Switzerland - F&E

doraemon16

Dear All!

Me and hubby are now planning a F&E trip to Switzerland this early May. We are currently searcing for the accomodations.

Would lve to exchange pointers with any of u who had been to Swiss and who plans for a trip there..
happy.gif

suncatcher

Hi starfruit, sure, will be happy to share. However, thought you might want to know that my itinerary is planned around the use of the 15-day Swiss Pass, ie not self-driving trip. Would this still be of interest to you ? If yes, I'll email you my itinerary.

sisi

hi all,

me n hubby have short listed Switzerland for our honeymoon ard Dec 06 or Jan 07 after our wedding in Oct.cant go immed cos wedding n house prove to be v "shiong" for us..must recuperate awhile 1st.haha.

got some qns to ask: is it winter season ard Dec to Jan? which travel agency did u gals book frm? thk u for answering
happy.gif

Suncatcher: mind sharing your itinerary wi me?
happy.gif
hope to get some ideas to start off the preparation. thk u so much!my email: [email protected]

nowforever

Hi Suncatcher,

Me and my hubby will also b going to Switzerland but in late July ... ... Do u mind sharing wid me ur itinerary too? hope to get ideas cos we're also thinking of using the swiss pass as well.

Many many thanks! and here's my e-mail : [email protected]

suncatcher

Hi starfruit, galgal, nowforever, have emailed you my itinerary. Hope you find something useful in there for your reference and happy holidays planning....
happy.gif

precious_02

Hi Suncatcher,

Me and my husband also planning F&E to switzerland in end Sep.. dun mind can share with me your itinerary?

Is it a good time to travel is Sep hah? heard is a raining season leh..

precious_02

Hi Suncatcher,

Me and my husband also planning F&E to switzerland in end Sep.. dun mind can share with me your itinerary?
[email protected]

Is it a good time to travel is Sep hah? heard is a raining season leh..

sisi

Hi Suncatcher,

I din receive your email.can resend to me again?thks
happy.gif
[email protected]

btw, u mentioned ur trip is F n E? hw abt the booking of air ticks and accomodation? u find urself 2?

suncatcher

Oops, so sorry sisi, the itinerary has been sent to you now. About the air tickets, I've booked it direct from KLM (cheapest I can find), at their internet promotion price. And yeah, I booked the accomodation myself after surfing around for lodgings that are within my budget and then corresponded directly with the B&B and Hotel. Have booked all the accomodation for the 3 places that we are setting up base at.

suncatcher

Hi precious02, you've got mail.

Actually, if not for work schedule, my initial preference was to go in early-mid Sep as I've always prefer Autumn to Summer. From what I've read, the weather in Switzerland can be pretty eratic even during summer, but probably more so towards end Sep. However, I've also read travellers' account of warm and pleasant weather in Sep, so you never know...

precious_02

Hi Suncatcher..

Thanks a lot.. already received yr email.. dat was very helpful and sweet of you..

May I know how much is your air-tickets?
I realise you don't fly directly to Zurich but to Amsterdam instead.. is it no direct flight to Zurich?

sisi

hi suncatcher,

thks for your email.
happy.gif
u must have started v early planning for this trip. enjoy urself and hope to see ur pics when u cum bk.

suncatcher

Hi precious_02, the tickets are S$2500 for 2 persons, inclusive of taxes. I'm not quite sure, but believe there should be some airlines that fly direct to Zurich. Not for KLM though...

oohlahlah

HI Swarna, I just returned from Switzerland. It's a beautiful country. I travelled around using the Swiss 8D pass and it is absolutely simple!
My itinerary is as follows:

2 nights in Interlaken:
1st day, walk around Interlaken and took a half day trip to Bern
2nd day, Went to Wengen, Kleine Scheidegg, Jungfrau (Top of Europe) and back to Interlaken via Grindelwald.
Check out http://www.jungfraubahn.ch/en/DesktopDefault.aspx

2 nights Zermatt: Took the Gornergrat rail
http://www.zermatt.ch/e/ausfluege/gornergrat.html

Took the Glacier Express to St Moritz
2 nights in St Moritz
http://www.stmoritz.ch/home-002-00-en.htm

Then to Zurich

swarna

great thanks alot for that info! little may, can i know how much you had to spend for the trip and how many days did you spend there?

oohlahlah

Hi Swarna,
We spent about $6.5k for two excluding airtickets and we spent 7 nights in Switzerland and 2 nights in Milan.
Our expenditure is considered on the high side as we bought 1st class train tickets instead of 2nd class. Accommodation was also expensive as we stayed at 3 different ski resorts during the winter season and we chose 4-star accommodation. Depending on what your budget is, I'm sure you can get your trip planned.
Let me know if you have a budget and I can probably plan something for you.
happy.gif

thenry

Anyone knows how to purchase swiss pass and make reservation for the Glacier Express in Singapore?

Thanks.

jacsmile

Wondering if I should travel from Paris - Lucerne - Zermatt - Interlaken or Paris - Lucerne - Interlaken - Zermatt. Can someone advise? Thanks!

aprilsummer95

I'd love to go to Switzerland someday, too, even if it's not for honeymoon :D It's also close to other European countries so you can really make the most of your travel alone during honeymoons.

DahliaSim

Dear All!

Me and hubby are now planning a F&E trip to Switzerland this early May. We are currently searcing for the accomodations.

Would lve to exchange pointers with any of u who had been to Swiss and who plans for a trip there..
happy.gif
Switzerland is a beautiful country. I would love to visit there when the pandemic ends. :)