Simmons mattress - any advise?

flowee

edde

which sales person @ imm did u get ur matt from???
i also bought my simmons durin last yr asia fair @ s'pore expo ( sales person from simmons imm )..
btw which matt under the simmons range did u get???
mine was a queen size canterbury...
happy.gif

pinocchio

Hi Delannie,

My brother-in-law sleeps on Simmons mattress for many years. Recently he change to another simmons mattress, I think shouls be expidetion, and he comment that it is not as good as his 10 years old simmons previously.

The funny things is that I can't find those Singapore models at the US Simmons website. Maybe Sleepwell is right.

N

newtosimmons

dear gals,

i was told by the sales consultant at Great World City's Simmons Gallery that the Beautyrest range is made in Japan while the Westbury (and probably Felicity) is made in Korea. She didn't mention anything about the expedition range though. Well, she said that although they are not made in US, all their mattreses went through ISO checks and are of the same quality as those made in US.

Hmmm... not sure how true this is but since i've already bought my simmons mattress, i'll choose to believe
biggrin.gif

edde

hi flowee !! the salesperson is flora if i din rem wrongly....i bought the beautyrest series..cant afford anything more ex than that !!! in fact, its aft my stay in rasa sentosa that i realise simmons mattress is THAT good !! i called up rasa sentosa to find out abt their mattress brand and was told that its simmons beautyrest series.
happy.gif

flowee

edde

we bought our matt from the same sales...
happy.gif

quite a few hotels in sg usin simmons matt...
how muz did u pay 4 urs???

pinocchio

Oh.. I never know that hotel quality mattress is good. Tried on some of the 5 star hotels mattress, I still feel that my home mattress is the best.. haha

edde

hi pinocchio, i sleep on king koil at home the hard and sturdy type. i stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms in rasa, so perhaps the mattress is new and soft dats why i find it so comfy. raffles the plaza (former westin) heavenly bed (also simmons) is good too but still not as good as rasa's....i agree with you that not all 5 tar hotels' beds are good.

edde

hi flowee, cant rem how much exactly but after discout its $1000+ one of the cheapest range of simmons. :p

M

mail lum

hi,

i'm also looking for bedsheets for westbury bed... Martex or Peri are quite expensive right?
any other more "economical" brands?

(i bought a set from Quedos.... now realised that it may not fit
sad.gif
)

mia

Hi gals,
i juz bought my martex bedsheets during the robinsons sales. its really worth it, coz i got a total of 35% discount. Saw that the sales is on again in today's papers, u might want to check it out.

nexus

Hi,

Check out Trinity at Robinsons. Costs about $70 for King Size Bedsheet. Limited colours though but good thread count at 300 per sq inch.

If no budget constraints, can try HallMark or Varessa. All can fit 13" mattress.

serrich

Hi all,

I also got a kingsize westbury from flora(IMM). Is it true that not all kingsize bedsheet set will fit?? Oh dear, anyone of you bought sintex bedsheet set? Does it fit?

nic

Hi hi,

I bought a Simmons King Size Canterbury... anybody has that same mattress? Know if i can use 11 inch fitted sheets on it? it is 13 inches... my bedframe has raised sides, so can't see part of the mattress...

shirsweetiepie

Dear all

I gotta myself a westbury king size bed too,yet to delivered. however,as i read from the thead mgs, it seems that they are limited brand for simmons westbury 13" inch matteress usage? izzit true?

we hv gotta a set of aussino bedsheets and cover during sale. oh no!! dun tell me i can't use it!!
sad.gif

wat is the size of the matteress I shld tell the salepersons when purchasing?? when i told them, i need it for kind size bed,they can can leh. how? wat to do now?
can someone advise me on this? Tks!

nic

Hi Shirsweetpie,
I think i am in the same predicament as you. I have already bought two sets of bedsheets, and now i think they might not fit...bleah, how?

C

chupachup

Hi Shirsweetiepie

aiyah sorry don't mean to disappoint u but Aussino fitted sheets (no matter what size) don't fit nicely into Simmons mattress bcos. My friend owns a Felicity Plush and cld not fit her aussino king size sheets into it. My mattress is Simmons Expedition Firm - also got prob looking for sheets. SO far, only Friven seems to be able to fit in quite nicely but must tug it very tight at the corners. Also, make sure the mattress protector u buy fits cos i bought mine from Robinsons - one of those brands they carry, the rubber straps keep snapping out when we turn about. Very irritating!!! This one i don't know true or not but i heard frm someone that must buy sheets frm brands that carry mattresses too so that their sheets can fit ours. I bought King Koil sheets but haven't tried yet so don't know la.

S

sleepwell

Hi all,

I think you need to check the sizes of the bed sheets before purchasing. Too thick mattress really gives a lot of problems when looking for bed sheets. And thick mattress does not mean better quality.

smurfy

Hi,

wow, after reading the threads, find that all of you really Simmons experts ..hee...

Well, i would like some advice. Are all simmons mattress made of pocketed coils? That is, when one party toss in his sleep, it won't affect the other party?

Anyone heard of Heritage series?

D

delannie

HI Chupachup,

Have you bought any Aussino bed sheet to try? Does it fit that badly?
Oh no, i just spend $150 on aussino for my wedding & my bed model is the same as your!

flowee

nic

i own a canterbury matt
the simmons sales person had recommend mi the followin brands 2 fit my canterbury:
Sheridan
King Koil
Martex
Peri
Hallmark
Elle
* Friven - She heard from the friven sale only. We have to check out on our own lor

hope u find it useful...
happy.gif

P

ping ping

Hi Smurfy,

All Simmons mattress are made of pocketed springs and most of them are those "Do not Disturb" mattress. I believe you need to really go and lie down on the different mattress to feel the diffce.

Believe Heritage is an old model. If you really want comfort shd go for those under their latest Beauty Rest Series (Expediture, Felicity, Westbury & Caterbury)of course the prices are steeper for these. For backcare you can try their Backcare Series 1-4.

C

chupachup

hi delannie

no i didn't buy any aussino sheets bcos my friend already warned me that it doesn't fit our mattress. Like i said, try to buy sheets from brands that also carry mattresses like what flowee has listed. Better to be on the safe side otherwise wasted la. Oh, another plc u can buy sheets is from Ikea. Their sheets are very comfy 100% cotton and reasonably priced too. They also fit nicely into our mattress.

smurfy

hi Ping Ping,
thanks for your infor. I bought the Simmons package at the fair for S$1699 (includes Queen bed frame, Heritage mattress, mattress protector, 2 NC pillows, 1 set of ELLE quilt cover bed sheet set). If I want to change the mattress, then got to top up, so I didn't.

Hi sleepwell,
Why do you say that BC series are nto pocketed coil series? From what I read on their website, www.simmons.com.sg , it saids that they are.

Anyway, still wanna to thanks all of you for your advice
happy.gif

bear

Hi smurfy, you bought your simmons package at the fair? Where is the fair and when is it ending? I find yor package quite reasonable.

smurfy

Hi Bear,

I bought it at the Design 21 fair which start on 10 May - 18 May 2003 at Expo Hall 6. Actually this company named "The Mattress People" had been promoting this package for the past few furniture fair at Expo but I were so hesitating in buying. Then come last sun, I went to the fair again and find that they don't have this package anymore. So I ask the salesperson still have the package or not. The salesperson, being nice, said that they had stopped the promotion but since I had seen their package before, they willing to sell to me loh. So this time I finally made up my mind to buy :p. This company only promotes thir mattress and bed frame at fairs, they do not have any shops or showroom. So if you want, you better hurry down.

You just ask them still have the S$1699 package or not, like what I did
happy.gif
. If you want, tonite I go home and find the name of the sales person from my invoice.

R

rince

Hi Bear,

My advice is you shd try out the mattress before committing. Buying mattress is an impt decision as you will be spending 1/3 of time in bed and therefore shd get one that you like. I seen this package before also in the previous exhibition and tempted to buy but comfort level not that good compare to the latest series of Simmons mattress.

But of course also have to look at your budget also lah.....

bear

Hi smurfy, thanks for telling me that. So there's another expo going on now. Mmm...so many nowadays. Okie...shd I want, I will try the same trick.

Hi Rince, thanks for your advice. yah..I will definitely try it out 1st. I think normally simmons mattress are pretty ex lor...that's why I find smurfy's package more offordable.

S

sleepwell

Smurfy,

I think you got mistaken by the info from the website. They didn't mentioned any pocketed coils for backcare series. They only mentioned that "The collections also features the new generation Simmons Pocketed Coil foundation." From what I know, "foundation" means the divan. That's why I don't think backcare is pocketed coils. Unlike Beautyrest series which they did mentioned "pocketed coils".

smurfy

Hi Rince,

For me hor, I really cannot tell the differences in the mattress except that some are softer while others are firmer. So I based on my budget to work with loh. Anyway, I still find this package quite a steal.

Hi Bear,

The person that I spoke to at the fair is A.J. Wong if you are interested in the package.

sleepy

Hi Bear,

I agree with Rince too. U really need to feel comfy with e bed.

My wife and I got our Simmons Heritage at the furniture exhibition a few months ago.

There were other models , which we both cannot totally agree with.

I am more comfortable with Dr Hard, but it is a BIG no-no for my wife.

R

rince

Hi Smurfy,

Honestly you will definitely find the latest BeautyRest Series (Westbury, Felicity) really comfortable. As spoken to salesperson many 5-star hotels like Shangri-la, Westin uses mattresses custom-made by Simmons (he shown me the margazines write-up) The Westbury are closest to the comfort as those mattress used in 5-star hotel. But of course they are really more ex...

Actually me also in delimma when deciding which model to buy but ultimately bought Westbury as alot of very positive comments abt it from friends who bought this.....

smurfy

hi sleepy,
Since you have gotten the Heritage, I would like to hear your comments on it.

Hi Rince,

If I have the budget, I would have bought the Simmons mattress that produce negative ions (forget the model name). But I got no $$ liao, just finish reno this month, wedding next feb.. sigh... i mean who doesn't want the best, if i got $$, i would have gotten the best of everything, right.

R

rince

Smurfy,

Ya i understand, i also in same situation reno, wedding everything cost $$$$... thats why i was in delimma initially when deciding which mattress to get...

Just to let you know if you buy in Robinsons, can get 5% discount with Robinsons card and pay by 6 instalments. At Simmons Gallery you can get 10% discount with Citibank card and pay by 12 instalments

smurfy

Hi Rince,

Thanks for the infor but I bought the mattress already. In fact, I love the bed frame that comes with it more than the mattress ;P . Thats the reason why I keep going to the Fair to look for this company who is selling that bed frame.

sleepy

Hi Smurfy,

I will only be getting my mattress in a month's time.

After touring IMM for beds and mattresses, must say that I have felt that it is a great deal when i see it at the exhibition.

First impression of the mattresses though, feel that it ain't too hard, neither is it too soft. Would have hope to get Backcare, but not getting the extras, make me chose Heritage.

Bear,
Robinson is having 25% off for selected Simmons mattresses . U may wanna make a trip down and try it out.

C

chupachup

HI Simmons mattress owners,

i also own a simmons mattress and always had problem looking for a mattress protector that fits well with our mattress (as u know simmons is thicker than others). The brand is The Old Empire and a queen size one costs $55.40 at Robinsons. The good thing is this is not the rubber band type. This is like a bed sheet which covers the entire mattress so protection is better. The material is also good - 100% cotton satin. I like it so wld recommend simmons owners to get this if u have difficulty looking for a fitting protector.

wendy26

Hi

I just bought a Simmons mattress range as well called "Midnight Elegance" Have not gotten it delivered yet but bought a few Aussino bedsheets liao. Do u think they can fit?

C

chuapchup

hi wendy,

definitely the aussino sheets won't fit into simmons mattress. it's been tested and proven. A lot of my friends own simmons mattress (of diff sizes) and they went to buy aussino sheets and it doens't fit well. The sides will come out and part of the mattress will be exposed. I wld advise u to get king koil or friven sheets cos they fit better. I also had to give away all my aussino sheets when i found out they were unsuitable.

R

rossie

chuapchup,

Is it true that aussino dun feet for all Simmons??? I thought only the latest BeautyRest series of Simmons Mattress are thicker, the others shd be pretty ok...

Oh no dun tell me i have to give away mine also..

N

no prob

Hi Rossie, wendy26

I hv a Simmons king size mattress & Simmons mattress protector & at least 2 aussino bedsheets. they fit perfectly well.

u just hv to make sure that the Simmons mattress u bought is the standard local king size. not all their ranges are that.

lkf

Hi Smurfy

sorry to interrupt. happen to chance upon this thread and i also bought a king size heritage mattress from The Mattress People during a fair in EXPO dec last year. I will be getting my mattress next month. May I know what model/type of bedframe u are getting. I've not really decided on mine yet..very headache. Is yours on display at the exhibition? need to go down to look at the bedframe and the catalogue again to make the final choice.

Is it true that the normal bedsheet will not fit the hertiage mattress? I also thot that we will only have problem with the beautyrest series with pillow tops. If really the case, then i cham liao, dunno whether those normal bedsheet i bought can fit or not. I vaguely remember checking with the salespeople, think he said this will not be a problem...

P

ping ping

If i am not wrong only their latest BeautyRest Series (Westbury, Caterbury, Felicity) are thicker than the norm (told by Simmons salesgirl). The other Simmons mattress are not as thick so shd be able to fit all bedsheets.

smurfy

Hi lkf,
I love the bed frame that I saw "The Mattress People" (TMP) selling at the fair. The headboard is kinda high. Though my colleague commented that its not comfortable, but I love the high head board. In fact, I paid, S$1699 + S$400 (for the headframe I chose) + S$300 (upgrade to King). I saw similar bed frames in some mags and love the look. I went to few furniture shops with similar designs but none cheaper than what TMP is selling me. TMP also told me that they are selling the bed frame at S$1300 alone, so I think the whole package is really cheap. Do go and take a look, the bed frame is displayed at the EXPO exibition and its hard to miss such a nice bed frame. Others I find them too common, don't like.

I not sure about the different brands of bedsheets not fitting the mattress. But I will measure the thickness of the mattress first before buying any bedsheet
happy.gif