

hi amy,

for me, i din manage to ask for perks. I only get more free parking and manage to change my tea to a dinner in the room.

Is yours a sat package?

you can email me at [email protected]...
tell you more.
happy.gif

gee

harlows keline, rain and amy!
so glad to meet fullerton-nov 2003 brides!
i'm one too! mine's on the 8th nov (sat)...
so guess we can discuss n plan together huh?
it feels great to have pple to plan with!!!
happy.gif

jewels

Hi all,
I just had my wedding at Fullerton...it's fantastic!!! Everything went smoothly, the food, the ambience etc...the set up plus the candles from the centrepiece makes the ballroom looks so romantic! My banquet manager is Elizabeth and the banquet captain is Dalland. Both of them did such a fantastic job that my hubby and I felt so relax throughout the dinner!
The serving crew certainly did their job well and this was complimented by our guests who also enjoyed the food and the spaciousness of the ballroom (40 tables) which made everyone very comfortable.
Initially, we booked the hotel because I like the place and ballroom but we're still abit hesitant because the price for per table is abit steep compared to the others, but after our big night, we felt it's really worth it! I must say, it's really my perfect wedding!!
For those of you who are still hesitating to book Fullerton for your special event, hesitate no more!

josephine

hi jewels,
congrats!
biggrin.gif
....really glad to hear that you had a lovely and beautiful experience with Fullerton! u make me so excited about mine which is still more than 1 year away!! my banquet mgr is also Elizabeth.
if u don't mind, do u have any pictures to share with all the fullerton brides here,..so we can drool on the lovely ballroom and decor!! and of course the lovely bride and bridegroom
happy.gif
did your guest commented anything? on the food, decor, service?

Thanks!

jewels

josephine,
Thanks, I'm sure Elizabeth will make your day as special to you like it is to me!
My pictures are not ready yet as my wedding is just last week (21/9/02)but will surely share with you guys once it's ready!
Anyway, as I've mentioned earlier, my guests commented that the service is excellent, the decor is romantic, and most off all, they are impress with the quality of the food! Overall, like what one of my friends commented, "impressive" is the word.

K

keline

Hi jewels!

congrats to you!!! great that you had a fantastic wedding! most imptly, it is the whole experience that counts!
happy.gif

tatty(josephine..)
haha, ain't we glad?
jewels, tatty is holding her wedding one day after mine at fullerton next year!!
haha..now we can rest assured at least there are quite a number of good comments on fullerton
happy.gif

my banquet manger is thomas..is he ok?
happy.gif

tok to you all soon
happy.gif

josephine

hi jewels!
tks for sharing...
happy.gif
i have greater faith in fullerton service now!

hey keline!
yup! so happy to hear good comments abt fullerton.!!

binbin

helo dear all!
i am thinking of having fullerton as my first choice. really like the ambience, the room, and the Jade food. listening to all of you, it sounds even better already...
happy.gif

can you advise what to look out for?
we are thinkin of march to july 2004. but the almanac is nt out yet. but yet we afraid of booking too late. how far in advance did you ladies book? pls help....thanks!

M

mmay

hi everyone!

i'm thinking of having my wedding at the fullerton in june'03 but i'm not in singapore right now so no chance to look at the ballroom. anyone with pictures to share?

also, has anyone worked with garey lin at the fullerton before?

thanks!

mich

Hi BinBin, try to negotiate for more items and make sure your co-ordinator writes them down in the contract (or at least any email correspondence).

Hi mmay, no pictures to share with you but I really like their ballroom. Very unique and cosy. My wedding will be held there May 03. Have you checked out whether the date you are interested in is available yet?

M

mmay

hi mich,

yes, the day i want is available but apparently, there's another couple interested as well. i can't believe this but my parents are too lazy to go check the ballroom so now i'm trying to find pictures of it! who's your wedding coordinator?

sweets

hi mmay,
I have 2 pics from Fullerton, when I was interested in them the last go around. However, I only possess the hard copies...I know u are located in the US as well, if u are where I am, I will be pleased to meet up and pop them over, else pop them in the mail. Sorry, I dun own a color scanner (opic only got b/w, not too marvelous technology around here....grin...Let me know. Cheers.

M

mmay

hi sweets,

just replied to your other msg
happy.gif

would love to have the pics if you can spare.... hope you're in nyc then we can meet up too!

mich

mmay, my co-ordinator is Thomas and haha... what a small world eh! Sweets is also in NYC and her wedding date also June!! Don't tell me you gals booking the same date?!?!?! Otherwise, you gals can meet up and plan your weddings together!!

yiyi

hello everyone,

Hope someone can help me out
happy.gif

I'm thinking of holding my wedding at the fullerton next year Oct. Just got my contract and was wondering whether any of you managed to get full waiver of corkage for hard liquor? My contract states only a waiver of 1st 12 bottles. Another question is did any of you have to pay an additional deposit of $2,800 6 months prior to your wedding on top of the initial deposit of $3,800?

Thanks in advance for your help.

M

mmay

bombom, thanks for the link. ballroom looks kinda elongated. my fren was saying guests sitting on the far ends but feel left out. wat you tink?

mich, i already in touch wif sweets. wat a small world
happy.gif

yiyi, my contract only includes waiver for 1st 10 bottles hard liquor/wine! i tink must go and negotiate for more. wat day you having your wedding? mine on friday.

bombom

hi mmay!
no prob! guesss the virtual tour sorta gives a warped aspect...
but as for worrying about it being elongated... don't! it's really not and pple at the far end will have just a good view of the centre. it's actually very cosy!
happy.gif

mich

Hi Binbin, you're welcome!

Hi Yiyi, I think Fullerton is pretty strict with the waiver of corkage issue. My contract also states 12 bottles. It does seem like there's no way out of paying for corkage. Hubby and I are quite headache over this too coz their corkage charges are quite high. And I have not reached the point where my wedding is 6 mths away so haven't paid the $2,800.

And mmay! I'm glad you gals got in touch! At least both of you can get excited and plan your wedding together! Take good care of each other ok! Anyway, I don't think the guests at the ends would feel left out lah. The ballroom is not VERY big... But in any case, my hubby an I thought of getting the videographer to do a 'live-feed' so that the guests on both ends can see more clearly. And bombom is right, the ballroom does have a very cosy feeling! That's the reason why I chose it... its classy and cosy! Good for weddings!
happy.gif

besse

Hi gals..

Am going to have my wedding in Feb 2004.. just called Thomas, and happy to know that the 2004 slots not open for booking yet.. (oni open for booking end this year)

Mmay, Sweets.. you two gals having wedding at fullerton too?? *smile*

yiyi

Hi mmay, I plan to hold mine on tuesday. Hopefully, you managed to negotiate for waiver of more bottles. Good luck!
happy.gif

Hi mich, thanks for sharing. Ya, quite a big headache! Only 12 bottles whereas other hotels give full waiver. This is going to add to the total cost per table
sad.gif

Did anyone out there managed to get full waiver or exchanged anything for waiver of more bottles? Pls share, if possible
happy.gif

jewels

yiyi,
I had my wedding at Fullerton 2 months back, as mentioned above, they're pretty strict about the corkage. We didn't manage to any waiver or exchange at all, and no duty free liquor at all, even when I sort of hinted
wink.gif
that I will remove the sticker! So, I had to pay the corkages for my 35 bottles of wine.
As for the payment, I only paid the initial deposit of $3,800.

anne

Hi gals,

I am intending to hold my wedding in March 2004 at Fullerton. Has anyone worked with Gary before?

M

mmay

Hi Anne,
Garey is servicing me. I haven't had all that much contact with him but from what I have, he doesn't seem very 'on'. Like I told him the date I want and he was suppossed to come back to me with some stuff but I waited and nothing came. Then I called him and suddenly he told me someone else wants my date, which I have priority over. Then I started thinking, what if I didn't call him? Does it mean the date I want will be taken?

But then again, maybe he was really busy and also, I'm the impatient kind, so I can be quite demanding when it comes to things like this. He does sound nice and polite over the phone, though.

Hope it helps.

Yiyi,
Your 12 bottles is it for hard liqour only or issit 12 bottles wine and 12 bottles hard liqour???

Nicole,
Hi Hi!!!! (hehehe too)

anne

Hi mmay,
I agree with you, Gary does not seem very 'on', especially when he knows my wedding is in 2004. Don't really like his attitude, there are things that he is supposed to get back to me but did not. I tried calling him but he is always busy. I guess its a once a lifetime event and I want to feel looked after. When I talk to him, he does not even remember my name and my wedding date and asked me who I am!! I am very upset with him. What do you think I should do? When I called to meet up with him, he told me he is very busy for the whole week and cannot meet up with me!

M

mmay

Hi Anne,
From what I hear, the other wedding co-ordinators seem to be much more helpful and nice. I was actually recommended Thomas but since I already started with Gary, I didn't bother to change. But since you have not gone into details with him, you should consider contacting another co-ordinator. I agree that its a once in a lifetime event and we, of course, want to feel special about it.

bombom

hi anne!
so sorry to barge in like this but just thought that maybe u should swop managers seeing as how uncomfortable u are with gary!!! i believe chemistry is very impt!!!
i'm with thomas and i find him really helpful n accomodating!!! why dun u try reqeusting 4 him n see how it goes? afterall, we want that day to be special rite???
11103.gif

all the best!!!
11104.gif

yiyi

Hi mmay,
So coincident! My co-ordinator is also Gary. So far, it's him who is chasing after me to confirm my booking
happy.gif
He's nice but not very helpful or accommodating. Don't know whether is it him or the hotel's policy. Eg. he doesn't even want to commit that the nuts for our cocktail reception is included FOC. He says it is dependent on the manager serving you during your wedding itself. So, there's a chance he might not follow thru.

To ans your last question, mine is 1st 12 bottles of hard liquor and 1st 10 bottles of wine.

Hi Anne,
I agree with bombom and mmay. Since he can't even remember you, just change co-ordinator!
happy.gif

leo29

Hi Yiyi,

I've shortlist Fullerton for our wedding dinner. Did you went down to see their ballroom. Comment?

The liquor and wine qty that you mention is that corkage free qty?