Simmons mattress - any advise?

whitefloral

hi

We bought the westbury. King Koil sheets fits. As for mattress protector, we DIY attached a new longer elastic band to solve the snapping problem
happy.gif

lkf

Smurfy

Thanks a lot for the info. Will go down and take a look later in the afternoon today. think the exhibition ends today.

M

mee mee

Hi all,

I just bought my queen mattress from Simmons Gallery at IMM. They are having a promotion of the latest BeautyRest series (cherrington, debut and another one can't remember the name..) that are made in Canada, with bed frame thrown in and pillows + mattress pad. Lady told us the latest models are unlike felicity and others which have problem with matching bedsheets.

You may wish to go check it out...

mee mee

K

kk

Hi Mee Mee,

How much did u pay for urs?

I visited Aero Furnishing at parkway parade in Jan/Feb this year and placed an order on Expedition King size. With bed frame thrown in. It cost me around $1999.

M

mee mee

I took the firmest of the 3 models offered. Its about 2,199.

I think there is one model selling at 1,799 with all those freebies thrown in.

winnie

Hi mee mee, that is a good buy. Is that model the cherrington one? I saw that one with all the freebies u were saying, but was quoted $2.5k for all.

Were u given the mattress protector...also, u had an open date delivery?

M

mee mee

Its at IMM, 2nd floor. Simmons Gallery. Might be better to call to see if the promotion set is still available. their phone no. is 65658311.

If they run out of stock, u could try IMM Great World City or Metro Paragon. Its controlled price, so all quote the same price. Is suspect the promotion might be over since u were quoted 2.5K. when did u go down?

M

mee mee

Hi Winnie,

I think u might be refering to the King size bed. I bought a Queen size.

Better quickly go down and make the purchase before they run out. If u pay in full (without installment), they will give you additional 5% off.

Good luck!

mee mee

bear

Hi, I also bought the promotion set. Since mee mee paid $2199 for the firmest set, I supposed mine is the middle one. I paid $2099 for mine. Very glad that we managed to get this good deal.
I also bought mine at IMM simmon gallery.

M

mee mee

I think Robinson is not carrying this promotion. We went there to check out before we bought our bed at Simmons Gallery.

W

whitely

Hello,

anyone bought simmons-felicity mattress? What brand of bedsheet you bought?

Kindly advise please. Seems that few ppl get this model.

kat22

Hi, whitely

I bought Sintex 100% cotton, Martex, King Koil and Shecando. Other brands you can also consider are Peri, Sheridan, Hallmark.
happy.gif
Alternatively, get flat sheets instead of fitted sheets and tucked the ends in
happy.gif

W

whitely

Hi Kat22,

Thanks for your advice. did u get fecility, too? I think this is the model we like most amongst all. How much does it cost you?

Actually my sis bought me a sintex 100% already but I would like to get another set. havent try the bedsheet she gave me so dont know whether it suits or not.

kat22

Hi, Whitely

Yes, I bought the Simmons Felicity (queen size). Bought it for $1899 with free mattress protector and 2 neckcare pillows last year. Very comfortable indeed!
happy.gif
How much does it cost now?

I must say the mattress is very thick. Even though the sintex bedsheet state that it can fit mattress up to 12", the bedsheet still cldnt cover the entire mattress properly. Think it's best to get bedsheets that can fit at least 13" mattress.

Oh yes, although the mattress is very comfortable, it is also very heavy! Must make sure your hubby help you when changing bedsheets
happy.gif

molly

Hi,

Heard Robinson will give refund for Simmons mattress if price fall before you take delivery. Is this also applicable to Simmons Gallery, bought my mattress there and noted that prices fallen slightly now will i be able to get refund? My delivery date is late june03.

Appreciate if someone can advise. Thks

serrich

hi molly,

yup, you can go back to the gallery and request for the refund.

I did that too. I ordered a Westbury @ $2619 and during the Robinson Sale, I went back to the gallery and they gave me the same discount that Robinsons is offering...

patlpt

Felicity is not available at Simmons Gallery - IMM, Great World City & Paragon but available at their retail outlets.

Backcare series tend to be thicker but the latest beauty rest are all about 9".

I just bought mine and am expecting their delivery this afternoon.

molly

Hi Serrich,

Is that true?? Great!!! Can i know which Gallery you went to? But i bought using citibank credit card under 12mths instalments will that complicate matters???

W

whitely

Kat 22,

It is slightly cheaper now coz they are having promotion but this felicity is two years ago's model. We dont mind to get an older model but think it is very comfortable than others. They
dont give us any free pillow but only mattress protector
sad.gif

I went to robinson at city hall yesterday and try to search sintex, perry, king koil bedsheet but couldnt get nice one. I only notice the threads count on the cover stated but not the thicness can be fit. Where to find it?

You also bought simmons bed frame? We intend to get simmons bed frame tonight. just a very simple design headboard
happy.gif

kat22

Hi, Whitely

oic. Hvnt tried the newer range but i am very happy with my Felicity
happy.gif
How much did you pay for your Felicity?

You can find the thickness from the dimension of the bedsheet
happy.gif
Some brands will give the thickness dimension but some (I think King Koil) only state the length and width of the bedsheet. You can perhaps check with the sales assistants as well. They sud be able to advise you.

No, I didnt get the simmons bed frame. Bought my bed from OM
happy.gif

Hi, patlpt

Is your new Beautyrest mattress also non-flip? Does yours come with a pillowtop? My fren is also looking for mattress and thot of recommending him the new series
happy.gif
Thanks!

W

whitely

Hi kat 22,

Thanks for your advice. We bought it at 1799 intially but then realise there is promotion for 1594 only launched recently, fighting for this lower price now :p But I think the management control the price very strictly, every outlet should have same promotion. We are not very worry about that, After all this is a branded company
happy.gif

Hey, do u still remember a lady hold her wedding at sheraton tower in march ? she told me she "knows" you
happy.gif
so coincident!! hehe

btw, is this OM at IMM? We intend to get a synthetic leather bedframe at lower price, any advice on this too?

winnie

Hi,

not sure what is the pillow top thingy about...u mean there is another layer on the mattress? Can anyone explain?

Are non-flips mattress better? Tks
happy.gif

molly

Serrich,

Thanks for your reply.

I bought at Paragon, just called up the sales consultant said that she still awaiting for her manager to reply my case.

Just want to know did you use your credit card to purchase? I did, maybe that wat complicate the matters. But my frend also using Robinson card but no problem leh...A bit unfair if i can't get refund becos of tat then might as well buy at Robinson instead of going to their Gallery since prices is the same..

serrich

molly,

I used IMM card instead of cc and i did not take up installment. Only paid a deposit.

I understand from Flora that its better to purchase from gallery as they are more flexible, ie. if there are any future promotions that offers a cheaper price, then I can also get it at that px...

Thats why I bought it from the gallery. I was also aware that Robinsons also having this service. If there is a on going promotion, then they will automatically reduce to the promotional price even if you have ordered it before the promotion.

Somhow or rather, I would prefer to get it from the Gallery... What for the manager to reply lor.. I think should be okay lah.. Dun worry.. They also dun want to ruin their reputation wat...

enya

is there a promotion at 1594?? serious?? i just went to pay a deposit for the cherrington series, costs 2599 in total (king size + bed frame + 2 neckcare pillows). using visa gets us another 5 % off! best of all, the mattress is pretty firm, and is only 9". easy to get bedsheets!
happy.gif

C

cherrington

Hi enya, wat a coincidence, i jus bought the same thing as you today with the same promotional price too..where did u get yours? Got mine at paragon...

molly

hi serrich,

just got confirmation from Gallery that they cannot refund me, i can only exchange for items (pillows or protector) for the price difference
sad.gif

Seems like they not very flexible leh...

already bought pillows from them and also got a free protector so now dunno wat to exchange for also???

C

cherrington

hi doodbug, it is a PVC one. The models of the bedframe is called Loria and Leo...

M

mee mee

molly,

what are u trying to refund? Which set did u buy and at what price? What are they charging now?

mee mee

doodbug

Hi Cherrington! When I bought my Felicity there was also a free bed frame promo, but I did not get the free pillows, only got the mattress protector. The deal now sounds very good! My frame was also PVC - I don't think free frames will ever be leather coz leather frames are really expensive!

Tks for the clarification!

molly

Hi mee mee,

i ordered my westbury king size in Apr03, prices is $2,488 after 5% discount. However, prices had drop to abt $2,300++ now and hoping to get back the difference in prices since i have not taken delivery yet.

A friend also bought same time as me manage to get the price refund from Robinsons but Gallery say they cannot do so as i had used the credit card for 12 mths instalment. Not very fair becos i paid same price as my friend who bought from Robinsons and also she is using Robinsons card under 6mths instalments. Seems like better to buy from Robinsons since prices is the same anyway.
sad.gif

M

mee mee

Molly,

I see.... I thought you were refering to the promo now for latest Canadian beautyrest series....

doodbug, Actually they gave me suede leather bedframe for the cherrington mattress that I bought. I felt the texture and it is definitely not PVC.

mee mee

C

cherrington

hi mee mee,
may I know what is the name/model of your bedframe? Becos I asked the sales consultant what material, she answered me PVC...

Hi doodbug,
you don't have to compare becos what you have gotten is in fact a better deal! Becos I was pondering which one to get initially between Felicity and Cherrington..Robinson and Takashimaya is giving a discount over the last weekend..But I finally chosen Cherrington becos of the bedsheet issue...
Anyway, Cherrington and Felicity belongs to two different class..Cherrington is a must-flip bed whereas the Felicity is a non-flip bed hence means more expensive..

Cheers!

doodbug

Hi cherrington - tell you something - I LOVED the frame at first, but now tha tI am moving to my new place, I feel like chucking it coz it is a huge frame and the black colour i way way way tooooo stark! Terrible ah I? heheheh so I am back at square 1!

blurblur

i am looking for a simmons mattress, and had been to several of their galleries and 'authorised agents'..

i was very shocked by the px difference... for eg, while 1 shop could be selling a backcare mattress at $1100 - $1400, few other shops are selling at $2k+. Not sure if there is such a thing as a fake simmons mattress?

snoopy

hi blurblur, which shop did u go to? it could be that shop is having a clearance sale. but usually the discounts should be about equal among all distributors and galleries leh. :p

and also, it could also be u may be looking at diff backcare mattress. there's backcare 1, 2 etc.

blurblur

snoopy, tx for your prompt reply. i was looking at backcare 3.

after reading thru this thread, i realise the cheaper mattress could be old stock that the shop is trying to clear..

sleepy

hi pucca,
try robinsons. all their mattresses are currently 25% off + 10% off, plus another 5% off with robinsons card. robinsons has simmons, king koil and sealy. i think the deal is only for the rest of this month.

hope this helps, good luck.

linda

hi,

is it better to buy from robinsons or from simmons gallery.

is it true that at robinsons you can refund teh difference if the price of the mattress drops from current promotional price, of course before delivery of mattress.

thanks !

passer

Hi,
The robinsons promotion is still 29th of May only. Not sure if it'll extend or not.

Linda,
Yes it's true you can get your refund. I got mine back and i did ask another of my friend who got her mattress there to get her's refund too.

Not every place carrys the same model of mattress if you noticed. Not sure if simmons gallery carrys all models they have. Even taka and Robinsons dun have the same one.