Taiwan photography advice please

garyting

Hi Wallace, I'm also sourcing for packges/ala carte for the AD stuff. Hope the experienced ladies here can help and share their experience.
happy.gif

gerichong

anyone got reviews for 亞太麗緻婚紗?

i recently signed a package with them. but wondering where are the good places to go for shoot, which photgrapher to ask for etc. I am clueless on where to start!

bex09

Hi!

Wondering if anyone can help me out...
sad.gif
Haven't been able to find any info on Fa Guo Ba Li... Also am at a disadvantage as I can't read Chinese...
sad.gif
Can anyone be so kind to share with me yr packages fr Fa Guo Ba Li or any other recommended BS for Taiwan Pre-Wed Shoot... Thanks!!!

To Marianne:
You mentioned "Fa Guo Ba Li offered me 3K packages but i guess there is lots of hidden cost. I am out of my budget and have RM500 voucher for this RM3K packages.Wonder if anyone interested?" Where did you find them... do they hv a branch in KL???

jerrin

Hi gals!

I would like to share my experience about my taiwan photoshoot which i did in March this yr. I did alot of reading and i decided to go with Ivy Brides when they came for an exhibition in '09 Aug.

I have to say i cannot be more pleased at the service and quality for their photos. Peggy was my co-ordinator and she was so helpful in making sure i had brought all the things i needed for the shoot. She even arranged a hotel stay for us near Ivy Brides so it would be easier for us.

Even though i have decided on the 6 gowns, she still let me finish trying the remaining gowns that was picked out. They even gave alot of ideas as to what i should take and should not take, cos they want me to have different type of effect for different gowns (like sweet, romantic, sexy, etc..)
The MUA was really good. Before she put on my make up in the morning, she asked if i had put ampoule.. i told her i already did cos got mine from my beautician. She ask if it's those tat can 'set' the make up n she didn't even push me to use their ampoules. She really know how to enhance my features and was very helpful throughout the day.. she carries a small blanket for me in case i get too cold.
The photographer was a funny jovial guy that even bother to take off his shoes and fold up his jeans to go into the water and capture shots of me. I have to say some of my gowns were all wet but they didn't mind. My gown was wet and sticking sand during the beach shots and they didn't mind at all! I was not asked to pay additional for washing the gowns too.
I had alot of rose petals and colored heart shape balloons as my props and it turned out really well.. I have to say we both enjoyed the photoshoot process so much that we bought alot of photos from them cos we were very satisfied with the quality of pictures.
My HTB told me "Wow! if the sg bridal can't do all these for us, i'll be really disappointed"

Which really happened when we got back from Taipei.
I went to my sg bridal shop to choose my gowns and i was really disappointed.
The detailing on the gown and the attitude of the staff is really very different....

You'll be able to see my photos posted on their website pretty soon : http://www.ivy-bride.com.tw/

little_bobdog

Hi all Taiwan BS Brides, did anyone of you borrow WG and EG from your Taiwan BS? My BS got offer me WG and EG for my actual day. However, i need to pay for the courier fee (2ways). I have no idea how heavy the gowns will be and how much will be the courier cost. Wondering whether it is worth to take from them or borrow the gowns locally. Anyone can advise me? Thanks in advance!!

izalite

Hi Jerrin, could you share with me the Ivy Brides package details? Eagerly trying to compare the diff bridal studio that has taiwan photography. =) do you also have the Singapore contact for Ivy Brides?

jerrin

There is no sg contact number for Ivy Brides as they do not have a shop in Singapore. U can contact them via email or call them in taiwan.

I know they come to Singapore pretty often as well.

angelis8

Hi all, i strongly recommend Bluebay for overseas PS in Taiwan.
Cost: considerably less than Cang Ai (True Love)
MUA: Jianing (super experienced and fast at changing hairstyles in between dresses)
Photographer: DaXiong and Hua Shen(assistant), very artistic photographer with "feel"
Lady that help u choose gowns: Mia, very patient as she helped me choose gowns for 5 hours with a smile.
Coordinator: Sammy, Maggie (all super patient and makes u feel at ease)
Overall: Photos were beautiful! Very good overall experience and had alota fun.

hi cindy

we just came back from taipei for our PS with judy wedding.. very enjoyable experience!! Dont worry, they will take good care of u..
happy.gif

btw, they are having roadshow @ Lot 1 now and going to tampines mall next week..

sohfoo

Hi gracefulswan,

Do you mind sharing which photographer did your shoot?

Please share more on your experience. Total cost? Destination? Any extra cost which we have to take note of? Did you rent their gowns for your AD?
happy.gif

Hi SohFoo,

Ah lun was our photographer. He and his assistant(yiqiao) are very professional. They really made you feel at ease and the whole process was so wonderful.
happy.gif

Total cost as in for the whole trip?? I roughly break down for you.. Airfare by CX $485 per pax with stopover in Hong Kong, Good Life Hotel in taipei - NT1500 x 8nites, personal expense ard 2K bah.

We went 阳明山,野柳(nearby area which do not require admission), 黄金瀑布,黄金åšç‰©é¦† + ä¹ä»½ for nite shootings..

Extra cost for shooting day will be:-

1) Transportation - we paid NT 5100 for usage from 10am - 9.30pm

2) Makeup artist (if you bring her out) - we paid NT 5000 + ampoulse NT500 x 4 bottles, 2 each for both of us.

3) Bridegroom suits - They will try to upsell u with the newer design and accessories, ard NT 5000 bah. We didt take up any cos we brought our own suits and accessories so we just take their 2 given suits for the sake of taking. :p

4) Extra photos - $$$$$$, sorry i'm unable to disclose mine here. Be prepare to spend $$$ if u can afford cos the pix are all very very very beautiful.. you will have hard time finding reasons to reject your own photos even though they are raw photos, not yet edit. hahahhaa
happy.gif

BTW, i didt rent any gowns cos we are not holding AD.

sohfoo

Hi gracefulswan,

That sounds wonderful!I cant wait for my turn. Thanks for the information. I shall do more research, and find out more on the location of the shoot.

Have you received your album? Or is it still in the process of editing? Is the editing process tedious, since we can only communicate with them via internet or phone?

Hi SohFoo,

Judy wedding called me awhile ago. Our edited photos are ready for viewing.
happy.gif
waiting for their email now.

As for the process, so far, it is just about waiting for the deadline they gave me. We didt do anything at all.. Before we leave taipei, they told us will email us on 30July. Today is 30July, they keep their promise.
happy.gif

I'm more concern about the album layout actually. I would think that process will be more tedious. Well, see how it goes..

Btw, we didt do any research on the location. We went with an open mind and everything turn out to be just excellent. The photographer will actually communicate with you 1st and then finalised the location together.

sohfoo

Hi gracefulswan,

Yeah I guess it will be a bit hard to communicate on the layout.

Woah, you guys didnt do any research? That is cool. I love the beach. Do you have any recommendations to do beach shot?

Actually I am more concern about the gowns as well. From what I understand, we have to choose the gowns 1 day before the photoshoot. So I guess we must be really decisive. How is the measurement and fit of the gowns there? The range and choice? Was it good?

I am actually considering renting the gowns, not sure if it is worth it. Shall decide when I am there.
happy.gif

Hi SohFoo,

Beach in Taiwan?? Personally, we will prefer to go for white sandy beach but taipei do not have the "white sandy" beach we want. So sorry unable to help you on that..

If time allows, like what others mentioned, spend more days there, so you dont have to rush. We spent ard 4hrs (from 2.30pm - 6.30pm) to choose my gowns. The alteration can be done on the spot. How amazing!!
happy.gif

As for the range and choice, it depends on your package arrangement. For me, my package allows me to choose any 5 gowns include new ones. So the problem is, there are just too many to choose. I almost have to paid extra for my extra gown but end up i decided to stick to my 5 gowns with the help of ah lun, the photographer. :p

sohfoo

Hi gracefulswan,

How did you decide on the photographer? Are we able to find a list of photographers from Judy wedding website? Did you decide after you reach there or you actually picked him even before the photoshoot?
Are there any portfolio of photos for all their photographers so that I can see the quality of their work before I decide on which photographer?

Its really amazing that they can alter on the spot. I was told alteration only takes them 5 mins. That is provided we are smaller size than the gown right? I wonder if I am bigger than the gown, how are they going to enlarge it. HAHA.

So there must be a wide selection for the gowns to make you want to pay extra for additional set, even though you already had 5 to choose already! Hee.
happy.gif

angel_jinz

i saw several booths at suntec n iluma for the PS from taiwan but dunno which one is good! afraid of getting cheated by high prices!

can any kind souls PM me their package prices??

hi SohFoo,

Our photographer was assigned by xiaowei prior to our arrival. We didt check any photogragher's portfolio.. Not knowing we have to do this homework.. hahahha.. We leave everything to Judy Wedding and only know that we just have to pray hard for good weather.

There is a very experience, full-time 阿姨 who did the alteration. She even came out personally to advise on 1 of my gown for alteration.
happy.gif

BTW, when are you going for the PS??

miwa

Hi gracefulswan,

I just signed the package with Judy Wedding today at Suntec. To be honest, I did not do any much research before today. Oh well. >.<

So are you pleased with their work and their service? Can you share with me some of your photos? =) When you reach their Taiwan office, is it as claimed so nice and many gowns for you to choose from?

I got another question which I forgot to ask and to think about when I signed the package today. What about wedding dinner gown and family rental of gown since they are Taiwan company? Looks like I need to go source for another SG bridal for actual wedding day. $$$

lovnana

Hi anyone can let me know if you see FaguoBali booths in Singapore? I need to check with them my package thing as there is change in plan >.<
Its very hard to email them, prefer to talk to them directly.
Thank you in advance to any kind soul out there.
AS I dun seems to find them here liao,maybe not fated or what : (

moimoi

Me too sign up for Judy Wedding at suntec last weeknd ~ it was a sudden one when we were stop by the "fat boy".

Lin Ping is the sale cooridnator that time, she's friendly ~ we decide to take up the package because of the beautiful scenery ~

But after more research done, i'm getting more n more worried that the result / experience is not going to be as good as they claimed.

Gracefulswan, do you mind share some photo with me at : [email protected] ?

Can someone pls advise "(

miwa

Hi Serene. I read quite a lot of good reviews from forums though. Ya took up the package cos' all the photos looks great! If you got any findings, could you share them with me? [email protected]

Thanks!=)

moimoi

Hi Miwa,

right now i dont see alot of review of JW that's y i'm worried ~ will continue to do research ba ~ ^^*

where did you get the good review from ?

Hi Miwa &amp; Serene,

FYI, Judy Wedding's staffs are all very professional and friendly including their boss. You both are definitely in good hand.
happy.gif

miwa

Hi gracefulswan, can u share with me any hotel recommendation? I'm intending to stay in Taiwan for 8 days 7 nights. What about actual day gowns and suit? I don't understand how they going to lend me for free and without sending it over. hmmm...

Hi Miwa,

We stayed at Good Life Hotel ( Shanghua ) as per their recommedation. I dont really like the hotel because it is quite run down but it is near to Judy Wedding, food outlets and DIY laundry shop.
We were there for 8 nights and it cost us NT1500 per nite, nearby hotels cost at least NT1800 per nite.

Maybe you can check out "SunRoute Hotel".. This hotel is very near to ShangHua and cater to alot of Japanese from what i see from outside. Or YuLai Hotel, which is near to MTR but far from DIY laundry shop and food outlets.

When is your AD?? They are always here for roadshow so maybe they are bringing them over for you. They also offer to bring my ablums over.

happy.gif

miwa

Thanks for your prompt reply! I have been trying to speak to a past/present customer for Judy Wedding.

Cos' it's only 3 days of photoshoot. Rest of the days are holiday. So was thinking if I should stay nearer to ximending instead. Any late night shopping near the Good Life hotel?

We are going to Taiwan in Jan 2011. My AD in June 2011. Oh ya, can take into consideration. I shall keep that in mind to ask them to help me bring over the albums. Gown I think depending if I got grow fatter or best lose more weight. I'm so worried.

I think is a good idea to move away from Good Life Hotel after settle the photoshoot and choosing of photos, provided you travel light. We had 2 big luggages and thinking of changing hotel, turned us off!!

No late night shopping near Good Life Hotel.. but there is a market for morning marketing.. hhahahha... btw, the nearest night market is shihlin night market, 3 stations away..walking back from MTR station to hotel is far for us (ard 10min)
sad.gif

Get ready your NuBra, hair conditioner, a pair of heels, $$$$$ and then you go with an open mind and have fun during the shoot in Jan2011.
happy.gif
You will love the process...

sll

Hi hi...
Just came back yesterday from Taipei for wedding PS with Judy Wedding. The PS process is very enjoyable and fun. We are so lucky that we met a very professional, fun, friendly team. We highly recommend this team if have signed up a package with Judy Wedding.

Photographer: Ah Lun (伦Sir) *same as gracefulswan
Assistant: Yi Qiao
Make-up artist: Sandy è€å¸ˆ
Sales: å°æƒŸ
Gown selection advisor: Pei Qin
Driver: 陈大哥

All of them are very professional and they know their job very well. The PS process is so smooth and fun.

We went to å°åŒ—自æ¥æ°´åšç‰©é¦†(admission fee NT500), 阳明山, 大屯自然公园, 大屯农场 (admission fee NT800), æ·¡æ°´æµ·è¾¹, å°åŒ—101

Cost wise as explained by gracefulswan, no hidden cost. But be prepare big $$$ when you choosing your photos. Haha...

We are also very lucky that typhoon just sweep through Taipei few days before our PS day. The weather so blue and beautiful especially sunset (according to them, only when typhoon pass through, you will get this type of view) on our PS day. So pray hard you will have a nice weather on your PS day.

Miwa, advise you to check with Judy anything to prepare before going as your PS day is during winter. You may find some hard time for some poses especially inside water, it could be freezing. Heehee...

No worries if you have signed up any package with Judy, they are just too professional. Heard they will open a branch in Singapore end of this year if everything go smooth

Hi sl lim,

Glad you are as happy as we are during the PS.
happy.gif

Choosing photos very headache because all so beautifully taken by Ah Lun, right?? Did you both managed to control yourself for not topping up too many pix?? We thought the most we will get for the ablums will be only 60pcs in total but end up we buy back all of them 300++pcs.. ;p

miwa

Wah sound real good. Ya best is not to rain. Raining is just too troublesome to take any photos. The places you went need to pay for admin fee? These places you noted down is for taking PS? Or for visiting on personal interest?

Ya it's Winter. I'm worried. My bf loves cold weather so he choose this timing. Hopefully not much water scenes. haha...

sll

Hi Gracefulswan, yar, we top up to 123 photos ($$$ gone, heart pain) and really headache which one to delete, the photos really nice. Haha... I think you are the one Ah Lun told me there is a couple buys all the photos
happy.gif

Miwa, those are the places we went for PS, some places need to pay admin fee as mentioned above. You can do some homework first what are the scenary you would like to have, then they will plan the most suitable itinerary for you. Good luck to you and enjoy! Most important is smile naturally, then the photos will be very nice. Should pratice first... Heehee

mangocsp

Hi all I just took my ps last week at judy wedding at taiwan ! Their service was great ! This year jan they were having a road show at northpoint and qiqi was the one who talked us into buying the package! At 1st we were quite scare / nervous because we were totally unfamiliar with this judy wedding and could not find much infor on the net! But after we reach the boutique we realise we wasted half year worrying ! The people there were super friendly and serve us with all their local goodies :) ah lun was our photographer! I guess he had a hard time taking photos for us as I can't smile well/ not used to it! I delayed them very badly! But still they never give up ! The make up artist amy was great ! Very skillful :) they bad part is when we were choosing the photos all were so perfect till we don't know how to choose! I hereby recommend everyone to sign up with them if you wanna have a memorable ps trip in taiwan :) very nice scenery and totally worth the money :) can't wait for the photos to be deliver to my door step hehe ^^

angel_jinz

Hi mango_chia_siping,

Seems like u had a great experience with Judy!interested in it as well mind sharing with me your package details??can PM me?thanks!!=)

did u get the top photographer n MUA?

mangocsp

hi angel_jinz (angel_jinz) , my bf req for the top photographer, as for the mua i'm not too sure ! i was quite lucky to got amy as my mua, she has 10 over years of experience :)

Hi sl lim,

Did ah lun showed you our jiufen night shots?? He was very proud of them. Hahaha, i think the couple he mentioned was us too. :p

Untill today we do not know how to choose the pix for the albums, so everything are still pending!! Judy Wedding is here in Spore again, last sunday we met up and told them, we really having headache in choosing the photos, luckily, they offer to do it for us instead. phew!!

Hi mango_chia_siping,

We signed up with Judy in Jan 2010 at Northpoint and Qiqi + ah hong talked to us regarding the package too.

Same here, I was so worried before we landed in Taiwan. Btw, We missed the 大鸡排 they ordered for us, so jucicy and tender, compare to those we had in night market.
happy.gif

sll

Hi Gracefulswan,
Nope, he didn't show us. Haha... he is a funny guy. Oh, I less headache, all 123 photos will be inside the album.
Still waiting my edited photos, they have tried to send but file size too big. Have requested them to spilt to multiple files... waiting............

mangocsp

Hey Grace! hahas i think you guys are the cpl before us, cos they told us np was rather wulu and they only manage to confirm one cpl and it was their last day there already hahas !