The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

wendy76

Hi Rainbow,
When is your wedding day?
yup..thought of using a video projector for better veiwing of the march-in
thinking of signing up with BV... hows their service and is their EG too plain and simple?

rainbow

Hi Wendy,

My wedding's on 6 Mar 05! When's yours? Still quite q while to go. Will be signing up with BV soon as im done with my BS selection. BV's service is excellent and you feel assured that your gown and stuff will be well attended to. Besides, out of all the BSs ive been to, only BV seems to share the same idea of the lonnnnng train!! But in anycase, the BSs all have different styles:
(1) BV-ELegant, simple gowns with emphasis on Cutting. The gowns at BV are very flattering somehow due to the good fit and cutting! They also have gowns with very nice long train. The men's club also features very nice suits.
(2) Divine - Sexy low back gowns with nice frilly trains and an overall dreamy romantic look. They also have satin gowns but if you wanna do satin, sug BV.
(3) Kai Couture - Play on organza.
(4) Frederick Lee - Very dramatic Ra-ra gowns which are unique!
(5) Ted Wu - Nice embriodery.

So, actually all the top 5 BSs have different styles. You'd just have to decide on your style and make sure you are comfortable with their service!
happy.gif

wendy76

Hi Rainbow,

Thank you for your detailed advises.
We do share similar preferences, I short listed BV cos of the simple satin WG, always my dream to have a grand satin grown.
On the other hand, wanted something more sexy for EG.. any idea if BV does low back EG?
My wedding is on 27th Dec 04, I am still in UK now hence need to shortlist bridal through magazines and recommendation from the forum, got lots of help from Fullerton bride..
happy.gif

elenne

rainbow, my wedding is next month & I just finalised the table setting/flowers today. My EG was ready last month for my photoshoot & so i guess u have to match the flowers to your gown instead. anyway i didn't really bother to match them.

wendy76

Hi elenne,

wow... u wedding day is near.. congrats and all the very best...
happy.gif

did u top up for additional flowers for the ballroom? Any idea how is the first course fanfare like in Fullerton..

wendy76

Hi poox,

hows everything? is your PS done? any photos to share?
you must be real busy now... take good care yourself & all the very best...
happy.gif

elenne

hi wendy
happy.gif
no I didn't top up for additional flowers. the first course fanfare is up to you, some just serve it quietly, some have a first course music, i know ofone who had a "dancing chef".

hi poox long time no see!! too bad the meeting last month was cancelled... i picked red roses with gold/cream theme. garey is a very nice guy! i am collecting my album from kim soon, v excited!! spent 4h picking the photos though.

poox did you use chiffon for your eveninggown?

sharlene

Hi,
If there is a projector to show to guest the bride n groom march in and walk down the stairs, then will fullerton provide videographer or we need to top up ourself?
Any bride here think the fullerton march in is very short? heard only abt 3 table's length to march in....
Will they use rose petals to decorate the floor?

postpet2

Hi girls,

I've got the same concern abt guests at the side can't see you clearly...

Sharlene : I dun think Fullerton provides a videographer for you. You've got to get your own.

All : If we are to use the projectors for showing some slide show,the usual "montage", then will we have time to switch to the video camera which is to be placed close to the march in area?

was thinking of doing this...just put a video cam at the march in area lor...

anyone does this?

matka

hi postpet2

My videographer managed to do that but I didn't bother with the technicalities. If I'm not wrong, everything was plugged in and everything was manouveured by the Fullerton technical guy in the control room. That means - switch from A to B to C. Are you getting a professional videographer? You should get him/her to settle with Fullerton's tech person. The nitty gritty will be too much for you to handle on your big day ;)

rainbow

Hi All,

Elenne- Your wedding's next month! Thats very soon!! You must be very excited!
happy.gif

Matka- Thanks for sharing on the videography part. Can i find out where you engaged the videographer? Issit in the same package as actual day videography??

Thanks!
happy.gif

poox

hihi

wendy: i had been really busy so hardly had time to pop by. my wedding is just abt 2 weeks away.....feeling a little stress! :p

elenne: cool! can share some of your pic with me? my album is not quite ready yet cos it was raining so only done my outdoor recently. did u top up for photos?
me juz went to meet Garey too....kinda chosen red and white theme but am thinking of ivory and using gold table cloth too! seems like we really have similar taste :p

elenne

hi all!

postpet2: i was thinking of getting a videographer to settle the march-in filming, but my coordinator garey told me actually it's not that bad, during the last few steps (13 steps all together), those at the sides can see you.
the videographer has to get some long cables, dunno whether it'll be unsightly in the ballroom.

poox: i will send you the pics when i get the CD. i topped up only about $1100 for photos.

postpet2

Hi elenne,

actually, i'm thinking of not getting a videographer.
had not set a budget for it..
so instead, tot just borrow a video cam to be positioned at the correct position to film the march-in.
dunno feasible or not lah.
if not, then get one fren to hold it and film it for us for live transmission lor...

elenne

postpet: i m not getting videographer too. u can get a video cam but garey said u will need to provide some cables for the hotel

rainbow

Hey hey,

I just received a call from my new Fullerton coordinator! My ex coordinator was Thomas who has left and his replacement is a new gal called Delia. Spoke to her over the phone for a while and she seems rather nice! Have any of you worked with her before?
happy.gif

wendy76

Elenne and poox,
Is your WG and EG done? nearly to the end of your wedding planning...how do u gals feel...hope everything turns out well... may u all enjoy your nite.. all the very best... do drop us a few comments aft your wedding.. thanks
happy.gif

matka

... misread your question. It came with the whole package. You just have to let her know your requirements and she'll be able to tailor it for you.
happy.gif

elenne

hi wendy,

yes both WG & EG were done since March (for photoshoot). really feel a bit jittery, still sending out last minute invitations!!
how is ur prep coming along?

anyone making their own slideshow??

sharlene

Cookiemz - 17&18Sep03/Yvonne Creative/Mabel Lee Photography
Matka - 4&5Oct03/Irene's Creation/I Gallery/Eu Lee (photo) & Wedding Paparazzi (video)
Blissz - 30Oct03 /TedWu/Montage/Greymatters (KC Wong)
Besse - 2Nov03/TheWeddingPresent/AndrewChoi/Triston Yeo
Wen - 17Nov03/TanYoong/(Wesley Loh)/ThePond(Tan Ngiap Heng)
Powderpuff - 23Dec03/BV, WG from Allure C/Utopia/ Linn Photography
Pam - 28Dec03/BV/Studio D'fia/(Choon Huat)
Miumiu - Feb04/Silhouette&Sophia/Sophia
Poox - 8 and 9 May04/BV/Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat
Elenne - 22 and 23 May 04/BV/Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat
goofie - 15 Oct 04
pheb - 16 Oct 04/BV/Utopia
Winterhakone - 2 dec 2004/BV/
Postpet2 - 12 Dec04
Eileen - 30 Jan 05
rainbow - 6 March 05
Jam - 19 Mar 05
Sharlene - 02 Jun 05/Divine Couture

wendy76

Poox,

All the very best to your wedding day... enjoy your day...
happy.gif

share your wedding photos with us pls...

Elenne,
Your turn next.. good luck and all the very best...

Sharlene,
u are very well prepared... got your hotel and bridal chosen way in advance...

Matka, Besse and Powderpuff
I will be back to sin on the 8th of June.. lots to be done.. need to arrange for bridal fittings..
thanks for all advise and all your lovely photos..

Cookiemz - 17&18Sep03/Yvonne Creative/Mabel Lee Photography
Matka - 4&5Oct03/Irene's Creation/I Gallery/Eu Lee (photo) & Wedding Paparazzi (video)
Blissz - 30Oct03 /TedWu/Montage/Greymatters (KC Wong)
Besse - 2Nov03/TheWeddingPresent/AndrewChoi/Triston Yeo
Wen - 17Nov03/TanYoong/(Wesley Loh)/ThePond(Tan Ngiap Heng)
Powderpuff - 23Dec03/BV, WG from Allure C/Utopia/ Linn Photography
Pam - 28Dec03/BV/Studio D'fia/(Choon Huat)
Miumiu - Feb04/Silhouette&Sophia/Sophia
Poox - 8 and 9 May04/BV/Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat
Elenne - 22 and 23 May 04/BV/Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat
goofie - 15 Oct 04
pheb - 16 Oct 04/BV/Utopia
Winterhakone - 2 dec 2004/BV/
Postpet2 - 12 Dec 04
Wendy76 - 27th Dec 04
Eileen - 30 Jan 05
rainbow - 6 March 05
Jam - 19 Mar 05
Sharlene - 02 Jun 05/Divine Couture

jody_lov

Last month I had signed up a weekday package with Fullerton at $758 and now the price has been revised to $708 per table. This is so maddening.

jam

Jody,
Are you referring to the price $708 quoted on the website? If I'm not wrong, that price is only applicable for weddings before August this year. At least that's what I was told when I booked mine end last year. Mine also more ex than the one on Fullerton's website.
Btw, when is your wedding? If you don't mind, can add on to the list we have
happy.gif

postpet2 - read from other threads that you have decided on your bridal package! can update the list when you have time too!
happy.gif

wendy76

Hi Jody,

I think jam is right, my package is the same as yours and also a dec bride...
btw have u chosen your bridal??

sharlene

Hi,
Did ur gals mention u booked your weekday package at $758+++??
Is it true that after the deposit, 6 months before the banquet need to pay another $2.8k?

wendy76

Hi Sharlene,

yup.. think i heard from garey abt payment on his last e-mail $3800 followed by $2800
anyway i will meet up with him when i am back in sin, will fwd u more infm..

postpet2,
did u sign up with BV as your bridal?

Jam,
have u decided on your bridal then.. did u visit any of the bridal shops?? any comments, pls. share and advise...

jam

wendy,

Unfortunatly, I still haven't decided on my bridal yet because I was out of Singapore for a while! though I started visiting all the shops since 2 months ago *kiasu
embarrassed.gif
* I visited no less than 20 shops with another b2b friend. Each has its own forte i would say (think rainbow also mentioned that) and it really depends on what you are looking for. Also depends a lot on gut feel and 1st impression with the service, designer,etc.

My preference now is with Ted Wu and Amanda Lee (same as postpet2?
happy.gif
). Was keen in Flamingo too, but because the designer Shirley Li is one-man show there with the dress, make-up and bouquet, so i was a little hesitant.... but her designs are quite nice. BV has nice elegant and I think european kind of designs. Others like Tan Yoong, Divine, Kai and Margaret Brides have their own unique gown designs. While designers from Silhouette or Wedding Present are more versatile but also very professional.

For me, I'm looking more for delicate details on the gowns... think that will make the gowns stand out more in photos. And Ted Wu's EG kind of suits my expectation since I'll be wearing Kua and just want a more slim-cut kind of EG.

If you have any particular designs / preference in mind, perhaps you can let us know so that we can suggest a few designers for you to shortlist. But I must say, initially I thought I would like BV's kind of gowns, until I tried on all the gowns from others then I knew what I really wanted.

Hope this helps.....

sharlene

Hi Wendy,
It seems like you like BV but have not really visit them yet? Well I will strongly advise u to go visit them since diff BS have diff characteristic. Like me, not that BV not good, just that their designs doesn't appeal to my preference. Like what Jam mentioned, if u like more delicate details on your gown, Ted Wu is a good choice, if u like simplicity n duchess satin, BV then is a good choice, and if u like feminine, dreamy n romantic gowns with frills n back details, then Divine is a good choice, If u prefer a comprehensive package, then Whitelink is a good choice, its up to your preference. U can also go to their website to see and have a feel roughly on their gowns design.

For me, I only shortlisted 3 BS previously, but my choice was clear as I know what kind of gown of design I like and i simply fell in love with a particular design on the advertisement. Nonetheless, I still went to 3 shops to check out, other than one that is too hardsell and had bad experience, the one I finalise, I felt very comfortable with the service of the designer plus its my initial choice.

Hi Jam,

Wow.....i really pei fu you...u went visited about 20 shops??? for me I'll be confused. Those shop never hard sell you? I very scared to step into, especially those in Tanjong Pagar, that always wants u to sign them n pay deposit then let u go.......phew!

Jodie,
U paid $758+++ for weekday package? I paid mine only $738+++ but my wedding is next year....

wendy76

Hi Sharlene and Jam,

Thanks for all your advise, will visit a few BS when i am back to sin. Really appreciate all your postings.. thanks
happy.gif

jody_lov

Hi Sharlene,

I am blur...I paid $738+++, not $758+++. Did you view the Loft suite? I wanted to view on the day when I paid the deposit but the suite was occupied so I didn't get the chance 2 c it.

sharlene

Hi Jody,
I saw frm the earlier posting $758+++ probably due to typo error? When's ur big day?

I did not gert a chance to view the Suite as it was fully occupied. However, u may view it frm the virtual gallery frm Fullerton's website.
happy.gif

jam

Hi Sharlene,

I didn't really go to the Tg Pagar ones because there are so many of them right next to each other and I didn't wanna get confused!(but I did visit Yvonne Creative cos' recommended by friends and I think the designer Yvonne is very professional) And you are rite that some of them really hard-sell... there are actually guys standing outside the shops to "pull customers".

But it was good that I did my reccee to the bridal shops with a female friend. So that if they hard sell to me in the end, I'll just say my fiance is not with me and I need to check with him first. It always works!
lol.gif

boonboon

Hi ex-Fullerton Brides

Need your help here. Am posting on behalf of my friend who is holding her wedding at Fullerton next month.

She would like to have a sample program for the evening. She has tried getting it from her co-ordinator but was told that they do not provide. Is that true?? I thought that most hotels will provide all their brides with this as part of the services rendered?? Anyway I couldn't help her as I have thrown my hotel's program sheet away (my wedding was in 2001), so maybe you gals can help.

Many thanks in advance.

elenne

who is her coordinator?
i discussed the program with my coordinator about 1-2 months before the wedding. my wedding is this weekend & he is sending me a program soon.

dhoby

Hi ladies,

M new in this thread but also considering Fullerton for my dinner. Anyone knows if they are flexible with $$. Am deciding between Fullerton & Conrad.

Any comments are more than welcome

happy_angel

Dear all,

im also interested to take up fullerton for my dinner... curious to know if any of u managed to bargain for more offer? Like Xtra 1 30L beer, waiver of corkage fee, more invitation cards, etc? My gal friends who had their wedding dinner told me that they managed to bargain for more offers... however, not sure abt fullerton... if u gals did not managed to get more offer, mayb i will drop the idea of asking them for more... hehe... look forward to your reply....thks a million!!!

matka

hi Dhoby and Annie

In terms of flexibility in $$ as in discounts? I don't think so. Also for bargaining, i think it's unlikely they'll be able to give much more than their stated package.

What they offer is usually the full deal so unless you are willing to do a dollar-for-dollar exchange (eg: change 50% invitation cards for pianist), I think they're pretty strict with their policies to protect their standards.

However.. the choice of hotel is for sure not going to be a wrong one. Their service standards are fantastic and the food is good
happy.gif

sharlene

Hi Dhoby and Annie,

Like Dhoby, initially was deciding between Conrad and Fullerton but later on took up Fullerton instead. Like what matka mentioned, you will not be able to bargain for extra barrel of beer etc, u actually need to exchange them, i.e i exchange the wedding flavor for another barrel of beer. However, u may request for corkage for certain number of bottles, about 10, more car park coupons, wedding cards.

happy_angel

Dear Matka/Sharlene, thks u very much for your advise...it help me alots!! Actually, we are quite ok with the pricing except that we are rather worried that we may not have enough tables (min 35 tables)... do u have any idea if they will allow us with the min no. of tables at 30 on a Sun? Btw, Matka, u mentioned that the food is good, what is the package that u selected? Thks!

sharlene

Hi Annie,
Fullerton adhere strictly to the min table requirement. Had asked them before, even we may not have so many guest as per the min table requirement, we still have to pay 100% full price for the min table requirement. Unless you consider on weekday, which the min is 30 tables.
By the way, have you go down to meet them yet? They had increased their price in 2005.

dhoby

Hi Gals,

Thanks for all your advise. Btw, who are your wedding co-ordinators? I have yet to make any appt with them. Any good sales pax to recommend?

poox

Hi gals

I'm back from my wedding and honeymoon!!

I'm really glad to have my wedding banquet at Fullerton
happy.gif
Guests had praises for the food and ambience and of course i had many programs lined up to entertain them throughout the dinner....it's like a DND haha

now waiting eagerly to see my video cos everything went pass so quickly.

how's everyone??

happy_angel

Sharlene, actually, we went down a week ago... but, d not ask them if we can reduce the required min. no of tables, maybe we will ask them the next time we meet up with them...
Martka, we are considering to take up the Palladian package too... feel much more confident with the food now!
Hi both, thks for sharing with me!!